Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 09-11-2012, 09:32 AM

"okay." Esshy said turning her attention back to her queen. She nibbled on her lip in worry and didn't register the guardian's question right away. "I'm Esshy, I led them back out here to find you." She seemed to be absent mindedly chittering as she looked worried over Kiyoshi. "The elders think that our Queen is dead, and they blame the under-dwellers for it. The wise one sent me on a mission to save your kind. She knows that the earthquake was sent wrongly... but we didn't have the power to stop it. She looked up as Keji spoke directly to her.

"I..I don't know. I'm not a healer. . . I'm not anything. But she's gotta make it. The leader was wrong, she had no right to send this upon you guys." The small surface elf sighed in despair. "i don't know what else i can do..."

Lyra touched the girls shoulder after a couple tries, and was startled to find the girls skin cooler to the touch like Keji's. "We take them up." She paused, " Is your Queen heavy? I may be blind, but I'm sure I could lift her. That way you won't burn yourselves on her skin."

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 09-11-2012, 05:22 PM

Keji carefully reached for Kiyoshi, thinking to pass her to Lyra. He met the hiss of an angry guardian.

"The battle is over," he said, his white eyes narrowing. "Let us help her." The scent of blood and anger filled the air, and it was making Keji sick. "You don't have to do this alone."

Sephiroth knew they were suggesting what was right. Still, it was hard to give up the woman he held. The silver-haired male finally loosened his hold on her, allowing Keji to lift Kiyoshi and pass her to Lyra. The guardian ignored the lingering heat from the surface elf's skin. If anything, he didn't mind it. Not that much.

Keji muttered something about the elf being lighter than a human girl. Passing her to Lyra, the elf frowned. "Are you sure you can carry her?" Esshy could do it, after all. Or . . . hopefully. "We have a long ways to go."

Shara spat, looking annoyed. "The smell of blood be drawing the predators, yes? We be moving now." The metallic-skinned creature headed back the way they'd come.

Keji merely wrinkled his nose and headed after her. "Follow my voice, Lyra. You're strong enough to make it there."
-

Sephiroth stubbornly refused help of any sort. After he was on his feet, the tall elf grit his teeth and ignored the pain that surged through him. He'd been slammed around a bit, and there was a row of claw marks running down his chest. He was sore. He was bleeding. But he was more interested in getting Kiyoshi to safety.

Obviously, this group knew the way out. There must have been a place where they'd entered the caves. They were ready, and that meant they could be free.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 12-01-2012, 09:28 PM

"I should be perfectly capable of carrying her." She paused as she adjusted to the weight of the Queen as she was passed over. "If I have any trouble Esshy could help me." She turned her unseeing eyes on Keji, "Just lead me back to the surface. I will make it. Let's just get them somewhere they can be taken care of." The smell of all the blood was making her nauseous. And Lyra could smell the beast that had caused so much blood not far away. It was rank, and she just wanted to get away from it. As strong as her hearing was due to a lack of sight, her sense of smell had gotten a fair upgrade from normal humans sense of smell as well. She couldn't imagine what it was like for the elves.

Esmme

Old 07-30-2013, 03:55 AM

((Why on earth didn't I reply to this? This is so good!!

Are you interested in continuing the story, Shadami? :)))

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-30-2013, 11:46 AM

(most definetly. :D )

Esmme

Old 08-04-2013, 07:43 PM

((haha, ask if you want to start it up, then I wander off again...))

Kej nodded, looking impressed by the grit that Lyra showed. He touched her arm lightly before stepping ahead. The male glanced at the guardian, trying to ignore how battle worn he was. Every step Sephiroth took looked like it took ten times the effort it should. Kej's white eyes flickered over his companions, finally settling on Nakeit. He reached out as he passed the creature, scruffing it's fur. This little thing was quite the companion....

"Years ago, I was with a scouting party," Kej stopped breathing through his nose, trying to ignore the scent of blood and matted fur. "There is an exit down this tunnel. It leads to an easy path to the surface." Silently, he prayed that the earthquake hadn't closed it off. If that was the case, they could very well have to travel through the tunnels and through the city once again. While it might have been safer, it would also take many hours. Who knew how long Sepiroth had until his energy reserves caved? Not even three of them could carry the guardian out of the caves safely. It wasn't going to happen.

Kej stepped ahead of everyone, scouting ahead a bit and returning to them every few minutes. As long as they stayed out of trouble, they would be fine.

-

Sephiroth's eyes lingered on Esshy. He seemed feral toward her, which was reasonable. She was a surface elf, not one of his kind. He hated her just as much as he hated every one of them.

