Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-14-2013, 06:06 AM

Banner by Seito

Valentine's Day is around the corner! You got a little something for your significant other, made cookies for your friends, and you even sent a sweet little card with a teddy bear on it to your mother. You've thought of everything. But wait... you've forgotten Menewsha! Or maybe your heart belongs to an NPC? Want to thank the staff for their hard work? Want to spread the Menewsha love to your friends? Bust out the construction paper and glitter (or open Photoshop, if you prefer) and make a valentine expressing your love for Menewsha or one of its most prominent citizens and I'll be sure to pass it along to its intended recipient. Not to mention, if your valentine is really great, you might just win a prize!

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 02-17-2013 at 09:31 PM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-14-2013, 06:07 AM

Rules
♥ The subject of all entries must be Menewsha the website, a Menewshan NPC, a Menewsha staff member (or group of staff members, such as all of the Event Coordinators), or the valentine must be Menewsha-themed.

♥ Entries must be your own work and must be made for this contest. If you use elements of someone else's work (such as a stock photo background, or a poem you parodied), please make note of this in the notes section of your submission with the name of the site or artist who created the work and a link to the page you found it on.

♥ If you create a physical valentine, your username must be visible in the picture. It does not need to be on the valentine itself, it may be written on a separate slip of paper. You may not edit it in with photo-editing software, it must be in the photograph.

♥ All entries must use the submission form for their category.

♥ If you would like to, you may share an image of your valentine on other sites. This is entirely optional and will not affect your chances at winning. If you do, please include a link to Menewsha.

Entries must be submitted before the end of the event. To keep up to date on the event's ending time, check the FAQ

Q&A
♥ Do my valentines have to be physical? May I create them on the computer?
Your valentines may be digital or physical, whichever you prefer. However, physical valentines generally take a bit more effort, and the entries which were the most lovingly created are much more likely to win. A digital entry has an equal shot at winning, but a lazy entry has no shot.

♥ Does the quality of the photo matter in the case of a physical entry?
Not everyone has high-quality cameras, and so I won't be miffed if you have to use a camera phone or webcam. I should be able to clearly see your valentine and all writing should be legible. Beyond that, it's again up to effort - it would be a shame for you to spend an hour on a valentine and then take a poorly-lit, orange-tinted picture of it. Do the best you can.

♥ May I submit multiple photos of my valentine?
If one photo cannot fully illustrate it (such as if it's a card that opens, or it has details that you would like to include a close-up of), yes, please do.

♥ How many times may I enter?
You may enter once per category. If you need to make an edit to an entry you have already submitted, that can be arranged. That being said, do try to make sure your entry is finished before submitting it.

♥ Am I more likely to win the staff category if I make a valentine for you?
Absolutely not. I don't do anything that the other moderators don't do. If you're thinking about making a valentine for me, you'd be best making it out to all the mods.

♥ What qualifies as a valentine?
A valentine is generally a little card with a sweet saying or poem on it. They sometimes profess romantic love, but they can also be for friends and family. You can browse some neat old examples here.

If you have a question that isn't answered, please feel free to ask!

Prizes
There will be prizes! However, what they are remains a mystery until it is time to hand them out. I will say this, though: there will be a first and second place prize for each category. At least one first place prize will be worth 5,000 gold, however it is possible that all first place prizes will be. At least one second place prize will be worth 3,000 gold. More prizes may be awarded based on how many entries are received and what they are. Be creative, put time and effort into your entry, and you stand a good chance at winning something.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 02-17-2013 at 09:30 PM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-14-2013, 06:08 AM

Menewsha
Through thick and thin, Menewsha's always been here for you, ready to listen to your every word and provide you with hours of fun. Make a valentine for your favorite website of them all!
HTML Code:
[size=3][font=garamond][color=darkred][b]I Heart Menewsha![/b][/color][/font][/size]
[b]Username:[/b] 
[b]Entry:[/b] (if you are submitting an image, please link, don't embed with img tags)
[b]Notes:[/b] (Anything you'd like to say about your entry. If you use anyone else's work in part - see rules post - please note it here)
[b]Shared:[/b] (This is optional - if you shared an image of your valentine on another site, you can link to it here!)

