RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-13-2010, 02:12 AM

Welcome to F a t e d ! This is my small farewell contest on Mene.
Featured in this contest are several OCs and myself IRL.
Please grab a seat and make yourselves at home :]~

Contest Start: June 13th, 2010
Contest End: October 31st, 2010, 11:59pm EST.

Award Ceremony will take place November 2nd, 9pm EST ^ ^.

o--- Navigation ---o
- Intro -
- Prizes -
- At Odin's Gate: Dawne and Destiny Profiles -
- Flower Spirit: Waye, Lara, Star, Vipe Profiles -
- Real Life Profiles -
- Entries and Guidelines -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

General Rules
- Please follow Mene's ToS and be polite in the thread.
- Refrain spamming or quoting the front page.
- Art theft is absolutely prohibited. Violators will be reported!
- When entering, you are giving me permission to post the entry on other sites (TinierMe).
You will be credited to either your Menewshan account or deviantArt.

Last edited by RainingLight; 11-03-2010 at 05:14 AM..

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-13-2010, 02:15 AM

A HUGE thank you to xlightwingx, for donating more than 90% of the prizes below >__<!
/gives soul and art skills at your disposal *W*

[ Overall Prizes ]
Prize Values appraised Oct. 2, 2010. Market values may vary!

1st Place: +
Scarf of Order + Pirate’s Booty (27.5k-30k)

2nd Place:
Panda Slippers (20k-22k)

3rd Place: +
Astral Halo + Sleepy Melodies Harp (13k - 14.5k)

To the pictures that best demonstrate artistic ability and most accurately depict the said character(s).
Any artist who submits work into this art contest is eligible.

Best Single: 2 Pot Items
Best Couple: 3 Pot Items

[Pot: Jester Hat, Royal Cape, Spirit of the Phoenix, Waves of Naias and Star Catcher ]

*NEW* Mystery Prize
Every entry will be given a number (in order of entry), and a number will then be randomly generated.
If that number matches your entry number, you will win this mystery prize!
- I may or may not be wearing it right now ;O.

- - - -

Prizes Owed:
- avi: Single, CG art
- ToriKat: Sketch

- - - -

Complementary Sketches are also available to everyone who enters! Please send me a PM with your references after entering :3.

Last edited by RainingLight; 10-30-2010 at 05:52 PM..

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-13-2010, 02:30 AM

[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/Raining_light/Graphics/Dawne_tooaya.jpg[/imgleft]Name: Dawne
Dawne is one of my more aggressive female OCs. Her story begins when she fails to poison a powerful warlock, who in turn kills her and sends to the underworld. Her past memories are forcibly taken from her by the person she trusted the most, and, surprisingly, she becomes a more pleasant person. She worked under the command of Lord Destiny, who governs a book that has all mortal's past, present and future. Destiny, working to revolt against the warlord, used her as a pawn in his plans and showed Dawne her past. Once her memories recovered, the two worked together to bring down the warlock.
[You may draw them as friends, companions, romantically-related or even enemies~]

[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/Raining_light/Art%20References/39575.png[/imgleft]o Age: Deceased / Appearance: early 20s
o Height: 5' 5'' / 163cm
o Physical description: Normal body weight. Dark purple hair, straight, that runs down to her waist. Same eye color.
o Favorite colors: black, indigo, purple, gold
o Favorite clothing/accessories: while she works in the underworld, she is given a maid's outfit and a lantern to guide lost souls. She likes anything that is easy to travel in.
o Fashion style: lolita or renaissance-style
o Personality: Cares deeply for her close childhood friend, vengeful, the type to get defensive unless you can get into her heart

Below are my favorite commissions up to date. Feel free to use the hairstyles in there, outfits or anything else that inspires you.

xxxxBanner Art (c) Tooaya (Gaiaonline)
xxxxAvatar (c) Menewsha
xxxxArt (c) xXabsolutionXx (Gaiaonline) | Harkem | Pheeb (Gaiaonline)

[imgright]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/Raining_light/Graphics/a_banner4.jpg[/imgright]

Name: Destiny
Destiny is part of the same story as Dawne. He cannot remember his past, except waking up in a darkened room and greeted by a powerful warlock. This man bestowed upon Destiny a seal (his necklace with the Chinese character "Ming" (life) ), therefore forbidding Destiny from being able to reincarnate and forever bound to his job as the keeper of the 'Book of Destinies'. Though he tries to rebel, all attempts are in vain. He sees new hope when a new maiden, Dawne, arrives at Odin's Gate.
[You may draw them as friends, companions, romantically-related or even enemies~]

