flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2007, 10:10 PM

{{ooc: yeah i probably should have waited >_<; i admit to that...}}

Korrye
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-08-2007, 03:30 AM

ooc:// Mine is an extremely shortened and condensed version compared to the one that I have for my OC on gaia. xDD

L L A M A N O ! S E
Old Time-y Roleplayer
Send a message via AIM to L L A M A N O ! S E Send a message via Yahoo to L L A M A N O ! S E

Old 04-08-2007, 04:17 AM

Username: L L A M A N O ! S E
RP Name: Goes by the nickname 'Kit' given to her by various employees of the lab
History: Kit has been at the lab for 10 years. She received numerous injections of fox and albino rabbit genetic material; the rabbit giving her her white hair, the fox her ears and tails. When she was small, she had been taken from her front yard in Tor by scientists who promised her a special place of fun and toys and candy all day. When she arrived, she realized that she had been lied to, and cried and begged and screamed for her mother to no avail as the scientists immediately began the painful injections.
The trauma forced her to erase, or at least repress, her own memories of the incident, and only knows life at the lab.
Personality: Cheerful and childlike, Kit knows nothing else but her life at the lab, and so doesn't ever complain about it, believing it to be totally normal and average.
Apperance: [x]
Other: Kit has an improved sense of smell and hearing, although her eyes are strong too. She has elongated fingers and long, strong, sharp nails. She has the mental age of about a 8 year old.

Idiosyncratic
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-08-2007, 09:37 AM

(ooc: thanks F-S, i though about making one after i logged of last night, but you saved me the trouble ^___^
and welcome everybody else!)

She looked again at the patch of new skin that had been revealed with the shedding of the old. "Not really, it just itches a lot. It's pretty tame compared to the effects of one thing i had once."
She reminiced at the past experiment she had partook in. She had reacted so badley to a chemical used that her scaled tail had started peelinf of and she had been in imense pain for weeks, as it left her tail raw and immobile. That though, was a few years ago and she bore no signs of the afflictions now.

She jumped back into the presant as the bucket the scientist carried caught her attention. "So then, whats for munchies today then?" She already surmised that it was some kind of sea food. Her acute sence of smell had picked up n it, but it could also be put down to guess work. They didnt have much variety in the way of meals.
A long time ago she had insisted she be fed something other than fish, as she had a fully working human gut capable of digesint all that a full human could. But her pleas had gone unheard so she resided herself to the fact it was fish for life.

She swam over to her land area, - only a few strokes away from her- it was mostly dirt and concrete, and pulled herself out, flicking her tail in and out of the water playfully, whilst clearing an old plate that was resting near the far edge of the tank. It was a luxury she had aquired from an old friend, another test subject whom had died a year or so ago. He had left it to her, and she was very greatful. She had hated having to feed without a plate, leaving her food on the floor. She guessed it must be a human quirk she'd inherited.

Laveris
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2007, 11:20 AM

"Good," she smiled slightly and flicked through Merrow's file before placing it back down again. She had not been at the lab during the event Merrow spoke of but it was all in the files and notes.

"I'm afraid it's fish...again." She stepped up onto the raised platform that overlooked the top of the tank and lifted the small food cover, putting the bucket inside. Laveris' way of compensating to the subjects for their condition was to give them slightly more food than the recommended ration.

"Did I tell you I was going for a promotion?" she asked. "If I get it I might be able to organise different feed once in a while. No promises though. Some of the other subjects are incredably less grateful for everything given to them than you are."

Idiosyncratic
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-08-2007, 12:38 PM

Merrow watched with patience as Laveris thumbed her notes. An acount of every experiment and test ever preformed on her. As the bucket was placed down she extended a surprisingly long arm and drew it close to her, yet she didnt attept to eat. She thought it was terribly bad manners. She also didnt like being watched as eating to her was always a private thing. "Thanking you." she said with a smile as she glanced at the contence.

She blushed a little at Laveri's words. She was always embarrased when anybody spoke of her, especialy to her face.
"A promotion eh? i bet you deserve it." She spoke with genuine feeling. She wasnt a hateful being and was quite glad that Laveris was advancing in her career. Yet at the same time she was mindful of who might take over her care. "When are you hoping to be promoted?"

