Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-24-2010, 03:17 AM

You know there are some timeless pieces out there that inspire wonder in children of any age and spark nostalgia in the best of us. What songs do you remember that you enjoyed (and possibly still enjoy?)

I personally love the song "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" because I recently went to Disneyworld and watched the Dreams firework show. As the choral version of the song played, the fireworks came out and I choked up. It was beautiful.

I'm also surprised there are some melodramatic songs from Disney, like this one.

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 10-24-2010, 04:27 AM

I gotta say....a really epic song from Disney was "Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan. That song was amazing...and manly.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-24-2010, 05:47 AM

I agree with PB (your name is long and I wasn't sure which bit to use) but I also love "I Just Can't Wait to be King" from Lion King and "A Whole New World" from Aladdin.

Narcissus
Taking a hiatus. See my sig for ...

Old 10-24-2010, 05:54 AM

Ditto on "Man Out of You" and "I Just Can't Wait to be King".

I also really dig "Friends on the Other Side" from The Princess and the Frog, "Be Prepared" from The Lion King and of course "Poor Unfortunate Souls" from The Little Mermaid. I don't know why, but the villain songs always seem pretty epic. :D

I also liked that one that Quasimodo sings, "Out There" or whatever.

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 10-24-2010, 08:02 AM

Hellfire. The song Frollo sings in Hunchback, it is my favorite Disney song ever. So epic and dastardly evil :)

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 10-24-2010, 01:45 PM

'I Won't Say I'm In Love' from Hercules! Oh, how I love Hercules.
And 'I can go the distance'..

Sawvinnah Aodnait
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-25-2010, 12:47 AM

Definately We Are One from LionKing2 and like lunanuova said, I Won't Say I'm In Love. Meg is just an amazing animated person :)

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-25-2010, 10:55 PM

I like "In The Dark Of The Night" from Anastasia. One of the best evil songs ever in a Disney movie...now I want to actually get all the disney movies on DVD...and watch them again. I miss them old movies.

Edit: I forgot one. I also like "Be Prepared" from Lion King

Last edited by Draciolus; 10-25-2010 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: Forgot one.

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 10-26-2010, 03:43 PM

Anastacia isn't a Disney movie, but I agree that it had great songs.

I really like most of the music that's already been listed here, especially 'Hellfire' from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. My favorite songs are from Pocahontas though. 'Savages' is similar to 'Hellfire' and 'Colors Of The Wind' won a ton of awards.

Also, songs from Beauty and the Beast are also great. I actually just watched it yesterday and was surprised as to how good they were... I loved the songs that Gaston sang. He's actually a pretty awesome villain. :twisted:

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-28-2010, 06:25 AM

Anastasia was on Disney channel though! Doesn't that mean it's Disney?

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-28-2010, 09:11 AM

Zira's Lullaby always made me smile. >>;; If you listen to it, one has to wonder what its doing in a children's movie.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 10-28-2010, 05:33 PM

Zira's Lullaby from Lion King 2 was great.

I've always loved 'Wont say I'm in Love' from Hercules.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2010, 01:46 AM

I really love "Stranger's Like Me" from Tarzan. It's really adventurous and fun.

Also, agreed on "Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan. Love it! Disney songs are so great.

LadyKnightSkye
Now the Mule of Kin-Akari

Old 11-02-2010, 02:31 AM

I will also add it because I haven't seen it yet, "One of Us" from Lion King 2. Also, I would add the songs "Shadowland" and "Endless Night" from The Lion King Broadway show. If you have not heard the original cast recording and you love the music of the Lion King movie, you have to check it out!

YamiSora
~

Old 11-03-2010, 06:11 AM

Sora loves most disney musics, even for the crappy stinkquels XP
Sora has been listening to them in Japanese too LMAO

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-03-2010, 10:15 PM

Ooh!!!!! Disney songs in Japanese!!!!! EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmm...let's see...
We are one - Lion King 2
Colours of the wind - Pocahantis
Whole New World - Aladdin
Reflection - Mulan
Zira's Lullaby - Lion King 2
That song that Kiara and Kovu sing together, it's really sweet - Lion King 2
I'll probably think of more later but that's just off the top of my head.
I also agree about the Anastacia songs!

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-06-2010, 01:11 AM

Personally, my favorite has to be "I'm Still Here" from Treasure Planet. ^^ I love that song, and that movie. I still listen to the song today, and I just LOVE the theme to it.

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 11-18-2010, 03:02 PM

Most Disney songs are EPIC, they leave a lasting impression!

I love love love the songs from Disney's Enchanted. they make you want to bounce and swirl your skirt like a disney princess!

And the songs from those collaboration albums. Where the Disney starts sing old classic songs like Cruella De Ville and Circle of Life. They harmonize those songs nicely.

And I hate to admit that even though I may not really like the Jonas Brothers, I think the songs from Camp rock and Camp rock 2 are pretty cool.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-18-2010, 07:56 PM

Ah...fergot about some of the newer stuff like that. Honestly I prefer the older stuff to the newer stuff with actual acters. The old ones were better but once and again there are a few songs that're okay from the new movies...rarely. I agree about the Camp Rock songs although I haven't listened to Camp Rock 2 even though one of my friends is a HUGE JB fan!

Black Phoebe
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-21-2010, 06:00 AM

Anything by Phil Collins

I liked "You'll be in my Heart" from Tarzan

"Let me be good to you" The Great mouse Detective

"I'll make a man out of you" Mulan; really that captain guy must be gay, he rips off his shirt in front of an army of guys and starst singing broadway.

"He lives in you" The Lion King 2

and of course

"Streets of Gold" From Oliver and Company

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-21-2010, 10:41 AM

I love that one from Oliver and Company!!!!!! It is awesome!
And I hadn't thought about it that way....maybe you're right and he is gay...or bi since he's with Mulan in the second movie...

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-21-2010, 10:28 PM

My top 10 list of songs (Not in order):
Be Prepared - Lion King
Make a man out of you - Mulan
Circle of life - Lion King
Why should I worry - Oliver and Co.
Streets of Gold - Oliver and Co.
Strangers like me - Tarzan
Hell fire - The hunchback of Notre Dame
God save the outcasts - Hunchback of Notre Dame
Bells of Norte Dame - Hunchback of Norte Dame
Poor Unfortunate Soul - The Little Mermaid

I love the animation during Hellfire and God save the outcasts. It's just...wow and the vocals are so well done on all the songs in that movie. Also, all the songs in Oliver and Company are awesome as well. Old Disney just has too many great songs. It's just a shame that they don't produce awesome music and animation like they used to.

BinkaKitty
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-30-2010, 10:34 PM

i think i love too many disney songs to post all of them. :p i have the three disney's greatest CDs, as well as several other soundtracks. probably one of my most favorites tho is "everybody wants to be a cat". =^_^=

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 12-01-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
"Because a cat's the only cat, who know's where it's at..."
I love that song XD

YamiSora
~

Old 12-05-2010, 09:57 PM

oh gosh lawl
Sora has so many Disney songs he loves that he has close to over 400 on his Ipod XDD
just finished downloading all the japanese ones and now going to download French 8DD