Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-13-2015, 06:23 AM

January 13th 2015:My favorite movie.

I'm the same with movies as I am with Music. I like a lot of different ones in a lot of different genres. However as a girl I was obsessed with a movie Called Legend. Tim Curry as a sexy devil? YUP! XD I made a few different avatars inspired by that movie too. One the good Lili and the bad version.

Mene News:

* Just another day of gold grind so far. :) but things could change!
* I did some maintenance stuff in my quest and Game thread. :D
* I'm stalking someones shop...they have commons. I gunna start pouncing on them shortly from my alt.

RL News:

* Back to the day job, then hurry home to do more art.
* I just got TWO more commissions sent to me! I'm already at 3 for this year! I'm so thrilled. Two of which repeat customers.
* A long time friend just confessed love to me... umm whoa! XD I don't even know what to think about this. Was our whole friendship just an effort to get into my pants or was it a gradual thing that he fell for me? My Art is just coming together, My daughter is excelling in School and I already have a man in my life. Then BOOM. yeah I still don't even...

Last edited by Nephila; 01-14-2015 at 04:59 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-14-2015, 02:11 PM

January 14th 2015:My Dream Job

My dream job would be doing only my art instead of the half art half day job I do currently. I'm half way there and really happy with my progression so far. I don't think I'll ever be rich from it but I'm really happy when I get a commission. :D

RL News:

* Yogurt for breakfast 100, Bunch of water 0, BLT hollowed out sub and small drink for lunch 380, 110 Reeces snack, And for dinner 360 eggs and toast.
* Long shift today no clue what I'm doing later...lol I lie. ART and WoW. Such excitement!

Mene News:

* The RAK Shrubbie donated me 4888 to get the rest of Bag borrow or steal!9/28 shops bought!
* Bought page 6 of the runway on my alt! I start a new mini quest tomorrow. :D 3133g in all

I've noticed a lot of people putting this in their threads so I thought I'd do that same. It'll make it much easier to update. :)

Last edited by Nephila; 01-15-2015 at 12:10 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 09:12 AM

January 15th 2015:I wish I could

I wish I could save money in real life like I do on Menewsha. Stuff happens not in my control and My daughter is expensive. I like to enjoy myself with friends by dressing up which is expensive as well. XD
I also wish I could afford my own home without having to be with someone to pay for bills. I feel like it would be the only option to get a home these days unless I hit a lotto. Which is kinda Bullshit let's face it. We pay enough in taxes for everyone to be housed and given FREE educations but our government would rather pay for wars to fund their friends oil empires.

RL News:

* Yesterday I walked home during a crazy snow storm. So I went to sleep last night at 7:30 exhausted. Now I'm up at 3:30 in the morning. Might as well get up and start the day. XD
* Short shift today 10-3 Coffee will be needed. Given the time I woke up at.
* yogurt and peanut butter toast for breakfast 280, Liverwurst on crackers for lunch 210, Chicken pasta 290, 120 Coffee,

Mene News:

* I started adding the next page of the runway up. About 16K I only need 14L of it though because I had already bought some of them to complete looks. :D

Last edited by Nephila; 01-15-2015 at 09:46 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-16-2015, 09:33 PM

January 16th 2015: My Favorite place

My room is my favorite place. I'm almost always there. It has my blankets and comp and TV and stationary bike. Even though I think it's the ugliest thing ever. My closet lost it's doors the carpet NEVER looks clean and the paint is a boring eggshell color. >.< blah! I want to re do it and my daughters room but I'm not sure how.

RL News:

* More awesome commission news! One portrait I'm working on just decided they wanted a whole family portrait done... MONEYYYY!
*Yogurt for breakfast 100, muffin for lunch 230, Pizza sub for dinner 350, Not sure what I'll snack on tonight. maybe half an avocado or other veggie.

