PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-20-2011, 03:13 AM

Ain finally reached the palace, not a moment too late either. It's just about midday which means the Pharaoh and his family should heading to the dinning hall to have lunch together. Which also means Zahur will likely be found with them which will make finding him easier. The young but wise Mai was still scratching the tiny kittens head as she went up to the entrance and was greeted by guards. "Ah, hello.. I am a priestess of Bastet, I wish to converse with the Pharaoh and his Queen." Once she was through she started heading for the dining hall. On her way there she could sense something was wrong but she didn't know what. It might very well be some good news to hear that Anubis hasn't turned his back on his people. And that the Gods and Goddesses are pleased.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-20-2011, 07:40 AM

Amusement danced in Zahur's golden eyes just before the young prince rushed into view. A smile tugging at his lips. When the child hugged him, Zahur purred contently, hugging the boy back and ruffling his hair some. The cat boy adored the royal family it was easy to see in the way he looked at them and held himself near them. "Always so energetic. What have you been up to today, my prince?" Zahur spoke the words softly and then moments later he bowed his head deeply. The Pharaoh had just arrived. That was good, they could get all this political business out of the way and have lunch.

Zahur's stomach grumbled lightly and he bit his bottom lip. Glancing at the Pharaoh a bit sheepishly but with a slight grin.

Dominator
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-20-2011, 01:15 PM

At the edge of Cairo, grains of sand began to rise and swirl through the air, as if picked up by a gust of wind...but the air was dead calm. The small golden cloud increased in size and slowly acquired a humanoid shape until, a minute later, Thoth appeared in his true form, walking calmly towards the city, his Book in his hand. The Great Scribe often wandered the world, recording every piece of knowledge that he ame in touch with. And yet he had to cut his wandering short for now. Usually he didn't involve himself in human politics and feuds, but he knew this time it had to be done. Other gods were here, he could sense it. Bast, Anubis, Isis...he doubted they knew his purpose. So they could turn out to be both a help and a hindrance. Thoth was certain they'd most certainly be the latter, at least at this point. There rarely was anyone on Thoth's side, though he did not mind. It was how it was supposed to be. He was the only one who knew the Truth and the only one who knew the disasters that would befall Egypt if he did not intervene now. The subjects of Ra needed the right leadership right now and even though the pharaoh, as he was right now, was adequate enough, he wouldn't be enough to stop the impending doom of the kingdom. A change was needed. And the one who had all the answers would make sure that Egypt will survive, thrive even...no matter how he was going to achieve that. The end fully justified the means. And though the means he'd use could hardly be called "good" or "benevolent", they were just and would bring about the best ultimate result. Rarely were there people or gods that believed him at first, blinded by their own subjective morals and wrongly labeling creatures and actions "good" or "evil". But it was only natural and it never vexed him. After all, he was the only one that truly Knew. He'd just have to use diplomacy, information...and all other skills and powers he needed, to ensure events will follow the course they had to.

Thoth's body shifted as he entered the city, becoming smaller, like an average human being, the animal head being replaced with that of a bald man around his thirties. By the time the first people in Cairo noticed him, he was already impossible to discern, having chosen to disguise himself as one of his own high priests. This look would allow him access virtually anywhere and that was exactly the thing he needed. The god resumed his slow walk through the streets, heading to the palace and paying no mind to those that instinctively moved out of his way. Even if he did not use his most recognisable guise, humans still were often unnerved by the air of supreme calmness and stability that he brought with him. It was only natural. What room was there for doubts, insecurities and fears if you already knew the answer to every question and mystery? These next days were going to be crucial, however, and Thoth had to orchestrate them carefully. Nothing would disrupt the balance and stability he watched over, for that would bring about the end of the great kingdom. Finally reaching the palace doors, the god calmly walked between the guards, calmly muttering an incantation entering the enormous complex. Nobody was going to stop and question him, nobody would even remember seeing him enter. The spell dulled the senses of those he passed by, and now that he was already in, for most people it meant he was supposed to be there. The god didn't slow down for a second, but neither did he start walking faster. He knew exactly when and where he had to go.

