Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-18-2011, 11:51 AM

Hello there!

I am in search of a few good artists to assist me in a small dream of mine, and if you are selected you will also be rewarded (hopefully). Let me explain;

I have been writing a series of short children's stories. So far I have 5 of them. I have plans for at least 3 more. Two are currently being illustrated and one of them I plan to do myself (when I finally get the motivation for it :sweat: ). That leaves 2 short stories that don't have anyone working on them right now, and at least 3 more that haven't been written that will need illustrators.

I have the base sketches for the characters but whoever I chose to illustrate the stories will have full creative powers and you can use whatever style you like, as long as a few details remain to distinguish the characters and have similarities between all the books.

They stories are of two sisters, yet the characters are drawn as anthropomorphic-slightly-chibi cats. The older must have longer, messy hair, be taller than the younger one and have only one "front tooth", she also wears shorts as opposed to skirts and dresses. The younger one has shorter hair, is shorter than the older, and wears dresses as opposed to shorts or pants.

If anyone is interested, please post an example of your artistic form of choice and I will get back to you with more details.

Note that most of the stories, I try to keep to about 10 pages in length, but I do have one that went a little bit longer. I believe it's around 15 pages. Most of them are short though.

(I hope that this is the correct place to post this! I really wasn't sure! :S)

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Oh yeah! About the compensation! After all books (or at least, more of them) are completed, I hope to try to publish them! If they do get published then the illustrator will recieve a copy of the published book and if there is anything to be made from it ($_$) then a portion of the funds will also go to that person. If nothing else, it could be a future reference if you plan on being an illustrator!

Again, thank you!

Stories and Illustrators:
Colors - Zephi
Solar System - Zephi
Parrots - Zephi
Muffins - Kat Dakuu
Worms -
Turtles - Kira
Recess -
Christmas -
Strawberry Pie - Iku
Summer -
Autumn -
Super Powers -
Soda -
Go Carts -
Lemonade -
Kite Flying -
Gardening -
Chores -
Pet Shelter -
Swimming -
Circus -

Zoo Adventures:
Hippos -

Last edited by Zephi; 10-09-2014 at 09:10 PM..

Ophibell
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-18-2011, 01:10 PM

Oh this looks like a fun little project and I'm terribly interested!

I'm not a FANTASTIC artist, but if you're interested you can check out my little portfolio over here- Portfolio on the Behance Network

Or my Deviantart over here- BalledKalilee on deviantART

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-18-2011, 05:22 PM

Ophibell: You have great style! Very interesting and imaginative characters. I do like them a lot. If you would be interested, I can e-mail you the base character sketches that I came up with (I'm the worst at drawing clothing for characters though T^T).

Right now, the stories that need artists are as follows:

The story of the Ultra Mega Soda-Pop-Coke Balloon Fight
The story of Worms (yes worms)

Stories in production are:

The story of the solar system

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-19-2011, 10:23 AM

Just to let you all know, I have just finished another story on Pirates and Parrots. So that is also needing an illustrator allong with the one about Worms. ^^V

And Ophibell has agreed to illustrate the Soda story :D

UPDATE: There is also a completed story about the solar system that could use an illustrator. :D

Last edited by Zephi; 12-19-2011 at 01:16 PM..

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 12-24-2011, 02:56 PM

TT3TT Ophibells in here....... *sits in depression corner* I'd want to see how Ophibell draw's things :squee:

Well, I'll give you my dA link. *Just a few of my drawings are uploaded :P*
Linky Tell me if it doesn't work :) *Linkies hate me DX*

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-24-2011, 03:01 PM

WherededIGo: Oh man! You draw really well, too! I love how you do the clothes, that is my weak point, among many <.< And the later drawings that you have uploaded are very nice! I likey... let me know if you are interested, I could e-mail you a story and the base character sketches and such.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 12-24-2011, 03:03 PM

The latest ones are my best :) I would be very interested XD

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-24-2011, 03:09 PM

Ok... the stories that need someone to illustrate are the one about Worms and Parrots and pirates. The solar System I think has someone doing it but she is going to decide tomorrow, so for now, just those two. Which do you prefer >.> Or would you like to see both and then decide?

