Marie Von Marquise
*^_^*

Old 06-03-2013, 10:41 PM

This is a 1x1 based on our characters from a remade Medieval Lock and Key thread.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-03-2013, 11:16 PM

My name is Shiriki Cheveyo Howahkan.
I hail from Grayveth.
I am a Prince.
I am 23 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy helping others, hunting, training, and reading in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be blind hopefully, has a beautiful voice, and shows my kingdom's love for the outdoors.
In the mirror, I see:

My Key:

My name is Kiah Rae Silver.
I hail from Haewyth.
I am a Baroness.
I am 21 years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy pottery, reading, singing, horseback ridding in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be kind, caring, intelegent, open-minded.
In the mirror, I see:

My Lock:

Last edited by Kilia; 06-04-2013 at 01:13 AM..

Marie Von Marquise
*^_^*

Old 06-04-2013, 01:34 AM

My name is Brielle Reimie.
I hail from Illyria.
I am a Princess.
I am 20 years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy being outdoors, tending to flowers, and reading in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be compassionate, charming, enthusiastic and loyal.
In the mirror, I see:
My Lock:

My name is Seth van Garrett.
I hail from Pandion.
I am a Prince.
I am 25 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy horseback riding, a good drink, being with my companions in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be intelligent, loyal and witty.
In the mirror, I see:
My Key:

Marie Von Marquise
*^_^*

Old 06-04-2013, 01:36 PM

Seth had disappeared somewhere in the castle, of that much she was sure. Normally he would be with her, making sure she was okay and yet where was he now? Brie had absolutely no idea. Her eyes were bothering her today, just a little bit but the doctor had said they would every now and then. Still, she felt uncomfortable. Not only that, her head kind of hurt, as if she had been picking something up off the floor and bumped her head on the table. Rubbing her eyes gently, Brie felt her way out of the room she had been given and decided to do her own exploring.

She didn't need Seth. He was her best friend, and she loved him dearly but sometimes he had no patience with people. He was a quite man, and didn't hold a very long conversation. She liked that about him though, since he spoke his mind when he wanted to, not caring if it was proper or not. Shaking her head lightly, Brie paused just outside her door, trying to remember which way they had come up the stairs. Had it been to the left, or to the right?

Ah yes! They had come up, walked a few steps, and then they had turned right. So she had to go left. Brie placed her hand on the wall, counting the steps she took to reach the banister. She then made her way down the steps, only to stumble as she reached the bottom. She tripped on the last step and landed on her knees at the bottom, arms still up and holding onto the railing as she had hoped it would help save her from the fall just a little bit.

(Wasn't quite sure where to put Seth, so you can use him however you want in your post if you'd like.)

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-05-2013, 12:52 AM

Kaih hummed to her self as she carefully walked down the hallway of the first floor, she was lost in thought as her delicate porcelain fingers lightly brushed over the wall. She carefully avoided objects before slipping into a room that she was directed to the day before, she was told she could use it for her hobby. What she didn't know was that there was a man in there checking the room out. She continued to hum to her self, moving slowly about the room as she got everything she needed. Carefully sitting down before she started to turn the pottery wheel as she began to mold the clay before her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shiriki had spent the last two days making sure that Kaih was settled in and knew where everything was at that she needed before leaving her to her own devices. After all he knew that she could take care of her self, she didn't need him to baby her. He chuckled to himself as he thought about what she could possibly be up to at the moment as he traveled down the stairs, only to see a female slip and fall down the last few steps. "Are you alright?" he asked her as he moved down towards her, helping her to sit down on the steps before looking her over to make sure that she was okay.

(not the longest post....)

Marie Von Marquise
*^_^*

Old 06-05-2013, 02:23 AM

The almost silver haired blonde turned when he heard someone join him in the room had had been curious about. He opened his mouth to greet the young woman but he stopped himself when he saw she hadn’t even noticed him. There had been talk from the other people in the castle that there was a completely blind woman among them. Seth had figured it had all been just gossip, but seeing it for himself; he now knew it was all true.

He remained silent, watching as the other moved about, gathering things for whatever it is she was about to do. He was surprised and very impressed when he realized she was going to make pottery. A blind woman making pottery; you definitely didn’t see that every day. He hadn’t meant to make much sound, but when he moved to lean against the nearest table he accidentally hit a chair in the process.