The tall but hunched figure of a high priest suddenly appeared from around the corner, stopping right in front of Horus. The bald man didn't seem surprised by that at all, instead it was as if he had expected the pharaoh's advisor. He hadn't even looked at him still. Even though that was normal even for priests, fearful of Horus' power and vengefulness, the strange man was leaving the impression he was not doing that out off fear or even respect, it was as if he was just lost in thought for a second. The tall white staff he was leaning on made it clear the man served the god of knowledge. Truly befitting, since he seemingly exhuded the smell of old parchment and dust. His face looked very young for a high priest, but his very demeanor spoke of something different.

"War leader" he suddenly spoke with a quiet tone and bowed slightly. When he finally looked at Horus, the man could finally see the thing that set this one apart from other servants of the gods. His eyes were completely white, like a blind man's, but they were looking directly at Horus'...it was an unnerving stare which seemed to not look at him, but inside him "Might I have a word? I might have some interesting knowledge, related to the..." the eyes turned to Cena for a second and she couldn't help but get the feeling the man recognized her instantly "...urgent matters you are about to attend to..."

Last edited by Dominator; 10-21-2011 at 02:33 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-21-2011, 04:33 PM

Stopping abruptly as the man appeared in front of him, Horus removed his hand from the blade. A high priest stood before him. Horus disrespectfully frowned at him, instead of bowing or saying anything at all. The man's eyes were white, but looked directly into his, it was clear to Horus with the feeling that overcame him, this man was no high priest. Looking to Cena as the 'priest' did, Horus snorted, "Cena, leave. I will fetch you from the central hall when my business here is finished." Horus waited until Cena was out of sight before speaking again, "Who are you, and what interesting knowledge do you wish to bestow? I am a busy man, make it quick."

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

Gasping slightly as Horus stopped abruptly in front of her, Cena caught herself before she plowed into the back of him. She stepped to the side to see a tall man with a white cane and matching white eyes. When his eyes met hers, Cena shivered. She felt as if she should be bowing or groveling, she couldn't decide which, but her eyes quickly found the floor again before Horus could see that her eyes were wandering. When he ordered her to leave, she responded a quick, "Yes master," before heading towards the central hall.

As she made her first right, she heard voices. It sounded like the young prince. Cena smiled, she was quite fond of the boys antics and he made her laugh, not something she did often or was allowed for that matter. As she approached the entrance to another hall, she glanced down to see the Pharaoh, his family, Talim and Zahur. She wanted badly to see Zahur and Jahi, but Horus had ordered her not to see Zahur again. She stood at the corner of the hall waiting for a moment, wondering what she should do, but knowing the answer, as she waged an internal battle with herself.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 10-21-2011, 04:53 PM

Yellow eyes glanced behind her, some instinct that didn't just come from being feline, but something in her as a goddess was telling her that change would be quickly coming. Death maybe? She wondered as she easily climbed the steps of the black temple with the grace of a cat. Anubis would know. She told herself, sighing into the luxurious breeze the came in behind her to flow into the main hall. "Dear nephew, are you here or hiding further below still?" She asked, a lilting quality to her tone lending it a joking meaning.

Akila smiled brightly when she heard her husband's laughter, turning to look at him as he reached them and kissed her forehead. "I did not run for fun though. You, my dear, were chasing me around the grounds, throwing mud about." She tried to pout, but the smile didn't want to cooperate. Lightly hitting the male on his shoulder when he mentioned Anubis taking their son, causing young Jahi to hide behind her skirt. "Do not listen to him. Anubis would not do such a thing. He is a fair god." She spoke firmly, but there was still joy and mirth dancing in her eyes, especially as she watched Jahi excitedly recount practically every second of his morning to Zahur.

Dominator
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-21-2011, 05:43 PM

"Indeed you are, Horus." the bald man replied with a soft, almost calming voice. Thoth was one of the few of his kind that could forsake his pride and ego at will, should the situation require it. He knew the scarred man wouldn't listen if he was ordered about, wouldn't fulfill his purpose, even if the one giving the order was a god. He was one of those men that thought themselves greater than anyone alive...and it was that arrogance that Thoth was going to use, to gently steer him on the path he had to take.

"You hold a great potential, warrior. But you are naive." the white eyes, unblinking, seemed to now glare harshly at the man "An emperor of Egypt is a god made flesh...did you really think a simple stab with a dagger would see your plan done? Did you think you would survive the divine retribution, even if you succeeded?"

The staff hit the floor, to entirely grab the attention of the human, the sound resounding across the empty corridor. With each passing second the "priest" seemed more intimidating than before. Right now he was no longer speaking his thoughts, his tone and demeanor made it clear that what he said was truth and fact.

