Oh, ok. You start.]

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-23-2011, 09:38 PM

What's your name?

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 07-23-2011, 09:45 PM

(I thought this was an RP, those are in third person usually! Ok, I'll start.)

Explodey the Boom Boom Girl (yes, that woulda been my whole handle but it was too long!) logged into Menewsha to check on some threads when Kraven noticed she was on and messaged her. "Well, there's that guy who wanted to date around the forum!" she thought to herself, and of course replied. Her 'actual' bf was online as well; he had just 'liked' one of her FB posts, but since he was in Canada now and she wasn't she didn't feel it was a terribly bad thing to 'date' on a forum. Ever since he'd moved out of her town and out to Toronto it was sort of a wishy washy kinda relationship; LDR rarely give one much satisfaction.

Kraven seemed pretty cool, anyway. He had a Daft Punk type helmet on his avvie, and since Explodey spent much of her time on turntable.fm, a site also frequented by the DP guys, it seemed they might have some stuff in common.

After a few replies on the Music and Anime forums, it was time to head to the RP forum.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-23-2011, 09:56 PM

Kraven had read Explodey's post for a date and decided why not? He sent her an invite, not sure if he would be accepted or shot down. Fortunately, Explodey said yes! Right off the bat, Kraven liked her attitude, because it was clear this chick knew how to rock.

Explodey

Old 07-23-2011, 09:59 PM

If Explodey knew that Kraven thought she knew how to rock she would probably have talked his ears off about all the rocking she had actually done, but luckily Cs can't read thoughts.

Explodey waited around for Kraven to actually arrive.

Explodey

Old 07-24-2011, 07:09 PM

[In other words if we're our 'selves' you need to post a post wherein you see me, or I see you? I need the scenario to appear. Oh, and sorry for the vanishy yesterday, but I was on one of the being-fixed servers.]

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-24-2011, 07:10 PM

Kraven walked up to Explodey in the club. "Hello, I'm Kraven"

Last edited by Kraven; 07-24-2011 at 07:23 PM..

Explodey

Old 07-24-2011, 07:32 PM

Whoa, I'm in a club? thought Explodey, how'd I get here? Explodey didn't go clubbing terribly often now that Toast was closed and Parima was closing, and all the other clubs were off the beaten path. Maybe it was one of those conceptual clubs. Kraven could make conceptual clubs! This guy was pretty cool.

"Hi, I'm Rae." said Explodey, for Rae was actually Explodey's name, don't you know. She could have said, hi, I'm Explodey the Boom Boom Girl but this really tended to put people off at first meeting.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-24-2011, 07:36 PM

"I couldn't help but notice you from across the club. May I buy you a drink?" Kraven knew it was cliche', but he din't know what else to say.

Explodey

Old 07-24-2011, 07:45 PM

"Bar drinks are so expensive. Let's just go to a package store and grab a fifth of something. Then we can just buy sodas and mix our own." Explodey was always a bit of a penny pincher. It came in handy. A lot of her friends were poor, and they would be out of money between paychecks or by the end of the month if they were on disability or welfare. Being frugal meant having enough money to party up the broke kids when their sitch got dire.

This was probably why she had a lot of friends, she suspected. Were they just there for the drinks and free meals? Oh, probably. But it staved off boredom, so it was 'all good' as they say.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-24-2011, 08:02 PM

"Not a problem" Kraven went to a store and bought some coca-cola. "I've got rum back at my place"

Explodey

Old 07-24-2011, 08:18 PM

"Nice!"
Rum was one of her faves. Oft as not when the days were dull she'd hang out with her old buds Richard and Thor and drink rum & cokes and watch 'Boston Legal'. Those two were crazy into 'Boston Legal' for no known reason....

"Have you ever tried Brennivin?" she asked. She hadn't. Just heard it mentioned in a song. So far none of the package stores had any idea what it was.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-24-2011, 08:29 PM

"No, I never have" Kraven didn't drink much, as he got drunk real easily. Fortunatly, he was a funny drunk, not a violent drunk.

Explodey

Old 07-24-2011, 08:31 PM

"Oh. Oh well," Explodey sighed, "I haven't either." Problem with life was, there were a lot of things out there, and maybe no one got to all of them they wanted to check out? Brennivin was something she had never tried. Deep fried Mars bars.

All those creepy crawly things they had on the 'Bizarre Foods' program on TV.

Oh well. now it was time to see what kinda place they were going to be drinking this rum in. Here's hoping descriptive was the adjective du jour, or a lot was gonna be left to chance!

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-24-2011, 08:35 PM

Kraven took Explodey to a brick house, 3 stories high. He shoed her his room, which was filled with every geeky thing imaginable.

Explodey

Old 07-24-2011, 08:41 PM

[Do I get to fill in the geeky things, since you've not cited examples or descrips? My idea of geeky might not be yours!]

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-24-2011, 08:51 PM

There are movie posters, video games, an Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo 3DS, toys, a collection of MAD magizines, A replica sword from BLADE, and a replica sword from KILL BILL.

Explodey

Old 07-24-2011, 08:59 PM

[thankee ^^]

"Ooh, you like swords, huh?" She hoped he was the sort who had actually taken some lessons tho. Last time she'd hung around someone who liked swords but had taken no classes in swordsmanship had ended in folk fleeing in terror and huge divets out of the walls and furniture.

Meanwhile, no way she was going to touch em. That whole weirdy semi-mystical, semi-ethics thing that went into the owning and handling of blades, etc. She did like the faux Hattori Hanzo tho, and wondered if Kraven knew he was a real person.

Instead, she focused on the cheesier prop from 'Blade'.

"Steven Dorff was good in that," she noted, "ever see any of the sequels?" She liked the third one, not because the film itself was any good, but because Triple H was in it.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-24-2011, 09:04 PM

"You like HHH? I'm a big fan of The Rock myself" Kraven showed Explodey his replica belts. The WWE championship, The World Heavyweight championship, and the European championship. "I was at SummerSlam 2005"

Explodey

Old 07-24-2011, 09:09 PM

"He seems pretty funny," she noted. Some of her friends were still into tabletop gaming and one guy had played a C based on The Rock. That Rock, anyway, was funny...

She checked out the belts, but as usual wondered why they made them so big! since actually wearing them would probably make a wrestler's tights fall down instead of holding them up....

"There was only one WWE show in my neighborhood, and a bunch of ladies turned out to protest it." It had been funny; she had gone to the protest too, just to see what all the fuss was about. They had shown a film claiming the show was sexist, which perhaps in some ways it was. But the protesters had also been protesting how 'gay' they thought wrestling was, and the clips they had compiled to prove this had just been really funny.

It would have been cool to get a copy of their movie, even if she didn't agree with the protest.

"went anyway. One thing that I found weird was how you can't hear the announcers, the way you can on TV. It was like this weird quiet.... all I could hear was a dull crowd roar and the guys flopping on the mats."

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-24-2011, 09:28 PM

"Some of the announcers are really annoying, so being there live is a plus" Kraven thought about her earlier blade question. "The first two were great, but the third one sucked because it was waterd down from R to PG-13"

Explodey

Old 07-24-2011, 09:41 PM

"Oh, I know. And that new character was boring. BUt I liked the idea of the vampire dogs." Triple H raised vampire dogs in the flick. Well, not Triple H personally, but the character he played on it. "I always sort of had similar questions to Bart Simpson about the undead. You know, if anything could get infected. You've seen Return of the Living Dead? the old zombie movie from the 80s?" It seemed unrelated, but she had a point going (if she could remember it after a drink or so. Explodey went thru mixed drinks like they were water. It took a LOT of booze to even look tipsy.