Lady Chello
Love's EvergreenGoddess!!!!!
Send a message via MSN to Lady Chello

Old 01-05-2017, 02:01 AM

Octavius was astonished as he looked down at the young boy. This boy was suppose to be the Prince? Octavius didn't know if he should laugh or cry finding this out. The boy was most defiantly not ready to rule and almost got himself kidnapped today due to his impulses. If this was the future king the kingdom was doom. He looked around at the guards wanting to make sure this wasn't some kind of joke. However everyone seemed to hand onto Alis every word. He dismounted and bowed respectfully while inside he tried to posses everything that had just happen. Octavius was just happy nothing bad happen to Alis and that Sir.Rillus wasn't angry at him for this whole mess. However the day wasn't over and with his luck some how he was going to pay for this.

So he was right all along about Alis. He was of noble heritage even if he tried to play other wise. And he really didn't know the kingdom as well as he thought witch was sad, Octavius thought. A ruler should know their people and their land. They should be among their people to understand their struggles and what makes the land so great. Maybe this was for the best for the young prince. At lest now Alis had seen the market for a short while and maybe now could understand the danger that comes with being a royal and ruler to be. Octavius was just happy Alis wasn't his problem he wasn't the boy's guard.

Octavius suddenly became angry as it showed on his face as he knelt there. His hands clinched together as he tried to keep his anger in cheek. Octavius wasn't Alis guard but one of the other young knights where they had failed to preform their duty's. If Octavius hadn't found the Prince by chance who knows what could have happen to him. Before he could stop himself he burst out in anger. " Where is the guard who's suppose to protect him?" He demanded ready to fight.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 01-05-2017, 02:14 AM

Alis looked up in surprise at Octavius' outburst. "Rarely do I leave the castle grounds... So, technically, I don't have a personal guard..." He said, frowning slightly. "If I do leave, I'm with my parents and their guards..."

Alistarr's father nodded. "The real question should be, why was my son allowed to leave the grounds with only a squire to protect him?" He asked, looking to the older knights for an answer, all of them looking away from their king sheepishly. "Hmmph. I want a list of names of the guards on duty at the gate, and on patrol in the city this morning, by dinnertime."

Lady Chello

Old 01-05-2017, 02:35 AM

Octavius bowed respectfully as he kept his head low hearing what Alis and the King said. So the Prince had no guard witch was odd. Every kingdom he knew had one he could have swore Rillus said that the Prince had one and the King himself. However as the king pointed out he was just a squire not even a real knight. The way his life was going he was never going to be fit to become a knight. Everyone wanted the fools like Damian and Fredrick because they came from noble houses and could charm people. But they had no real skill when it came to combat. It really bothered him that even Sir.Rillus favored the boys because of their political positions not their skill. He could out wit them any day and normally did. But he was just a stable boy apparently.

He sighed as he slowly rose respectfully and bowed again. " Good day your Majesty's. " He said softly as he slowly rose and turned. He gently lead the horse away knowing he needed to get back to the sable before one of the other knights or squires started something. He was sure that Damian and Fredrick would start their tells of saving the Prince and convince the King and Sir.Rillus they should be chosen as castle guards or personal guards for the royal family. He sighed as he looked over at the poor horse who nuzzled him softly. " Shh it's alright you did everything right. I promise a bucket of extra oats when we get back and some fresh hay. I'll get you fresh cool water and a few apples you deserve it. The stable master isn't going to be happy with me though." He said as he gave the horse a soft grin. "But don't worry about it. I'm use to cleaning stalls."

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 01-05-2017, 02:45 AM

Alis watched Octavius walk away, frowning slightly. Had he just lost his friend because of who he was?

He shook his head, turning towards his father who was currently speaking with two of the knights he'd briefly spotted in the city, and who'd followed them back to the castle. From what he could tell, they were trying to claim responsibility for his rescue, and place blame upon Octavius.

"Father... You don't really believe them? They were there. Didn't even notice anything amiss until Octavius literally leapt to my rescue..." He said, a hand on his fathers arm as he spoke to him.