"I have seen the signs. Egypt is weakening, closer to sinking into nothingness then you could possibly imagine. Hope still remains, but there must be a change. I know you, Horus, better than you know yourself. I know both your actions and your thoughts, even those you hide from everyone else. I know now you are the only one that has what it takes to sit on the throne of the Old Kingdom, if it is to have a chance of survival. But you can not expect to stand alone against the one who represents the gods in the seat of his power. You need...specific assistance. I can teach you the Words that will fend off the blades of your enemies. I can prevent divinities from destroying you for the hedious blasphemy you plan on commiting. I can make you Emperor." Thoth stepped forward, now he was right in front of Horus and even though the man was taller than the form the god had chosen, somehow, he was the one that seemed smaller "All I need from you is to swear...swear your loyalty to Egypt and swear that you will see this kingdom reach new heights of glory. Swear it and ratify your oath with your blood." the white eyes turned to Horus' dagger. He still hadn't revealed his identity, not openly, but he knew the man was not stupid. Cruel and disagreeable, maybe, but not stupid. Surely by now he knew who it was that stood before him "A small price to pay for the reward I am offering..."

Last edited by Dominator; 10-21-2011 at 05:47 PM..

Lady Chello
Love's EvergreenGoddess!!!!!
Send a message via MSN to Lady Chello

Old 10-23-2011, 03:46 AM

Anubis eyes flashed as he heard the old familiar voice that had called to him so many years ago. A faint smile appeared on his muzzle as a deep thundering laugh echoed through the temple. A sudden gust of wind sent the lap blazing in the temple as he spoke. "It has been to long dear Aunt. Not even my mother has dared to darken my halls. I would ask to as why you of all the family have come to dare such a feat. Though I know the answer as well as you. I warned you and the others of Horus though none of you have dared to heed my warning. You are just now aware of what I know is to come. I must ask you, do you love your Pharaoh? " He said as he he emerged from the depths of his temple. He stood just within the door way of it his frame still masked to the world by the darkness. Only his glowing eyes to be seen from the darkness. "You may wonder why I ask such things. It is simple I need to know where your loyalty lies. " He said as he stood there and waited for her answer. He would speak no more till he knew where her heart lied. He was no fool and in such matters he knew to keep his tongue. The gods where at play in this plot and it was time for them to make their alliances. He heard and knew the hearts of the people and his loyalty would be with his people.

Djedkare grinned as his attention feel to his his beloved wife and Queen. He peered to his son as he saw their son's reaction. "Come now, why do you cower behind your mother." His eyes fell on Zahur. "I see that I have kept you to long. How disrespectful of me. Please accept my deepest apologizes. Any business that I need to attend to will be addressed after lunch. Come it is time to eat. Lets not keep our entertainment and servants waiting." He said as he looked back to his beloved wife holding out his arm for her to take as they mad their way to where their lunch was waiting for them by now.

Last edited by Lady Chello; 10-23-2011 at 03:52 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-23-2011, 05:58 PM

Zahur grinned brightly at the Pharaoh, shaking his head slightly when Djedkare apologized. Zahur was rather pleased with the Pharaoh, he was a just man, but fierce and strong. The neko had no doubt in his mind that the Pharaoh was the ruler Egypt needed. His bright grin turned towards the princes. Surely Jahi would be just as great a Pharaoh, if not better, when his time finally came to rule. Surely Egypt would prosper beautifully with this line of Pharaohs.

Zahur had begun to purr, softly. Content, and happy with his royal family, and happy with thoughts of lunch. It was a nice day, and a good time for lunch, since it was lunch time. His ears twitched, tilting this way or that at various sounds that he picked up, most too soft for the humans at his side to hear. They were nothing though, mostly just other cats padding around or pouncing on this or that. Or biting the toes of some of the royal officials.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 10-23-2011, 10:01 PM

Bast smiled ruefully as she watched Anubis appear, asking his questions. "I am surprised she hasn't come, as for why I came, it had been to welcome you back into the open. It has been rather empty without you." The frown that had formed when he mentioned Horus disappeared with her response, but she was still thinking about it now. "Horus...You mean that bastard of a warrior and pharoh's advisor? Yes he's rather aggressive and power hungry, but would he really betray the people? The rulers?" The goddess had always been the laid back kind of person, and liked to believe no one would be stupid enough to harm the pharoh or the royal family. She was their protector after all.