[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/Raining_light/Art%20Collection/OC%20art/DawneDestiny/kemii.gif[/imgleft]
o Age: Deceased / Appearance: early 20s
o Height: 5' 8'' / 178cm
o Physical description: body type is normal, slightly built. Light silver, almost white hair, straight with bangs. Light blue eyes.
o Favorite colors: black, white, golden
o Favorite clothing/accessories: formal clothing - capes, dress shirts/pants/shoes. Bound by his necklace which he despises, which is the Chinese character "Ming" (life)
o Fashion style: if you've ever played Valkyrie Profile, his style is similar to that of Dallas. Feel free to add details to his outfit and do something like that Dallas wears :3!
o Personality: Ambivalent, calm/collected, but plots quietly and also vengeful

Below are my favorite commissions up to date. Feel free to use the hairstyles in there, outfits or anything else that inspires you.

xxxxBanner Art (c) xlightwingx
xxxxPixel Art (c) kemii
xxxxArt (c) xXabsolutionXx (Gaiaonline) | Koneko Kuromira (Gaiaonline) | Harkem | []ImYourGimmick[]

Last edited by RainingLight; 09-20-2010 at 11:35 PM..

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-13-2010, 02:50 AM

[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/Raining_light/Art References/th_avatar-1.png[/imgleft]FLOWER SPIRIT: Rose
Name: Waye
Height: 5'9"
Physical description:
Black hair with red highlights at the tips, mid-length, usually slightly messy. Auburn hue for eyes. Healthy tone for skin. Wears white/black dress shirts but casually so. Necklace with an evenstar, much like this design except in sterling silver. Your typical rich boy. X)
Battle outfit and appearance: Hair glows to be a lighter brown, blond/red at the tips. Attire is a mix of futuristic + medieval styles. Light armor protection, lots of chains and accessories. Think RO assasin. One eyepiece and mic to communicate with Lara. Eyes glow purple when provoked.
Personality: cocky and quiet around people he's unfamiliar with. Jealous easily around Lara and often overprotective and awkward.
Weapon of choice: his evenstar-engraved handgun, white.
References: Grell (Gaiaonline)

[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/Raining_light/Art References/th_avatar3.png[/imgleft]FLOWER SPIRIT: Azalea
Name: Lara
Height: 5' 5"
Physical description: sleek dark brown hair with emeraldhighlights, though usually tied up at the side with a ribbon and hangs down past her chest or in two pigtails when sleeping. Healthy tone for skin. Her left eye has a hint of white due to retinal damage during her earlier training. (She does wear one contact lens to match her other eye color, but this glows white during battle). Grew up under strict training, so she only wears cute seal slippers and PJs when sleeping. Otherwise, she remains faithful to her casual t-shirt/short-sleeve top and jeans shorts/capris combo. At her engagement party with Waye, she wears her first dress, and stuns everyone (especially Waye). Teal/skyblue gown.
Battle outfit and appearance: Sky blue hair, either tied up or loosely flowing, and white outfit (Tight tank-top and denim white shorts, with brown ruffles). Dark brown high-top boots. Think RO sniper! One dark blue eyepiece and mic to communicate with Waye.
Personality: carefree and a little clutzy, and not at all familiar with societal norms. Very dedicated to her friends and Waye, and grows stressed and quiet when she knows her mission is to hurt them.
Weapon of choice: twin daggers and her heels.
References:
Casual: iDazzles (Gaiaonline) | infuse (Gaiaonline) | Meenomi (Gaiaonline) | Shinnamonn (Gaiaonline) | Moorina (Gaiaonline)
Dressie: I can see into your soul (Gaiaonline)

[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/Raining_light/Art References/th_avatar5.png[/imgleft]FLOWER SPIRIT: Water Lily
Name: Star
Height: 5' 6"
Physical description: Beautiful pink-orange hair, slightly wavy. Gentle pink eyes. Usually straight, but sometimes wavy if she's going out. Likes to wear fashionable attire - tank tops, cute tops and miniskirt-legging combinations. Cute sandals or boots for footwear. Her signature item is her star-shaped necklace.
Battle outfit and appearance: Same hair, outfit style is like RO blacksmiths. Similar outfit as her day to day one, except with the addition of her weapon/shield, gloves and legwarmers. Star has a vastly agile fighting build, and likes to use bombs and grenades to divert attention.
Personality: Quiet, serene and pretty type with a cute/fashionable side. Cares for Lara as a big sister figure. Has a crush on Waye, and tries to win his heart back when she arrives at the manor with Lara.
Weapon of choice: lightsaber-like thin sword
References: KUMA TOSS (Gaiaonline) | Sundri (Gaiaonline) | Glyf (Gaiaonline) | Mystinee (Gaiaonline)

