Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 11-07-2016, 10:18 PM

This is a private 1x1 between myself and Kat Dakuu
Feel free to read along, but please, do not post unless you are one of us.

Warnings: yaoi (mxm); possible mentions of noncon/dubcon (will be skipped/taken off-site if Kat is willing); cross-dressing; possible abuse (verbal/emotional/physical); language...

This story is loosely based off of Beauty and the Beast, with some (very) obvious changes. Neither myself nor Kat Dakuu owns the original story.

Last edited by Rhys Luna Emweise; 11-07-2016 at 10:57 PM..

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 11-07-2016, 10:58 PM

Beau "Belle" DeLurin

It was late in the day, travellers trying to get home before darkness set. Nobody wanted to get stuck in these woods in the dark. Aside from wolves, and other vicious nighttime predators, there were rumors of a beast, larger than any man, which lived in the deepest parts of the woods... Which is where one young couple happened to find themselves as the sun was beginning to set.

"Maurice, dear, I believe we're lost..." Said Giselle to her husband, as she tried to read their map in the growing twilit gloom.

Maurice, for his part, had the sense to admit when his wife was correct. "I believe you may be right..." He said, stopping the horses pulling their wagon, getting them to turn around. "I knew we should have gone left at the last turn..."

They retraced their route, though it wasn't right, either, leading them instead to what they believed to be an old abandonned castle, with overgrown yet beautiful gardens. "Oh, Maurice! Look at the beautiful roses! We should pick some- the townsfolk will pay well for such beautiful flowers..."

Slowing the wagon, Maurice climbed down first, reaching back up to help his wife down so they could cut some roses. As they were just finishing filling several buckets of the deep red flowers, there was a rustling and a crack behind them- louder than any normal creature could have made.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-08-2016, 02:13 AM

Vadim Marković

Large paws pounded against the earth as Vadim ran. Almost no moon lit the sky, but he could see perfectly with his large predatory eyes. Only a large, thick coat thrown over his shoulders, a golden cord tying it on and the sleeves billowing out behind him suggested any ties to humanity. This thing that Vadim had become looked like nothing but a lowly beast. His long ears that tilted back from his head a little like a cat or a fox twitched, catching a sound that didn't belong to the woods. Wheel's crunched over the gravel path, horse stamps a symphony of noise to his quiet solitude.

Just like that day many months ago that turned him into a beast, he felt his rage flash through him again. The fangs in his jaw clenched together. If nothing else, that day taught him to hate this thing that was humanity. Spinning around, he took off through his gardens to the long rose lined path that led up to his castle. Who would dare come down this road? Would they stay? He might let them, just to hide his face, but better yet...he could take chase. Lack of charity got him into this situation, but bitterness sat heavy in him. No one existed to talk to him and cure it. Only his wretched reflection in the mirror existed.

With that mix of conflicting emotions, he found the wagon. It stood abandoned at first glance, though the horses whinied and stamped their feet with large white eyes as he neared. The second he moved closer though, his rage took the forefront. Rosebuds lay broken around the path, petals crushed and forgotten. The rest though, the rest lay in buckets with human hands ripping them off of his bushes. Didn't they know his mother planted them so many years ago and for miles, people would come to admire them. Didn't they know he used to dance under these roses with his hair bouncing with each move? But she was gone now and there were just the roses left.

With a roar, Vadim crashed through the bushes and into the opening in front of the human couple. He through back his head with his fiercest roar, claws bared in front of him before growling to the humans. "These roses!" He crashed a bucket over with his great forepaw masked in coarse dark brown hair. "Was it not enough to pass by my road in peace? How dare you take what is mine!?"

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 11-18-2016 at 01:49 AM..

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 11-08-2016, 02:22 AM

Giselle screamed upon seeing the beast rushing towards them, and Maurice spun about, pulling her behind him in a futile attempt to protect her. It would take only a swipe of this creatures paws to shred them to pieces.

"I-We apologize... We did not know they belonged to anyone, we thought the manor to be deserted!" Maurice replied, voice an octave or two higher than usual due to his fear. His knees shook, and he was likely only moments away from wetting himself in fear, but he stood his ground between the beast and his wife "W-we meant no disrespect, sir, I swear!"