Smiling, she took his arm, moving with him to where lunch would be served. "Is there anything else after lunch that will require your attention? I was thinking we could take a boat ride on the Nile. Just to relax." It been a while since they'd done anything as a family, she missed it.

Jahi was recounting his tale of throw mud at some of the other girls in the palace area, but looking up at Zahur, he paused and pouted. "You weren't listening were you?" He placed his fists on his hips, something he'd seen his father do tons of times before. He wanted to look intimidating like his father did, but really, it just made him look cuter. Green eyes, so much like his mothers, flashed with the mild irritation through the wispy blonde bangs in his face. It had been strange for him when he was first starting to grow, many had thought his mother had slept with another, till it was remembered that her parents, even his fathers mother, had had pale hair. It was seen as a blessing, of the approval of his grandparents, so he and his mother were no longer bothered by it. Turning his head, Jahi jogged to catch up to his parents, sliding his hand into his mother's, smiling at her when she looked down at him, before the two glanced to look at Zahur, Jahi holding his hand out to the neko.

Chisisi sighed, reclining on a rather luxurious pillow of purple dyed silk, eating a melon as he looked over his papyrus scrolls. Change was coming, and fast. He knew the Queen must have seen something, and it surprised him she hadn't come running to him yet, but then again, it was lunch. She would be eating now with her husband and the prince. Maybe later.
Sitting up, the male scratched his head as he brushed his long hair back glancing at the server girl that poured him a cup of tea. "Girl, I want you to go find the Queen. Let her know I need to speak with her soon." He ordered softly, nonchalantly picking at and adjusting the typical dyed 'skirt' he wore. That was accompanied by a few well placed jewels, and sometimes a wonderful jacket, but for now, in his home at the palace, he remained unadorned except for his ear piercings and the thong in his hair that kept it tied back.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-24-2011, 04:31 PM

Zahur blinked and smiled at Jahi. "Of course I was listening." He spoke the words reassuringly and reached out to ruffle the boy's hair. Then the prince was off, rushing to catch up to the Pharaoh and Queen. Those golden eyes blinked for a moment, smile still on his lips as he started forward as well. His smile widening some as the prince held his hand out for him to take, when Zahur was close enough, he grasped Jahi's hand gently. The neko had this odd feeling though, one he couldn't quite explain. It was somewhat like when a storm was coming and he could feel it in his fur. Zahur was sure a storm wasn't coming, this, he could almost smell. It smelled almost like the winds of change. Whatever happened, he would keep his royal family safe and the Pharaoh would keep Egypt safe. Zahur took comfort in that thought.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-24-2011, 05:05 PM

Ain could tell she was closing in on the Pharaoh or atleast close by, perhaps in a hall next to the one he was in. To make her feel more uneasy she feel the fur on her tail and ears stand, more so on her tail. Something was going to happen very soon. Ain could tell there was a God nearby but she didn't know which one. He or she didn't carry evil intent.. more of a neutral aura really. But then why did she feel uncomfortable in here? Something was brewing and it doesn't seem to be good. Nearing the end of her ongoing thoughts of trying to processes the air around her the Pharaoh and his family appeared into view. Jahi looked taller then when she last seen him. Her eyes landed upon a female warrior alittle ways behind him.. it must have been Talim. It's the only female warrior Ain knew.

Hmm I do not wish to disturb him on his way to lunch... so news about Anubis could wait. But if he doesn't know, it could very well be important to him or just something he would like to know. Ain debated whether or not bother and tell the Pharaoh.. but the more the thought about it the more the family got closer to the hall.. then she really would be disturbing them. Besides what Ain had to give and say couldn't take that long. Plus she could do all that while they walk. Ain walked alittle quicker and finally caught up with them. "Ah fair Pharaoh and company" She bowed her head slightly and her eyes laid for a moment on the kitten she momentarily forgot about while she thinking. "I do not know if you knew of this but Anubis has re-opened his doors, for what reason I do not know. But I do know that he is re-opening his heart for his people." Ain started as she looked up to him, then turned her attention briefly to the Neko holding the other hand of the child. "Zahur, I have a gift for you."

