BioShock:
The Arrival of... Rapture

You are among a handful of people who have been selected to found a
NEW KIND OF CITY
built wholly on the principles of:

FREE ENTERPRISE
TOTAL INDEPENDENCE
ABSOLUTE CREATIVE FREEDOM

You have been chosen for your drive, ingenuity, creativity, and will to choose.

TOGETHER, THE BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST OF THE EARTH WILL
BUILD A NEW TOMORROW FOR THE HUMAN RACE.

OPPORTUNITY AWAITS.
THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

"I am Andrew Ryan, and I am here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

"No," says the man in Washington, "it belongs to the poor."
"No," says the man in the Vatican, "it belongs to God!"
"No," says the man in Moscow, "it belongs to everyone!"

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...

Rapture.

A city where the artist would not fear the censor,
where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality,
where the great will not be constrained by the small.

And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city, as well."
―Andrew Ryan

----------

~ La Mer ~
Storyline

Thirteen years before the events of BioShock, Rapture was a place where no man would be held back. It seemed like a... utopia for the many that were allowed passage to numerous undisclosed locations. Andrew Ryan built the great underwater city, effectively calling it "Rapture", with the help of numerous engineers, including Bill McDonagh.

Many people had traveled down into the depths of this location, and every one has a unique story to tell. Some set up businesses, others worked for the sake of their families.

Of course, a Civil War will erupt in years time, but take this time to explore Rapture with friends and family.

Because, in the end... you will have a choice to make.

----------

~ If I Didn't Care ~
Rules

1. Follow the Menewsha ToS, obviously.

2. PM all profiles to me with the subject as "BioShock".

3. Romance is allowed, but don't go over PG-16. Also, Yaoi and Yuri is allowed. Don't like it? Then deal with it or leave.

4. No god-modding

5. No posting without getting a character or profiles

6. Use OOC in this (()),[], or ooc:

7. Don't autohit/dodge/block, or the like.

8. Just PM me with the same title if you wish to be a canon (i.e, Andrew Ryan, Frank Fontaine, etc.)

9. This is a long-term rp as you can see. Don't post once and then leave! If you're gone for more
than five days I will delete your profile, unless you have a reason.

10. No one liners except if you don't have anything to say or think.

11. Don't chatspeak, and at least write one paragraph.

12. Plasmids have not been developed yet, as the starting year will be 1947, or ADAM and EVE have not been discovered.

13. As an added "fun factor" to the role play, try to make your character's own audio diary every once in a while!

----------

~ Beyond The Sea ~

Civilian Profiles
Code:
User-Name: Name: Gender: Race: Age: Biography: Year of Arrival in Rapture: (Only 1946 - 1948) Reason for Arrival/Biography: Family: Talents: (e.g. Science, combat, mechanics, etc., etc.) Allied to Ryan/Fontaine/Neutral: Accessories: Weapons: (No large weapons [Chemical Thrower, etc...] yet.) Appearance: Favorite Song: Other:

----------

Accu-Voxes

Known as "Audio Diaries" in Rapture, these devices were created very early on in before Rapture, but until now they haven't been widely distributed. Unlike other recorders, this allows perfect, clean speech from the person recording, unless they mumble or lower their voice to barely a whisper. Each Rapturian receives one when they check in, and are allowed more for purchase. Every audio diary made will be placed here to further document the life of Rapture.

Last edited by Lord Haste; 09-28-2010 at 11:47 PM..