My Cup Of Chai
(^._.^)ノ
Banned
Send a message via AIM to My Cup Of Chai Send a message via MSN to My Cup Of Chai

Old 12-30-2007, 11:37 PM

Welcome to Zeon. This is a literate RP. That saying we do welcome new comers to role-playing, however, as we go along if improvement is not made we may ask for a discontinuation of your character. Hopefully that won’t happen though.

Okay, on to the description.

The main setting (or at least where the RP will begin) is in a largely populated urban city called Zeon. The city itself is rather lowly, filled with corruption, vagabonds, and a mysterious group of characters that terrorize the city. Probably the easiest way to picture it would be to relate it to Gotham City. It is made up of four classes: the wealthy business owners, those who work for the businesses, the poor, and those of the Underground.

A bit more details on the classes:

Business Owners: At the higher end of the spectrum are the business owners. These people live in splendor while gaining profit from (and usually abusing) their underlings. Most of the owners are corrupt, though to be fair, some are not.

Workers/Middleclass: Pretty much the “normal” people of the city. They work hard to earn their living. Most live in small to moderate sized homes with small families, as too large a family would drive them down to near poverty levels.

Undergoundlings: A special group of people, the Undergoundlings (sometimes shorten to just “Groundlings”) live above the poor and yet below the working class. They thrive on knowing the ins and outs of the city. Because of this knowledge they are able to roam the city pretty much at their own will.

Some back-story:

Zeon used to be a prosperous city just like any other. After the economic rising and crash however, Zeon—as well as the rest of the country—was left in a state of ruin. Now the city is highly separated in its classes with very few gray areas.

Most of the city’s population is highly superstitious. Magic is known to exist, but evidence of it has decline severely over the generations and it is now taken as form of malevolent doing. People often curse (under their breath) their current way of living on the business owners who they believe to be casters of magic as they are the only ones truly thriving in the city. The truth of course is that the owners simply use their wealth to abuse and manipulate people for their own purposes and profit.

Magic, though signs of it are rare, is actually used quite often by the Groundlings. They are very secretive of it outside of their class however as they are afraid of being accused of wrong doings around the city. For about a decade now strife has been brewing amongst certain groups within the Groundlings. As a whole, the Groundlings believe that action should be taken to better Zeon and bring down the most corrupt. One side of the Groundlings believes in a plan to slowly ease power away from the business leaders and replace them with more suitable and responsible powers from outside of Zeon. Another group believes in a similar plan, only they reason that Zeonites, not outsiders, should support Zeon more specifically, people from the Groundlings themselves. This second group of Groundlings has come to be known as the Shadows and usually causes ruckus in the city in hopes of over throwing different powers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully that will be enough to go on for a nice RP. There are just a few more clarifications.

Magic can and will be used, however, remember people are untrusting of it and large displays of it should take that in consideration.

Magic comes from with in a person, some people are born with the ability, and others are not. It is not something you can learn. Spells, potions, etc., are not used; it is more elemental.

Everyone is human. No vampires, half-breeds, furries, etc.

You do not need to post a full background/picture for your character. Sometimes it’s fun to find out things about your character as we go along. Just don’t abuse that power otherwise I will have to change that rule.

Try and at least give a bit of detail as far as how your character looks and a name within your first few posts. You can add to it later, but at least give us something to go off of.

A good RPer gives and takes strikes. Invincibility is not allowed, neither is god-moding.

Remember if you want to talk between users state that it is OOC (Out Of Character) so that we don’t confuse each other. Please use brackets: { } when talking OOC.

Also the rating of this RP will be PG-13. Not to say it has to be that, but I don't want there to be any surprises later on.

My Cup Of Chai
(^._.^)ノ
Banned
Send a message via AIM to My Cup Of Chai Send a message via MSN to My Cup Of Chai

Old 12-31-2007, 12:04 AM

Reserved. (Just In Case)

My Cup Of Chai
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 12-31-2007, 12:23 AM

Sitting balanced on a fire escape railing, Corin stared off down the alleyway behind the open market. Being nearly seven the stalls were all closed, tarps drawn down, and crates emptied. It was chilly for September; there would be an early snow for sure.

