View Poll Results: which of the songs do you like better??
SNSD - The Boys 3 75.00%
KARA - STEP 1 25.00%
WONDER GIRLS - Be My Baby 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 02:42 PM

HELLO TO ALL THE KPOP FANS OUT THERE!!! WELCOME TO THIS THREAD WERE WE TALK ABOUT ALL KPOP.
EVERY WEEK POSTED IN THIS FIRST POST WILL BE THE QUESTION OF THE WEEK. SO HOPE YOU ALL WILL ENJOY AND HAVE A FUN DISCUSSION. <(^.^)>

past questions will be posted somewhere on this thread

AS WELL AS I WILL POST UP RECENT INFORMATION ABOUT ALBUMS.

what your favourite artist(s)/groups?
what is your favourite kpop song/album??
what is your favourite drama??

*****QUESTION OF THE WEEK*****

if you were given a chance to meet and spend a day with your favorite artist(s)/group who would it be??? and what would you guys do??

***NOTE: i can't always be on to update and post on this thread, so while i am gone please be nice to each other and follow the rules of menewsha, thanks!!

Last edited by gummi; 11-14-2011 at 01:08 PM..

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-19-2011, 05:59 PM

No I haven't! I like a lot of kpop and I love SNSD, but I don't follow anything.
I ride the jpop wagon when it comes to updates, idol news, etc XD

I LOVE Coffee Prince (or 1st Shop of Coffee Prince) A Korean Drama ♥

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 11:08 PM

QUESTIONS FROM THE PAST (if you really have nothing to talk around, try these questions ^.^)

what do you think of the boom of newbie groups??
recently there has been a lot and i mean a lot of new groups that debuted...
some are great and some not so much
what do you think???
any good newbie group you would recommand??

the wonder girls cameback, what do you think of thier comeback song by my baby??? thier album??? thier concept???

lol...i like the main song that they are going to do for thier comeback, but its not one of my favs.

i havent watch coffe prince...is it good?

----------

THERE VE TO BE MORE KPOP FANS OUT THERE!!!!!

LOL COME INTRO URSELF....

wats ur fav kpop group???

----------

new kara album: winter magic (jpop)
1. winter magic
2. whisper

new snsds album: the boys (kpop)
01 The Boys
02 텔레파시 (Telepathy)
03 Say yes
04 TRICK
05 봄날 (How great is your love)
06 My J
07 OSCAR
08 Top Secret
09 Lazy Girl (Dolce Far Niente)
10 제자리걸음 (Sunflower)
11 비타민 (VITAMIN)
12 MR.TAXI (Korean Ver.)
13 The Boys (English Ver.)

Last edited by gummi; 11-14-2011 at 01:10 PM..

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-20-2011, 06:21 AM

I listen to Kpop! I've heard "The Boys" But not the rest of the album. Is it any good?
I also love SHINee, Miss A, and BoA.

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-20-2011, 11:24 PM

truthfully i like the other songs in the album better than "the boys", "How great is your love" and "say yes" is one of the songs i like, and mr.taix as well, but i prefer the jpop version to the kpop.
i love shinee as well....i hope they have a comeback soon

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-23-2011, 03:56 PM

Hm, I came to the thread thinking there'd be more discussion of the actual allkpop site instead of an album... :sweat: Allkpop is such a great source of K-pop news, and makes following the fast-paced life of K-pop just a little bit easier. One of my friends used to work as an article writer for allkpop.

I went to the recent concert they held in New Jersey, and I greatly appreciate all of the effort the allkpop staff put into making the event a success. :yes:

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2011, 04:02 PM

lol well, this was created for allkpop discussion, but it so happened that we got in the snsd album

----------

starting from now, i guess i will post up a discussion question/topic

the disscussion question for this week is...
what do you think of the young girl group GP Basic, should they debut at such young age the average age for the group is like 16.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-25-2011, 03:34 AM

Well Suzy from Miss A is only 16, isn't she? and Taemin from SHINee is 17 as far as I know. So from what I can tell Kpop stars seem to start young.

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-26-2011, 11:18 PM

ya but they have older ppl to help guide them and look up in the group,
thay can rely on thier managers nd company stuff, but it wont be the same

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-27-2011, 04:03 AM

I see what you mean. :yes: I hadn't thought of that.