NPCs
It's a thrilling courtship that you and this NPC have. You approach them during the event, they offer a kind word. They even sent you a special gift once... It's time to let the NPC know how you really feel. Make them a valentine and declare your true feelings.
HTML Code:
[size=3][font=garamond][color=darkred][b]I Heart an NPC![/b][/color][/font][/size]
[b]Valentine For...:[/b] (The name of the NPC your valentine is for)
[b]Entry:[/b] (if you are submitting an image, please link, don't embed with img tags)
[b]Notes:[/b] (Anything you'd like to say about your entry. If you use anyone else's work in part - see rules post - please note it here)
[b]Shared:[/b] (This is optional - if you shared an image of your valentine on another site, you can link to it here!)

Staff
Where would you be without the staff? Inso, who works so hard to keep the site running, Wishie who pixels all your pretty clothes, the moderators who keep the forums clean and the members honest (and run fun contests! :P ) Jelly who does... well, what doesn't she do? CK who heads the creative fun for the site events? And that's only scratching the surface of our staff and all they do. Show your appreciation and make a valentine for a staff member, or a whole group of them.
HTML Code:
[size=3][font=garamond][color=darkred][b]I Heart the Staff![/b][/color][/font][/size]
[b]Entry:[/b] (if you are submitting an image, please link, don't embed with [img] tags)
[b]Valentine For...:[/b] (the staff member or staff group your valentine is for)

Menewsha-Themed
You've expressed your love to NPCs, the staff and Menewsha, but there are still so many other people in your life you want to show your love to! Here you can submit regular valentines that are Menewsha-themed. They must include something Menewsha-related and should not be made out to anyone. Think of those cartoon character-themed valentines you'd buy for your classmates in elementary school, that's what we're going for here! You may submit an individual valentine or a sheet of them (see linked example).
HTML Code:
[size=3][font=garamond][color=darkred][b]Menewsha Hearts You![/b][/color][/font][/size]
[line]darkred[/lne]

Entries must be submitted before the end of the event.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 02-17-2013 at 09:29 PM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-14-2013, 06:08 AM

Submissions

Menewsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risque View Post
I Heart Menewsha!
Username: Risque
Entry: Here So you don't have to turn your head, lolol
Notes: Guess the NPCs! Hehe. :3
Shared: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeapear
I Heart Menewsha!
Username: zeapear
Entry: Click!
Notes: Well, I used the homepage image... I hope this is okay. :/ I wanted to show my love for Mene, for being there for all of these years! ^^ This was really, rushed, sorry. :/
EDIT: Blarg! I've just realised it's not very Valentine-y, sorry. I suck at this. xD

NPCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa-pancake
I Heart an NPC!
Username: Pa-pancake
Valentine For...: The yummy Yumeh
Entry: http://i49.tinypic.com/2d7wp0.jpg
Notes: I thought this would be fitting since the theme for this year's Valentines Day is a cruise. I did some origami of Yumeh in a 'love boat'. The boat is made out of an old Chinese New Year greeting card (since the lunar new year and Valentines kind of coincides this year). Yumeh is made out of an old magazine ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunanuova View Post
I Heart an NPC!
Username: lunanuova
Valentine For...: Star Eater
Entry: Front of Card Inside of Card
Notes: I would like to confess my love for the Star Eater. As is my first and always favourite event Celes Paradi, my favourite Mene character is the Star Eater. I think he is extremely handsome!
Shared: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano View Post
I Heart an NPC!
Username: Seridano
Valentine For...:Nalin Sun
Entry: To: Nalin, From: Seri
Notes: This took forever, but I'm relatively pleased with it. It's animated, so give it a few seconds to start.
Shared: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivvy View Post
I Heart an NPC!
Username: ivvy
Valentine For...: Victoria
Entry: http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i5...ps7950b4cb.jpg
Notes: I hope I got the catagory right.
Shared:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
I Heart an NPC!
Username: Velvet
Valentine For...: Mr. Mayor <3
Entry: Ooooh, Mr. Mayor. <3
Notes: I was thinking about the attack of the Fan girls game
Shared:N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbeam View Post
I Heart an NPC!
Username: Silverbeam
Valentine For...: Nalin Sun
Entry: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...am-d3k9i9o.jpg (added watermark to help prove it is my work)
Notes: I love playing with color and light. There are tons of layers to this, many trial and error with gallery effects and layer effects. I started with the theme of, "You turn my night into day" To play of of Nalin's name and disposition. That and cheesy valentine lines are always fun!
Quote:
I Heart an NPC!
Valentine For...: Peeblo
Entry: Front Inside
Notes: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishunki View Post
I Heart an NPC!
Username: Shishunki
Valentine For...: Mr. Mayor
Entry: http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...psb1920988.jpg
Notes: The left side would be the cover, and the right side would be on the inside
Shared: n/a a.t.m.
Quote:
I Heart an NPC!
Username: spicedroses
Valentine For...: Nalin Sun
Entry:http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...psdbb92b92.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...ps2bc58386.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...ps6468c0a6.jpg
Notes: Nope this entire piece was made by me...well whiskers on kitten line wasn't ..
Shared: (This is optional - if you shared an image of your valentine on another site, you can link to it here!)

Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress
I Heart the Staff!
Username: Liztress
Entry:http://i.imgur.com/cl0HWZm.jpg
Valentine For...: Seito
Notes: I'm just a faithful minion. =3 Who wanted to share her love. <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Magenta
I Heart the Staff!
Username: KatMagenta
Entry: http://i48.tinypic.com/15s0hon.jpg
Valentine For...: JellySundae
Notes: I just can't resist table flipping. Thanks to Jelly for all her hard work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risque
I Heart the Staff!
Entry: http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps9c53d83f.jpg
Valentine For...: Jellysundae
Notes: I love the rest of the staff too, but no other puns related to staff come to my head as easily. xD

Also, I realized that my yan head entry didn't have a timestamp on it, so I went ahead and took another pic here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertdesiert
I Heart the Staff!
Username: Dessertdesiert
Entry:http://i50.tinypic.com/jrfwhd.jpg
Valentine For...: Knerd
Notes: I am a poor college student, I can't afford nice pretty things, and just making something out of pixels didn't seem like it was enough. I really do appreciate everything you do <3
Shared: -

Menewsha-Themed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_mew
Menewsha Hearts You!
Username: sushi_mew
Entry: one sheet!
Notes: Li Mei's card is a pick up line I heard from a Youtube video (@2:00). The felt one after that is reallt great too
Shared: posted them up on my "art" tumblr, mainly to host the images since i didn't know if photobucket would compress T:
but you know that because menewsha reblOGGED IT <33 My sheet is posted right after that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa-pancake View Post
Menewsha Hearts You!
Entry: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Notes: Pan used all the NPCs... hope it works ^^"
Quote:
Menewsha Hearts You!
Entry: What's this, an envelope?
Back of envelope
Zomg! What's inside?!
A line that's sure to win over the hearts of many
Notes: BEWBS! \o/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Menewsha Hearts You!
Username: Velvet
Entry:Nice Hinnie | You're like a litterbox | Hold My Skull | All together | All together 2
Notes: Just thought about the personalities of the NPC's used in the pictures. 8D
Shared: Not shared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m i r o
Menewsha Hearts You!
Username: miro
Entry: http://i48.tinypic.com/sfgowg.png
Notes: Sushi helped me figure out this idea
Shared: Over the Horizon
That's where I posted it in its beginning stages

I hope this fits xD

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 04-07-2013 at 02:59 AM..

spicedroses
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 02:57 AM

this sounds like fun. i love to create things

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 03:28 AM

Woo! This looks interesting and fun. Going to give it a try soon. :3

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-15-2013, 04:48 AM

Super neat idea. I can't wait to finally announce my love for certain NPCs.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 05:00 AM

Hmm, I wonder if I can think of something for this. > w>

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-15-2013, 05:07 AM

Kent, I thought you made some really good V-day cards featuring Menewsha NPCs before?