~~

Brielle gasped in surprise when she heard a voice come from behind her and suddenly have someone’s hands pulling her up to her feet for a moment. She was then moved onto a step to sit on. ”Y-Yes, I’m fine. I guess I wasn’t paying enough attention. Thank you.” When she looked up, all she could see was a larger shadow hovering over her, male obviously, but she didn’t know him.

Brie hadn’t really made the time to go out and interact with the others in the castle. She and Seth had been busy, him exploring and herself she had been trying to get a feel for the place and learn her way around the man floor and how to get to her room. When she looked his way, her eyes missed him by a couple of inches, staring over his shoulder instead of at him. ”…I must have miscounted the number of steps…I really should be more careful.”

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-06-2013, 08:14 AM

The blacked haired female, let her hands work, feeling the wet clay slowly take form into a bowl shape. She wet her hand for a moment, carefully moving her hand into the inside of it to build the wall up even more. Yes, she was completely unaware of the male that was in the room so at the sudden noise that was caused when she heard a chair move. Causing her to ruin what she had been making as she jerked, standing up and quickly turning towards the noise. "W-who is there?" she called out to the room, her voice was a bit shaken, fearing the worse could happen to her as she could not see her adversary. "I...I must warn you that I am more dangerous then i look." she said to the room, her pale blue eyes seemed to be searching around though it was clear that she could not see anything before her as her hand gripped at the table, searching for a weapon of some form.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shiriki soon sat down next to her after establishing the fact that she was unharmed from her fall. "I am glad that you are okay." he said to her as she chuckled, a smile on his tan face which could be heard in his voice. "I am Prince Shiriki by the way." he said to her after a while, resting an elbow on his knee as he rests his chin on the palm of his hand. He instantly noticed the lack in her eye sight, this caused his heart to go out to her, he had a soft spot for the blind, which was evident by Kaih. After all he was the one who helped her be more independent and able to do things on her own instead of babying her like her family had tried to do so. "I couldn't help but notice that your blind. I apologize a head of time for my insensitivity." he said to her as he looked at his bare feet, wiggling his toes for a few moments before looking at her once more. "I have a very dear friend name Kaih. She was born blind. She moves slower then most people but that is only because she tries not to worries those that care about her with injuries from just trying to walk." he said to her, he was trying to encourage her, to give her some advice on doing things on her own but if it did not come out that way then he had just made an ass out of himself.

Marie Von Marquise
*^_^*

Old 06-07-2013, 02:58 AM

Seth felt terrible the instant he realized his mistake. The poor thing was frightened and it was entirely his fault. Despite how he seemed to give off a cold exterior, he really did care for people, in a way. He loved Brielle, like a sister of course, so that had to mean something. Right? When the girl moved suddenly, her project completely ruined, Seth felt even guiltier. ”I don’t doubt that for a second Miss, but I don’t mean you any harm. I was just admiring the room when you came in. Please, don’t stop your work on account of me. I’m actually fascinated with what you were doing.”

She was such a pretty little thing, even if she was blind, she was beautiful. He wouldn’t say that out loud of course, but he would definitely think it. He got up and moved to where it could take a seat and watch her work from in front instead. ”Please, sit. My name is Seth Van Garrett, Prince of Pandion.” At least he knew she would try to defend herself if the need ever came up. He didn’t think she would have very good aim, but at least she would try.

--

Brielle felt a presence next to her on the step. Whomever it was had just sat next to her. A prince! Well, what a nice surprise. She had heard that even barons and such had been invited, so she had assumed that she would run into a duke or something, but a Prince was much nicer. Now she knew two of them, Seth and this Shiriki fellow. ”I’m Princess Brielle, but Brie is just fine.” When he pointed out that she was blind, Brie felt her cheeks flush. She disliked drawing attention to that fact, but there was nothing she could do. She simply shook her head.