Laveris
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2007, 03:22 PM

"I don't know - perhaps a week. If I get it," she added. "There's no guarentees of course. But I work hard." She closed the top of the tank and climbed down. This was partially a lie. It was true that there was no guarentee but she knew she was the most senior of the juniors and had done nothing but work hard since her arrival, so much more so than anyone else, in her mind she was sure of that, and it was very unlikely she wouldn't get it. But oddly enough she knew the role would take her out of daily contact with the subjects, some of whom she was becoming fond of, and that concerned her. Not that she would ever mention these things to the other scientists. Few of them would really understand it.

"Enjoy your meal," she said and went to the shoot to collect the food for the next subject.

((OOC: I think we need more scientists. xD))

Idiosyncratic
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-08-2007, 05:31 PM

((ooc:i know XD))

She watched as Laveris climed down. "Well, i hope you get it." She scooped out a headless cooked fish and slapped it onto the china plate. It didnt matter that there were no utensils just having the plate satisfied her. She broke a bit of the fish off and ate it.

Her thoguhts were lingering on her mother, as they did from time to time.
She was lead to belive that her mother was still working for Ukip, only in another sector. She was quite high up the ladder was the rhumor. It had been the same man who left her the plate that seemed to know most about her mother. She wasnt sure if she liked her mother much, after all she had been the one who lead her to the life she had. She'd often joked before that her other two parents were her faveourites. Her unknown farther and the sea creature whom had shared it's genes with her.

The fish in hand was now gone, as was that on the plate. She had a tendancy to eat quickly. Sombered by the thought of her parents she streched her torso out above her tail and slipped into the water, her tail flicking out behind her, then following her under.
I'll wash that plate up later.
She didnt often dwell on these empty thoughts and she knew that it would soon pass, but for now she allowed herself to be happily miserable, liying at the tanks bottom.

Laveris
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2007, 06:43 PM

The shoot worked on a scanning system; Laveris had a system of keys and cards attached to her labcoat, each one the order for a different subject within the lab, but the amount was determined by her input. It was a fairly menial job but every junior at the lab had to do it in order to get used to the subjects, their temperament and mindset. Some accepted their role peacefully, some like Merrow seemed to be placid but restless, others where downright hostile.

As she got the next bucket of food out she considered the fate of her mentor. The scientist that she had trained under in her first few months, Emma Rainer, had been removed indefinatly last month after it was decided that she had been far too close to some of the subjects. Even Laveris wasn't certain of the details but it must have been something serious to remove such a long-standing employee of Ukip. Laveris herself knew she was under some scrutiny as the fallout from that - she had to be careful in her symapthys. In the end, her job was worth more.

((OCC: Anyone else feel free to jump in anywhere you like with anything! I'll adapt to whatever. ^^))

Divine Tempest
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-08-2007, 06:52 PM

• Username: Divine Tempest
    RP Name: Real name is unknown, she's called "Sugar"
    History: She was found lying in the forest surrounding the village half dead just over a year ago. She has not been in the lab for very long and as such her physical mutations are still minor; she's grown cat ears and a tail. Besides these she's got the reflexes of a cat. She's great at stalking her prey and always lands on her feet. She doesn't really remember anything from before she woke up in the lab with all of her wounds bandaged. There is no idea whether her amnesia is permanent or just temporary, only time will tell.

Personality: Always seems a bit distant. Never really seems to know what's going on. She has difficulty remembering minor things. She normally says no more than a few words at a time.
    Apperance: Sugar
    Other: She likes sweet things and that's why they call her Sugar. She's pretty calm and well behaved considering they are experimenting on her. Though she has a cage there's almost no need for one.

[[ ooc: If two characters are allowed I'll play a scientist if I can come up with an idea for one. ]]

Korrye
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-09-2007, 01:06 AM

His head pounded as he stepped off the treadmill. It was a typical time of day when he always had a recurring headache and nausea, the point where his body was telling him that he was working it too hard. He winced back the throbbing pain and grasped his hand firmly around his water bottle. This time the woman couldn’t slap his hand away.
Then Wes tilted his head back gently and opened his mouth squirting the water down his throat before swallowing and spraying his face now. He was boiling, the sweat dripping off of his forehead. He gasped and panted for once showing that he was actually tired. She marked this down, writing down a note on the top of his page. She wrote down every fricken’ comment about him, if he picked his nose she would write it down.