King Micheal glanced at his son, then back to the knights, frowning. "Really now.... Is that so?" He asked, giving the knights a look.

Lady Chello

Old 01-05-2017, 03:09 AM

Octavius softly petted the horse as he walked back to the stables. He gently removed the equipment from the young horse. He spoke softly to the horse as he cleaned his stall again and bought it fresh hay and water as promised. He didn't forget his promise of treats and bought a little extra to feed the horse. He softly stroked the horse bushing it down after putting the first half of the treats out for the horse to enjoy. Once the brushing was done he took the time to rub the horses legs being careful not to end up kicked. He wrapped the horses legs after he rubbed them to ensure there would be no injures or swelling and to keep them warm. The horse needed a good rest after this. He patted the horse one last time before leaving it with the last half of it's treats starting to put the equipment away.

Octavius couldn't help but think about Alis. The day had turned out very different than expected but at lest Alis was safe. However it bothered him that Sir.Rillus knew about the men. That had to mean that the King had got some warning or demand from someone. And the price of not paying or giving in was his son's life. Octavius had only met Alis today but he didn't like the thought of him being used as a pawn or killed for the sake of killing. He couldn't seem to get Alis out of his mind as he finished his chores. " Fine I'm going." He said more to himself as he turned and slowly made his way back to the palace. For better or worse he had to see Alis again and make sure he was alright.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 01-05-2017, 03:27 AM

The knights had argued against Alistarr, saying they'd had everything under control until the squire had gone and screwed everything up. Looking at the men, Micheal had raised both brows, surprised at their side of the story. "So, you mean to tell me.... You used my son, your prince, as bait?!" he asked, incredulously.

"Er, well, no, sire..." The one began, cut off by the other. "It wasn't my idea, my lord!" He said, going into detail about how, after hearing about the mercenaries nearby, and seeing Alistarr leave with little protection, that the first knight and a few others had come up with a plan to follow them, and hopefully use them to lure the mercs to a place they could attack them.

Alistarr's father was livid by the end of the knights tale, and rounded on the first knight, grabbing him by the front of his uniform, ignoring the chainmail digging into his skin. "I should have your head for such behaviour..." He growled. He was protective of his son. It had taken far too long for him and his wife to conceive, even longer for her to carry a child full term. They'd nearly given up hope when the healers had announced her pregnancy had made it past the fifth month, and that she should be out of the danger zone. They'd tried again after Alistarr's birth, but had failed, three more times before giving up.

Alistarr grabbed his father's arm, surprising the older male. "Father... There was no harm meant, obviously. Yes, it was foolish. I'll admit, I was terrified... But in the end, I'm fine, home alive and whole." He said softly, smiling a little as he watched his father's demeanor melt. He was pulled into a hug, returning it just as tight. "Send him back to his family in disgrace, if he must be punished, father."

Micheal nodded, taking his son's words into consideration. He then stripped the three knights who'd planned the whole thing of their knighthood, telling them to be packed and out of the castle by dawn the next day. "If I ever see any of you anywhere near my son ever again, it'll be your heads." He turned to walk away, one arm around Alistarr, and led the boy back to the castle. Alistarr's moher ran down the steps, hugging him tight, crying in relief once they'd reached the doors.

Inside they went, Micheal dragging Alistarr off to his study after that little reunion for a chat.

Last edited by Rhys Luna Emweise; 01-05-2017 at 03:30 AM..

Lady Chello

Old 01-05-2017, 03:47 AM

Octavius felt a little out of place as he neared the palace. Everyone here was so elegant and clothed in the finest garments. He was clothed in peasant cloths at best. He was sweaty and smelled of the stables. He was dirty from his hard work and was sure they'd not take kindly to the likes of him at the palace. He slowly turned and left heading around the side of the palace. He walked along the tall wall and array of plants. He looked up at the wall as he observed the palace. He wasn't sure witch room was Alis but he had a feeling it wouldn't be hard to find once he was over the wall. He scanned the wall and found a section where a few stones stuck out from the wall just enough to graphs. He knew the guards where busy on the other side of the palace.