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-27-2011, 07:50 AM

Yes, the site is a great place to get their news and I do keep myself updated and all. Since I do like kpop but I like other genre as well. I do like Tablo new album. The Boys album are okay, the songs are okay.

II Certified II
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 08:38 PM

Not so much of a fan of SNSD. But they're new single is OK

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2011, 04:11 PM

hew question of the week...
do you think dbsk will become one again...??
my thoughts are no i dnot think so, but as a fan i would hope they do

whisper.dust

Old 11-04-2011, 05:26 PM

i am a fan of dbsk as well
it was very disappointing when they went thier own ways
i wished they had not
i also doubt that they will regroup beucase they are in different companies and all
sm will not likely accept jyj back

----------

as for snsd, i like thier songs, but the recent one is not really my style of music
they changed a lot

II Certified II
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2011, 05:45 AM

I have never listened to DBSK.

Do you like/listen to Beast, 2PM and 2ne1?
I think Beast has this cool, heartthrob-like image and they have cool songs.
What I like about 2PM is their mature and strong image that they impose.
And of course 2ne1, this a killer group, for they are like a combo of KARA + Wonder Girls + Brown Eyed Girls.

Little Sister
A bear in avatar clothing

Old 11-05-2011, 10:55 PM

I love 2NE1, but don't listen to those others.

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-06-2011, 12:31 AM

No. I highly doubt they will EVER be one again. Yes, they were great but once they split, they split. Forming into one is just a dream and I understand you can keep having the faith but in my perspective, they will never go back to that company. They have moved on and they rather stay away. >>

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 11-06-2011, 07:43 PM

I love Kpop! I've actually listened to every group so far, even rookie groups. They're all really good in their own ways. :D

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 01:11 PM

yep i do listen to beast, 2ne1 nd 2pm
which of thier songs do u like?
i like beast, its one of the top boy groups i like
as for 2pm, will i kinda liked the the old 2pm where jaebum was still in it
i like 2ne1 as well, but their clothing style i dont really like

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Certified II View Post
I have never listened to DBSK.

Do you like/listen to Beast, 2PM and 2ne1?
I think Beast has this cool, heartthrob-like image and they have cool songs.
What I like about 2PM is their mature and strong image that they impose.
And of course 2ne1, this a killer group, for they are like a combo of KARA + Wonder Girls + Brown Eyed Girls.

----------

for rookie groups i only listen to ones that my friends recommand
there are just soooo many recently to keep up with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter_Queen View Post
I love Kpop! I've actually listened to every group so far, even rookie groups. They're all really good in their own ways. :D

----------

what other groups you listen too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Sister View Post
I love 2NE1, but don't listen to those others.

----------

Last edited by gummi; 11-08-2011 at 01:02 PM..

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons

Old 11-07-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummi View Post

for rookie groups i only listen to ones that my friends recommand
there are just soooo many recently to keep up with
True, there's apparently over 100 KPop groups now. :stare:
It'll be hard to keep up, with like, 5 new songs every week.

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 12:23 AM

wow really, thats a lot!!!
i hate it, specially when i start liking a group they go all jpop and it takes forever for them to have a comeback in korea

Quote:
True, there's apparently over 100 KPop groups now. :stare:
It'll be hard to keep up, with like, 5 new songs every week.

----------

what is it about??? i only watched coffee house not coffee prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviouslyAya View Post
No I haven't! I like a lot of kpop and I love SNSD, but I don't follow anything.
I ride the jpop wagon when it comes to updates, idol news, etc XD

I LOVE Coffee Prince (or 1st Shop of Coffee Prince) A Korean Drama ♥

----------

this week special because of the wonder girls comeback, so there will be a second discussion question
it just so happens that the wonder girls came out this week, what do you think of thier comeback song by my baby??? thier album??? thier concept???

my answer is i love thier comeback song!!! thier album, not to much....

Suigetsu
The Arbitrator

Old 11-08-2011, 04:19 AM

I love K-Pop. I think my favorite artist is Ga-In.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons

Old 11-09-2011, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummi View Post
wow really, thats a lot!!!
i hate it, specially when i start liking a group they go all jpop and it takes forever for them to have a comeback in korea

Exactly! :gonk:
I've been waiting for SHINee to return with a new Korean album but they're debuting in Japan so it's going to take forever for them to come back >.>

For the Question about rookie groups...

