FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-03-2017, 09:20 PM

A woman standing 5'5" watches the men work around her. A gust of wind tussles her long dark hair. The bright morning sun easily warms her through her form fitting clothes and glints off the metal of the cutlass on her left hip.

Standing on the dock next to a docked cutter ship men busy themselves loading supplies on the ship. She didn't need to look around at the long stares she's getting from the people passing dock workers, sailors and the few random people heading off to passenger vessels. She's been at this long enough to be used to the stares and whispers.

Sailing like many other male dominated trades always draws looky-loos whenever something different pops up. Crossing her arms she shifts her weight to one foot enjoying the sun, breeze and down time. Things will pick up once her crew returns from their well earned down time and they get underway.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 06-04-2017, 08:52 PM

(place holder reference until i draw my character)

One crew member hadn't left the ship, preferring to hang out where no one would notice them. Reaching roughly five feet in height they were pretty insignificant to begin with. Dark brown hair that was kept to about ear length was pinned down sometimes by the eyepatch that was worn to cover the eye that had been blinded as a child by hot burning embers. A gift from a crazy and abusive step father.

Sammy Netmender for all intensive purposes looked like a young boy for the lack of facial hair and the flat chest. She of course was perfectly content for people to think that even though she just has a small frame and a flat chest making her look younger than she was. She wore baggy shirts to hide the little bit of chest that she did have and kept it bound tight despite there not being much to bind.

Now she stood peering over boxes on the deck to look at the dock to check if the crew was coming back on board yet before she would flee below deck again with a couple of the boxes to store them. Grunting with the effort the entire time since she wasn't very strong. Using her legs as the main force though allowed her to get heavier objects moved, but it meant dragging things across the deck that she would have to touch up later before people noticed.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-08-2017, 03:05 AM

A man measuring 6'5' strides down the dock nodding or waving at the workers he was familiar with from his visits to the bars that are sprinkled here and there among the businesses. His white tunic style top held in place by the leather belt that hangs around his waist which ties a cutlets on one hip and a double barrel gun on the other. His black leather pants have seen better days and which are tucked into his broken in brown leather boots.

Easily spotting the only woman on the docks he racks his fingers through his shaggy brown hair which he knows does little good due to the breeze continually coming in from the ocean but is worth an attempt anyways.

Making his way up to her he saddles up beside her. "Can I help you ma'am?" he says offering his best smile and wink.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-08-2017, 11:37 PM

With a grunt of effort Sammy dropped the crate at the bottom of the staircase carefully and heard the distinct clatter of the liquor bottles inside. Wiping her baggy sleeve across her brow she rested before carefully inching her way down to where the provisions were being stored. She'd already brought down the bags of flour that had been brought aboard and it only went to figure that the liquor would have been next. The salted beef, pork, and fish were probably going to come later when the cheese and butter did. They were usually the last to come aboard whenever provision stops were made needing to be kept the freshest. That meand that probably the biscuits and peas were topside as well as a bunch more of the heaviest crate of them all. The first of which she'd just lugged down the stairs.

"At least its down and not up." She muttered to herself as she slid the crate into place where it could have plenty more like it join it. Than she went topside again and took another look over the remaining crates at the dock. Someone had come up to the captain and was standing like an idiot ready to have his nice dress shirt dunked in the nearest slop bucket. She decided to quickly start getting the ligter provisions below deck as quickly as possible in case a scene started to play out. Though she couldn't help but turn her head slightly so her good eye could focus on him a little before she turned her back on the scene to continue her duties.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-10-2017, 02:37 AM

Arms still crossed she took in a long draw of the fresh salty air looking for patience or a sliver of understanding but found none. "I suggest you side step yourself on your way before I'm forced to help you along." She says through clenched teeth forcing her arms to stay in place over her chest instead of grabbing for her blade like she wanted. There were supplies still being loaded and she needed the hired men to stay on task and not get distracted by a fight between her and some stuffed shirt.

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 10:55 PM..

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-10-2017, 03:08 AM

Tilting his head at her he scrunches his face at her. He was easily still boozed from a nights worth of drinking and really didn't expect such a rough response. "Don't be like that sweety good ol' Dart can brighten your mood if you give me a chance." he says putting a hand on her shoulder.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-10-2017, 03:50 AM

Any chance of Roman controlling her anger vanished when he touched her. Glaring at his hand on her shoulder she lets her arms drop to her sides her hand going to rest on the grip of her sword. "Let go of me!" She spit the words her gaze flicking from his hand then gives him a once over he's every bit the heartthrob that generally attacked women. "I'm not a barmaid or a 'working girl'! Turn around now and be on your way or I promise you won't like what happens next." Noticing his weapons she inches her sword out of it's sheath.

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 10:55 PM..

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-10-2017, 03:58 AM

He stumbles back a few steps holding his hands up defensively. "I'm unarmed." he grins at her giving her and her tight clothing a long look. "I'm sure the guys like you just as well. We could take this some place a bit more private." he winks at her moving closer.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-10-2017, 04:04 AM

Letting her sword slide back into its sheath she nods and steps a side motioning toward the gang plank set up behind her. "Come aboard and we can have all the privacy you like."

