Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 12-27-2014, 05:23 AM

Check out my handiwork!
Comments: [optional] These are my hand stitched Christmas stockings (gifts) I used a pair of denium jeans I had and I cut out boot shapes plus I used the jeans belt loop piece for the stocking hanger thing and I also used some felt I hand sewed them together and I also stitched my name inside making them my personalized masterpiece (sis inlaw likes western stuff even her tree is boots and cowboy santas so this made a great gift) ^.^

jupiter
inactive account

Old 12-27-2014, 06:18 AM

A vuvuzela? I thought those had all but been banished! Kind of clever things, though, for stadium events.

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 12-28-2014, 02:25 AM

Check out my handiwork!
[paste or link IMG here]Comments: [optional]Gizzie made her swimmy kiddos Christmas stockings ^.^ I hand sewed them from felt ^.^

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-28-2014, 02:43 AM

yay for turtles!

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 12-28-2014, 08:51 AM

I brought sweets!

Comments: On Christmas Eve I got to do something I've been looking forward to for nearly 6 months-- I got to move my Grandmother back to her home from a nursing care facility. While we don't typically have cookies in our Christmas celebration, we ALWAYS have cookies when we visit with my Grandmother's house. So this year in addition to the cake or pie I decided it would be a nice way to celebrate her company with some cookies! I used a sugar cookie (they ended up tasting like Walkers shortbread cookies) and dipped them in semi-sweet chocolate... because chocolate.

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 12-28-2014, 06:03 PM

Check out my handiwork![paste or link IMG here]Comments: [optional] Gizzie made a baby yan YANTA ELF and froggy both are hand sewed and have wireing sewed inside also so they can bend arms legs and turn head and sit up ^.^ The frog has a fly in its hand and hand stitching on its jacket "Carla" it was a gift .... baby yan has removable clothes, hat , and elf ears ear muffs .... Yans song book has wire sewed into the cover so it works like areal book it opens and closes and the felt pages turn and have hand stitching musical notes on the pages (holly on book cover) then I made baby yan a candy cane because he threw a hissy fit ^.^

wish

Old 12-29-2014, 12:16 AM

OH general holiday crafts!! i didn't see this category. I can enter something yayyy~!!!

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 12-29-2014, 02:19 AM

Whoo! My phone is finally syncing! Soon you will be able to witness my cooking skills. :P

jupiter
inactive account

Old 12-29-2014, 02:40 AM

//gobbles up Mythos:'s entry.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 12-29-2014, 03:41 AM

I love it when you make things for your turtles, Gizzie

I brought sweets!

Comments: Peanut butter reindeer cookies, with pretzels and M&Ms (which I usually don't use but turned out okay with this project). Adapted loosely from this recipe.

wish

Old 12-29-2014, 04:06 AM

ahahha that is adorable.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-29-2014, 04:19 AM

So many cute, yummy, creative things! <3

.. I swear I'll update the front soon.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 12-29-2014, 08:06 AM

I wish I had taken a picture of the fondue I made on the 24th for the savoury category. So good.

I'm only allowed to submit two for the sweets category, so I went with the two most visually interesting. I also made these, however:

Adapted from this recipe: Chai Spice Snickerdoodles | Post Punk Kitchen | Vegan Baking & Vegan Cooking

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 12-29-2014, 05:04 PM

I brought sweets!
Click on thumbnail for full view
Comments: I tried but these things came out like Franken-treats. At least they were eaten! XD

I brought sweets!
Comments: Cinnamon Apples with honey and brown sugar.

---------- Post added 12-29-2014 at 05:20 PM ----------

I have a savory dish to share!
Comments: Chicken Florentine. It's something that I didn't start cooking until I moved in with my fiance. We don't make it often but for this time of year we like it. It's warm, yummy, and looks a bit like christmas. bows everywhere and white and green. Also I really like these new bowls from my sister-in-law, they have handles!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-30-2014, 05:47 AM

I'm getting frustrated with my room mate i need to go pick up the items to do my Recepie and he' sjust NOT helping by sleepign all day .. 'sigh'

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-30-2014, 04:37 PM

oh my... all the yummies * q*

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 12-31-2014, 04:46 AM

Comments: A post Christmas dinner for three! Lamb Chops, small potatoes, carrots peas, yorkshire puddings and gravy made from the meat and veg juices and oxo cube! Just a shame i had no stuffing left!

(Second one is my Actual Christmas Dinner, but i totally forgot to put my Username in it, the plate is the same, but if you can't count it i understand)

Comments:
(Second one is my Actual Christmas Dinner, but i totally forgot to put my Username in it, the plate is the same, but if you can't count it i understand)

It had gammon and chicken for meat, with parsnips, stuffing balls, carrots peas mash potato and roast potato. It was a pile and a half! Gravy was awesomely made out of the juices and i added some mint sauce for extra yummyness! Just forgot to do the yorkshire puddings, but who ever makes a christmas dinner without forgetting SOMETHING XD

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 12-31-2014, 05:02 AM

I made something to drink!