The guardian favored his leg even more now, and as his adrenaline began to wear off after a few minutes, he realized just how much damage the Owlkin had done. His chest had been raked open by claws, and was still bleeding (though everyone politely tried to ignore it). He'd been tossed around a bit, and everything was sore and aching. Sephiroth reached up to wipe blood from his temple. The elf had literally received a beating that would have killed anyone else, including Kej.

As they traveled, Sephiroth stubbornly refused to call a rest. It was Kej who was forced to do so after the guardian nearly collapsed for a second time since they'd started.

"We keep moving," Sephiroth growled, looking frustrated.

Kej shook his head, motioning for the others to stop. "We need our strength, guardian. The rest of us need the rest." He wisely avoided mentioning Sephiroth's condition, and moved the blame onto everyone else's shoulders. "Lyra can't carry someone this long without a rest."

Sephiroth fell silent, finally reaching for the wall and leaning against it. He said nothing, but it was the closest thing they would receive to an agreement. They would have their rest. There was no other option, really. Sephiroth seemed too exhausted to continue, though he stubbornly continued on. He was reaching the very last thread of his endurance, and it was steadily becoming more obvious.

Kej reached for Lyra, helping her lower Kiyoshi to the ground. "How are you doing?" he asked quietly, regarding Kiyoshi's dark hair for a moment before looking back up to Lyra.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-05-2013, 04:27 PM

(oops wrong tab. give me a minute i have to read everything you posted to come up with a good reply)

Nakeit flicked his tail a couple times at the pat, but growled anyways. He was a guardian himself, not a pet. But that didn't stop him from liking the pet. It was obvious to as he hadn't lunged out or anything, just happily stood there and took it. It's eyes flicked over all the strange colors of the elves and human around him and shook his head, choosing to stay close to the guardian. Meaning he could watch there untrustworthy backs.

Esshy slid her arm under the Queen in silence to help take some of the weight off the blind girl. She said nothing to let the proud female know that she was getting help. Though she was sure that Lyra could tell.

Lyra nodded her acceptance of the help, but said nothing as well. She would have smiled if she were not concentrating on everything she could pick up with her working senses. She didn't want to fall, and it would be slow going on the uneven terrain. Especially after the cave in earlier. She was convinced there would be large rocks that she would not forsee. She moved on, surprised by her sadness when she could tell that Kej had moved away. He's scouting ahead. She told herself everytime, what's wrong with you.

Every so often Esshy would nudge her, or whisper about something that she might trip over. After awhile the scent of iron that was so distinct for blood finally started to fade; and she let out a sigh of relief. It had been truly over powering her senses. "Thank you." She mumbled to Esshy, embaressed. "I may have been able to do this without help if it weren't for the blood."It wasn't gone, as Queen Kiyoshi, and the Guardian were still coated in it. But at least the foul monster, and the actual scene was now far behind them.

"You're welcome."She replied quietly.
Esshy looked relieved herself as shortly after, Kej called a halt when he returned again from scouting ahead. The group was so ragged at this point. She didn't know how the one was even standing, let alone walking. He looked like he was ready to faint as well. But she wisely kept her mouth shut, used to being very low on the chain of power.
She touched Lyra's arm gently. "I'm going to let go now." She whispered, before slipping back out from the shared weight and moving a bit away.
She desperately wanted to go help Sephiroth. But knew her place. "If there is anything I can do to help..."She wasn't sure what could be done. Stand guard maybe?

Lyra smiled when Kej approached her to help Kiyoshi down. So that's why she let go. "I am doing okay. Thank you Kej. " She made sure the Queen was gently set down before looking towards his voice. "I do need a rest though.." She admitted, "but it is good to be away from... " She chose to leave the statement hanging. Not sure how to finish it off. She'd almost said slaughter site, and that felt a little to accurate to be said outloud. "Do you have any idea how much further we have to go to reach the surface?"

Last edited by Shadami; 08-05-2013 at 05:10 PM..

Esmme

Old 08-09-2013, 02:07 AM

"We need to get him bandaged," Keji said quietly, eyeing the guardian warily. "He isn't healing." The words might have seemed strange to her, but to whoever knew the guardian they were true. Sephiroth should be healing by now. His energy reserves were empty, if not running on fumes.

The elf sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I would appreciate your help bandaging your queen as well," Keji said, smiling grimly. Slowly, he lifted a small bag that he'd had with him when they traveled. Luckily, it was full of things that could be turned into bandages. It wouldn't get both of the wounded companions bandaged completely, but it would at least help stop the blood flow.

"The queen first," Keji whispered, knowing that Sephiroth's sensitive hearing picked up on his breathed comment.

Looking to Lyra, his cold fingers brushed over her arm as he passed. "You're welcome. We all could use the rest." His smile was grim as he checked Kiyoshi's pulse. She was going to be alright, or so it seemed. Just unconscious, and hurt. At Lyra's question, the elf frowned. "At this rate, perhaps half a day. We should be out of here by dawn." It was unrealistic to aim for nightfall, for they were traveling at the pace of a herd of snails. Which were stuck in molasses.

Keji motioned Esshy over, carefully tearing a few bandages in preparation. "Lyra, do you have any water with you?" He honestly hadn't checked if anyone had any, but it would be useful in cleaning the queen's wounds - and the guardian's.

-

From the shadows, Shara watched them with glowing eyes. She'd never liked the guardian. She'd never liked much of anyone, really. The woman hunkered down a few feet away, trying to ignore the scent of blood that lingered in the cavern. Her nose wrinkled, and it wasn't long before Shara ended up moving even farther off. She hated these people. Every single one of them.

Sephiroth watched Shara go with a watchful gaze. That one was unpredictable, at best. Once she was out of sight, the male's blue eyes moved down to his wounds. Honestly, it was a miracle he'd gotten as far as he had. Even he knew that. It was polite of the others to give him the dominance he wanted, but perhaps it was time to clean up a bit. He didn't want to risk not making it to the surface.

The guardian had finally rested himself against the stone wall, concentrating on breathing. He heard Keji's whispered words, but instead of hating the fact that he would receive help, he nearly welcomed it. Well, at least mentally. Closing his eyes, Sephiroth pressed a hand to the widest gash along his chest. The feeling brought a shock of pain through him, and adrenaline brought energy to his mind once again.

Glancing over to the others, he realized that the blind girl was with them. Of course. A blind girl underground. How could that ever go wrong? Sephiroth hissed in a breath as he pulled his hand away. Alright, so it was bad. Really bad. Like, if he didn't receive medical attention in the next few hours, he could potentially not be making it out of the caverns alive.

Just like that, his energy crashed once again. Sephiroth leaned back again, unable to think of a clear solution. Perhaps the others would help him. Perhaps they would comply with his earlier demands, and not offer aid. Either way, he couldn't think anymore. The only thing he could think of was how vulnerable they were - of how vulnerable Kiyoshi had been during the attack.

"Is she alright?" he asked weakly, surprised by how sluggish his words came to his lips. Sephiroth slowly opened his eyes, noticing that everything was moving through some kind of fog.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-11-2013, 02:00 AM

(i can't recall if they had taken water with them from the 'jail' So i'm just going to pretend that Lyra had some in her bag. I'm a little. off my writing game tonight. But going to attempt it)

"Oh of course!" Esshy hit herself mentally for not thinking of doing that immediately. She knelt by the Queen's side and helped to bandage her Queen up. "The Queen will be okay, right?" She said quietly after they got her bandaged up on the most severe cuts. "I know our kind our enemies... but I really don't want anything else to happen to all of you." She didn't wait for an answer as she was embarrassed, and took the rest of the cloths over to Sephiroth, prepared to ignore any protests he might shoot at her, and any attacks he might try to land on her. He was in rough shape and needed it. Even Keji had said so.

She did not expect what came out of his mouth, nor the look of not really being there in his eyes. "Get over here and help me now! " She yelled in a bit of a panic. The guardian looked like he was going to die. She used the water Lyra had given them from her bag to quickly wash away some of the dirt and dried blood on the largest cuts and started wrapping them up as fast as she could. He didn't even seem to be fighting, the way he had been acting, and from stories. This was a horrible sign. "S-she's o-okay." She said with a shaking voice, as she worked. "She's all cleaned up and bandaged, and now she's getting some needed rest after everything she's been through."

Esmme

Old 08-11-2013, 07:01 AM

((Yeah, I couldn't remember if water was brought with them either. ^__^" A good place to keep it would have been with Lyra, though! :D And not to worry! We'll get into the rhythm of posting again eventually. lol!))

"She'll be tired and sore," the elf said with a chuckle. "It will pass."

As they cleaned and bandaged Kiyoshi, Keji's white eyes flickered up to Esshy. Her words surprised him, but what surprised him even more was what he felt in return. This girl had done nothing but help them. She deserved more than gratitude and respect.

"You're kind to worry," Keji said, tying off the last bandage for the unconscious queen. "We'll do our best to stay out of harm's way, and to keep it from falling to you." With a friendly smile, the elf turned his attention to Lyra. He thanked her quietly for the water, and stood.

Esshy had already gone over to help the guardian. Her panicked words caught his attention, and Keji swiftly joined her.

Sephiroth was no longer fighting their aid. He just ... sat there. As Esshy swiftly began to clean his wounds, the guardian hissed a breath through his teeth. Alright, so they stung. A lot. Suddenly, Esshy's wrist was caught in a grip so tight, it caused her fingers to tingle from lack of blood flow immediately.

The unsteady look in his eyes was what frightened Keji the most. What was he thinking? What was he seeing? "Guardian," Keji said quietly, trying not to startle him. "You need aid. We're here to help you." His voice was soothing, as though comforting a wild creature. Slowly, he reached up and began to pull Sephiroth's hand away from Esshy. "At ease, Guardian."

Sephiroth's blue eyes stayed locked on Esshy's gaze for a long while before he finally released her. When she went back to her work, the male grit his teeth and struggled to keep himself from lashing out. At least he was awake now. Unsteady, but not fading. Or, for the first few moments, that's how it was. The cleaning process was the most difficult, as it actually caused pain. Keji was sure to keep Sephiroth's hands away from Esshy until she began bandaging him. That was when the guardian fell still.

Esshy's words seemed to finally get through to him. As Sephiroth closed his eyes, falling back against the wall once more, he huffed a weary breath. "Foolish woman had better live."

Keji was silent as they bandaged Sephiroth, finally backing away to give the guardian space. He didn't look better, exactly, but at least he wasn't bleeding out as quickly. His pupil-less eyes turned to Esshy once more. "You should rest. We all should." He shook dark hair from his face and used some of the remaining water to wash his hands clean. His kind was dying out. There were three of them now, and the guardian....

Keji shook his head, sitting beside Lyra. If the guardian fell, then Shara and himself would fade into nothing. There was no hope without a guardian.

Thoughts weighed heavily on him as the male reached out to finger a bit of Lyra's hair. Unsure of what to say, he stayed silent.

((Didn't we have someone coming to try and kill Kiyoshi? O__O We're going to have to get these guys healed up real quick here... hehe))

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 02:04 PM

Esshy jumped with a start, barely managing to clamp her mouth closed so as to not let the startled scream escape. She could feel her heart pounding as the circulation in her hand was cut off. Than as suddenly as the Guardian seemed to catch his strength, it faded again. "Thanks" She squeaked to Keji for helping get Sephiroth's grip lose. Quietly, she went back to work, almost admiring him for still being alive after this much damage. But he was also foolish for pushing himself so hard.

'Did we leave the rope at the cave in?' She wondered to herself as she and Keji rushed to finish the bandaging process. 'Would the group that was on their way to kill the Queen see it? Had they made it to the cave yet?' Esshy was sure that they had by now. But how long would it take them to catch up, when they would be traveling unknown territory, even though they were chasing ... well... cripples. "The Queen will live." She stated heavily, standing up and moving as quickly away from the guardian without looking as if she was fleeing in terror as she could. Than nodded at Keji and took his suggestion, moving over near the Queen so she could keep an eye on her as she rested.

Lyra was thinking similar things as everyone else, with the addition of listening intently for the sounds of followers. She was very thankful that she could sense nothing at all that would indicate the party of guards had caught up to them yet. Absent minded-ly she smiled as Keji's cold fingers passed through her hair. There was something nice about all of this adventure at least. Whatever the outcome turned out to be.

Lady Kiara smiled triumphantly as they reached the cave entrance. Now was her time to shine! Those that had killed the Queen would pay! And perhaps she could become the next in line.
Sir Lenwar signaled a halt at the entrance, something was wrong. He could smell one of their own kind that hadn't been with the group all along. Something was going on in that cave. He narrowed his eyes. "Be on the look out. Someone is alive in here." He gave the order quietly, and the rest of the troop nodded.
Lady Kiara however scowled at having to take his orders.

Esmme

Old 12-01-2013, 08:28 AM

((Oops. I'll be posting in this as soon as I'm able! :)))

Esmme

Old 12-03-2013, 02:04 PM

Keji watched over the group in silence. It was almost an hour later when he gently touched Lyra's arm. "We should go." Catching Esshy's attention as well, the elf stood. When he looked to Sephiroth, he was immediately relieved. The Guardian was healing at a rapid pace - he was back to normal.

Seeing how Sephiroth's gaze lingered on Kiyoshi, Keji interceded immediately by lifting the queen into his own arms. He forgot, though, that he wouldn't be able to touch her for very long. His cold blood made it nearly painful to stay in contact with a surface creature. "Let's go." Keji ignored the irritated expression on Sephiroth's face and watched as the Guardian took the lead. He knew where they were going.

Once Sephiroth's back was turned, Keji swiftly looked to Esshy. The discomfort of holding Kiyoshi was already bothering him to a great extent. It was like standing too close to a fire after being out in the snow - it burned to hold the queen. Offering Kiyoshi out to Esshy, the male smiled grimly. It was obvious that he didn't want Lyra carrying the woman.

A loud hiss drew Keji's attention, and his pupil-less eyes immediately locked on the Guardian. "We cannot afford to draw attention to ourselves," he said as loudly as he dared, glaring at Shara as she crouched and hissed at Sephiroth once again. Surely that sound would carry through the caves. "Be silent, Shara. This isn't the time for your rebellion."