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-30-2011, 10:06 AM

Still needing a few illustrators to try their hand at one of the stories ^^

Zephi
Summer love

Old 01-23-2012, 05:23 PM

@Ophibel; WherededIGo: Kat Dakuu: How are you guys coming along? :D I've got 4 pages still. I should work on it now :P

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-23-2012, 09:17 PM

hey zephi. I started if that counts. >.> go figure I'll probably be the last to finish...

what color are the girls' hair??

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 01-24-2012 at 03:31 AM..

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 01-24-2012, 01:33 PM

I've been busy with work, homework and cleaning lately so I haven't been able to get a good footing :sweat: But otherwise it's good!

Zephi
Summer love

Old 01-30-2012, 06:52 PM

Hey Kat Dakuu: their hair is brown but you could do it whatever. Their hair is always messy with bits of food in it, so it could really be whatever color XD What color were you thinking of using?

WherededIGo: That's cool. I know how you feel. I haven't really done anything since I've been on vacation. I barely do my school work squeezed in between all the traveling and such :sweat: I'm going to make a deadline when I get back home, a deadline for myself anyway. Something to give me a date to shoot for anyway :D

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-30-2012, 08:06 PM

I wasn't thinking anything. mostly I was wondering if the girls had the same color hair. not all siblings do.
I finished the drawing and most of the inking of the first page, then I got distracted. go figure.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 02-02-2012, 03:00 AM

Oh wow, you inked something. I haven't gotten that far T^T I get distracted easily too. Especially when I find things like this:

INCREDIBOX [ Official website ]

Nuruhanj
The Pings Goddess

Old 02-18-2012, 01:51 PM

ok this is my DA account
there all kind of my styles ^^
I'm so excited!! ^^

Zephi
Summer love

Old 02-18-2012, 05:53 PM

Nuruhanj: You have a lot of different people. Way more than I would do :O They look really cool. Especially the pred/human hybrid. Looks awesome. So, the story that I have that's still up for grabbs is the one about the Worms. If you're interested in that, I could send you the info and the character sketches to your e-mail. ^^

Nuruhanj
The Pings Goddess

Old 02-18-2012, 07:31 PM

the pred/hybrid was a lineart I collaborate to color ^^
and thanks ^^ sure send me info
I dunno.. do you prefer by PM in here or an email?=

Zephi
Summer love

Old 02-18-2012, 08:53 PM

An e-mail address would most likely be better because I have to send attachments and stuff. But, whichever works best for you.

Nuruhanj
The Pings Goddess

Old 02-18-2012, 08:58 PM

ok then.. I'll give you by PM my email + msn and skype account... so you can contact me in any way XD

Zephi
Summer love

Old 02-18-2012, 09:11 PM

Awesome! :D Thanks so much!. I think that I will actually get off here and work on my own story for a little bit. :)

fairywaif: how is your story coming along? :D Those turtles still giving you trouble? XD

Nuruhanj
The Pings Goddess

Old 02-18-2012, 09:24 PM

as you wish Zephi ^^
and you're welcome ^^

Zephi
Summer love

Old 02-19-2012, 09:28 PM

To let you all know, I'm working on 8, yes eight more stories. The titles and such will be released at a later date, so I'm going to need more illustrators. Keep in mind that you don't have th be the best in the world, all that matters is that you do your best on the project because I am hoping to get them all published as a set, if possible. Which would be really awesome. Once the completed ones start coming back to me, I'll keep you guys posted on how the publication process is going and if I get any offers ^^

Nuruhanj
The Pings Goddess

Old 02-19-2012, 09:31 PM

ok Zephi ^^ just to let you know I'lls tart on the story worm arts when the non-even evetn thread is closed... I think at the end of this month, if you don't mind ^^
so i can give out more arts ^^

Zephi
Summer love

Old 02-19-2012, 09:32 PM

Sure thing Nuru. ^^ That'd be awesome :D