Comments: Melted Hot Chocolate with Sea Salt Whipped Cream, from this recipe: Adventures in Cooking: Melted Hot Chocolate With Sea Salt Whipped Cream
Hope the proof photo isn't too blurry.

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 12-31-2014, 06:56 PM

This mess is MINE![paste or link IMG here]What happened here? [explain your mess]What happened here ??? I call this HUBBY HAPPENED HERE >.< Yes my wonderful hubby did such a lovely job NICE AND NEATLY putting up my ribbons last year aint it obvious ? Lol last year hubby says " I put all your crafty stuff in a box for you " I'm like ok thinking it's all nicely done .... I opened the box this year to make my homemade bows and dadada o.o a big ole tangled ball of WTH ..... Hubby replied that he wasn't the one to box that up and I am oh sure I would do that to my own craft stuff ? So im making hubby wear the naughty hat in the picture lol he won't but I can pretend he is :p

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 12-31-2014, 07:14 PM

So I'm beyond irritated by now, since I have been looking for my camera nonstop so that I can take pictures of the nummy cookies I made to send to people (and some to keep at home, of course!), so I can't enter them into the contest.
I know it's in the new apartment, because I have used it since we moved. Only somewhere in the organization it got picked up and put someplace else and now nobody knows where the hell it is!

Gods above, if it somehow ended up in the garbage or given as a Christmas present I'll be forkin' pissed, because not only is it my camera, it also had the USB cord with it, and that cord works with both my camera and my MP3 player. On top of that if it's gone for god I'm ****in' screwed because I can't afford to buy another camera! And this was a good camera!

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 01-01-2015, 01:29 AM

I hope you find it, Taiyo :(

wish

Old 01-01-2015, 07:57 AM

Check out my handiwork!

Comments: People that I work with are really into crafts and making their own tags and cards (for all occasions). I joined in on the "Holiday Gift Tag Craft Day" making party where many of my coworkers brought their tools for cutting cute shapes and various types of papers. These are my results from our craft day! My favorites are the snowman tags! I tried various ways to do the snow in the background and even added a present on some of them.

---------- Post added 12-31-2014 at 10:04 PM ----------

I brought sweets!

Comments: I make this 3 layered mochi every year. This year I made it with brown sugar and made it less sweet for the older people in our family who are conscious of their health, like my parents and my aunts and uncles. I wish everyone good health in the new year. :)

---------- Post added 12-31-2014 at 10:14 PM ----------

I brought sweets!

Username Proof Shot

Comments: This year I tried to make Custard Mochi for the first time. I made two batches, the first one I tried on my co workers hehehe. The pan shows the second batch I made tonight. I think my results from tonight were better. The browning on the top layer is nicer! It tasted awesome!! The top half was like flan or custard (if you've ever eaten egg/custard tart it was sort of like that) and the bottom had a mochi "crust" which was chewy and yummy! (The proof shot with my username is on the bottom because when I used the photo put together program on my phone, it cropped my name off. Let me know if this is still acceptable because I can try to make one with my username within the boundaries.)

Last edited by wish; 01-01-2015 at 08:17 AM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-01-2015, 04:42 PM

I never did get around to this....shame on me >.>

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-02-2015, 03:53 AM

Comments:
Holiday Leftover Onigri! The triangle ones Stuffed with left over turkey and pepper gravy filling and the round one is with leftover pineapple ham filling. A flavor change from the typical hot turkey sandwiches. Fun and easy to eat and make. This is the first time I tried making them. :D

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-02-2015, 03:56 AM

Prepare yourself for a great flood!

I brought sweets!

Comments: These are Red Velvet Thumbprint cookies that I made for a cookie swap. I was going to make them by the book, but I got hte brilliant idea to make the cream cheese filling green. I went a little overboard with the green. I had so much trouble getting the cookie base to turn red, that I added way too much green coloring to the cream cheese part. They're a bit eye burninating, but they were tasty. Bonus picture of my mixer mixing. :D

I brought sweets!

Comments: These are the million Peanut butter cup cookies that I made for the Christmas Party at work! I peeled two bags of reese's peanut butter cups and I still ran out of candies! I ended up using red and green candy melts, which looks really cute and still tastes great! I still have some of these left. I made way too many

Bonus picture:

Eggnog Cookies! Since there's already an eggnog cookie entry, I decided to enter my more Christmasy looking cookies, but these cookies were delicious guys!

Comments: Ever since I had Teeokguk aka Duk Gook aka rice cake soup, I've been obsessed with those delicious chewy rice cakes or dduk. When I learned that it's a dish traditionally eaten at New Year, I knew I wanted to make it! "The disc-shaped rice cakes look like coins, so they symbolize a wish for upcoming prosperity for anyone who eats them." Or so Maanchi informs me. I made rice and scallion pancakes to accompany it. I didn't bother photographing the rice because it looks like rice....

Comments: I also made Baked Macaroni and Cheese for our work Christmas party. Here it is in the pot. I forgot to take pictures after I took it out of the oven because I had to run to the party. My skinny little manager ate four servings in one sitting though! There were no leftovers and I made two batches! Wish the cookies had disappeared so easliy!