Wes shook his head and began to walk away towards the showers. He was in the wreck room part of his facilities. A large open room filled with separate areas of equipment. Settled into the back left corner were all of his weights and equipment. Then just ahead of that were his running treadmills, 3 separate ones that measured different things. They where built into the floor to withstand the impact of his feet when he was running incredibly fast. Then in front of that in the front left hand corner was a small medical center with a series of cupboards and an examination table. That was not where his regular experimentation took place. That was in another room, which had high security doors blocking it on the southern wall.
Then to the right of the small check up center was a large open space. Today they had all of the mats set up around a series of high quality gymnastics equipment. No, Wes didn’t practice gymnastics. He used the equipment for other things.
Following from the open space to the far right wall was a small walled off space. It was known to Wes as his living quarters. A puny room with a nightstand and army cot for a bed. Most times he didn’t sleep there anyways.
The entire layout of the rooms he knew within SimCorp looked like this. Though he had rarely seen the interior of Deryk Camerone’s office he at least knew that it was there which counted.

And so he sighed, heading to his room to grab the white towel sitting on his bed. It was not that he smelt because oddly enough he didn’t. Wes preferred to remain as clean as possible and took showers maybe three times a day. It was one of the only times that he could remain by himself and have time to himself to think clearly. Ever since he was just a child he’d enjoyed his time alone in the shower. Though time and hot water was limited he was still alone.

“Wes, you aren’t going anywhere!” Barked a voice and he turned to view the young and ageless face of his scientist Deryk Camerone. The man was British and stood tall at around 6”2. His hair was jet black and cropped short, his eyes a sharp and icy blue. He stared down his life’s work from across the room and Wes met the gaze with his own. His emerald green orbs glowed, another after affect from the serums.

“Tell me, where am I going then?” He asked. Wes looked down for a second at the ground while licking his teeth. Then he jerked his head back up to meet the man’s eyes again. He had not moved an inch.

“The tanks, you need to do some swimming. Get a move on.”

Wes rolled his eyes and shook his head. He kept walking towards his small quarters. The action was performed to see what kind of reaction he would get out of Deryk. His ears where greeted without any yells and Wes could only bite on his lower lip while thinking as to what was going to happen next.
Still nothing.
And Wes kept walking. He turned, before entering the doorless room, and looked over his shoulder. Deryk hadn’t moved again. He stared straight at him with a daring gaze. The one that was do-you-really-want-to-play-this-game gaze. Wes turned and grabbed his towel off his nightstand before heading back over to the man. He couldn’t question him and what he would do to him if he didn’t listen. This very thing made life suck so much.

L L A M A N O ! S E
Old Time-y Roleplayer
Send a message via AIM to L L A M A N O ! S E Send a message via Yahoo to L L A M A N O ! S E

Old 04-09-2007, 03:56 AM

{[So, uhm, am I accepted? o . o]}

Champagne`Supernova
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Champagne`Supernova

Old 04-09-2007, 05:57 AM

Username: Champagne`Supernova
RP Name: Anya
History: Anya has lived in The Lab her whole life, and several experiments over the first few years of her life involving the DNA of a snow leopard have cursed her with silver hair, and the ears and tail of a snow leopard, along with dark leopard spotting across her shoulders and down her spine. She is also gifted with the ability to be nearly silent on her feet. Unfortunately the experiments for reasons unknown have rendered Anya mute, though she can communicate perfectly well if given a sheet of paper and a writing utensil.
Personality: Anya is very level headed, and placid. She is also very observant, and extremely intelligent.
Apperance: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...anart_anya.jpg
Other: Completely at odds with her snow leopard DNA, Anya will always refuse to eat meat. If asked why, she will always shrug as she can't explain it herself.

Idiosyncratic
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-09-2007, 10:20 AM

(ooc: welcome Champagne and llamano!se =] and yes, you can play two characters if you like.)