Octavius closed his eyes as he took a breath. Suddenly his eyes flashed open as he started to run forward. He leaped up and grasped onto the first stone then the new until he was over the wall. He quickly leaped from the top of the wall and vanished into some of the tall trees. There he sat as he peered into the palace. He couldn't see much due to the distance he was away. He slowly scaled down the trees and crawled to the bushes closer to the palace. He looked from window to window door to door until suddenly he jump. Cold water hit him making him forget looking for Alis's room. A very unhappy maid stared at him as she reached out and grabbed his ear twisting it as she turned with him heading up the palace steps. " Your the oddest plant I've ever seen. You can explain to the King the meaning of this boy. Hiding in the bushes like a animal. Your parents should be ashamed."

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 01-05-2017, 04:00 AM

In his father's study, Alis stood before his father, being questioned about that day- why he'd skippednhis lessons, whose idea it'd been to go into the city- he lied about that, saying he'd convinced octavius to take him, not that the older boy had known who he was until they'd returned, why he would leave the grounds without a guard... Micheal eventually took the boy over his knee, much as Alis had known would happen for soipping class. It stung, but it was more embarrassing than anything. His father didn't let up 'til Alistarr was in tears, promising he'd never do it again. Pulling him into a hug, Micheal sighed softly, making sure Alis knew the reasons, and just how worried he and his mother had been. It was then that there was a knock on the door, which opened moments later to reveal the maid and Octavius, the squires ear still being pinched.

Lady Chello

Old 01-05-2017, 04:25 AM

The maid bowed to the King with the up most respect. She then cut her eyes to Octavius as she arched a brow at him. " I found this oddly shaped plant among the bushes in the back garden. From the look and smell of it, it needed the watering. Please go ahead boy explain yourself to the king. Hurry up your dripping on the marble floor. It's bad enough the staff will have to clean it up already so don't doddle. " She said as she let go of his ear and pushed him forward making sure that he couldn't run even if he wanted to. She stood behind him tall and proper like a motherly figure making sure that he explained himself fully and took responsibility for his actions.

Octavius hung his head as he rubbed his ear. He couldn't bring himself to look at the King or Alis. He felt awkward standing there. " I-" He froze his nerves getting the better part of him. However he received a friendly push from the Maid who told him to go on the King wasn't going to bite him at lest not yet. He closed his eyes as he gathered his courage. " I-uh....I wanted to come back and make sure that Ali-I...mean the Prince was alright. I didn't think someone like me would be allowed in the front door. I had no ill intentions. I just wanted to make sure he was alright. " He said as he frowned standing there not looking up from the marble floor. He was out of his element and he felt small standing there.

The maid smiled as she looked at Octavoius. " Stand up boy, you should be proud and tall when you speak. Lack of nobility is no excuse for lack of manners. If you had asked you wouldn't have been mistaken for a bush. Not everyone here has the nobility rode stuck up their rumps young sir. If you had asked you might have been surprised. The King is a fair man and might have allowed you a audience. I think the more pressing manner is who is raising you? From your dress and lack of manners I would assume there is no motherly figure in your life and you apparently need one. " She said as she looked at the king. " It's obvious your Majesty that this boy had no ill will. I think the fitting punishment for his invasion should be that the young Prince makes him take the classes with him and makes him act and dress according to Palace rules. " She said as she smiled looking at little Alis.

" Don't make me start telling stories about you, your majesty when you where a wee lad. I might be old but I'm not dead yet." She said as she looked to Octavius. " Young Alis would be forced to show you what he has learned from those over paid fools. It would offer him a way of proving how much he has grown and give him some fun. Besides this one I think needs a little looking after. He's the saddest weed I've seen in all my years. I think he could do well with a motherly figure in his life. I think I'll be having a word with the father figure though. A young boy with the hands of blacksmith that ant right."

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 01-05-2017, 04:40 AM

Alis pulled away from his father when the door opened, quickly wiping away his tears. He was surprised to see Octavius, and smiled slightly, despite the stinging he could still feel in his arse.

