Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 01-25-2008, 04:14 AM

Her parents warned her not to go into the forest. Her friends dared her to. Not one to turn down a dare, she ventured into the place at night. All she had with her was a long, hooded cloak, the clothes on her back, a compass and an oil lantern. The dare was to bring back proof that she reached the abandoned castle, if the place even existed.

She doubted it, but she wouldn't let herself look like a fool in front of everyone. Even though when she came back she would be very much scolded by her parents, grounded for the rest of her life, and other bad things she could think of that parents do. Well, she was seventeen years old, wanting to do whatever she wanted.

Through the forest, about half an hour now, and a long ways away from the town, the light in her lantern flickered, and she had to put her hand near the light in hopes it wouldn't die out. The air was cold and she pulled the edges of her cloak closer together. Something about this weather just seemed...odd.

In the far-off distance, there was a building looming in the darkness. "This must be the place. It won't be too long now till I can head home," she murmured to herself. She trudged her footsteps over fallen, dead leaves the rest of the way.

((my gosh, I don't even have a name for my character yet!))