CookieMonstahh
Ohai~ o3o

Old 10-13-2016, 12:58 PM

Anyone here ever seen or watched The Guild?

It's a really well written show that was originally a web series I think? Because the episodes are about 7 minutes each, and they're all on YouTube as well as Netflix, and if you like nerd, gaming, and internet humor, you'll love it! xD

It's basically about this young woman who is having a mental and emotional breakdown, and her only real social support is her guild on an MMORPG she plays obsessively to escape her real life. So when one of her guild mates tracks her down irl in order to awkwardly confess his love, she decides to gather the whole guild together in person to strengthen their friendships.

So the series is kind of a casual, slice of life story that follows her and her guild as they bring their connections into the real world. Each guildmate has their own issues, quirks, problems, and crazy kind of personality and the character development is honestly really amazing. The characters are believable and while they're completely different, they're all the kinds of people you would expect to find online.

They go on crazy adventures, room together, babysit each other's kids, help each other on dates, go to conventions, run into rival guilds, get jobs, and have other hilarious shenanigans.

I honestly laughed through the entire series, the humor is so on point and everything is so relevant to my life, since I enjoy gaming and talking to people online, and have very good friends I met over the internet. It's a great show to watch casually, but by the time you get to the end of the series, you'll be so in love with the characters and their crazy lives that you'll wish there was more. I certainly cried at the end of the last episode when the main character gives her final monologue.

Go watch a bunch of socially awkward MMO nerds become unlikely friends and help each other overcome their problems and cry because it's so unexpectedly beautiful.

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 10-14-2016, 03:49 PM

I have not but it sound really cute, and like I'd enjoy it.
What's the youtube account name?

CookieMonstahh
Ohai~ o3o

Old 10-14-2016, 04:22 PM

Not sure what the YouTube channel name is, but you can just search "the guild" and find them all on there. When I saw them all on there I don't think I really paid attention to the account name... ^_^;;

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-17-2016, 01:48 AM

I think this is the official YT channel.

I watched the whole series on Netflix more than a year ago, it's great

Because the episodes are so short on YT, each season was combined and released as a Netflix "episode".