[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/Raining_light/Art References/th_avatar2-2.png[/imgleft]FLOWER SPIRIT: Orchid
Name: Vipe
Height: 5' 9"
Physical description: Unlike Waye's messy style, Vipe is always looking sharp. Sometimes people mistake him for being Master Waye instead of Waye = =;;. Light brown hair with blonde highlights.
Battle outfit and appearance: Light beige hair. Similar outfit as Waye to divert attention and protect him if needed. Similar to RO champion style of fighting.
Personality: As a childhood friends with Waye, they always start bickering, and Vipe has an 'honestly = =;;' look for the things Waye does. Despite this, he is utmost loyal to him, and acts as a protector of Star and Lara when they arrive at the manor.
Weapon of choice: melee-style - fist and kicks
References: Tricksta-Anne (Gaiaonline) | Niya-yo (Gaiaonline)

Last edited by RainingLight; 09-26-2010 at 05:46 AM..

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-13-2010, 03:22 AM

[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/Raining_light/Graphics/tab1.jpg[/imgleft] [imgright]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/Raining_light/Graphics/tab2.jpg[/imgright]

Name: Shelley
o Age: 19
o Ethnicity: Chinese
o Height: 5' 6'' / 166cm
o Physical description: Body type is slim, so no voluptuous curves please D: lol. I have dark brown hair that's past shoulder length and layered at the front. Dark brown eyes.
o Favorite colors: pink, white, light blue
o Fashion style: Several XD. Hoodie/Jeans/Running shoes (Bench, Aeropostale, Nike), fashionable tops/mini skirt/leggings/flats or Tank Top/Skinny Jeans/Converse. Formal dresses also work!
o Personality & hobbies: soft-spoken but assertive, kind, happy-go-lucky. Enjoys doodling, playing piano, watching Taiwanese dramas and reading novels.

Extra kudos if you include the Cinnamoroll doll P:!

Name: David
o Age: 19
o Ethnicity: Chinese
o Height: 5' 9'' / 173cm
o Physical description: Tall and skinny, but still healthy looking. Dark brown eyes and hair.
o Favorite colors: navy, black, dark red
o Fashion style: Abercrombie t-shirts, jeans and street-style running shoes
o Personality & hobbies: very sociable with friends, loves gaming competitively, very understanding and tolerant

Banner Art (c) Tabasuko (Gaiaonline)
Art (c) Eevee-moon (TinierMe), perirowinque (Gaiaonline), RainingLight, yoli-chan (Gaiaonline)
Shinnamon (Gaiaonline), animoni (Gaiaonline), Kuromi_Devil (Gaiaonline), para.island (Gaiaonline)

Last edited by RainingLight; 09-20-2010 at 11:24 PM..

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-13-2010, 03:38 AM

Entry Guidelines
- In order to have your entry qualified, it must be original artwork of one or more of the characters in this contest, made specifically for this contest. It cannot be a previously commissioned drawing, freebie or contest entry.
- Entries are only accepted when it's 100% your own work (unless it is a collaborated entry). This means no avatar edits or pixels entries - unless the pixel is made from your own base.
- Entries are only eligible if it's posted in this thread! No PMs, please - I don't want them getting lost!
- Please, please read all of the info pertaining to the character you wish to draw. Paying attention to details and background info will really help you win the top prizes :].

RE: Artists
- Each artist may enter as many times as he/she wishes.
- All mediums and styles are loved!

RE: Prizes
- The prizes given at the end of the contest will be in the form of the said items, not their liquidated values.
- The winners of the top three prizes must be different artists! This applies for the early bird prizes and grand contest prizes.
- Each entry is only eligible for one prize - the highest prize possible will be awarded if an entry qualifies for 1st place and best single, for example.
- Entries that win prizes in the early bird are eligible to win again in the grand contest.

I reserve the right to add or edit any of these rules if need be, upon notification of all participants.

- - - - -

Code:
I'm entering F a t e d!
Username:
Referred by: (if any)
URL of entry:
Additional comments:
- - - - -

All eligible entries will be hosted on my photobucket: click here to see them all!

I will try to update this as often as possible :].