“Never on time,” she muttered faintly.

A breeze blew around the corner of the building billowing the ends of her trench cloak. Tucking her hands into her pits she looked down from her third floor perch. Her face mirrored her frustration at finding nothing but turned over garbage canisters below her.

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 12-31-2007, 12:37 AM

In her newest double-knit brown sweater, she trekked down the huge marble steps leading down from her parents' large house to the driveway. All that sat in the circular driveway in front of the fountain was a nice shiny sleek black car. New, fresh out of the factory. She could even still smell the paint.

Attached to the side-view mirror nearest her was a note hanging by a single red string. It read, "Jade, a special something I had ordered for you since your model from last year is now outdated. Dad." She shrugged, tucked her long blue-green hair behind her and blinked from the chilly wind whipping at her contacts behind the same blue-green colored eyes.

Anything for the daughter of a huge company. She definitely had no room to complain.

okamimyst
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to okamimyst Send a message via Yahoo to okamimyst

Old 12-31-2007, 12:39 AM

((OOC: is it all right if I join?))

My Cup Of Chai
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 12-31-2007, 12:48 AM

{{Please do! We need more players.}}

Corin was worried. She was supposed to meet a contact at the Ferris Bloom factory at six, but no one came.

Three blessed hours of waiting out on that stair well. If I find out who was supposed to have come and didn’t, I’m gonna kill â€em.

With her thoughts else where she absentmindedly ran a hand through her short, spiked hair. She turned down a small alley towards the main street. Being so late the only ones to dot the sidewalks were those looking for a handout or a place to keep out of the wind.

Daen walked hurriedly down the street with a small shopping bag swinging haphazardly from his wrist. Head bowed slightly against the wind he kept his eyes forward. New to Zeon, he didn’t know what to expect from it at this late hour.

Rounding a corner he suddenly ran head on into a person walking the opposite way.

“I’m sorry! I…I didn’t see you there.” He realigned
his glasses to get a look at whom he had just run into.

okamimyst
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2007, 01:25 AM

Riue watched the girl walk by from the evening gloom of the doorway. There was something about the way she walked that suggested to Riue that the girl was agitated. The oberservant nature within herself urged her to follow the girl, instead, she watched her walk along the street and then went inside the pub she'd been standing outside of and let the noise bombard her ears.

My Cup Of Chai
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 12-31-2007, 01:54 AM

Lost in thoughts Corin was taken aback as young man walked straight into her at the street corner. His hair was a mousy brown color sticking up at odd angles due to the wind ruffling through it.

Taking her time coming back to reality Corin almost missed the man’s apologies. She stared at him for a moment until he got an embarrassed and quizzical face.

“Oh, that’s alright. I wasn’t paying attention.” She eyed his shopping bag. “Late night shopping?” I’d be weary of sticking around Earl’s too late. He can get some pretty…uh… interesting people in there after hours.”

Stepping a bit closer Corin took a hold of his scarf that had been undone in the process of their meeting. She gently wrapped it back around his neck, tucking the ends down into his jacket and patted them down.

“Take care.” She muttered a good bye and gave a small gesture of her hand then continued to walk down the street, hands tucked down into her coat pockets.

Daen didn’t know how to reply to her. He had just trampled all over her, and yet she was considerate, even compassionate. Of all the things Daen had heard about Zeon, this was unexpected. Standing there stunned he realized how rude he had been not to reply. He turned to respond, but all he found was a few pieces of paper blown about by the wind.

Adjusting his scarf he walked down the street and pulled open a thick brown door to a pub. Walking in side he saw the normal rowdy crowd laughing around small tables as waitresses bobbed and weaved through the tables to get orders.

Closing the door behind him Daen walked towards the man at the bar.

“Good night tonight, Eddie?”