She wasnt sure how much time had passed before she came out of her somber mood, but she felt quite refreshed when she woke up after a her little doze.
As she stretched a section of the wall right behind her was pulled open by means of some hidden contraption. Startled she briskly turned around, a few more flaps of skin shedding from her back and arms as she did so.

She knew what was going on. Once a day for about two hours she was allowed to go into a bigger tank that she knew to be called only an exercise tank. The prupose was self explainitary. The scientists knew that their subjects could put on unwanted weight laying idle in the rooms or pens, so they often let them out. Unless of course they were partaking in a weight gain or loss experiment.

Behind the door was a plain tiled tunnel that led to the tank. they themselves were in a large room, so many subjects could be held there.
Merrow propelled herself through the tunnle keeping her arms tight to her sides so as not to scrath them on the walls as she had done in the past as the tunnle was quite narrow. With quick and short beats of her tail she was thorugh, and pushed herself to the surface. As she came up small slits on the side of her neck became concealed as smoe flesh at there sides moved up to cover them. They were her gills. Man made.

When she had been born she had no gills. This ment that she wouldnt be able to survive under water with just human lungs, so at only a few days old she underwent major surjory to 'upgrade' her respiritory system, and part of that process ment giving her gills. In many sences it was her first experiment as everbody had been curious to see if it could be done. Of course it worked and that ment that the procedure could be preformed on human babies at the very least to allow them to dwell in water. They chose the neck as the best place to put them. She had taught herself how to close them with practice.

She turned around to face a scientist she knew little about. She had always been cautious when around him, as he had a nasty reputaion for being very rough with the subjects at times. She said nothing as he soke first. "You know the game Merrow. You'll be unsupervised today. Dont try any funny stuff or you'll be in for it ok?" Although his voice was rather authorotive he seemed quite tranquill today. Words eluded her even though she summond them, so instead she nodded her head.
"Good. Off you go then, i'll be back in two hours." As soon as his tounge strook the last word he turned and walked sharply away towards the door. She herd some slammings and bangs as the security doors locked fast behind him.

She looked about her. It was deserted, only the eerie sounds of the filters working kept her company.
Looks like nobodys home yet. Ah well. Best make the most of it.
Usualy a subject wouldnt be left alone like this, but they knew she couldnt get far with no legs. Out of the tank mabey but definetly no further than the security doors, that required staff fingerprints to open.
A whisp of excitement grabbed her and without opening her gills again she dived down to the very bottom of the tank. It was much deeper than her other, residential one. A great smile on her face she swiftly turned upwards and with great powerful beats of her tail she shot up, breaking the surface of the water and up into the air, in much the way a dophin would. She twisted mid-air before falling back down and with a tremendous splash she fell beneith the water again.
And so began her two hours of 'play'.

Laveris
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-09-2007, 12:37 PM

The floors of the labs where cold, dull steel, much like the exterior of top genetic scientist Doctor Baneful. It was infamous that he told no one he worked with what his first name was. He was simply Dr Baneful. The rumour ran that, even on his personelle files he had not listed it but simple wrote 'A' - for Annonymous. As Laveris had never seen his files she couldn't be sure it was true - but he certainly suited it. He seemed to be entirly void of personality, except on those rare occasions when he allowed other scienstists to watch him perform his own experiments on the subjects. Then a streak emerged. Not cruel exactly, nor truely sadistic for that would imply some feeling, but a complete and utter indifference that showed such methodicism you knew exactly how he thought beneath that shell; he was a Scientist, calculating and striving for results.

It had only been once that she had sat in, during her training with two other juniors who joined at the same time as she, and all three of them where awed and terrified by him. But it was nessisary. Now they knew the standard, they knew exactly who they would have to become in order to advance here and do what was nessisary, but it was not he who held Laveris back in her advancement; it was the legacy of being a student of disgraced Dr Rainer.

What had set her on her train of thought was that, when he had entered the lab's only cafeteria, everything had gone deathly quiet. Not because anyone thought he would chastise them - but because, if he spoke, everyone wanted to hear his wisdom. He never did though. Just got his plain sandwich and returned to his office. A far cry from Laveris' own fluorescent orange jelly desert. It was the way he complety passed over anything with colour or flavour that said he treated himself like he treated everything else - grey.

