Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 07-22-2015, 02:56 PM

Aw. I feel bad for you. The only thing I miss about Taco Bell is the money (I was salaried making about $1200 every two weeks), the free food, and some of the people.

I was offered a job at the Taco Bell on the air force base, but he wanted me to be the supervisor of the entire food court, and I didn't want all that stress. I just wanted a part-time job while I'm in school. It would have been nice there, because it's only open from 9 am to 9 pm. I knew I wouldn't be forced to work until 5 am and come back at 11 or anything like that. Plus, it really isn't that busy.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-22-2015, 10:22 PM

I used to be a manager, but I chose not to on this round. On the one hand it's frustrating because I know I can do better than the current team, but the current team is not supportive of each other at all, so I don't miss the stress of it all. Plus once I step into that position, I'll feel like I need to stay. I've already stayed too long, I need a new job. x_x

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 07-22-2015, 10:28 PM

Yeah. The restaurant won't do as well as it could if the employees don't act like a team. I understand that. When you take a manager position, you feel more of a duty to stay.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-22-2015, 10:32 PM

Sad part is, I still run some of the shifts as a regular team member anyway! And I get paid the same amount as newbie team members. I need to step up the job hunt, but job hunting gives me such ridiculous anxiety x_x Plus I'm lazy. >_>

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-22-2015, 10:49 PM

That's messed up. You should get a raise if they try to shove extra responsibilities on you.

Job hunting does suck. I hate doing interviews.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-22-2015, 10:52 PM

The problem is that our state recently raised minimum wage and instead of adjusting everybody's wages accordingly, our company just let all the raises and bonuses wash out completely if we made less and the new minimum. It's supposed to be raised again at the beginning of the year, so I wonder if they'll even bother giving us raises. Even if they do, they'll take the lazy route and let them wash out again.

Job hunting is awful. Staying at my current awful job is easy...for now. I'll regret it later. I don't make enough and it's too stressful sometimes.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-22-2015, 11:00 PM

Wow. That's so messed up. Employees who work hard deserve a raise. If you put in more effort than others, you should get paid for your effort.

I know what you mean. I stayed even though I was miserable, because I didn't want to go on the job hunt. Then, new management took over and fired all of us who had been at the store.

MedievalBeauty
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-22-2015, 11:10 PM

First: Ah that's not good, but I understand where you are coming from. Even if I'm hungry and its starting to bother me; I won't yell at the staff, because its not their fault that Im hungry lol.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-22-2015, 11:32 PM

If it takes forever, I keep my annoyance to myself. Or between me and my husband. The only time I ever have a problem with the staff is when they are rude. We've had a couple really rude waitresses at Crackle Barrel and a place called Shrimp Basket. Like, racist type situations. It just makes their tip smaller.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-22-2015, 11:52 PM

@First - That sounds horrid. I like our company well enough, but they're really looking out for themselves first of all, customers second, and employees last. The owners of our franchise are nice, but even nice people can take advantage of you. =/

I had a waiter practically sit on me a few weeks ago when he was trying to get his flirt on. I still tipped him, but I won't be back. ^_^;;; Like, it was super weird. Cookie is not the type of person to be hit on normally, and yet it happened. Super weird for me!

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-22-2015, 11:54 PM

That is very true. I worked for a corporate restaurant.

That is some extreme flirting. I've never had a guy try to sit on my lap while flirting. Each guy has his own style, though.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-23-2015, 12:00 AM

I was sitting in a booth at Denny's and as he's sitting nearly on top of me, he goes "Move over" but he's already sat on me as he says it. I was like "ooooooookay" This guy's style was to tease me about the thing I wanted on the menu being out and call me hon a million times, plus the sitting thing. I am definitely older than him too.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-23-2015, 12:05 AM

Lol. At least it was memorable.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-23-2015, 12:27 AM

Yeah, well, I won't be back to that Denny's. I don't need a repeat performance.

Fable
OH LEO~

Old 07-23-2015, 12:34 AM

I'm really bad at replying. lul. ;v;

I like it when my boyfriend sits on my lap! I think it's cute. Especially since he's taller than me. But I also like to tickle, so it never lasts long.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-23-2015, 12:39 AM

My husband has sat on my lap a few times, but not when he was just flirting in the beginning.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-23-2015, 12:39 AM

My lap is reserved for dogs and small children. Cookie doesn't date, so there's no other person that needs my lap.

Fable
OH LEO~

Old 07-23-2015, 12:41 AM

I don't even remember what it's like to be single. I was for so many years, and then my nerd of a significant other came and flipped my world upside down. It used to just be my little dog and I. I miss her now. ;3;

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-23-2015, 12:42 AM

It is amazing how a significant other comes into your life and just changes it. I forget what I did before I was with my husband. I think I was really bored.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-23-2015, 12:46 AM

I'm a pretty asexual Cookie. I will be that spinster aunt who never married. Either that or a crazy dog lady. Not because I'll have a bunch of dogs, just because I'm crazy ;)

Fable
OH LEO~

Old 07-23-2015, 12:50 AM

Sometimes I like the idea of just sort of doing my own thing without someone always with me. Just time to focus on myself and do what I want to do.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-23-2015, 12:57 AM

I get to be selfish all of the time! Mwa ha ha! But not really. Still gotta go to work, do stuff for my grandparents, hang out with friends. But I do get more alone time, which is good because I'm rather introverted. Being social wears me out.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-23-2015, 01:03 AM

I do my own thing at least about once a week without my husband. He's very understanding in that regard.

Being social can be exhausting. Most of the time, I'd rather stay home.

Fable
OH LEO~

Old 07-23-2015, 01:03 AM

I'm a home body for sure. I like going places every now and then but the majority of my days off are spent watching movies and hanging out at home. c:

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-23-2015, 01:06 AM

I stay home and sit in front of the computer a lot, watching anime, reading and such. My biggest social activity is usually just going out to eat with friends, because I don't drink. So no bar hopping or clubbing for me. I'm pretty boring. ^_^;