The barman nodded as he filled a large glass from the tap. Daen knew that was the best he would get from the man. He slid his way through the throng to the back stairs and quickly strode up them. Coming to the fourth floor he walked down the narrow hallway to the second room. Jostling the keys from his left jacket pocket he opened the door to his flat.

Amurita
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-31-2007, 03:26 AM

((OOC: I'm assuming that this is an rp anyone can join by just posting? If not i can edit my post.))

"Can ya berieve how much thish 'ity's changed?" a drunken middle-aged man seemingly rambled to himself as he wandered down the empty street. This wasn't too uncommon of a sight at night considering the stress that many Zeonites lived through daily.

"I mean..." the man paused for a moment. "...how'm I suppose ta raise, let alone feed ma family in such a place?"

He continued walking and then stumbled on something obscured by the dark. He nearly fell but caught his balance on someone beside him.

"I understand how you feel sir." the man responded. "The previous glory of Zeon seems to have disappeared all too suddenly. All because of those damn, rich, corrupt--" the younger man stopped himself from continuing as he saw the older man squirm and sober up slightly. Any citizen of Zeon knew that talking so openly of business owners was not, as they said, great for 'business'.

They continued walking on in silence.
"But how did they do it?" the younger man began again. "To manipulate the city to work in their favour...it could only be due to the use of ma--"
Suddenly the man was interrupted by a small figure dressed in dark worn-out clothes with a tangle of black hair covering most of the face.

"'Scuse me sir, ya dun happen ta have some spare change on ya, do ya?" came the scruffy voice.

Both men backed away slowly. The older man seemed to have a slight look of relief on his face. "Sorry," he quickly replied, "but at this hour me wife an' kids will be lookin' fer me." And with that he hurried away.
"I'd even settle fer a crumb or two!" the beggar yelled after him.

The younger man had a look of anger on his face as the middle-class worker had left before he had finished what he wanted to say to him.
He turned toward the person that remained with him. "How many times are you going to do this to me before you get tired Bylon?"

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 12-31-2007, 03:35 AM

It was probably another way her father would suck up to her -- she would be alone for about another week while he went off on another business trip, slept with countless mistresses, and did whatever the hell he wanted.

That was fine, she figured. The maids could keep the house. She, on the other hand, with a new car, was going out, and down to the lower districts where things were less uptight and snooty like her other flourished life.

So, returning back inside, she grabbed what "low-life clothes" she could find -- a lime and dark green striped beanie, an old brown hoodie and a gray t-shirt as well as some old black Converse all-stars hidden underneath a pair of overly large blue-gray jeans. Anything to blend in and not appear to be one of the higher-ups.

She grabbed the set of keys that were laying in the front seat of the car, situated herself and decided to head off towards the local pub a few districts down. However, eyeing the streets, she took well notice to swerve into a parking lot a few blocks away, in a remotely nice area, to park. Nothing too out of the ordinary there -- a nice car in front of a nice building.

Clearing her throat, she locked her car and tucked the set of keys in her back pocket, stuffing her cold hands into the pockets of her overly large brown hooded sweatshirt as she ambled in the direction of the pub and pushed the door open.

My Cup Of Chai
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 12-31-2007, 04:02 AM

{{OOC: @Amurita: Yes it is and you're post was perfectly fine.}}

After throwing a measly packet of meat, some cheese, and a small carton of milk in his icebox, Daen quickly changed into some light weight clothes that would better suit the warm environment of the bar downstairs.

“Damn. Don’t I have anything clean?” Daen cursed roughly while digging through a pile of clothes on the floor near his bed. Finally deciding on a tee he had only worn once, he quickly striped off his turtleneck and went to the washstand to scrub up a little.

Once redressed he tramped down the stairs wondering if there would be anyone as interesting as the girl he had bumped into a little earlier.

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to AvengedxxAngel Send a message via MSN to AvengedxxAngel

Old 12-31-2007, 05:25 AM

There was a slight breeze coming in through the open window.
The room smelled faintly of lilac.
As Kat began to search the room, she came across a desk with an open book sitting on it.
The book had a slip of paper sitting in the center of it.
She was about to grab the slip of paper, only to hear footsteps approaching the room.
Oh, great...Company

Kat quickly ran to the window, jumped out, then quickly sneaked off the property and back into the streets of Zeon.