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-24-2011, 05:17 PM

Glaring down at the man who called him naive, Horus was going to step around the crazy old coot and be on his way. What kept him there was the fact that the man seemed to know exactly what Horus was planning to do and why. A mere mortal couldn't have known any of that information, or know him better than he knew himself, or make him the new Pharaoh, as he claimed he could. It was clear who this man was now. The look on Horus' face was the same still, disrespectful and angry, but standing before the God who claimed to want to help him, Horus began to feel small in the spectrum.

Yes, he wanted the power, so much that he couldn't think of anything else, he was losing sleep thinking about the day he would finally rule. The man before him was right though, he could not do this alone. Staring down into the chilling white eyes, Horus removed his dagger, slicing it across his own hand without so much as a flinch or a blink. "I will be the greatest ruler Egypt has ever seen."

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

The Pharaoh and his company were approaching quickly from down the hall. Cena wanted badly to speak to them, they were all such wonderful and happy people, but instead she hung her head. She knew Horus didn't want her conversing with them, but for what reason she was unsure. Turning away, she continued down the hall, where was the Central hall again? The palace was enormous, and Cena hadn't traveled the halls alone many times, it was this way, right? Taking a left she was suprised after a minute to hear the voice of the man who had approached her and Horus only a short time ago. Hideous blasphemy? Horus the emperor? How had she gotten turned around like this? But even more importantly, what was going on? Cena knew that Horus was up to something, but when wasn't he? She also knew that he wished to be Pharaoh, but was he really planning on doing something awful to make himself ruler? A chill ran up Cena's spine as she stood out of their line of vision, only a few feet away behind the next wall, breathing lightly, as her heart raced. She needed to warn the Pharaoh.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 10-24-2011 at 05:20 PM..

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-24-2011, 08:02 PM

Talim couldn't help but smile as the people of the palace conversed about this and that. They were a big happy family by the warrior's standards, and it was a beautiful sight. Sighing, her stance relaxed. With a soft smile on her face, Talim bowed and took her leave. "I hope your day runs smoothly, my Queen... King." She started to walk off through the palace in search of Horus -- disdainfully of course. She passed another woman, adorned with ear and a tail (which didn't seem to faze her anymore, courtesy of Zahur). "I greatly wish that I wouldn't have to converse with that... beast..." the warrior mumbled once she was out of the pharaohs' sight. "That Horus..." As one of the only female warriors in Cairo's army, she was sometimes scorned, but never as much as with Horus. She'd never been blackmailed by anyone other than him either. Talim slowed her pace, raising her hand up to eye level, observing herself. How could I... ever have the powers of a God? With a shake of her head, the female warrior continued through the palace, eventually coming upon Cena, Horus's slave. She seemed to have almost a clouded, horrified look on her face. "Miss Cena?" she whispered softly, gently touching the woman's shoulder. Talim hated using words like "slave" since she probably would have become one if she didn't force her way into the army -- it was better to be polite. Cena was a person, and she deserved to be treated like one. "Are you alright? You look terrified..."

Dominator
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2011, 12:18 AM

"Indeed?" Thoth's staff had begun glowing with a deep blue light, as the blood drops were syphoned in it "We shall see, Horus. Khen a debeh, sefetjew'e kem-senef." the ancient Egyptian spell had begun weaving itself into the man's skin, causing an unpleasant tingling sensation, but also the distinct taste of raw power "Kesi akh aai iret. Hereb ih keded, sefet'a'wey."

The glow slowly faded and Thoth lowered his head, leaning on the wood once again. This was a protection enchantment. It was going to ensure Horus survived his encounter with the Pharaoh. That was the first and most important step of the plan he had to set in motion. If Horus died in the act, Egypt was going to be directly given to a prince, who had not seen a single hardship in his life. The Kingdom was not going to survive this. Numbers, figures, estimates - all scientific evidence pointed towards it. The advisor had to survive, to usurp the throne and remain on it, giving Egypt stability, albeit strained. He was a key figure, his life and death - playing cards the god had to use to deliver the kingdom to salvation. No cost was too great, no action - despicable, if it was to ensure the natural balance would remain intact. Thoth's magic was going to shield him against all metal weapons, as well as give him mild magic resistance. The downside to this was, Horus was now in the deity's posession, literally. His blood in the hands of such a powerful sorcerer only meant his soul was more or less at the mercy of the Keeper of Knowledge...