Giselle nodded, cowering behind her husband. "We only stopped to pick them to sell in town, to help us provide for our daughter..." She added, voice soft, trying not to enrage the creature more.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-08-2016, 11:55 PM

Vadim continued to growl low in his throat as the humans made their stupid excuses. Yet, a part of him hated that he brought so much fear. He thrived on and cringed at that look in their eyes at the same time. To think that once he was considered beautiful. Reaching down, he grasped one of the roses in his too large paw, seeming to try to cradle it, but half crushing it instead. "No disrespect," he scoffed, not believing them. "Filthy humans!" However, something they said interested them. Vadim stepped closer, his body hunched forward in a low crouch that almost brought his face to the human woman's level.

"You have a daughter...?" Even before he realized the significance of his words himself, he was already spinning a plan. It was just, so lonely at the manor and it only seemed far. He lifted the crushed flower so that all could see it, twisted thorny step and a bud dripping blood red petals. "I might let you live if you give her to me." His flower for theirs. It was brilliant. To think he never considered this before. If he couldn't get anyone to love him as he was now, then he would just have to force it. Otherwise, he would remain alone forever.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 11-09-2016, 12:03 AM

Giselle's eyes widened in fear at the idea of giving their beautiful child to this monster. Maurice, on the other hand, agreed quickly. "Anything you wish! I bid you come to our home one day soon to meet her. She is a beautiful young thing..." He said, more concerned for his own life than that of his wife or daughter, it seemed. Though secretly, he planned upon running far away before the beast had a chance to find their home, or his child.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-09-2016, 01:20 AM

Vadim didn't expect them to agree so quickly. Pathetic really. To think they would give up their own daughter so easily. What kind of mother would do that? A stab of pain went through him. His own mother, she would fight for him, did fight for him. She died for him. Grinding his teeth together, he grinned at the human couple. "Very well, I will come visit you in five days time," he chuckled. But he sensed ill intent in the human man. Fear smelled and so did the agitation and anxiety that came with shady plans. He certainly didn't want to be played because no one played a beast. Lunging forward, he bared his claws. "But I must make sure you keep your word!" Blood gushed from his claws, tearing deep rips into flesh. He pulled back and the horse reared, streaming blood from its flanks. Now, no matter where they ran, he could follow them. The blood would lead him right to their door and beyond. Really, he felt quite happy with himself.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 11-09-2016, 01:39 AM

Giselle and Maurice both cowered away when Vadim lunged forward, claws extended. Maurice cursed softly, both at his plans being foiled and at such unnecessary injury to an innocent creature. At first glance the marks looked deep, almost bad enough that he thought they may have to put the mare down. He'd check them better when they got home, though.

"O-of course..." He said, ushering his wife back into the cart, and quickly loaded up the buckets of roses before jumping into the driver's seat. "We shall await your arrival..." He said, nervous sweat rolling down his face, neck, and body. There was no way now that they could run, with the horse injured so... But perhaps... No. Such thoughts would only bring more disaster upon their family.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-09-2016, 06:27 PM

Feeling satisfied with his efforts, Vadim watched the couple scurry away, still breathing heavily from his sudden attack. Rage and adrenaline made a potent mix in his blood. A part of him almost decided to finish them off anyway when they took the roses with them. But, he'd become curious. He might be able to take their daughter for himself regardless, but it would work better if the parents consented. He didn't want to have to kill the girl as well. "See that you do."

As they vanished down the long rose lined path as fast as their injured horse could go though, he found that rage and adrenaline vanishing with the noise. Instead, just deep bitterness remained. Because unlike them, he could never leave this manor with his body cursed like this. And even more than that, memories kept him bound. Spinning, he ran for the massive front doors and crashed through them, all the way up to his room on the upper west wing where he threw himself to the plush rug and howled.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 11-10-2016, 01:38 AM

The days had passed, both Giselle and Maurice nervous and fearful. What would the Beast from the woods do when he arrived? Would he take their beautiful, beloved daughter away from them? Would they survive to see another day?

Giselle had mentioned to Belle that they were to have a visitor, the day before Vadim was set to arrive, and that she must be on her absolute best behaviour. Belle herself was excited, for she knew nothing of this mystery visitor, nor much about her parents' night lost in the woods, except they'd been attacked by a large wolf, resulting in the horse having to be put down. They may have been able to save her, had they not pushed her past her limits while injured, trying to grt home as fast as possible.

Now it was the day Vadim was due to visit, and Belle did little more than sit by the front window, waiting impatiently for him to arrive, in between doing the few things her mother asked of her in order to get their home ready for guests.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-12-2016, 10:41 PM

Vadim paced through the foyer, his paws laving faint scratching noises against the marble floor. The time until midnight counted down in his head, echoed by each click of the clock hands across the hall from him. With ears as large as his, he could hear the tick-tock of each clock all through the house. This close to the hour, they seemed to taunt him. At midnight, all his pain would come to an end for at least a short while, his horrid curse lifted. At midnight, he got one day to be human.