Contestant | pg. | character drawn
Leerah | p04 | Dawne
avi | p05 | Shelley and David
Nephila | p05 | Dawne
Catonia | p06 | Dawne (sketch)
avi | p06 | Shelley
ElvinGoddess | p07 | Dawne
Random Candy | p11 | Shelley and David
una | p12 | Dawne
Chire | p13 | Dawne and Destiny
DeadAngel | p14 | Shelley and David
Nephila | p15 | Lara
Rylynne | p16 | Lara and Waye
ElvinGoddess | p18 | Lara
ElvinGoddess | p18 | Lara (2)
ToriKat | p19 | Dawne and Destiny
avi | p21 | Shelley and David
avi | p21 | Star
Iroase Delschatten | p22 | Waye, Lara, Star, Vipe

Last edited by RainingLight; 11-02-2010 at 05:37 AM..

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-13-2010, 03:40 AM

Open for posting! :)

xlightwingx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-14-2010, 03:03 PM

Good luck with your contest <3
(I'm going to PM you about something in a bit, hope that's ok lol)

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-14-2010, 03:35 PM

Thank you Light! ;-; <3
(yay for reused thread formats XDD)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-15-2010, 03:49 AM

I think I may do this contest. all the OC's look so interesting.

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-15-2010, 04:56 AM

Thank you Kat :3! It would be great if you could enter ^ ^~

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-16-2010, 11:42 PM

Slowly gathering more funds for the contest XD~
/ninjar

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-18-2010, 10:21 PM

Distracted by a side-story spinoff of Flower Spirit XD.
I wonder why I never main on mage characters D:...

xlightwingx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-20-2010, 06:00 AM

It's a pretty slow forum, so maybe you'd want to make the contest sort of longer? idk, just a suggestion ^_^; (three more weeks is kind of short.....)

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-20-2010, 06:17 AM

I think I will be extending, especially after getting all of the items you donated >_<! Thank you so much again ;-;!!
4-5 months seems to be the norm D:. My only worry is that artists might not be inclined to enter if the deadline was so far away >__<.

Hmm, what do you think about having monthly contests XD? That way, there's more incentive for artists. And having a grand prize 4-5 months down the road?

Edit: Just did a rough estimate of the items and having a monthly contest might be spreading the prizes too thin D: although I could pick up a few commissions and have 10k prepared per month.
For now, I think I'll keep the July prizes as an early-bird category, and then everything else will be handed out at the end, end of October.

Prize post is updated!~ There's still an extra pair of dove wings D: I'll slot it in when I wake up in the morning.

Last edited by RainingLight; 06-20-2010 at 07:14 AM..

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-23-2010, 12:28 AM

D'aw. D:
I haven't been able to read all about your characters yet, but skimming through, they all look so adorable.
I think I might have to enter this. 8D
Because even if I win nothing, I think I'd have fun drawing them.
> w<

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-23-2010, 05:35 AM

Thank you Rockstar! :3 It means a lot to me D:~
If you have any questions regarding the characters, feel free to ask =]!

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-23-2010, 05:02 PM

I totally will. 8D
And I have nothing better to do on this site, so I'll probably lurk around here for a while. xD If you don't mind~

I don't really have a lot of friends on this site, so I don't talk to people as much. c: I get bored sometimes and do this~ xD
<3 <3

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-23-2010, 05:13 PM

Haha me neither :'D /highfives You're most welcome to stay and chat :3!
I used to know a few artists who came from Gaiaonline, but nowdays they're all busy with RL or moved to TinierMe >__<. The art forums here aren't as busy as they used to be D:.

Last edited by RainingLight; 06-23-2010 at 06:34 PM..

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-23-2010, 06:28 PM

That kind of sucks, considering I'm only just now getting to the point where I feel like my art is worthy of a shop. xD
I'm deffinately more active at Gaia, in the AF forum. I basically live there, and I love it. ;D

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-23-2010, 09:10 PM

Yeah >_< maybe more people will come back once summer break start? D: Are you done school already?

Ohh! I'm mostly in the R/C myself, but I used to be around the AF a lot too, back in...2005? I've been on that site for wayyy too long XD. Do you have your own hangout in AF? :'3

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 06-30-2010, 08:08 PM

One month to go for early bird! ^ ^ I'm thinking of adding my new RP characters in as well *W*;;.

/mostly on TM lately

Nikkiee

Old 07-02-2010, 06:49 AM

So r we allowed to draw any pics n give it too ya? so we can win a priize?

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 07-05-2010, 07:15 PM

You're eligible for prizes if you draw one or more of the characters I posted on the front page n___n.

RainingLight
*^_^*

Old 07-08-2010, 07:54 PM

3 weeks and a bit left for the July early bird prizes ^ ^;;.