"Now go prove you are to be the greatest ruler in history." Thoth's milky white eyes turned to the side, hearing hushed words "I will borrow your slave. She shall be returned when my business with her is done." not waiting for an answer, he walked towards the direction he had heard the noise from. It didn't even occur to him that the man might have had something against his wishes. He had commanded and the mortal was to abide by his decrees. Especially now. Coming from around the corner, his piercing gaze turned towards the two young women standing there. This was to be expected. There was a relatively big chance somebody would hear their conversation. But he was prepared for that too.

"Lady Cena. Lady Talim." the voice that came from the 'priest' was soothing and soft, almost unbelievably so. These two girls had to be prevented from interfering, the Emperor could not flee. His next sorcery subtly convinced their minds he was an honored and beloved guest "The Great Scribe requests of me to make a piligrimage to the temple of the Great Judge, Anubis." the god didn't even try explaining where he knew their names from or where they knew him from. Human minds filled those blanks themselves to explain to itself why it felt such a stong bond towards the caster"Yet I do not know the way. Would you ladies be so kind to show it to me? I have spoken to Lord Horus already. He does not mind."

That was it, he just had to draw them away from the palace, so they couldn't warn anyone. By the time they reached the temple, the deed was going to be done. Now he had to make sure none of the other gods disrupted the fragile balance by trying to exact just revenge on Horus. The first one he had to convince was Anubis. Thoth knew the other had only just appeared in the mortal realm once again. The Keeper of the Afterlife was in his essence, however, a just and impartial god. Every soul he had judged, Thoth was there as the Scribe, to record it in his vast register. Thoth knew the other god well. He knew he could eventually draw him to his side, if he explained him the situation fully. It was very much possible that the dog-headed deity was also going to side with him, if it believed the danger to be great enough to warrant such drastic measures as the ones Thoth had undertaken...

Last edited by Dominator; 10-25-2011 at 01:38 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-25-2011, 03:04 AM

Zahur started slightly, blinking a few times. Where was his head today? He hadn't even heard the female Mai's approach at all. For a few moments Zahur watched her curiously, his ears twitching a bit as he became more alert. The winds of change were definitely in the air, he could feel it more now. Stronger, as if whatever change was coming would soon be here. Zahur pushed that thought to the back of his mind, surely it wasn't anything to be worried about. His eyes lingered on the Mai as she spoke, Anubis was opening to the people again. Was that the change he felt?

Something told him, he should speak with Anubis. It was an odd feeling that crept up his spine and into the back of his mind. Zahur was sure he had never met Anubis, so this odd need that he should speak with that God startled him. It was strange. If anything, shouldn't he converse with Bastet? Zahur's gaze lingered on Ain. "You honor me, though I have no gifts for you." He spoke the words softly.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-25-2011, 05:03 AM

As the staff began to glow and the God chanted his spell, Horus could feel something happening inside him. At first it made him uneasy, but as it continued, he could feel power rising within him and a mischevious smile came across his face. When it was done, Horus clenched his fists, feeling like a newer, stronger man. He was pleased knowing that the God's saw him a better fit for the throne, and he was going to prove them right.

He blinked after the man for a moment at his statement of 'borrowing' his slave. Typically that would have been unacceptable, his other slaves yes, but Cena was his personal servant of sorts. Horus quickly disreguarded the feeling, with what the God was doing for him, he could use Cena whenever he wanted. Without so much as a thank you, see you in the afterlife, go screw a camel, or have her home by nine, Horus was walking down the hall again, his mission to find and exterminate the Pharaoh underway once more.

As he rounded a corner he saw the Pharaoh up ahead, he wasn't alone. Horus scowled down the hall at the large group. This wouldn't work here, not now. A low growl escaped his lips, he needed to be alone with the Pharaoh. Approaching them swiftly, he stopped before the Pharaoh with a slight bow, "My King," he said, "Urgent matters are at hand, I must speak with you in private right away." Urgent matters indeed.

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

Jumping at the sound of the voice, Cena gasped as she reached up to put her hand over her heart. "Talim!" she exclaimed, as she peeked around the corner to be sure they hadn't been heard. She wanted to tell Talim what she had heard, but she had never betrayed Horus before, and knew the consequences should he find out. But then again, the Pharaoh's life was at stake, she would accept any punishment that Horus would give should it be for saving the life of her King.