”I wasn’t born this way. I had a small accident back home that took my sight. I’m so used to being able to do things right away. Things I’ve done thousands of times before now seem so different and new that I’m forever forgetting that I can no longer see. The doctor said my vision might come back, but I’m afraid that I’m going a little impatient. I haven’t seen a thing in three months. Though…I see dark forms, you’re pretty much a shadow to me at the moment.” She listened to him as he spoke of his friend. Brie could only imagine how it must feel to have been born not able to see a thing. To never see the sun, nature, people smiling; she found it hard enough adapting as it was, but to be born like that, must be very difficult.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-12-2013, 07:59 PM

Her hand finally landed upon a thin wire that was tied to two pieces of wood, gripping it in her hands as she tensed up as she heard him move about. "I...." she didn't know what to say, she was honestly taken by surprise at what he had said about her. She felt around for her seat once more before she slowly eased down on it, still clutching to the cut off wire as she seemed to look in his direction. "I do not see why you would find me fascinating." she said to him softly as she twisted the wire in her hands, shifting even more as she heard his voice coming from a different direction. Turning so suddenly caused her to bump into her table and almost knocking everything over, even her self. "Ah i am sorry!!!" she said to him as if it was all her fualt, which it was slightly, she had to reach her hands out to make sure that everything was still in it's place before she carefully placed the cut off wire back on the table next to her. Wetting her hands once more as she slowly started to turn the table as she began to fix her soon to be pot, tucking her black hair behind her ears. "I am Baroness Kiah Rae Silver of Haewyth. It is an honor to met you, your highness." she said to him as she smiled softly, slowly making swirls and small designs into the side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shiriki tied back his long black hair as he looked at her from the side, blushing slightly as he rubbed the back of his head, after all she was a very lovely lady, nothing like Kiah but that was a good thing. "Well Brie you can call me Riki if you want. Though i am open to any nickname that you can come up with for me." he said to her as he looked up towards the ceiling, listening to what she was saying to him about having an accident happen to her. "I am sorry to hear that. I can understand it being tough on you. I mean it. I can not even begin to imagine going through life everyday not being able to see what i am used to seeing but i think it would be worse not being able to see at all. Not knowing the rose colors of the sky at sunset or the birth of a foal. Anyways it is always good to know that you can get your eyesight back but you shouldn't strain to see or force yourself to see things that are there. You could damage your eyes even more that way." he said for a moment before standing up once more, holding his hand out to her so that he could help her up. "Just take it easy. Keep your eyes close and let me help you to become more independent as a blind person." he said in a warm and caring voice, meaning every word of it, after all Kiah no longer needed him, and here he found a female that was trying to be independent but is unable to do so.

Marie Von Marquise
*^_^*

Old 06-18-2013, 02:36 AM

Seth paused when the young woman picked up a thin wire like object. She was quite resourceful, that was for sure. He winced when she jumped at the sound he had made, causing her to knock over the things she had been using. He wanted to help her, but he supposed he had scared her enough as it was, no need to get too close and have her panic even more. "Please, just Seth will do. I don't go much for formalities. May I call you Kiah?" he asked quietly, watching as she set herself up again and started to form a shape out of the clay. In all honesty, he was fascinated with the patterns she was putting into the clay piece, without even know she was doing the design perfectly. "I'm sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention I assure you. It's just that....well I've never met a person such as yourself. I can't help but wonder if you realise that your designs are coming out perfectly. They don't waver, they're perfectly placed and straight as an arrow all the way around. To be without sight and to do that, I find it simply wonderful."

---

Brie nodded and smiled. "Riki it is then, until I find something else." She supposed he did have a point though. To be born blind must be so much more difficult, and lonely. At least she knew what color the sky was, how green grass could be, to be able to see words written on a page before her, to be able to ride a horse without help. "I can't help it. I want to see again, to be able to do things on my own without everyone having to help me. Even Seth sometimes doesn't understand why I ask him to tell me what he sees." She felt him move and her head turned toward where she thought he might be. She assumed he had his hand out to her, and when she raised her own, it met his. With a small sigh, Brie took his hand and closed her eyes. Already the small strain she had been feeling was gone, and relief settled in. She had been having a small headache, but closing her eyes nearly made her feel instantly better. "Thank you. You know...It happened because I saved one of my people. We were building a new wall, but the stones weren't stable enough. The children in the village were told not to play near the wall, but one wandered too close when the partial wall started to collapse. I was the closest to the girl, so I put her out of the way and took the brunt of the falling stones. Apparently there was a lot of blood, but I don't remember anything."[/b]