Mene News:

* I made a new avatar. :D I'm going to post her up at the front soon.
* The alt is...busy. Huhuhuhuhuhuuuu *evil laugh*
* One of my MP items sold :D I hit 100K! Just 50k to go for my goal! :D

Last edited by Nephila; 01-17-2015 at 03:24 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-17-2015, 06:39 PM

January 17th 2015: The weather today

Snow lots of it. It's like it's making up for being to mild and warm last week. Oh well I wasn't really planing on going anywhere today anyway. XD Although I do have to go out for some groceries, nothing to major though. Makes me wonder why people settled here in the first place. XD

RL News:

Mene News:

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-19-2015, 12:37 AM

January 18th 2015: Pets

I've had few pets in my day. One was my childhood pet "Sundance" he was a Shetland sheepdog. A very loyal and loving animal. My sister and I always had fun playing with him in the yard and going to explore local trails. We also had a fish tank with tetras, Mollies, two angel fish and a big Placo named Beethoven.

Our current pet is a tabby cat named by my little sister. Pika is an old girl but a sweetie. :)

RL News:

* We baked eggy muffins for a family get together.

Mene News:

* Bought a bunch of commons off the MP. :D back down to 98K >.<

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-19-2015, 09:05 PM

January 19th 2015: Something new

The timing for this one is kinda funny. I mean we *JUST* got the newest CI.. coincidence? NO dream stealing aliens! XD Other than that not much new is going on.

I got a lot of my 80s outfit planed. I just need to paint my sneakers. It's going to be an awesome fun night. :D It's still a month away but I'm SO excited for it. XD It's pretty nice out today. Went for a walk. It's warm enough where the snow isn't melting but it isn't frigid.

I'll be posting my avatar when I upload it later. :D

RL News:

* No BF and NO day job. Time for art and a me day. :D
* My cousin is having her wedding social on March 14th. No that long from now. It'll be great to see everyone. :)

Mene News:

* I sold o few of the new CI's and MI's. I really like this one. Sparkly stuff always wins. :D
* I Changed my avatar too using the new items. :)

Last edited by Nephila; 01-21-2015 at 11:34 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-20-2015, 02:11 PM

January 20th 2015:Last book I read

It's been a long time since I've read a book. I mostly just read online or the news papers. Comics too. I'd rather be doing something creative than reading something someone else has done.

I finished a picture of my Goblin Rogue from WoW. My bf and I agreed to only play it for the first 3 months after it's out. After leveling to 100 on a few characters I'm burnt out and it's not free to play. I much rather be working on art at this point than playing.

RL News:

* Gotta go to the day job today, not a long shift though so I should be able to get some artwork done when I get home.
* 130 coffee for breakfast, veggie sub lunch 250, Nachos 450, pop 250

Mene News:

* Changed my Avatar again. :D Loving this item. <3

Last edited by Nephila; 01-21-2015 at 11:33 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-21-2015, 01:48 PM

January 21st 2015: My middle name

My middle name is Marie.

That's the short version I had time to write this morning. My mother, and Grandmother's middle name is also Marie. And my Daughter Lilith as well. It started with my great grandmother's name. We see it to a solution to "men have the last name" I suppose we're strange that way. XD

RL News:

*egg and toast for breakfast 240, Lunch 390 Club sub, Dinner 600 rice and chicken, Cookie 250, Coke 300, - 1780 tsk tsk naughty cookie and pop monster
* Long shift today I hope to get some more art done when I get home.

Mene News:

* I hit 1000 on my alt

Last edited by Nephila; 01-21-2015 at 11:20 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-22-2015, 11:45 PM

January 22nd 2015: The Zodiac

Well I've spoken about the zodiac in general a lot already. I wonder what My mene zodiac is. *ponders* I tried looking it up in the Info section but I can't sem to find any info on them any more. O.o how odd.

Maybe I'll ask around about it.

RL News:

* Veggie omelet 210 , Lunch Chocolate milk 340, Nachoes 390,- so far 940
* feeling weird today, not sure in what way but something is up.