Micheal couldn't help but smile. "You've found yourself a loyal friend, Alistarr..." He said softly to his son, resting a hand upon his shoulder. Louder, for the maid and squire, he said, "That sounds like an excellent idea... Most of our future knights have finished their lessons by the time they come to us... This one seems to have skipped a few classes."

Alistarr's smile grew at his fathers words, and he looked to Octavius, hoping he'd be willing to agree.

Lady Chello

Old 01-05-2017, 04:56 AM

Octavius looked up in surprise as he heard what the King said. "R-really?" He asked as he smiled and looked over to Alis. He bowed to the king out of respect. " Than-k you your majesty." He said as he felt a hand on his shoulder. He rose as he saw the maid beside him. She gave him a stern look before speaking. " First order of business young man is getting you out of those clothes. No son of mine is daring to look like last years rubbish. Alis if you would be so kind we need to find our new friend some clothes and get him in a bath. We'll start his lessons now. " She said as she looked over at Octavius and gently pushed him towards the door. " Come now don't keep me waiting. I don't know when my clock will run out so stop wasting time. " She said as she looked to Alis over her shoulder. " Go and pick out something simple that a young lad should wear for dinner. I assume after your travels the two of you will be famished by dinner. Neither one of you better not go near the horse stables again." She said as she looked back to Octavius. " And for you young man are going to be under my care. Even if that means you sleep in the spare room off of mine. I"ll have a word with your keeper. Allowing you to walk around like this. How will a young boy ever learn to be a man like this? My heavens!" She said honestly upset about the state Octavius looked to be in.

Octavius looked back over his shoulder at the King and Atlis. He smiled as he mouthed thank you to Alis before being shoved out the door. The old Maid was sweet and caring she was strict but it was apparent she cared about others. The women showed Octavius to her quarters and to the spare room he would be staying. She told him when he was better suited he could rejoin the knights but he needed some training first. She showed him to the tub and the water as she ordered him to take his clothes off to be disposed of. She told him not to worry she would provide for him as the King always provided for her. From this day forward he was no longer Octavius the orphan he was now her son and no son of hers was going to dress or behave the way he did. The way she carried about made him smile. It was nice to have someone to fuss over him like this. But he could see where Alis felt suffocated.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 01-05-2017, 11:06 AM

Alistarr nodded, and with his father's leave, ran off to find some clothes for Octavius. He decided against his own- considering the age difference between them, his clothes would be too small for Octavius. After asking a few people, who gave their prince odd looks for doing a servant's job, he rounded up a lovely outfit for Octavius to wear. He headed for the old maid's quarters, figuring that was where he would find them, and knocked upon the door, waiting for an answer before entering.

Lady Chello

Old 01-06-2017, 12:10 AM

Octavius shuttered as the maid threw cold water in to the bathtub. He knew it was the best that could be done on short notice and tried not to complain or show his discomfort. He really wasn't sure about any of this. All he wanted was to know Alis was alright. He was sure that Sir.Rillus wasn't going to be happy about any of this. He was a squire to be or he thought he was. He spent more time with the stable hands than knights. He scrubbed himself clean and clothed his lower half in a cloth as the maid went over him finding a few places he had missed as she suddenly threw him back in the tub and started to scrub him from head to toe. When he came out of the cold water his skin was red from her fierce scrubbing. He hadn't ever been this clean. The women made him sit on a stool as he gazed at his reflection he didn't know the young boy that sat there. He looked so different. Before he could object the women had shears and started to chop at his hair. When she was done he truly didn't look like the person who had walked in only moments before.

Octavius turned as he heard foot steps and shyly looked at Alis. He bowed his head to the young boy feeling out of place once again. " The Prince is here." He said to the Maid who combed his hair not pausing as she spoke. " I know he his there but I am busy here with your hair. It wont kill either of you to wait a moment or two." She said softly as she finished and smiled stepping back looking over at Alis. " My dear Prince what do you think I think he's presentable now around here. So he can stop stalking the poor plants. " She said as she welcomed the Prince in. " I'll leave you two for a while know I'm on the other side." She as a warning to them to behave.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 01-06-2017, 12:17 AM

He smiled slightly at the sight when he opened the door. "I rather liked his hair the way it was... Did you have to cut it?" He asked, walking over and handing Octavius the clothing. "It's all I could find on short notice... I do hope it fits." He said. He'd have to remember to get the tailor to make Octavius some new clothing, if they couldn't get his own from Sir Rillus.