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 AM

Kaih smiled softly as she chuckled a bit, relaxing once more into her work, it was clear that she was far more relaxed then she was before as her posture went from the shoulder back position to a more slouching one. "Kiah will be fine." she said to him, though what he had not seen was that the hand that held the carving tool, had one finger touching the base of the pot while the other one was inside of it to make sure she did not carve to deep. "I was not offended. I was just merely startled and taken aback by what you said is all." she said to him, thinking over what he said next before she set her tools down, stopping the table once more. "It took me years of practice to learn how to throw pottery." she said to him as she wiped her hands onto a piece of cloth that had been on the table after she cut the pot from the wheel with the wire she was going to use on him. "I never expected you to actually have met someone that is blind. Considering blind children are often killed to spare families the burden of having to care for them. So yes i am blind and no i did not lose my sight from an accident or anything else. I was actually born this way......" she said to him in a sad, distant voice as she stood up, holding the pot in on a piece of cloth in one hand as she held the other one out so that she could find her way over towards the kiln. Her movements were slow, but not the type of slow that someone would notice but the type that made one go wow what graceful movements.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I am sure you can think of something else to call me." Shiriki said to her as he chuckled, stopping for a moment after she took his hand and he helped her to stand up. He pulled off a piece of leather that been tied around his wrist, using it to blind fold her before taking her hand once more. "There now you won't feel compelled to open your eyes." he said to her, taking slow deliberate steps as if he was leading her through a waltz, moving to take her other hand so that it was out in front of her so she could feel what was around them. "Well let's try to remedy that problem. I promise that after i help you, you should be able to do everything and anything on your own. Though i don't mind being your eyes either." he said to her as he chuckled, realizing that he was referencing to himself as a seeing eye dog, though those were only known in his kingdom. "It takes a very dedicated ruler to put the people before their own self. I commend you on what you did for that little girl even though most just would have let her die." he said to her as he smiled, he had to admit she was nothing like he thought she would be. She wasn't spoiled and thought less of her people, she clearly thought her people were better then her which is more then what he could say about most. "Maybe it is for the best that you don't remember it."

Marie Von Marquise
*^_^*

Old 06-23-2013, 03:21 AM

Seth was glad to see the baroness relax. It was nice to see that she could be so free. He supposed being born blind was both a curse and a blessing, and she did have a very good point. Most families got rid of children with any deformities of any kind. "I'm terribly sorry. I can see you must be a very capable young woman, despite your setback, I commend you for being who you are to the fullest." Seth watched as she finished her piece of pottery, and being the gentleman that he was, he stood up immediately and moved to help Kiah, but her movements stopped him. Despite not being able to see anything at all, not even shapes and shadows as Brielle could, she moved with grace and a power that said she came from a noble line. "You do have an incredible talent, Kiah."

-----

Brie stood with Shiriki's help. She didn't like the idea of depending on anyone to help her, at least she wasn't keen on the idea of it being anyone other than Seth. She trusted him with her life. Still, she couldn't help trusting in Shiriki since he had a friend who had been born blind and had helped them out as well. What could it hurt to be able to learn how to depend on no one else until her eyes healed perfectly? She flinched in surprise when she felt something being put over her eyes. "W-Wait! What are you doing?" When he said she wouldn't feel the need to open her eyes again, Brie wondered if that were true. The feeling of something being there made her want to keep them closed until it went away. Perhaps his methods would work. "I realise that not many people would have done what I did, but she was only a child, who had lost her parents years ago to illness. Besides, I believe in our people, and that they are the key to a kingdom's survival. They are every bit as important as the kingdom's ruler. At least that's the way I see it. Especially children. They are the future. They will continue to support the kingdom, taking after their parents. It's a never ending cycle." Brie nodded when he said it might be better that she didn't remember. The only thing she could see clearly, was the pain she had felt at the time. Her head had ached for nearly two weeks afterwards. Sometimes it still pained her, but she tried to ignore that as best she could.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-26-2013, 06:27 PM