My Cup Of Chai
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 12-31-2007, 05:33 AM

Reaching the bottom of the stairs Daen walked casually over to the bar.

He gently rapped his knuckles on the bar counter. “Oy, Eddie.” The barman turned his head slightly towards Daen with an inquiring eye. “Can lad get a mug of beer?” Daen rummaged around his jeans pocket for a couple dollars. The barman fished out a tall mug from under the counter and filled it to the brim. Leaving the payment on the counter, Daen turned to find an open table. The only one left unoccupied was small, two seater close to the door. Figuring he could withstand the cold drafts wafting in with every new patron he wandered over to the table.

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to AvengedxxAngel Send a message via MSN to AvengedxxAngel

Old 12-31-2007, 05:48 AM

Before continuing down the street, Kat pulled her hair loose, and let it fall down her back, then tucked her scarf in and zipped up her jacket.
While wondering on down the road, she came to a small pub.
After entering, she noticed it was packed and hesitated before going to the bar to get a drink.

My Cup Of Chai
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 12-31-2007, 06:14 AM

The door opened just as Daen was beginning to sit down in his chair. Cold air rush up under the back of his tee, sending chills over his body.

Maybe I should have left my turtleneck on.

Looking at who had brought in the cold he saw a woman looking like she was rethinking walking into such a crowded place.

“If you’re thinking about leaving,” he casually said to the girl, “I would just like to remind you of the lovely cold wind that likes to caress your ears â€til they’re bright as tomatoes.”

He tipped his mug towards her then took a small swig. "I will admit however, the place is doing a booming business tonight. I would of course invite such a charming lady to take this empty seat here if she would like."

He smiled at her, waiting for her to reply.

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-31-2007, 06:25 AM

Kat shivered a bit at the mention of the cold outside.
She smiled,
"I think I'll take you up on that offer; Just hold on a sec.."
She turned and headed to the bar, asking the bartender for mug a of beer.
She then returned to the table, and, after taking a seat, took a sip out of the mug.
"My name's Katrina, but you can call me Kat."
After introducing herself, she smiled and offered her hand.

My Cup Of Chai
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 12-31-2007, 06:45 AM

“Daen. Daen Elliot.” He took her hand and gave it a firm shake. “Nice to meet you Kat.” He took another sip of beer.

“I haven’t noticed you here before, though I will admit I’m new to the area myself. Have you always lived here in Zeon?”

He looked over his counterpart, trying to size her up a little. At this point he had yet to make and friends in Zeon and having someone who knew the territory would come in handy.

Corin swayed back and forth with the movement of the subway car. The only one sharing the ride was an old man sleeping soundly in a booth down the car. She had to frown at his presence there. It wasn’t the fact that he was shabby, though he was, or the fact he was trying to take advantage of the public transit to use as a place to sleep. It was that fact he had to use it, and probably had been on the same car or at least the same train all day long.

It’s getting really bad out here. More and more people finding the streets as a way of life. It has to end. It will end…soon. She leaned her head back against the train’s windows and waited for her stop.

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-31-2007, 07:12 AM

"I lived here when I was a child..My parents passed away when I was young so I ended up having to stay with some relatives for a while..I haven't really been back since..It seems to have changed a bit.."
-She sighs and takes another sip-

"What about you? How long have you been living here in Zeon?"

My Cup Of Chai
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 12-31-2007, 07:28 AM

“I’m sorry about your parents. Me? Well I’ve only been here a little over a month. Moved here for school and all. Bit of a late bloomer though. My mother wasn’t too keen on me moving here. I stayed an extra three years to appease her, but eventually I just had to leave.” He took a long swig from his mug before continuing. “It’s said Zeon has the most successful businesses in the country. My mother, she has two other kids besides me. We could use the money.”