Lady Chello

Old 01-07-2017, 12:56 AM

The maid looked over at the Prince as she put her hand on her chin looking Octavius over. " Well we have to make him presentable. Next time we'll get a little less cut of if you like. After all he is going to be your responsibility." She said as she smiled looking over at Octavius who wasn't sure what to think at this point. Did he just become the Prince's new pet? He shyly took the clothing as he bowed respectfully to Alis. " Thank you, your grace." He said trying to remember where he was and what little manners he did have. He finally stood as the maid looked at Alis. " Please this way your grace. Let's let him change in privet then you can correct him if there is anything admins." She said as she waited for the Prince to leave before shutting the door behind her.

Octavius dried himself again making sure he was fully dry before he started putting the clothes on that Alis had brought him. He had never felt anything so soft. It reminded him of his own father as he dressed himself and fixed the annoying ruffle scarf that was suppose to go around his neck. He stared at himself for a moment in the mirror. He looked like one of the young noble lords. Not a simple squire. "It's just for tonight then everything returns to normal." He said to himself knowing that Sir Rillus would have him back in the stables before sun up tomorrow. The maid meant well but he wasn't a toy for the Prince to play with and he didn't belong here. He was better outside he knew the outside world and how it worked. Things where different here and not necessarily in the good way.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 01-07-2017, 01:05 AM

Alistarr frowned when Octavius started acting the way everyone else did when they learned he was the prince. He followed the maid out, giving Octavius some privacy to change.

When he was allowed back into the room, he couldn't help but laugh. "Oh, good lord... No no no... Lose the ruffles." He said, trying to stifle his giggles. He went over and fixed the older boy's outfit, and his newly cut hair, having to stand on tiptoe to reach. "That's better..." He said, smiling up at him. "And none of that 'Grace' stuff... We're friends, aren't we?" He asked, almost sounding sad.

Lady Chello

Old 01-07-2017, 02:25 AM

Octavius stared at Alis for a moment then closed his eyes as he tried his best to look indigent. " How rude!' He said in a playing tone as he open his eyes and laughed. " Now wonder you want to run away. This is unusual punishment. The clothes are soft but some of the accessories are torturous." He said as he smiled at Alis. " Well how was I suppose to know what to do with it? " He said as he knelt a little so Alis wouldn't have to stand on his tip toes. " You can't go outside and enjoy it in these clothes. No offense but I think I'll keep to the stables. At lest there I can do as I please." He said as he looked at Alis. " I'm sorry that your day out turned into such a mess. But now I can understand why you wanted to get away. I guess that means I need to round up some normal clothes for you and a hat or something for your hair." He said as he smiled at Alis.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 01-07-2017, 02:32 AM

He'd removed many of the torturous accessories from Octavius' outfit. Especially those damned ruffles. They made the boy look like a jester. Once Octavius was down to as little as possible while still being presentable, Alistarr stopped fiddling with his clothes. "I know... I'd willingly join you there if I could..." He said, smirking a bit, voice quiet enough so he couldn't be heard by the maid. "We'll definitely have to look into getting me some normal clothes... Though a hat could come off far too easily... Perhaps we could find some hair dye?"

Lady Chello

Old 01-07-2017, 04:44 AM

"Oh I'm sure the royal family would love that. " Octavius said in reference to the hair dye. " Do you have a death wish for me? " He asked being serious. He was positive the king and Queen wouldn't take kindly to their son's hair suddenly turning colors. He looked down at the new clothes as he let out a breath. " Much better." He said as he tried to look proud and tall like he had seen the other boys do. " Maybe a wig would do better. Some of the ladies at the bar have them. I bet I could ask around and find you one. But the question is where to hide everything so it wont be found but you can get to it. And also how we are going to meet. " Octavius said as he looked around the simple room. " I think if I stay any longer here your maid is going to adopt me permanently."