"Thank you but there is no need to commend me for just living." she said to him as her hand hit some jars and paint brushes, she frowned a bit as she lightly ran her fingers over the containers and paint brushes, a sad looked crossed her face as tears sprung to her eyes. For the first time Seth truly saw her sad with tears trying not to spill over her eyes lids, she let her hand then trail over the horse hair paint brushes before she moved a bit more to the kiln. Fiddling with the top, grunting a but before she finally manage to get it open, carefully placing the pot into it before tugging it close once more. "I don't know if it is a talent or a skill that i had to learn over the years. I wasn't able to do everything on my own you know. I was always lead around like a dog on a leash, bathed, dressed even feed as if i was a baby. It went on up until i was 10 and i met Prince Shiriki. He helped me to learn how to do things and be more then just a doll." she said to him, her face seem to cloud over as she remembered how she was treated before she met her dear friend, and she was very thankful that she had. "Though there are still somethings that i can not do on my own....no matter how much i try to do so." she said to him as she smiled, having wiped at her face as she slowly moved to the floor to open a door at the bottom of the kiln, feeling around before she found some wood to put into the little section.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A king is only as good as his kingdom. If his people suffer then he is either a bad king who does not care about his kingdom or he is suffering. If the kingdom flourishes then the king is well and puts his people first is a good king." Shiriki said to her as he smiled, dropping back to the point that she was tugging on him to move forward, only twitching slightly when she almost ran into objects but more or less just was there to reassure her that he was going to protect her if anything happens. "In my kingdom the land and the people come first....and the king is just there to support them every way that he can." he said to her as he chuckled, smiling as he watched her carefully, keeping his eyes out for anything like incidents that could happen. He was even welling to describe to her what ever she wanted to know what things looked like if he had too.

Marie Von Marquise
*^_^*

Old 07-10-2013, 02:10 AM

Seth watched the woman closely and saw the tears. He wondered why she thought she couldn't do something, when she already beat the odds at pottery making. "I'm sure it took much practice before you could throw pottery. Clearly you haven't let your lack of sight stop you from that, surely you wouldn't let it stop you from doing or trying something else?" Sure, it wasn't his place to be so forward, but he hated seeing women cry. It made him feel horrible, like it was somehow his fault even if he had nothing to do with it. Besides, why couldn't she try her hand at painting? He had seen some new age art and it looked like a child had been blindfolded and let loose on the piece of canvas. Surely she could do as good a job, if not better, than that if she only gave it a chance. Though he supposed painting would be different in the sense that she wouldn't be able to touch it and feel if it was the right shape or size, but still.

--

Brie was surprised when Shiriki spoke next. Seth agreed with her about the kingdom and its inhabitants, but she had never heard someone else agree before. "You're absolutely right. The people are far more important. The children especially. They are the future. Future farmers, maids, taxpayers, providers. The royalty is nothing but a pawn to help provide them the tools." Brie seemed to be doing well, now that she wasn't tempted to open her eyes anymore. It was bothersome to have the blindfold on, and if she really thought about it, she felt a little itchy where it came around the back of her head. Still, she hoped nothing would go wrong and that this would help move the healing along faster. Sometimes she wasn't the most patient person, it showed in how she had been walking and moving before she had tripped on the stairs. As she took another step, her foot got caught in her skirt, making her lurch forward slightly as she lost her balance.

[I'm so sorry it took so freaking long!!! I totally meant to post and every time I would have something typed up, the session would time out and I would refresh the page without thinking and would lose everything I had typed. But here they are again, finallY!!!]

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 07-26-2013, 02:04 PM

"You don't really need sight for pottery. Considering it goes more for touch then any other sense." Kiah said to him as she carefully moved around once more, trying to clean up the mess that she had made. "It did take me a lot of practice to finally be able to do this all on my own. Though my lack of sight still keeps me from doing things. Or knowing things. As much as i would love to try new things, but it is not that easy." she said to him, taking a seat once more as she took the damp cloth to clean her hands off, having taken a seat on a near by chair, unable to see anything, though she could feel that he was still in the room as much as hear him still there. Biting her lip for a moment as she thought to herself, playing with the cloth a bit. "What is one of your hobbies?" she asked him softly as she tucked her long black hair behind her ears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I am glad to hear that." Shiriki said to her as he smiled, easily catching her in his arms when she tripped on her skirt. Smiling at her, though he knew that she could not see him, the only thing was that he was been holding her to his chest. He looked down at her, gently brushing her hair from her face before just moving back to holding her hand as they continued to walk around slowly. "Most think that to ruin a kingdom they need to take the king out but the truth is if you take the people the kingdom will be ruined." he said to her softly before following after her.