Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 02:55 AM

Lol I need to top it

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-28-2012, 02:57 AM

Can I do an art contest for this one? Have some of my lines colored?

I really want to change it up since I've done the same thing everytime

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 05-28-2012 at 03:41 AM..

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-28-2012, 04:00 AM

That sounds like fun, Maria :'3

I'm unsure if I should do a third Raffle. Do you think everyone likes them, or should I try something different?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-28-2012, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviouslyAya View Post
That sounds like fun, Maria :'3

I'm unsure if I should do a third Raffle. Do you think everyone likes them, or should I try something different?
I think people like them and it's a good way to get people to actually POST in the thread. Although I think people liked your grid games the best XD

and good! I really want to switch it up - keep it fresh for me XD

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-28-2012, 04:22 AM

You can use any of these;

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-28-2012, 04:25 AM

Thank you Aya!

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 01:46 PM

Sure Maria

I can do page prizes?
But I was hoping to move my point game here

Aya people go crazy for your raffles
Once they see your prize pool
If they didn't want to join they do

I like that

Last edited by Vickyll3; 05-28-2012 at 01:50 PM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-28-2012, 03:07 PM

We could do something where it's just not set page prizes instead? I think having less is better to be honest. So every now and then if a hostess is on they can go "In ten pages - whoever posts on page whatever will be eligible to win this" and just do it that way?

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 06:30 PM

Oh that is a good idea maria

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 11:26 PM

that's fine Maria.
do you wanna do some art, maybe?

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-29-2012, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
We could do something where it's just not set page prizes instead? I think having less is better to be honest. So every now and then if a hostess is on they can go "In ten pages - whoever posts on page whatever will be eligible to win this" and just do it that way?
I like this idea as well :'3

And do we know about when we're going to have this thread up
and going? I'd love to have it active for the Summer Camp event!!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-29-2012, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

that's fine Maria.
do you wanna do some art, maybe?
I can try to do art prizes but they would be really simple - not fullblown cgs since those take a while lol

But I will be making lines that people can color - maybe some of the npcs at summer camp or something.

and then I can do a few random page prizes where users can win art?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviouslyAya View Post
I like this idea as well :'3

And do we know about when we're going to have this thread up
and going? I'd love to have it active for the Summer Camp event!!
Summer Camp would be a great time to have this up and running :D

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-29-2012, 05:19 AM

whatever you want me to do is fine.
Vic wants to do the point game rrolled on over.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-29-2012, 04:25 PM

i have always been a fan of posting contests,
it's how i kept the first thread going because i didn't have tons of prizes to give out.
i, personally love that Aya gets to play the gride games,
but i think the points will make it 'last' longer.
i think Maria doing art is perfect.
and Vic's point shopping is awesome.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 PM

I may just roll over the points
Or bring down the points to get that over with
Which is a good idea?

Loljust seen your comment above hummy
Thank you

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-29-2012, 08:46 PM

which every you want to do, Vic.
rollover is good.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-29-2012, 09:36 PM

Alrighty hummy

Where is the trade that we were gonna post our results?

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-30-2012, 12:25 AM

So this is just some idea passing around and me blabbering to get my thoughts in order, and get opinions from y'all. Plus passing on feedback. Sorry to kill you with text. You don't have to respond right away, or to everything xD
  • I know I already asked, but just to confirm- is there an opening time that is good for you ladies, for the new thread? I would love to have it up and running for the summer camp event, June 15th. We could even open it before hand, if that works. And then maybe people could get a head start on their post counting, and I could close the raffle at the end of the Summer camp event, June 22nd?
  • Vicky, do you need any help with your avatar contests? I realize I didn't really ask about it much, or put any input in :mrmayor: If you need help with voting, just let me know! And out of curiosity, are you thinking of doing another one? Or are you thinking of carrying on the point game? I like the idea of points!
  • I do really like the 'we all pitch in and do page prizes when we want to / when it's convenient' ~ That way Maria can try something else out this time, and she isn't the only one doing the page prizes. Plus it's nice not having to keep to a schedule, since sometimes work or life gets in the way and backtracking for page prizes that have already passed can be unfun xD

We got a good amount of feedback (in the thread I created plus through PM response) and the majority of it was good!! I think we do well with rules, but some people still think they could use some clarifications.

Quote:
I think the rules page should be simplified some so it is not three pages to sift through to find what you need. Plus I think if it were simplified just a touch there would be less confusion and therefore less arguing as I noticed that happen a couple of times now.
  • I think they are speaking about the set-up of our last thread (the one we held the spring event in), with things spanning 1-3 pages. I really like how in this new set-up thread we have taken turns in posting. I think it'll work well and users will be able to stand breeze through the front page more easily.