He felt embarrassed for laying out his problems on a person he had hardly met. But he almost needed to. Since moving to Zeon he hadn’t talked to many people and those he talked to were fellow business majors who only wanted to talk about stocks and management over the different districts.

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-31-2007, 07:46 AM

-She gives a slight, distracted smile-
"Hm..Yes, there are many...successful businesses here..."
-She then pulls her sleeve back a bit to look at her watch-

"Oh! The time..Im sorry, but I really must be on my way."

-She gives Daen a warm smile-
"It was nice to meet you..Perhaps I'll see you around..?"

My Cup Of Chai
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 12-31-2007, 07:53 AM

”Oh, of course.” He stands courteously. “I live here actually. Well not here…,” he spreads his arms to indicate the room. “but I have a room up stairs. It’s on the fourth floor, second door on the left. If you ever need to find me… don’t be a stranger.” He smiled warmly at her.

"It was really nice to meet you Kat."

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-31-2007, 08:01 AM

-She stands, grabs her mug, tips it toward him and finishes the rest of her drink-

"Have a good night."

-She smiles, pulls her hood up and walks out of the bar-

My Cup Of Chai
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 12-31-2007, 08:24 AM

After Kat had left Daen slumped back into his chair. He distractedly played with the mug in front of him.

She was very pretty Daen.
I know that, you don’t have to remind me.
I can’t believe you just let her walk out like that.
Well it wasn’t like I wanted her to, she just sorta, left. Maybe I scared her off…
Well there’s the optimistic standpoint for you.
Oh, shut up.

Finishing off his drink he scooped up both the mugs and walked back towards the bar. He put the empty mugs in front of Eddie who looked up at him and gave him a small wink before going back to clean glasses.

With a small sigh Daen wished Eddie good night and headed back towards his room. Once inside he didn’t bother getting undressed he simply flopped a top his bed.

“Good work Daennie-lad, you go crushing on the first girl you meet.” His pillow proved to be a very good listener.

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 12-31-2007, 04:58 PM

Jade just brushed past the girl as she made her way out, glaring at the forlorn and baffled man looking after her. 'Eh, tough love,' she thought to herself, shrugging before pulling up a barstool, not afraid at all of the gruffness of each person that this pub, as well as this side of town, had to offer.

". . . Can I get a draft?" she asked dryly to the bartender, unstuffing her hands from her pockets and folding them, fingers clasped together while she propped her elbows on the table -- no room for etiquette like back home in a place like this. She loved the indecencies, sometimes.

The same guy that had dazedly stared after the exiting girl was now sulking in his chair with a downcast glare on his face, and she gave a somewhat unseen smirk, getting a bit of an idea what had just happened. The bartender winked at him as he strode off, slinking off somewhere dark within the pub before the bartender turned towards her, setting a nice frothy beer on the ringed wood in front of her. It made her wonder how many drinks and countless amounts of liquor had been spilled over this poor wooden bar.

"Thanks, sir," Jade said, somewhat too kindly, and it warranted her an awfully odd stare from the bartender. Perhaps that was too polite for this area -- she was a fool to forget. "Er, I mean. . . thanks." And an unseen flush brushed over her cheeks while she raised the mug to her lips, trying to drink it away, as well as the embarrassment that came with it.

She was only glad that he went back to cleaning his glasses as usual instead of sending someone in to pummel the living shit out of her.

Coming to the lower districts, at her status. . . it definitely had a price.

okamimyst
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2007, 09:39 PM

Riue couldn't believe she'd spent the whole night in the bar. Normally, she would have avoided the smokey room packed with drunk men who enjoyed hitting on just about anyone who even remotely resembled a female. Around one in the morning, Eddie, the bartender, firmly reminded her that she couldn't sleep indoors, so Riue left and roamed the streets down to a nearby park. She enjoyed the eerie quiet of the early morning, the way the end of the night settled into the streets and grayed with age at each coming hour. The park was especially pleasant in this respect, and Riue made herself comfortable in the upper branches of a tree to sleep a while before the entrance of a new day.