I reccomend Infinite! Their songs and dancing are both really good. Except for their newest song Paradise. I think it sounds kinda '70s music and the live performances for the dance has been mostly just a bunch of hip-thrusting.

Teen Top's also really good at dancing and singing, but their newest song "Don't Spray Perfume" kinda sends a bad message, even if it is super-catchy.

B1A4 is an okay rookie group, but mostly in their videos they just walk around acting cute.

Chocolat isn't very spectacular, the only reason they're causing an uproar is because they have half-caucasian half-korean members.

Block-B's okay, they kinda remind me somewhat of 2PM.

Boyfriend is actually really good, despite the fact that in their debut MV they're acting a bit too frilly, even for cute KPop songs.

Stellar's debut song "Rocket Girl" wasn't catchy until I heard Eric from Shinhwa rapping, "I need a spaceship, I need a rocket spaceship." over and over again.

M.I.B. and MYNAME are also good for rookie groups, but I haven't really payed much attention to them or the other groups that came out this year.

Overall, I think the entertainment companies need to stop spitting out new groups and trying to hit the jackpot with another supergroup. I like the major companies like SM, YG, and JYP better because they actually care about quality and don't want failed groups in their company. (Not so sure about SM though since I heard they care more about your looks than talent)

Also...I have a question. Would any of you guys ever consider auditioning to work in the Korean Entertainment Business? (I mean acting, singing, MCing, etc.)

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-10-2011, 12:00 AM

i would consider to go into the korean entertainment business, but only if i have the the talent in singing or acting. i would chose either yg or jyp cuz sm do only consider ouyr looks mostly...yg is a good company to go to because they are more chill in schedules and activities, meaning you wont over work....i most of the time the artists from sm looks super tired....thier schedule is packed...and its more competive as well...as for jyp, he is nice and nice to his artists.....i would also consider dps just because kara is in it or starship (the company of sistar and boyfriend) because of the cool songs they produced....

Quote:
Exactly! :gonk:
I've been waiting for SHINee to return with a new Korean album but they're debuting in Japan so it's going to take forever for them to come back >.>

For the Question about rookie groups...

I reccomend Infinite! Their songs and dancing are both really good. Except for their newest song Paradise. I think it sounds kinda '70s music and the live performances for the dance has been mostly just a bunch of hip-thrusting.

Teen Top's also really good at dancing and singing, but their newest song "Don't Spray Perfume" kinda sends a bad message, even if it is super-catchy.

B1A4 is an okay rookie group, but mostly in their videos they just walk around acting cute.

Chocolat isn't very spectacular, the only reason they're causing an uproar is because they have half-caucasian half-korean members.

Block-B's okay, they kinda remind me somewhat of 2PM.

Boyfriend is actually really good, despite the fact that in their debut MV they're acting a bit too frilly, even for cute KPop songs.

Stellar's debut song "Rocket Girl" wasn't catchy until I heard Eric from Shinhwa rapping, "I need a spaceship, I need a rocket spaceship." over and over again.

M.I.B. and MYNAME are also good for rookie groups, but I haven't really payed much attention to them or the other groups that came out this year.

Overall, I think the entertainment companies need to stop spitting out new groups and trying to hit the jackpot with another supergroup. I like the major companies like SM, YG, and JYP better because they actually care about quality and don't want failed groups in their company. (Not so sure about SM though since I heard they care more about your looks than talent)

Also...I have a question. Would any of you guys ever consider auditioning to work in the Korean Entertainment Business? (I mean acting, singing, MCing, etc.)

----------

and when they do comeback thier style changes....for the better or worst
i wonder when sm will debut another group...

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons

Old 11-10-2011, 12:37 AM

True about how SM's employees always looks tired. Whenever I see them on variety shows, they're always saying they're tired and such. :( I wish SM would let them get more rest.

Have you noticed that most SM groups are doing the same exact things in their videos lately? They might be singing completely different songs, but they're pretty much all dancing in oddly lit rooms for half of the video and the other half is mostly close-ups of the member's faces. :stare:

I miss the days when they were actually doing things in their MVs instead of dancing while trapped in random places...