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 10:56 PM..

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-10-2017, 04:10 AM

Grinning broadly he nods and putting an arm around her waist making her walk with him to the gang plank. "You know the captain?" he asks letting her go up first. He looks around at the men hard at work loading various crates and packages aboard this ship. "Looks like they're getting ready to ship out." he says looking back at her.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-10-2017, 04:19 AM

She nods biting her tongue. She's never held much stock in forced labor but rather sailors who choose to board and be paid for their services in her many years as a sailor and now as captain those who earn their wages are less likely to mutiny but this fool had ruined her good mood and needed to pay for not leaving when she gave him the chance.

Grabbing his hand she pulled him along as she boarded the ship. "There's a good spot down there." She told him pointing down a set of stairs leading down below deck.

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 10:57 PM..

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-10-2017, 04:24 AM

Looking around at the workers who all seemed to be looking he nods at her and lets her drag him along down the stairs below deck.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-10-2017, 04:41 AM

Leading him down into the hold she forces a smile when she looks at him and gets him to sit on a crate. She thought she had heard a noise down here as they were headed down here but it was to late for her to change her plan now. While he's distracted getting himself comfortable she pulls her weighted coin purse free from her belt and when he looks back at her she swings it at the side of his head effectively knocking him out.

The momentum of her attack causes him to lean to the side she grabs his arm with her free hand and with some effort stops him from falling off the crate. She pushes him back making him lay back over the crate. She takes a moment to put her purse back before turning her full attention back on the man. She tries to decide what to do now.

There was a good chance that the men working above wouldn't be paying to much attention to this man coming down here. Deciding the first things should be to tie his hand and gag him she quickly set to work doing both of those things.

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 10:57 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-10-2017, 02:06 PM

Sammy purposefully didn't look at the captain and the man as she continued her task of bringing the supplies below deck. Hired hands were no help actually getting the stuff below deck where they could see the... potentially unfriendly things around. She was so busy not looking that when she had finished all the light stuff and dragged another box of liqour down setting it down with the telltale clinking on top of the other from earlier she hadn't realized the captain had come aboard. Not until she heard the thwak and chinking of a money purse hitting something solid.

She froze holding her breath not wanting to be heard. Her heart pounding she crept up to the door and peeked slowly around the frame from near the floor where she was bent over crouching. She saw the captain standing over the man from earlier and she quickly retreated back into the room with her hand over her pounding heart. Oh no, oh no, oh no. How am I going to get past them to finish work. Maybe if I just stay here the captain will finish whatever she's doing and go away. She shifted her weight to take another peek and heard the loose floor board she'd missed the first time squeak as she put her weight on it through her hand. Her head already peeking around the corner of the door frame before it was enough weight to trigger the squeak.

Again she darted backwards, this time looking around for a place to hide, but darn it, she kept the storage room to organized, there was no where to go.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-10-2017, 11:01 PM

Managing to get him on his side and his arms behind his back she finishes making sure the rope around his hands will hold and starts to move to gag him she catches movement out of the corner of her eye. Quickly stuffing a rag in his mouth and then rather harshly ties another rag to help hold the first in place she pulls her cutlass free and makes her way to the doorway not caring how much nose she makes as her feet pound the wooden floor boards.

"Who's there?!" She calls out making it to the doorway and looks around. If not for movement she would have missed seeing Sammy as Roman was looking eye level and not down at the floor. "Oh, it's you." She says slipping her sword back in its sheath. Glancing around to make sure no one else was around. "Is everything in order?" She asks looking back at Sammy.

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 10:58 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-11-2017, 12:19 AM

Sammy averted her eye at the floor as the captain stomped in cutlass drawn. "Yes captain. I've just been bringin' down the last a the supplies that the hired help been bringin on deck." She scuffed her foot embaressed at having been caught not already having it already done and practically snooping on the captain tying up some helpless idiot. Bringing him on board to hog tie him was certainly a new tactic to getting rid of unwanted attention though.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-11-2017, 08:16 PM

She nods putting her hands on her hips. "You're a fine worker Sammy. You've been a member of the crew for a while now, haven't you?"

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 10:58 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-12-2017, 12:07 AM

"Yeah, a year or two now I think it is captain." Sammy replied finally lifting her eyes to look at the captain's face. "I do my best." Despite having been on for a couple years she'd probably have to leave fairly soon before they realized she was not a young boy but an adult woman who was just on the small side. She'd rather been enjoying working on the crew though with a female captain who obviously didn't think that a woman being on board a ship was bad luck.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-15-2017, 03:01 PM

She nods really looking at Sammy for a moment. "We can keep this to ourselves, can't we?" She asks think she is noticing something abut the young man that she didn't notice before.

ooc: Sorry for the wait we had a heat wave, 100+ temperatures. I didn't want my pc to overheat because I don't have ac.