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 01-07-2017, 12:34 PM

Alistarr giggled slightly. "Well, us spending time together would certainly be easier if she did..." He said, teasingly. He knew that Octavius would be unhappy if he wasn't allowed to return to his training. He shrugged at the idea of his parents not liking him dying his hair. "Well, blonde wouldn't be too far a stretch... That's common enough around here." He said, though he wouldn't really mind a wig, either, though the ones he'd seen were way too complex in their 'do's.

Glancing back to the door leading to the other room, he looked up at Octavius. "Do you really dislike the idea of staying here so much?" He asked quietly, looking slightly nervous and sad.

Lady Chello

Old 01-19-2017, 02:08 AM

Octavius was caught off guard by Alis question. His eyes widen as he froze in place trying to think about the appropriate response to Alis question. He frowned as he gently let go of Alis hand looking to the floor. He stood there for a moment before looking up at him. " I don't know honestly. Today I was just taking care of your birthday present from your father. I don't know if I would be happy here or not. " He said as he looked up and smiled softly at Alis. " So I guess I need to spend time here with you to find out." He said as grinned and looked at Alis. " Besides someone needs to keep you out of trouble. I have a feeling that is going to be a full time job. " He said as he laughed and turned looking up as he saw the Old Maid there her arms across her chest as she watched the pair.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 01-19-2017, 03:33 AM

Alis grinned when he heard Octavius say he'd be staying a while. He hugged the older boy tightly, flushing slightly and pulling away when he realized what he'd done. "I'm not that badly behaved..." He turned a darker shade when he realized they were being watched.

Lady Chello

Old 01-28-2017, 08:30 AM

Octavius grinned and tried not to laugh hearing Alis. He looked up as he saw the old Maid staring at them. He stood tall trying to imitate the older men he had seen around the kingdom. He tried not to smile to much as he saw the Maid look him over before nodding and giving her approving nod of his appearance. He sighed as she turned and left them again. " Phew that was scary. I'd say you passed she didn't have to fix anything." He said as he smiled again. " I think you have a knack for finding trouble." Octavius said being honest as he looked down at Alis. " If we're being honest here I did have to save you from strange men, after you wondered off." He said as he grinned and laughed. He composed himself as best as he could knowing that Alis might get offended if he picked to much at him. " Alright I'm done picking on you. But I had to have a little fun with you. " He said as he noted the boys blush. " Besides looking for outside adventures what do you do here?" He asked being honest.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 01-28-2017, 10:49 AM

Grinning when Octavius complimented his work, Alistarr flushed a little more, looking away from the taller boy, sulking slightly at the tease. "Not my fault you couldn't pay attention or keep up." He said, before looking back to him when asked what else he did. "Some days I go to my lessons... sometimes I skip them and hide from my tutors and Nanny. I may live here, but there's still many wonderful places to explore." He paused, remembering a few of them, shivering slightly. "And a few not so wonderful ones."

Lady Chello

Old 02-02-2017, 01:41 AM

Octavius paused as he noticed that Alis paused and seemed to shiver. He frowned slightly at the boy reaction obviously remembering something unpleasant that he encountered in the place. " I see, well why don't you go over dinning rules with me. After all I believe your being judged on how well I preform tonight. " He said as he felt eyes on them now and again knowing that the old maid was near to keep a watchful eye on them. " I don't know the rules for dinning or most of the rules that you are subjected to. " He said not sure what he should do or say. He sighed as he felt like a clown in the outfit again. " I'm better with combat and horses." He said as he started laughing knowing that some of the other squires would faint seeing him here.

" Sorry Alis, I just imagine the faces of some of the other boys I know seeing me like this. A stable hand like me dressed like this. They would die just knowing I met the Prince. Much less knowing the Prince himself was dressing me. " He said as he laughed and grinned. " Funny how fate turns things around! Well lets do this Alis! Let's see if we can make it through dinner and impress your parents. Who knows if we do a good enough job your father may see how much you have grown. He may lessen to you and cut back on some of the lessons."