((OCC: I rambled. xD But I had fun.))

Donut
Looking for a place to call home
Send a message via AIM to Donut Send a message via Yahoo to Donut

Old 04-09-2007, 03:45 PM

Username:Donut
RP Name: Kuro
History: Hes not for sure how long he has been in the lab, but it has been a while. He was injected with some DNA of a cat, and now has a black tail, and ears. When he moves no matter where he goes, or how far he goes, he is as silent as the wind. Because of this, the sienctests put a bell around his neck.
Personality: Shy, and hasnt seen anyone for about a year, besides the scientests.
Apperance: http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e154/donut24/kuro.jpg
Other: Hopes to get out someday

Idiosyncratic
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-09-2007, 04:51 PM

(ooc:Welcome Donut!
I like to ramble XD)

She made a few laps of the pool at a constant staey speed before she surfaced. She watched as the ripples made raced each other to the edges of the tank and then back again, giving up half way across.
The water in these tanks always looked a lot clearer than her residential tank, and she hated it. Not because she was against clean water, but because it allowed her to see her reflection. She had never liked it. Under the greeny, skin, silver hair and spiney ears she could see a human face. It broke her heart to know that she had been changed, when she could have had a life as a full human.
i dont hate myself...in fact, i think life would be boring for me if i wasnt, well, me...
"Its just, life in here makes me resentful..." she whispered under her breath.

Freedom had crossed her mind many a time. She had loved to imagine what life could have been like if she were wild. Not nessicarily as a human, but her fish girl self just free.
She unconsiously started swimming around the edge of the tank again, whilst her mind dwelt on pointless matters.

Donut

Old 04-09-2007, 05:17 PM

Kuro sat in the corner on his cell that they held him in. He never realy liked it here, and always wanted out. He doesnt ever talks, because it wouldnt help anyway, and besides he hasnt had anyone to talk to in 8 months. He just sat there and thought about nothing, like he always did.

Laveris
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-09-2007, 06:04 PM

After lunch, Laveris finished her feeding rounds for the day. Her last subject was Kuro, a cat half-breed who never seemed to speak. In some ways it was seeing those devoid of self that where the hardest to bare. At least those that hated you, that wanted to fight back, had some spirit left inside them. He seemed so small and empty.

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-09-2007, 06:59 PM

{{ooc: i'll be sure to add the new peeps to the ooc~ it would be nice if the profiles were posted there though @_@; its kind of distracting when trying to keep up with the rp >_>;;;;}}

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-09-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiosyncratic
She made a few laps of the pool at a constant staey speed before she surfaced. She watched as the ripples made raced each other to the edges of the tank and then back again, giving up half way across.
The water in these tanks always looked a lot clearer than her residential tank, and she hated it. Not because she was against clean water, but because it allowed her to see her reflection. She had never liked it. Under the greeny, skin, silver hair and spiney ears she could see a human face. It broke her heart to know that she had been changed, when she could have had a life as a full human.
i dont hate myself...in fact, i think life would be boring for me if i wasnt, well, me...
"Its just, life in here makes me resentful..." she whispered under her breath.

Freedom had crossed her mind many a time. She had loved to imagine what life could have been like if she were wild. Not nessicarily as a human, but her fish girl self just free.
She unconsiously started swimming around the edge of the tank again, whilst her mind dwelt on pointless matters.

"I've never seen a person stare at their reflection in such a disastisfied manner before." A monotone voice cut through the steady silence of streaming water and mechanical filters. Soft footsteps echoed through the quiet room and a chair skidded across the floor. Silence weighed the air once more as the person watched Merrow continue with her swim. Apparently, Merrow was too preoccupied with her self loathing and exercise to notice that the door had opened and closed. So much for being alone, her blissful solitude was stolen away from her, like so many uncountable times before.

Donut

Old 04-09-2007, 07:49 PM

Kuro didnt move at all during the day much, and only slept at night. He we starting to get hungery, but tryed to push that feeling away. He only ate when he was hungry, and didnt beg for more even if he wanted to.

