Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-04-2014, 11:57 PM

Ah, yeah, I hate stuff like that. No one can bothered to take 5 seconds to google anything. Gu-li-ble.

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 04-05-2014, 12:00 AM

I know right? I'm like IT'S NOT THAT HARD! CHECK YO' FACTS!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-05-2014, 12:06 AM

A friend and I (both psychology undergrads) made a tumblr blog for debunking all the BS "psychology facts" that float around tumblr without any credibility whatsoever. We don't post on it much, just when we're feeling grumpy and the wrong post crosses our paths.

Psychology Fact Check

She's much better at citing sources to the contrary while I just sort of grumble like "how could you even think that's right I shouldn't have to cite anything to tell you that's wrong your brain should tell you it's wrong if you think for like half a second"

steelmagghia

Old 04-05-2014, 12:07 AM

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I might have to sign up for tumblr just to follow this!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-05-2014, 12:10 AM

Beware, tumblr will suck you in and never let you go.

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-05-2014, 12:15 AM

I'm following it now! This post worries me. I have panic attacks and tend to pick at my nails/bite my lips. I don't wanna diagnose myself but I don't have insurance at the moment either. My tumblr is full of kawaii, pink things, Japanese street fashion, Korean fashion, interior design, etc. Also the selca page is for my photos.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-05-2014, 12:22 AM

Well, it's first important to differentiate between actual panic attacks and bouts of severe anxiety. Wikipedia has the diagnostic criteria pulled straight from the DSM 5, so that's reliable.

I get things that I thought were panic attacks, but I really don't think they qualify. I'll get anxious to the point where I can't speak, I'll be crying without really knowing why, and I'll shake. But I'll still have the presence of mind to be able to, say, text a friend to try to make me feel better, keep a somewhat outwardly calm appearance, quietly excuse myself, etc. I won't feel impending doom or anything like that.

BUT, regardless of if what you get are true panic attacks or not, the fact that you think they are shows there's at least a problem with anxiety. That can definitely be helped by seeing a therapist whenever you're financially able. If you're in college, you might want to see if they offer any mental health help; my college offers free short-term therapy to all students.

My tumblr is full of everything. Right now it's very weird because I was nightblogging last night. Usually there are more pretty things.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 04-05-2014 at 12:25 AM..

steelmagghia

Old 04-05-2014, 12:25 AM

Alrighty, I need to finish up inking this dragon. Be back in a bit!

---------- Post added 04-04-2014 at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
I get things that I thought were panic attacks, but I really don't think they qualify. I'll get anxious to the point where I can't speak, I'll be crying without really knowing why, and I'll shake. But I'll still have the presence of mind to be able to, say, text a friend to try to make me feel better, keep a somewhat outwardly calm appearance, quietly excuse myself, etc. ...
Heh, I get that when my hypoglycemia kicks in. Shaky, panicky, clammy...but you know, having really low blood sugar and near passing out will do that for a person.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-05-2014, 12:29 AM

Mags is tattooing a dragon! That's badass!

steelmagghia

Old 04-05-2014, 12:31 AM

*snrk* Hahaha, yep, you know me. Tattoo artist to the mythical beasts. You'd be surprised how many unicorns have tramp stamps. *waggles eyebrows*

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-05-2014, 12:48 AM

I think you need to put "tattoo artist to mythical beasts" on your resume! STAT!

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-05-2014, 12:48 AM

I'm almost positive it's panic attacks I've been having. I had them a lot two years ago but lately, they've been back and worse than before. Accelerated heart rate, feelings like I can't breathe/choking, chest pains, de-realization, hot flashes, and sense of impending death. That last one is the big one/most intense one and freaks me out pretty bad. It used to only happen at night but since Feb, it's been nearly happening while I'm riding in the car with someone.

I'm not in college at the moment but hopefully I'll have insurance soon so I'll be able to see someone about it. I told my grandparents recently and they kinda freaked out because they'd been going on for so long without me telling them but I didn't want them to worry (they're overprotective.) I went to a therapist before but it didn't go well. She kept asking me the same question over and over again when I answered truthfully that nothing was wrong. I think she was mostly for children abused by parents and awful things like that.