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
Your valentines may be digital or physical, whichever you prefer. However, physical valentines generally take a bit more effort, and the entries which were the most lovingly created are much more likely to win. A digital entry has an equal shot at winning, but a lazy entry has no shot.
Yes, I did. X3 But, the words above just scare. I mean, I did put some effort in those Valentines, but I don't know if that'd be enough for this. XD I want to draw something, though... I might go traditional.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-15-2013, 05:22 AM

lol You guys always think of the most creative things. It's a lot of fun! :)

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-15-2013, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Yes, I did. X3 But, the words above just scare. I mean, I did put some effort in those Valentines, but I don't know if that'd be enough for this. XD I want to draw something, though... I might go traditional.
Haha, I know right? My heart sunk a little when I read that part.

My problem is that what takes me hours to do takes other people mere minutes. XP

I really liked your cards, btw, which is why I still remember them, haha.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 05:29 AM

lol I think I have the same problem. I'm a perfectionist, so I won't submit something unless it looks perfectly right to me. XD

Aw, thanks. >//w//< I had fun making them~

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-15-2013, 05:31 AM

I don't think you should be worried about having your work seem lazy then. I look forward to seeing your entries.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 06:43 AM

Aww how cute!
Hmm ...

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-15-2013, 06:48 AM

Don't overthink the definition of lazy, guys. I'm not expecting you to spend days on this. I just don't want anything someone spent five minutes on in MS Paint, you know? If you put any thought and effort into it at all, you'll be fine. If you have a white background, a pink spray paint tool border, and a poem you barely edited to have "Mr. Mayor" in it in the default font, I'd call that lazy. Otherwise, you are good.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 06:58 AM

I think i might bake my valentine lol.

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 02-15-2013, 07:05 AM

Oh wowie! pan is excited to get her creative juices flowing :) something I will be entering for sure!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-15-2013, 07:09 AM

That sounds neat, Roachi!

I look forward to your entry, Pancake!

Also, here's an example I made for you guys regarding what I would consider "lazy"

Sloppy, without any effort or thought whatsoever, took less than three minutes. As long as you legitimately try and I can see that, I will appreciate it. I'm not looking for perfection, just effort.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-15-2013, 07:17 AM

this one will take some pondering!

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-15-2013, 07:19 AM

Not cool, Cherry took my idea.

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 PM

Aw I love this contest! :) I'll definitely be entering

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 02-15-2013, 02:42 PM

Oh, I want to send Valentine cards to Mene! *goes to get busy* Oh yeah~

---------- Post added 02-15-2013 at 10:10 AM ----------

I Heart the Staff!
Username: Liztress
Entry:http://i.imgur.com/cl0HWZm.jpg
Valentine For...: Seito
Notes: I'm just a faithful minion. =3 Who wanted to share her love. <3
Shared: (This is optional - if you shared an image of your valentine on another site, you can link to it here!)

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 02-15-2013, 04:45 PM

I Heart an NPC!
Valentine For...: The yummy Yumeh
Entry: http://i49.tinypic.com/2d7wp0.jpg
Notes: I thought this would be fitting since the theme for this year's Valentines Day is a cruise. I did some origami of Yumeh in a 'love boat'. The boat is made out of an old Chinese New Year greeting card (since the lunar new year and Valentines kind of coincides this year). Yumeh is made out of an old magazine ^^

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-15-2013, 08:12 PM

Thanks for the entries! I'm excited that you guys are submitting some already. Can't wait to see everyone else's!