Mene News:

* Working on some new siggy art for my game thread. :D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-23-2015, 10:30 PM

January 23rd 2015: Tattoos

I've considered getting a few off and on since I was 16. I always change the design though. Given this I think it would be a bad idea. I don't want to get something then want to change it. XD
Also it would be easy for me to find a really good artist because I know a few great Tattoo Artist's in my city. :D

RL News:

* Breakfast choco meal replacement 250 I was running behind, Club sub 340, not sure about dinner yet I think it's time for a nap though. XD

Mene News:

* I just noticed my new avatar was on the front page today. :D yay!
* I found some nice cheap commons on the mp again. XD 4 of em' I like saving money on my overall quest.

Last edited by Nephila; 01-24-2015 at 03:14 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-24-2015, 07:15 AM

January 24th 2015: My Best Avatar

Pfft I don't really know. I've made so many and they're kinda hard to judge between which ones are better. I've had a few Admin's Pick's but to be honest I've never really liked those ones as much as some of the others I've done.

RL News:

* It's a bf day, so not much of anything will be done today. Maybe some random bargain hunting though. :D
* Breakfast coffee 60, and a late large dinner out somewhere. Probably Boston Pizza because I got a gift card for it.

Mene News:

*None for now. Busy with the bf today.

Last edited by Nephila; 01-25-2015 at 11:13 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-25-2015, 07:32 PM

January 25th 2015: My Last Argument

Hmm I can't really remember my last argument. I don't hold grudges and often don't care enough for the person to disagree with their stupidity. I only correct people if I think they can benefit because I guess I'm old enough to know opinions are just that.
I don't mind debating things if I know the person well enough and they know me well enough to know that we're debating and not arguing.

RL News:

* It's another bf day, yay more nothing. Though I did get a bit of art done last night while he was here.
* Not really feeling like eating today but we'll see. The bf makes me eat things when I feel like this. -.-

Mene News:

*2000/14750ish on my alt for the last page of The Runway!
*If I have the chance to play more games I'll be at 120K again. :D
*None for now. Busy with the bf today.

Last edited by Nephila; 01-25-2015 at 11:14 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-26-2015, 09:08 AM

January 26th 2015: Last night I dreamed

I haven't went to bed yet. Soon though. I'll get back to you on that.

So I went to bed and nothing! Just blackness. That is actually very rare for me. I'm a very vivid dreamer. I remember my dreams easily. Maybe it's because of the break up.

RL News:

* Well I don't have to worry about a bf taking me away from mene for a while. :D Yup single.
* Invited to a V-day thing...like two days after I broke up with someone. I'm thinking about it but also thinking I just want to go solo. I just can't believe it's only been 2 days and I'm already getting hit up by my friends list. Shit men let the flame cool. Your friendly should is SO obviously your horny dick. GTFO!

Mene News:

* It's an art day today so we'll see what happens. I might finalize the siggy I was working on.

Last edited by Nephila; 01-26-2015 at 07:06 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-27-2015, 04:18 PM

January 27th 2015: My Favorite Season

I would have to say it's fall. It has Halloween in it. And lovely colors and it's not to hot or cold. I also like the layered styles people wear during it. I like being covered up a vast majority of the times.

RL News:

* I re-instaled Guild Wars 2 today. XD I wanted to play around with the fun character creator.
* Breakfast Coffee 160, chocolate 50, 290 noodles

Mene News:

* I made a new avatar last night. :D It evolved a few times. I like it but I don't know if I like it enough to send to the"Strut your stuff" thread yet.

Last edited by Nephila; 01-27-2015 at 11:17 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-29-2015, 02:55 AM

January 28th 2015:Where I want to travel

There's SO many places in this world. I'd love to see them. I want to explore ruins and jungles and be free. To bad a life time isn't enough. India, Egypt, Australia, Japan, Ireland and hidden places unknown.

I really like idea of going places I'm not suppose to be in. Like ancient hidden caves in underwater locations. I want to be an explorer.

RL News:

* Yogurt + coffee for breakfast 240, Lunch 355, snacks 90, Dinner 260,
* It was really icy today. I slipped and fell on my way to work, but I made it there on time anyway.
* I forgot you had to pay for character slots in Guild wars. I didn't want to kill any of my old characters either. So it will be left and forgotten again.

Mene News:

* It's time to re-list my item! XD

Last edited by Nephila; 01-29-2015 at 09:42 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-29-2015, 10:25 PM

January 29th 2015:My family

I've been gifted with the most loving and wonderful family. My mother has been an inspiration to my creativity since I was a child. My happiest memories include craft times with "shrinky dinks", stickers and buttons. She was always there with us to help make the mess. Not to mention the magic box of "costumes" she'd collected from the 70s. Dressing up and goofing off was and remains something we enjoy doing together. To be secure in myself and still take on different roles with each costume.

My father is a hard working man that helped his daughters into the new age by letting us know it's ok to help daddy with the car. His strength and dedication to our family and love for my mom set the bar SUPER high for anyone wanting to date us girls. Perhaps to high?

My sister, younger partner in crime and expert in all things awesome. From a young age we were always seen together around the various neighborhoods we grew up in. It was never a chore to take her with me In fact I can remember choosing friends based on who had younger siblings for her to play with. We Explored our neighbor hood parks and collected toys together. We still collect "toys",but now it's bars and Comic conventions we explore. XD

RL News:

* Yogurt + coffee for breakfast 210, 250ml Chocolate Milk 170, butter Chicken 480, peanut butter ice cream 320...bad bad Nephy.
* With challenging myself more with art and taking more commissions I keep finding myself amazed at people. After the completion of my most recent creation I was handed the money and an envelope. Inside was more money and a lovely note about not charging enough. T.T All tha feels.
* My boss told me to join a dating site *shudders* Ewww! but we had a good laugh about it.

Mene News:

* I starting to get excited for the next event. :D Eee!!! *jumps around*

Last edited by Nephila; 01-30-2015 at 05:46 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-30-2015, 05:56 AM

January 30th 2015: My Favorite Mene Memory

I don't have a favorite mene memory. All are equal and with value. I have fun here. Hmm perhaps then my favorite Mene Memory isn't so much a Mene Memory but a Gaian Memory. The day I finally clicked that link. I had seen Mene linked before but I wasn't as disillusioned with Gaia until the day I clicked it.

Going from bumping lurker to active member of a community is enlightening.

RL News:

* Yogurt + coffee for breakfast 210, soup and 1/4 sub 350, hmm but what should I have for dinner. I know I'll be having pop but I'm not really sure what else.
* I have a huge headache right now. >.<
* I had three little eggy muffins for dinner. :D

Mene News:

* Time to re list item again. XD Darn flower thing. XD
* I was sent a lovely new "Thank you for filling out the survey item" Golden Glow" is lovely and thank you.

Last edited by Nephila; 01-31-2015 at 05:03 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-31-2015, 05:07 PM

January 31st 2015: The best part of my Life

My daughter. :) I'm so proud of her an her high achievements. She just started a new course today. It's about Geology and it's taking place in the U of M. Yes Lilith is in university. :D

RL News:

* I talked with my ex today...it was awkward as fuck. XD
* I've been listening to Manson's newest CD non stop for 2 days...yeah it's a problem.

Mene News:

* I added my avatar to the "strut your stuff" contest. :D
* New CI out soon! :D sweeet. :D
* I finally got all the items sorted into my inventory.

Last edited by Nephila; 01-31-2015 at 10:17 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-01-2015, 07:36 PM

February 1st 2015: Chocolate or Love

Chocolate. :D Dark chocolate coffee beans! nom nom nom! I'm on a love fast. and a food fast. XD

Lilith had a fantastic time at her new Class. She found a few girls with similar interests as her and in a funny coincidence her teacher lives about a block away. It's so wonderful to see her come home energized with new friends. My heart feels bigger whenever I look at her and see her coming into her own before my eyes.

RL News:

* One of the WoW groups I'm in has posted V-day challenge. Looks like fun. :)
* I think today will be a water/fast day. Time for meditation and music.

Mene News:

* New CI out soon! :D sweeet. :D
* New month = new monthly chart

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-02-2015, 09:31 PM

February 2nd 2015: Exercise

I've been adding more stretches into my routine. This year I had the sudden urge to do the splits again. It's slow going with my knee but I'm getting there. Have encouraging people instructing you. Youtube has a lot of great yoga instructors. I like the liberty of not being in a studio.

Spring is around the corner. It'll be so nice to go for walks and not be frozen again. XD

RL News:

* Working on 3 sketches for three contests/challenges. XD I'm hoping they're done before the V-day event.

Mene News:

* New CI out today. :D It's really cute. Made a few new avatars with it.
* Alt Tracker 4000/14something!

Last edited by Nephila; 02-03-2015 at 09:57 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-03-2015, 10:19 PM

February 3rd 2015: Breakfast

I have always had a love hate with breakfast. I'm not a morning person so the last thing I EVER want to do in the morning is make myself something to eat. Normally I'll barely have enough time for coffee. When I do have time it's just an egg and slice of rye toast. The huge traditional "English Breakfast" is more of a dinner or night out drink food in Canada.
However when I'm doing good for myself I like to pre-make eggy muffins /breadless quiche. I also set out about four cups of water in a huge class the night before. I pound that back as part of my morning routine so I'm not really hungry. XD

RL News:

* Still working on 3 sketches for three contests/challenges. XD I'm still hoping they're done before the V-day event.
* Coffee 60 breakfast, Lunch Cheese bun + pop 420, Dinner ...not sure yet, I ended up having liverwurst on crackers 250. And A Microwave cake...not sure about cals.

Mene News:

* I made a different version of the first avatar I made. Baaa! XD

Last edited by Nephila; 02-04-2015 at 01:10 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-05-2015, 01:57 AM

February 4th 2015: Favorite Mythical Creature

Would have to be either Mermaids or dragons or some combination of both. When I was little I wanted to be a mermaid when I grew up and marry a dragon. XD Yup. XD

RL News:

* Still working on 3 sketches for three contests/challenges. XD I'm still hoping they're done before the V-day event. With the sign ups up now it's pushing the "deadline"
* Coffee 160 breakfast, Lunch RB sub 460, Pizza 480, pop 170 so far at 1270...water and tea for the rest of the night. XD

Mene News:

* Ooo new event game sign up today! :D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-05-2015, 11:52 PM

February 5th 2015: If I was a Super Hero

I'd be a horrible Super Hero. I'd love to have a super metabolism though. XD So I could eat lots and be a piggy. I'd also like to have dream related power. The power to rarely sleep or not sleep at all but still dream. I don't know if that makes sense. XD Also I'd like to be blue. XD

RL News:

* Still working on 3 sketches for three contests/challenges. XD I'm still hoping they're done before the V-day event. With the sign ups up now it's pushing the "deadline" 1/3 done. :D
* Coffee 60 breakfast, Lunch egg-salad sub 460, Dinner I had a late lunch so I'm not really hungry. I'm kinda sleepy but I want to do more art tonight. >.<
* Broke my glasses today. FML! XD Good thing I have contacts.

Mene News:

* I was sent a Chaos Scepter for my entry into Decattly's Art contest. Not to shabby for a "just for entering" prize. :D I can see them getting lots of participants. :D I wish I could see all the entries so far.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-06-2015, 10:15 PM

February 6th 2015: This weeks episode...

I've been re-watching Farscape. The corny character development is fun and I love the character design of all the races. Especially the scarrans. I need to make the time to build their armor. It looks SO awesome. I'm already working on a Zaan Cosplay for it though. She's the blue spiritual plant alien on the bottom.

RL News:

* Ahh Glasses are fixed. :D I can see again.
* Coffee 160, Lunch none >.<, dinner ribs and rice nom nom nom 560, pop 170,
* More art for the night. :D

Mene News:

* I'm hoping to finish my Entry for Immy's 20k Gold Contest tonight. Or at least get the final sketch down and inked/comp fixed. :)
* Alt Tracker: 5000/14750ish go baby go!