The great clock struck. Vadim shivered, his eyes slipping closed unbidden. Just with the first chime, he already felt his body shifting. His hunched back popped, reeling him backwards and downward at the same time to a smaller height, his frame strong but surprisingly young looking next to the grizzled grey and dark brown fur of the beast. His hair was dark like the beast’s fur, but his eyes were bright and blue in color. The only thing that marked a similarity between them was the severity of his gaze as the maroon coat still hung around his shoulders by a cord. Keeping that as recognition for who he was, he dressed in his finest clothes and burst out the front door almost before the clock finished its twelve chimes. The stables stood to the left side of the manor, overgrown by vines with no servants to keep it clean. Vadim took care of his few horses himself and now threw the saddle over his fastest and took off.

It had already been days since the couple stole his roses, but he’d followed the scent of blood and heavy horse tracks in the dirt, caused by the creature’s limp. In the darkness where no one could see him, he watched over the house and the tiny figure he could see through a curtained window. What awaited him? He dared no show himself before, but in this form, he could walk in the daylight without worry. Finally, he could see what lay beyond the window curtain.

Morning light already lit the road well by the time he made it out of the woods. From there, it was a straight shot. Before long, he found himself at the home of the human couple and their daughter. He went to the door, fixing his clothes with what could almost be described as nervousness, then knocked, his back rigidly straight.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 11-12-2016, 11:11 PM

Belle had been up for hours, having to help her parents with the chores. While it was late morning already, she was only just finishing up the breakfast dishes. She heard the knock upon the door, and wiped her hands upon the fresh pressed apron she wore over her pale blue dress, rushing towards the door, calling out to her mama that she would get it, her being busy with some mending, and her father at the market.

Upon opening the door, she gasped softly, surprised to find someone of obvious nobility at the door. "Ah, good morning, sir... Could I help you with something?" She asked, giving a short curtsey as her mama had taught her it was polite to do when greeting such company. She knew nothing of what had really happened five days prior, nor had her parents told her much of the company they were to expect, or that the two were connected.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-14-2016, 03:00 AM

Vadim startled slightly as the door flung open. A girl greeted him, her blonde hair sparkling in the rays of sunlight. For a second, he felt that he was actually young, something his recent life made it easy to forget. She looked far younger though. Was this the daughter he'd been promised? He didn't even know what to do with this thing. Clearing his throat, he managed to speak after a minute of silence.

"Good morning, miss. I am Vadim Marković. And what would your name be? Your parents have invited me over for lunch so that i might meet you," he managed in a tone to match his upbringing, though the half feral grin he flashed at the end was his own little secret. Invited. It was such a funny word for this and it made him smile, but he didn't want to blunder and flashed it away in an instant. This girl was much more beautiful than he expected.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 11-14-2016, 10:34 AM

Flushing slightly, Belle smiled backm. She might be young, but she knew beauty then she saw it... And oh, was Vadim handsome. "My name is Belle DeLurin." She said, stepping aside to let Vadim enter just as her mother came down the hallway to see who was there.

Momentarily, Giselle was puzzled by thhe good looking young man chatting with her child, until she recognized the jacket hung loose over his shoulders, and that grin he'd flashed at the end. Her eyes widened slightly, but she hid her nervousness. "Ah, hello... Vadim, was it? Sorry. We... Weren't properly introduced upon iur last... meeting." She replied, stumbling over her words slightly, wishing that Maurice wiuld return soon. "Would you like something to eat? I'm suee you've had a long journey."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-15-2016, 11:51 PM

As Giselle appeared, Vadim found his grin far more beastly than before. He would not forgive these humans, ever, but he would contain himself for now. Stepping inside, his gaze left the girl named Belle to watch the thieving parents. "Indeed we hadn't. Greetings. I am glad you did not forget our little....arrangement," he chuckled. The posh, calculating tone that he spoke with now was a far cry from his beastly howls of before. He hoped to instill that in these humans, to show them he had once been something of a prince. It didn't matter than his parents came from another country than this. They had died for it and left him everything they once had, money, roses and power. He glanced back at Belle. And now she would be his as well. "Never mind the food. I wish to discuss our arrangement."

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 11-16-2016, 12:26 AM

Giselle frowned lightly, a shudder going through her at Vadim's grin. "Ah, yes, of course... Belle, darling, why don't you go out and play for a bit?" Giselle suggested, ignoring the child's pouting as she ushered her outside before shutting the door. "I apologize, my husband isn't home at the moment to discuss this with us..." She said, obviously nervous now that she was alone with the beast.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-17-2016, 02:13 AM

As Giselle dismissed Belle, Vadim held his hand up to stay this decision while he thought. Of course the mother would want to send her child away while admitting her failure as a person and to protect this beautiful daughter. Vadim however reveled in the idea of uncovering this little secret even while he wished to obscure his own secrets. "No, never mind about your husband, but let Belle stay. After all..." He flashed a grin, turning back to the girl who had already almost left them alone. "It is her that our discussion revolves around, isn't it?" Vadim wanted Belle to know she belonged to him now. There would be no escape and even if he didn't drag her away with him now, she was to wait for him.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 11-17-2016, 10:58 AM

Giselle and Belle both frowned, Belle in confusion and her mother in anger and frustration. Looking to her mother, Belle asked, "What's he mean, mama?"

Sighing softly, Giselle knelt, putting her and Belle on the same level. "You remember a few nights ago, your father and I came home late, with all those pretty roses?" She paused, letting Belle a chance to nod. "Well, it turns out the estate we found them overgrowing belonged to him." She pointed towards Vadim.

"But what does any of that have to do with me?" She asked, confused.

Sighing softly, looking almost heartbroken, Giselle wrapped her arms around her daughter. "Your father made a deal with him... In exchange for our lives, and his roses, he could have you..." She said, pulling back a bit to look her child in the eye. "I didn't want to agree, Belle, darling... But I didn't see any other way out of the situation."

Belle was stunned. "You- you sold me? For a bunch of flowers?" She pulled away from her mother, running off to her room in tears, feeling betrayed.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-18-2016, 01:30 AM

His expression never changing, Vadim watched as the mother told her daughter of all her wrongs. Maybe the slight wave of joy that washed over him made him more of a beast in this form than as a monster, but he couldn't stop he feeling. The girl needed to grow up anyway. Life was hard and cruel. Chuckling, he watched as Belle tore away from them. "You didn't try to stop this either," he accused the mother, grinning once again at her petty excuses. It was a casual little thorn that he threw, not really caring if she responded or not. He turned his gaze to watch Belle's final retreat before she was gone from view. His heart ached for a second, but then he reminded himself that she couldn't fully escape him.

Sighing, Vadim spoke seriously. "While I could take her with me now, I have no intentions of doing so. She's far too young and don't want to babysit." A partial sneer formed on his face, but he didn't mean it. He was just in the habit of being a beast. In reality, he had no idea the daughter he was to win would be little more than a child now. "When she turns sixteen, you will cede her to me. Until then, I will visit on the first day of the third month each year to remind you of our deal." A hint of the same steel flashed in his eyes that often did in his beast form, just in a prettier face. Producing a rose from the inner pocket of his coat, he flicked it to the floor in front of Giselle. "Don't forget." He turned and left, the rose a silent reminder of what the mother sold her child for.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 11-18-2016, 01:39 AM

Giselle was left alone wih her guilt. Bending down, she picked the rose up gently, so as not to prick herself upon the thorns. She looked at it, not seeing it, as she thought of what she had done. One year to the day until that... That monster- for though he walked and talked like a human, she knew Vadim was more beast than man- returned to visit once more. One year to possibly try and escape....

But no. What were the chances they'd actually escape? Surely Vadim would not be so careless as to risk losing his prize... Would he? She moved to the window near the door, peering out into the front yard, just in time to catch sight of the prince riding off back to his home in the woods.

Curse him, and his bloody roses, for everything they had cost her.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-18-2016, 03:38 AM

Vadim returned to his manor with power and life flowing in his limbs stronger than ever. He had won this fight, the first that mattered since he lost to a witch who had no idea why he turned her away in his grief. That dark rainy night haunted his every sleep, but now it would change. He could comfort himself in that fact.

The months went by with their single day of humanity. Spring turned into fall and the rosebuds curled up against their vines, refusing to let go even as chill took the air. He brooded long through every day as winter set in, and his nights were filled with anxious runs, claws digging deep runs in dead tree bark. If he howled like something between a fox and a wolf, then there was no one for miles to hear it. By the time spring sprung its first buds, he felt tormented by his very existence. A man, a beast. He was nothing but a lonely soul in agony, no matter which form he wore.

Finally, March, the third month approached. He stood in the vast gardens that his mother once kept, now overgrown in ivy, thorns, and brilliant begonia leaves, he thought about the humans he made a deal with. At first, he'd kept an eye on Belle, watching through the window curtain as before. As winter closed over the world though, he could suffer at his own home, deep snow making it difficult to travel deep into the woods and then down to the valley where rivers and low land turned impassable. The river was long thawed though and so he would make his journey. Pushing past a layer of thistles, he found a branch of roses that managed its way from the road and into the garden. A single hardy grouping of brownish roses lay protected by the thistle, new buds nestled against it. He gathered them each to his chest as he turned eyes to the town. Tomorrow, he would be human again and there was a certain family he needed to pay a visit.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 11-18-2016, 03:55 AM

Maurice had been livid when he returned home to find Belle had been told about their areangement with Vadim. Despite that, he comforted his child, ensuring her that it wouldn't be such a bad life, that her mother and he would visit often, and reminding Belle that they still had four years together before then. That helped a little- four years was one third of her life, so far- an awful lot for a child of twelve.

The year passed, Belle slowly coming to terms with the idea of going to live with a man she didn't know yet. She hoped to change that the next time they met, however, for she had no intention of marrying a stranger. She was smart, and beautiful, and kind. She could have had any man she wanted, really. That she would be stuck with the foreign prince... Well. She'd just have to make the best of it all.

Spring turned to summer, turned to fall, and Belle helped her parents with the garden and the harvest, taking part despite her female status. When your country was just beginning to heal from war, everyone had to pitch in where they could. Winter rolled around finally, blanketing the land in white. Belle disliked winter, mostly for the fact she was stuck either inside or bundled up in thick coats and itchy woolen dresses and socks. When the thaw finally began early, arriving at the end of February, she gleefully ditched the heavy clothing, rather preferring two layers of cotton over one of wool.

She'd nearly managed to forget about Vadim's coming visit, until her mother-that dreadful woman who'd let her father sell her, if even for her own good- reminded her the day before with a gift of a new dress, fancier than any she'd worn before. While it was beautiful, a deep blue which would only draw out her delicate complexion, it broke her heart to think of what it symbolized.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-20-2016, 04:57 AM

As always, the change came at midnight. Vadim felt it wash over him and strangely enough, he thought it felt different. Anxiety that plagued him turned to a peace and a different anxious energy. Was this...excitement? He wasn't sure himself. It didn't take long to feel the horrible emotions that plagued him through a year of loneliness to come crashing in again though. It only spurred him to take to the road faster. Like before, he left as soon as he could saddle the horse. If his maroon coat looked a little more faded, then it only meant that he wore it like a badge of dishonor, oblivious to its color in the faint predawn light.

He arrived at the familiar home even earlier than before. Passing through town, he saw how winter affected the humans. It hadn't been particularly harsh, but the winter came too soon after the despicable war and therefore took longer for the folk to recover from. However, the familiar scents and sounds of spring washed over him as he passed. Streamers of colored ribbons adorned lamp poles and wildflowers burst along every path. This little home he visited was no different. Rather than go straight for the door though, Vadim first sought out Belle and Belle alone, a small bouquet of roses hidden beneath his coat, waiting.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 11-20-2016 at 05:01 AM..

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 11-20-2016, 02:37 PM

The morning had dawned frosty and cold, despite springs early arrival. Belle was bundled up in boots and a coat over her new dress, her mother having denied her the option of wearing anything else that day, despite the child having to still do her chores. So, outside with her father she went, while her mother prepared breakfast inside. While her father went to tend the cow, Belle was feeding the chickens, when she spotted a stranger on horseback approach their farm. Her father was out on the other side of the property at the barn, so she was basically alone.

She straightened up, brushing off her skirts after setting down the feed bucket, and brushed her hair out of her face where it was coming loose from its braid. The smile that had adorned her face faltered as she recognized tne man. It had been a full year, but there was no mistaking the jacket he wore, even if it were faded.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-21-2016, 09:15 PM

Vadim gazed across the farm, at first not seeing Belle. He checked the curtained window, but saw no shadows there and felt unwilling to go straight to the door if she should be within. Instead, he dismounted his horse and wandered toward the farm itself. It was here that he spotted Belle almost immediately. Approaching, he let a smile fall onto his face that belied the dark anxiety roiling inside of him. "We meet again, Belle." he murmured as he came to a stop in front of her. From beneath his coat, he pulled the roses which he offered to her, romantic, but not mindful of the thorns either. "I hope you thought of me at least a little?" he added, grin widening just a little. He doubted she had come to terms with what was to happen to her, but he had thought of her a great deal and a shiver kept going through him every time he focused on her dress. She'd grown up just a little bit more.