I know we try and keep the front page uncluttered, (and I think we always do an overall awesome job considering the business of our thread) it feels to me that with every RAK thread, it gets better and better! Some people will continue to think the rules are unclear or unfair, or that they 'didn't know' - but as long as we do our best to make things green and keep our tail covered, I don't much care about the whiners.

Another thing I'd like to touch base on is;

Quote:
I do wish there was better organization and explanations for all of the contests with specific dates for when they end and that they stayed updated for when things randomly changed. (Earthday stuff still being up for end of spring fling for example)...
  • I explained to this user about how we have some trouble keeping active hostess' (aside from us four) and that we've decided to just stick to our lovely little gang! I think a lot of the non-updating and some of the unclearness steams from the coming and going of hostess' plus we do all have lives, lol. As I said, I think we improve with organization with every thread!

Maybe we can try and add in information without making promises. Like I'll say that the raffle will go until June 22th, baring any complications. And we could set tentative start / end dates for other activities, if y'all are alright with that?
  • And moving along with that, I think we should stay away from a solid theme this time. Maybe just 'happy summer' or something simple. That way we won't have to do a lot of updating for when the Summer Camp event starts.

I, personally, am very excited for the event. It'll be my first user-run event and who doesn't like a reason to be crazy active and have fun?! I might use some of the banners they have made for it- put one in my siggy or in one of my front page posts, just for fun. Blueblackrosie is working so hard on this, that sweetheart.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 11:47 AM

i'm good with everrything.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 01:07 PM

I'm so upset
I did this huge post responding to Aya
And I presses the return button like three times on my iPad >:(
Anyways here we go again

I didn't want to bother anyone for the avatar contest, because I know that everyone is busy with there own things, and rl including myself. I wanted to figure out a new method of voting, but I couldn't come up with one. I was going to vote where everyone wins, but it won't only be first though third place, like everyone wins in order like 1,2,3,4,5,6 and so on, and they will also pick their prizes in that order.

I do love doing the avatar contest but when I did them I felt like I wasn't involved with what was going on in the thread. I really love seeing everyone's creativity, and I personally love avi contest, which is why I loved to do them. I came up with the point games so that I can be more active with everyone. I felt like I was the only one not doing anything, which all of you had something going on always. I felt like this but didn't really mention anything. I don't want you all to think I take the easy was out and is being safe. I'm lazy but not 24/7 lol

I would be glad to do an avi contest, if you all want me too, but I can continue the point game as well.
I can also pass alone the contest to someone else, like hummy also did an avi contest.

I do agree that we do an awesome job setting up so that we can have less text. But then done the line I do feel like our first post get to culttered. Not to put you done hummy, but I think it's just way to much sometime in the first or second post. I think us posting one after the other will help a lot because hummy won't be forced to jam everything for us. I do think we should also pick on color theme to do our text in. Instead of teal, red, blue, purple..... We can pick two to three colors and stick to that. I just think to much didn't colors going on is just to much.

Maybe we each have our color, and we can also post in the colors the whole event, like make a summer type theme for our thread, like the colors of summer.... Like green ranger lol I don't know I love the power rangers. Don't mind this hehe

I am guilty of leaving up the earth day them up, that was honestly the last thing I was thinking of.

Hmmm maybe we don't really have to have a theme and just go with the flow of the event
Just a simple banner. I don't really know how to do banners, but less is more?

I like what Maria said about just maybe picking a page number and give out page prizes that way, because it more simple, and fair to all the loyal RAK posters.

I don't mind it expanding 1-3 pages, because I like the fact that I had some where to put up the avatar contest, and prizes up.... But maybe keep it all in the first page, and use the other pages for storage.

I can't remember what else I said but that was most of it. Don't mind the typos
Just ask me what I ment, thank you

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-30-2012, 02:36 PM

I think we all should pick a color and headline our posts that way - that way people can just look and say "Oh teal - hummy's posts! Or Oh - red! Maria's posting"

Just so they know all official RAK business is being done when I post in red - since I really only post in black XD But I can post in red when I"m like 'Arighty!! page prize time!" that way they know it's official Maria RAK talk?

I think the first post should just be a banner with RAK on it.
Then a simple message, "Welcome to RAK! This is what we do...." and maybe a table of contents to each persons activity post?

I copied my posts this time after Aya's posts....it looks really nice and organized and so I like (if you look at the front page) how it looks like hers and mine are set up the same way - that way it's easy for people to find the posts in an organized order.

IN regards to the avi contest Vicky - you don't have to do it everytime. I like your point games and if you want to do that , that's perfectly fine with me :D IF you want to come up with a mini-avvie contest - that could be cool. If you are on one day and it's slow posting - you could go, "Alrighty - avvie contest game...the winner gets points! Create me an avatar that is......butterfly themed! You have until ten pages from now to turn it in and I will quickly pick a winner to get 10 points and everyelse gets 3 points for participating!" ?