I like your url. I think you'd like my girlfriends blog. You posted something Panic! so I have to link you haha. She loves Panic! We went to the concert in Atlanta. The building broke so we were evacuated and we didn't get to see them sing but two songs so we're going to the concert in St. Augustine next month, I think.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-05-2014, 01:42 AM

If you've got the de-realization and impending death, yes, I'd say it's an actual panic attack (in my completely unprofessional opinion). Seek a therapist when you can, but in the meantime, you might be able to find some tips for coping online?

Oh my gosh, I think I heard about that show! Everyone dancing broke the floor? Y'all rocked too hard. I'm just getting into Panic. The few songs of theirs I had heard before were not very good, but then I just recently heard "This is Gospel" and now I'm in love. I've listened to some more of their stuff and now it seems like those few I didn't like were the exception, not the rule. They're a super cheap show near me this summer with some other bands I've heard a bit from and like, so I'm gonna go see them!

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-05-2014, 01:53 AM

Yeah, I figured that's what they are. Took me a long time to realize though. The last time I almost had one was on a car ride that took about forty minutes and I got out my 3DS when I felt like I was going to have one. Having that to focus on, the panic attack didn't happen but I still felt awful, even when I'd gotten out of the car.

The floor was cracked. It was three stories and my girlfriend and I were on the balcony sitting down while people below us were on the floor in front of the stage. Looking up from the floor below where most of the people were standing, there was this giant crack in the ceiling so they evacuated, refunded tickets, and we got them for next month instead of going back to Atlanta again.

Alright! That sounds awesome. They're actually going to be coming about thirty minutes away from me to do a show at the university but I don't wanna go without my girlfriend since we've had Panic! concerts planned since forever. She wouldn't be able to go because of school then the next one's in Atlanta again but also can't go because of school so we're going to the one after that. xD

That reminds me. If you like Panic!, you might like The Colourist. They've been touring with them. I'm in love and they have a girl drummer/singer!

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 04-07-2014, 02:58 AM

My sister (right) and I (left) earlier tonight. ^^
In a few hours it will be her birthday! She's turning 17... T_TT

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-07-2014, 03:01 AM

What a nice pic! I hope she has a great birthday. :D

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-07-2014, 03:03 AM

Ohhh, Happy early Birthday!

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 04-07-2014, 03:07 AM

Thanks Jelly!! I hope so too, especially since she has to go to school on her birthday. xD
But we took her out earlier today, some clothes shopping and dinner at her favorite Chinese Café.

Phaena: On behalf of my sister, "Thank you! :D"

steelmagghia

Old 04-07-2014, 03:34 AM

Happy birthday Vanora sister!

Oh and since I talked about inking my dragon, I'll go ahead and post the piece here.

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-07-2014, 04:14 AM

It's my birthday!

Old pic but I'll be wearing this to the group birthday party Wednesday if the weather's nice.

steelmagghia

Old 04-07-2014, 04:18 AM

Happy birthday Phaena! And cute outfit!

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-07-2014, 04:19 AM

Thanks! Whenever I get new clothes, I never want to take them off.

Little I3ird
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-07-2014, 05:53 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHAENA!

~ x ~

Finally gaining enough courage to post a couple of pictures of myself!

The first one is kind of old. The second is relatively recent, except now my hair is almost mid-back length. Thinking about cutting it again but... eh. It's taken me forever to grow it out.

Pffft~ Phaena, you have me wondering about what I should wear for my birthday later this month. xD Cute outfit, btw!

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-07-2014, 06:07 AM

Thank you! ^^

I like your necklace and stupid question that you've probably gotten a lot but did your piercing hurt? I'm no fashion expert or anything but I love helping others pick out outfits if you need any help.

PS: For some reason, I imagined you with glasses. Benjamin's fault probably.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 04-07-2014, 06:53 AM

@ steel - Is that a Smaug reference? Just curious because of the red spot on the chest