Korrye
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-09-2007, 08:29 PM

Deryk walked with a fast stride, one that Wes met equally without any hesitation. He had slung the white towel over his shoulder and folded his arms tightly while walking, Deryk leading him through the only series of doors that lead out into the hallway. They entered into the lab area were Wes’ attention was instantly drawn to Shane, one of Deryk’s wimpy interns. He was setting up several things, which told Wes something. His shower would most likely be cut short. They met eyes but Wes stared down the young man. Shane turned his head away almost instantly which made Wes chuckle to himself.

After Deryk worked through all of the security measures, the door hissed open and Wes got a glimpse of the new arrangement of furniture in Deryk’s office. It was newly furnished, his desk no longer glass but a solid dark wood. Everything suddenly looked antique and Wes found himself walking into an office that looked like it belonged to a lawyer. It was definitely professional looking. He peered down at the glass top of the desk seeing that it was actually a smart-board touch screen computer. Very high tech.
Deryk then swung the door open wide and held it with his foot and Wes was forced to usher himself out.

They then walked together through the halls. Wes was more of a puppy on a leash. Though he didn’t want to be following Deryk he knew the man wasn’t a joke and getting away from him would be hell. Lately he’d used his own memory to make several mental notes about doors and locations. He familiarized himself with everything he saw. He looked over the doors he passed through several times remembering numerical codes and what else you needed to pass through them. His mind was collecting endless facts all of time. Needless to say he was never thinking like a vegetable.

They walked through a maze of hallways and it took them at least ten minutes to get to the right doors. Deryk paused and shielded the reader as he slid his personal ID card through the scanner before punching in an eight-digit code.
Wes bit on his lip knowing that the man was getting smarter just by watching the way that Wes surveyed everything. The doors large complex details jarred and Wes watched the door open wide into the hallway. Then he caught a glimpse of the sad interior. A large half above ground, half-underground glass tank was the only thing in the room. The water was clear as crystal and he instantly heard the voices of two others within the room.

“Keep to yourself and do your laps.” Deryk said gruffly before shoving Wes forward. The young man bit on his tongue to resist the urge to attack. His instincts where running wild and controlling them was half the battle.
He then stripped himself of his black sleeveless shirt but also took off his shoes and socks. He was wearing over his black track pants and they where tied securely at the waist. He shoved everything over towards Deryk who kicked the pile of stuff up against the wall. Wes walked around the edge of the glass before reaching a small set of stairs that where pushed up against the tank. He then climbed them and took only a second to prepare himself for a simple dive into the waters. He wasn’t there for any kind of testing, it was merely exercise. He didn’t get to swim often because of the extensive surgeries that where performed. When he was riddled with stitches his raw muscle was exposed. When the cleaning agents in the water came into contact with the serum it began to reverse. In short, Wes began to die very quickly.

The serums literally altered his DNA, the process incredibly crippling. They used several varieties so that certain genes where altered to make him smarter, faster, stronger or resistant to disease. He needed a dose of an overall serum every twenty-four hours because when the cells attempted to duplicate themselves they couldn’t replicate what was altered. The serum was always used up incredibly fast by his body, which caused for this to occur.

And so he knew that he needed to enjoy his swim today because it would be his last for awhile. He surfaced from the water and began to float on his back not even bothering to appreciate that two other beings where near. Instead his thoughts wandered to memories.

Laveris
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-09-2007, 09:23 PM

Laveris pushed the food into Kuro's cage while he just stared into empty space. She wondered if he would even look up this time, or aknowledge the food. He must at some point as it was always gone later that evening.

As she closed it, she heard two pairs of footsteps pass by outside, one heavy and the lighter. Probably one of the other scientists taking a test subject to one of the training rooms, she thought.

Donut

Old 04-10-2007, 01:13 AM

Kuro got up and tryed as quietly as he could to get the food, he didnt see the scientes anymore so he thought he was safe. But his bell just kept ringing every step he took. He finaly got you the food, and started chowing down on it fast, because he was realy hungy this time. He didnt want anyone toy realy know that though. After eating it all, even to the last crumb, he layed down beside the plate, and fell asleep.