Quote:

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-15-2017, 03:05 PM

"Yes captain of course. I didn't see nothing. I was just doin' my job." She shifted towards the door. "I'll just go and finish up now yeah?" She was feeling really nervous now, she didn't like to bring attention to herself when she could help it. "I've got some more liqour to bring down an' I think the meats autta be on board by now to."

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-15-2017, 03:32 PM

She nods still watching him. "Fine continue but when you're done I'd like to see you in private." She says and goes back to the knocked out man still laying on his side on a crate.

Grabbing his arm she manages to pull him backwards off the crate and then drags backwards over to the wall on the right side of the room. Getting him back on his side she begins moving bags of potatoes on top of him and in front of him, making sure not to put to much weight on his chest of around his head. She only wants to hide him until they set sail again and not kill him.

Quote:

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-15-2017, 04:08 PM

Sammy started to breath a sigh of relief which turned into a quick intake of breath of surprise. Biting her tongue she swallowed and looked at the floor. "Yes captain. Of course." Than she fled to the upper deck and sunk to the floor with her back against one of the crates that she still needed to take down below. She took a deep breath of calming sea air and tried to stop her heart from pounding as hard as it was.

As she heard footsteps coming up the gang plank she straightened herself up and began to struggle with the next crate, watching as the meats were brought aboard by the hired help. Right on time, she nodded at them briefly when they looked at her and she continued on her way. Suddenly hands slid next to hers and helped her lift the box.

She looked up startled and let out a sigh of relief. "You're hopeless you know?" Said one of the crew members with a lopsided grin. He was tall to her, around 6 foot she'd guess, with tanned skin from the sun and messy brown hair. He was always kind to her despite her being a useless cabin boy when it came to anything heavy.

She returned the grin, "It's the problem with being a puny little boy."

"Just gotta work on those muscles. Let me get the heavy ones, you get the meats they shouldn't be nearly as bad you can just roll them." She was about to accept his help when her mind panicked. The Captain was still down below with that playboy that had tried to hit on her. Crap.

"How about you just help me get them down the steps and I'll get them into storage."

"Whatever you say squirt. You get an effective amount of work load done how you organize that room. I won't mess things up. " He dissapeared down the stairs with the crate and she let out the breath she didn't realize she'd been holding and went for the salted meat barrels that could indeed just be rolled on their sides. He was already top side when she got halfway to the stairs and going for a second crate. "Race you?"

"Oh come on now, that's not fair. i already took care of some of the crates."

"Well than I'll just do the rest of the crates and take care of two of the barrels before you finish." And he was sprinting across the deck. With a shake of her head she carefully rolled the barrel down the steps standing in front of it and than rolling it to the storage room door. Noting as she passed that the crate was in fact at the bottom of the steps. Phew.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-15-2017, 10:33 PM

Sure that no one would notice the smuggled man she leaves storage to head back above deck. Getting to the stairs just as Sammy comes down with a barrel she steps aside to let the boy through. "We'll be setting off soon I suggest you get all round things secured." She tells him mounting the stairs.

Up on deck she toward the gang plank and sees that there's only a few more small crates. Instructing the hired dock workers to finish up. Knowing that most workers don't like to be babysat she moves away from the gang plank but keeps them in view until the last barrel is being carried aboard.

Instructing her first mate to make sure the crew is on board and to prepare to set sail she slips inside her quarters to look over the maps setting out waiting for her.

Quote:

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-15-2017, 10:45 PM

"aye Aye captain" Sammy hurries up grabbing the last of the rolling barrels as the crew member helping her finishes up with the crates. He's got one crate left when she stops him for a second. "Actually would you mind just bringing them into the storage room. Captain says we're going to set sail pretty soon."

"Not a problem." He grins. "I'm surprised you actually beat me to the finish."

"It's my job isn't it." She threw back at him as she rolled the barrel downstairs and set it by the door and ran up for the last one. Getting below deck with the final one she looked over as he set the last crate down. "Okay in here let me show you." As he followed her in she showed him where she had been setting the other heavy crates and immediately noticed that the captain had rearranged when she was busy moving provisions.

Quickly shifting tactics she began to slide the barrels into the shelves on the wall opposite the crates where they could be strapped in by rope and not roll around and would be easy access. Don't go to that wall. Don't go to that wall. she kept repeating to herself, knowing that it would give away the captains secret.

Clapping hands with her crew mate as they both finished she said, "thanks. That was a big help. Let's go see what else the captain needs done before we set sail?" As he left she looked around the storage room again and sighed. What was the captain doing bringing him on board. She roved one quick glance around to make sure everything was properly secured than made her rounds to the other supplies like the cannons and gunpowder barrels in the rest of the cargo holds. Everything including the water barrels were secure. Perfect, her main tasks were done. She sprinted to the main deck to see what was going on.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 12:13 AM

Their next destination set she straightens up her maps and then goes out on deck. A few minutes of talking to her first mate she finds out that the last few stragglers came on board while she was in her quarters. Nodding and gives the order to release the tethers keeping the at dock, pull the gang plank up and start to push out to sea. She watches everyone scramble to their tasks and makes her way to the wheel.

Quote: