Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:19 PM

Welcome to the Goblin Storyteller's Booth

A young woman clad in an assortment of articles of clothing sits behind the booth. She is surrounded by books, scrolls of parchment, and feathered quills (some broken, some not). One particular book is open before her, its pages blank. She is writing upon its pages, her quill moving swiftly, never pausing. Her eyes are completely hidden behind a pair of purple-tinted goggles; absently, you wonder how she can see through such dark lenses.

As you watch her curiously, wondering what place she has in this fantastic circus, she seems to realize that you are there and looks up.

"Well, hello there," she murmurs in a full, deep voice, her quill continuing to write even as she lifts her eyes from the page. "A visitor to my booth? You are looking for your story, my lovely, are you not?"

She taps the point of the quill on the page with an air of finality and tosses the book aside, not caring to see where it lands. Reaching down to a pile of scrolls at her feet, she selects one and lays it out before her on the booth. Her full lips curl up in a smile as she continues to gaze at you (or so you assume; you can't really see her eyes through those goggles), her quill poised above the parchment, ready to write.

"Now, tell me what you are wanting in your story, lovely," she murmurs; somehow you feel that it is an order, not a request. "Let me warn you however, that the quill has a mind of its own; it will take your words into account, but the ultimate weaving of the tale it will decide on its own...."

Your story request spills from your lips; willingly or not, you later wonder? The Goblin Storyteller smiles and nods. "Very well. My quill will begin its work. Meanwhile, if you wish to rest your legs from walking around the circus grounds, or simply stay and converse with me as the quill works, feel free to use one of those."

She nods to a spot beside the booth. Looking over, you see a group of chairs set up. Sitting down in one, you find that it is surprisingly more comfortable than it looks....

Last edited by Goblin Maiden; 06-26-2009 at 09:03 PM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-24-2009, 07:20 PM

Story Request Form:

Quote:
USERNAME:
GENRE (fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, etc):
DEFINING TOPIC(S) (love, war, school, fairies, cupcakes, wolves, etc. etc.) [choose up to five]:
LENGTH (# of paragraphs, pages, etc. Up to 3 Microsoft Word pages):
MENEWSHA AVATARS INVOLVED (yours, another user's, none, etc.):
EXTRA DETAILS (warning: the quill may choose to take details into account or ignore them as it pleases):
METHOD OF SENDING (PM, e-mail, post, etc. [Note: longer stories are best sent by PMs or e-mail):
The Goblin Storyteller will not write stories involving kiddie\work unsafe material. So please do not ask; it makes the quill ornery.

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-24-2009, 07:21 PM

SLOTS:

1. oHsoDemandinG
2. Hyda
3. Princess Cupcake
4. Wendy Darling
5. Silverbeam (trade)

Slots will fill and empty as the Goblin Storyteller receives and completes requests.

Completed:

Number, name, method sent.

1. Ivvy; e-mail
2. Emma Corrin; e-mail
3. sadrain; e-mail
etc.

Last edited by Goblin Maiden; 06-26-2009 at 08:56 PM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-24-2009, 07:23 PM

COST:

No charge! However, tips are always accepted in any form (gold, art, hugs, etc.). Tip according to your level of satisfaction.

Tips Received:

105.20 g from Emma Corrin!

Last edited by Goblin Maiden; 06-25-2009 at 11:32 PM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-24-2009, 07:24 PM

Reserved

Open! =D

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 06-24-2009, 08:02 PM

OMG I want one of these! You are awesome for this.. and umm I kind of want a long one if you will make it for me. >.<

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-24-2009, 08:03 PM

It depends on what you mean by "long." =D Is it going to be more than 3 pages on Word?

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-24-2009, 08:07 PM

USERNAME:Ivvy
GENRE (fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, etc):fantasy/mystery you know epic like. >.<
DEFINING TOPIC(S) (love, war, school, fairies, cupcakes, wolves, etc. etc.) [choose up to five]:Love, fairies, conflict(not war persay) friendship, personal discovery
LENGTH (# of paragraphs, pages, etc. Up to 3 Microsoft Word pages):umm the longest one you offer please
MENEWSHA AVATARS INVOLVED (yours, another user's, none, etc.):Ivvy, 2katty2, Fiziali, St. Branny, Rinni
EXTRA DETAILS (warning: the quill may choose to take details into account or ignore them as it pleases):Rinni is actually a male and my hubby IRL if maybe this character is my love intrest if the quill sees it fit. :) Kat and Fizi are female and Branny is male. That is all my extra info >.<
METHOD OF SENDING (PM, e-mail, post, etc. [Note: longer stories are best sent by PMs or e-mail): I will post it and PM it. :)

Thank you so much, This is an amazing idea. :)

Umm for long I mean however long you wish it to be. I like to read all kinds of things. and to have a personal story would be awesome. So if insperation takes you feel free. If not I will be more than happy with what I get. :)

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 PM

All right, I've got it and you've been added into the first slot. =D

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-24-2009, 08:18 PM

Thank you so much. I look forward to seeing what the quill has in store for me. :)

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-24-2009, 08:21 PM

This is a really cute idea!
I'd love it if you could write one for me <3

USERNAME: Emma Corrin
GENRE (fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, etc): Hmmm, Fantasy probably :3
DEFINING TOPIC(S) (love, war, school, fairies, cupcakes, wolves, etc. etc.) [choose up to five]: Friendship, Cupcakes, Cookies, Books, Library
LENGTH (# of paragraphs, pages, etc. Up to 3 Microsoft Word pages): Whatever you feel inspired to write ;D
MENEWSHA AVATARS INVOLVED (yours, another user's, none, etc.): Mine, ReiyukaE, and say-i-love-you
EXTRA DETAILS (warning: the quill may choose to take details into account or ignore them as it pleases): ReiyukaE is my sister, say-i-love-you is my friend
If you wish to use names, you can use the following: Emma = Megan, Reiyuka = Ellie, say-i = Kaitlyn (I call her Katie-lynn on occasion)
Maybe have it themed in a library where we're all reading novels and there's only one cupcake left so we start acting wacky over the last cupcake and trying to decide who gets it - and then I randomly have a craving for cookies so we all forget about the cupcake and try to figure out how to get cookies now 'cause we're all craving cookies after I mention it? XD
We're all girls by the way :3
say-i-love-you and I are in our very late teens, ReiyukaE is in her twenties :3
METHOD OF SENDING (PM, e-mail, post, etc. [Note: longer stories are best sent by PMs or e-mail): E-mail is fine - I'll PM you my e-mail addy if you wish to send it that way - if not, then feel free to PM it :3

I can't wait to read the story if you have inspiration enough to write it <33

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-24-2009, 08:24 PM

All right, Emma, you have been added to the second slot. =D Meanwhile, please have a seat and feel free to chat with me! I don't often get chatters.... They think that I need to concentrate, when it's really the quill doing most of the work....

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-24-2009, 08:26 PM

Lol~
Thankies! <3
And of course I'll stick around and chat ^.^

How are you enjoying the event so far?

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-24-2009, 08:30 PM

I am having a blast! It's so much fun talking to everyone and seeing them make new avvis for the Circus and everything. =D Right now, for instance, I'm in another hang-out where we're just throwing random things for reasons I've forgotten. =P

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-24-2009, 08:31 PM

lol I am still here to chat as well. I just go poof into other threads a lot as I have to keep my stickies updated for the contests >.< lol

Goblin.. would that be the knife throw for prizes?

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-24-2009, 08:33 PM

Nope. =D It's a hang-out thread. I think it was something about propeller hats and I forget what else.

Yeah. That thread can get kind of random. ^__^

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-24-2009, 08:34 PM

@Goblin: I know what you mean :3
People can get really creative in their outfits for events :3

Lol!
The only contests I've been in are the "Name That Song" one and the "Catch the Circus Performers" (or titles similar to those) :3
Is that one fun?

@Ivvy: Hiya ^.^
I know what ya mean - I keep going poof as well as my RPs get posted in :3

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-24-2009, 08:35 PM

My RPs are kind of slow today. And I am in a lot. O__O;;;

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-24-2009, 08:36 PM

@ Goblin.. ahh lol that is interesting. :)

@ Emma.. yes RP will make you go poof. I have not RPed in forever. I just never found a partner that would put up with me after my friend stoped RPing. I am not the best and still getting it down really.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-24-2009, 08:43 PM

@Goblin: Lol~
My friend actually just -stopped- RPing :3
Generally mine are pretty slow~
Though a couple have had a lot of posts a day :3
They're all private so if one isn't on, the RP kinda just stops for the moment XD
I hate it when that happens though - 'cause my luck has it that they always stop when it's just getting good xD

@Ivvy: Really? o.O
They shouldn't shun you just because you're new - when you're new, you need practice in order to improve - they should see that~
I mean, if you're at least semi-literate and use ""s for talking and write out your actions, then I don't see the problem with RPing with you :3
Is there anything you've been wanting to RP?
I'd be more than happy to help you practice if you'd like ^.^

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-24-2009, 08:47 PM

Yeah I use the quotes for my spoken parts and write out my actions. I write fairly well. I mean I did technical writing for fun in college. but people don't like that I at times mess up the tense of the characters. I don't mean to but sometimes writing in 3rd person can be annoying. >.< I don't for example do this. :

"what do you mean?" I said.

I would write it like this:
"what do you mean?" Ivvy said.

Does that make sense. >.<
I am not sure what to RP about I only ever did one. And it was a fantasy/romance kind of one. So I don't know what I would be good at >.<

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-24-2009, 08:53 PM

As long as you use try your best to use proper capitalization, I don't see anything wrong with that - and 3rd person is more traditional since RPs are meant to be "novel"-like - but messing up the tense is fine lol
People I RP with have done that sometimes - it just kinda happens - not the end of the world :3

I have an RP in mind that I've been aiming to do for awhile:
I've recently been craving a Roleplay set in a Private Academy where there are two sets of classes, the "Day Classes" and the "Night Classes" - sort of set up like Vampire Knight. However, although there are two classes, they are not for Humans and Vampires~
The "Day Classes" are your general classes - English, History, Mathematics, etc.
The "Night Classes", however, are for those in the Academy who have special abilities, sort of like the ones in the Alice Academy~
Although I believe this setting would be fun, I do not have a plot line for it yet xD
Any interest?

If you have any interest Goblin, you're more than welcome to RP too :3
It'll be more fun with a couple people :3

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-24-2009, 08:55 PM

I don't know, I'm already in a lot of RPs. And following along with the threads in the Circus. =D I think I'll pass for now, although it does sound interesting. I say go for it. ^__^

*Mai's quill continues to write*

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-24-2009, 08:57 PM

@Goblin: No problem ^.^
It's not something I'd expect to be written in every day or anything~
-some of my RPs go months without posts from the other person xD-
If you ever feel like joining though - you can always come in late as a "transfer" student ;D

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-24-2009, 08:57 PM

@ Emma.. that sounds interesting actually. I would be interested in it. I try no to mess up the tense but as you said sometimes it happens.
When you have a plot made out I would love to give it a try. :) Maybe I will get better.>.<

@ Goblin.. lol you sound like me all over the place. >.<