"Talim, I think my master is planning to do something awful..." she said quickly and very quietly. She glanced around the corner again as she began to shake slightly. Adrenaline from the betrayal and fear of being caught was coursing through her as her breathing became short and quick. She turned to face Talim again as she took a breath and tried to calm her nerves. She needed to tell someone "I think he is going to kill th-" before she could finish the preist appeared around the corner causing her to jump again. Her eyes darted to meet Talim's before meeting his and quickly looking to her feet as he spoke. Something about his presence calmed her, as she almost immediately quit shaking, but she still knew her place.

The feeling she got by the priest's presence was the same as it had been before, and from the exchanged words between him and Horus, Cena knew he was no ordinary man, nor priest. She wanted to turn and run away, run to the Pharaoh and warn him, but for some reason her feet stayed put and her mouth said, "Yes sir, this way." Had that been her speaking? But what about the Pharaoh? She was used to walking behind Horus, but for this man she walked beside him, to help guide him from the palace.

Inside Cena was waging a battle. Her feet moved forward but her heart said to turn around and warn the Pharaoh. She sent a sideways glance to the 'priest', what was she doing? This man was helping Horus and she knew it, snap out of it Cena she told herself, run. Her feet stopped moving as she stared at the priest. Why wasn't she turning around, what was wrong with her? Go! she told herself, but something was keeping her there, it was those eyes... the priests eyes, if she could just push the sight of them out of her mind... Cena squinted hard as she gave her head a little shake, Get out of my head!

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-25-2011, 09:32 PM

Ain smiled, and answered "It's quite alright. You've done well, and you are destined for more. It's the only gift I need from you Zahur." Ain carefully removed one hand from the kitten who had fallen asleep some time from a few seconds ago or the last time she checked on the kit. With her free hand, she removed the golden jewel adorned collar from her other arm and reached out to Zahur with it. Sometime after the collar was taken from her or shortly after Horus showed up with a calm yet underlying anger issues demeanor. But calm none the less, her eyes linger on his for a moment before looking to the Pharaoh.

Lady Chello
Love's EvergreenGoddess!!!!!
Send a message via MSN to Lady Chello

Old 10-31-2011, 01:39 AM

Anubis lessen as he appeared out of the shadows before he Aunt. "That man's heart would break my scale for there is not pureness in it or love. Not even Ammut could stand to eat this heart. I fear for the safety of the beloved pharaoh. I know better than to tamper with the threads that bind the hearts of the mortals with ours but I believe my dear aunt that the times of sand have been sired by one of our own and the threads have been severed. I have did my job for years and in all my years this is the first time that the dead warn of a kings death. They beg for justice for their beloved king and protection for him. The people have waken me with their love as well as the dead with their cries. I wish to meet this man that has such power even in the afterlife. My mother has tried to speak to me and summon me but not even her voice could comple me to the surface as the stories and cries that I have heard over this man. Please take me to him. I wish to see the man all speak of and my mother." He said as he stepped to her staring into her eyes as his black fur shined in the sun's warm light. His muscles rippled as he felt the sun's warmth for the first time in many centuries. "Know this...when the time comes I will use my power to damn one man and save another. If I have to rip apart every god to protect the innocent I will. One has betrayed us all even my beloved father yet again. I pray Aunt you will be with me and I may not have to punish you as well." He said as he moved passed her and headed down the black onyx steps. He held his Ankh and his staff as he moved. He felt the fear and joy as he left his temple his own guards appearing as if they where made from the sand and magically appeared. A pair appeared beside the goddess as more appeared on the inside. His worriers where to protect and kill that was their purpose and duty.

Djedkare smiled as he looked to his wife. He laughed hearing him grinning. "You still ran the reason is up to debate." He said staring into her beautiful eyes. He then looked to their son his attention being dragged away from his family as more appeared wishing to have some. He turned as he heard another approach as he saw it was Ain. He was about to greet her when he turned hearing Horus. He stared at the man as he wondered what was bothering his friend and adviser. He was torn as he looked back to his wife and son then to Ain, and lastly back to Horus. "I am afraid I have made a promise that I must keep to my wife and son first Horus as soon as I am done with lunch I will be yours. " His attention turned back to Ain as he gave her a smile. " If you will come with us and tell me what you wish to on your way I would greatly appreciate it. If you can't then it will have to wait till after lunch I am afraid. " He said feeling rather torn at the present time.

Ur stared at the hieroglyphics he had just finished examining each one making sure they where to perfection. He looked over each one remembering his every brush stroke he used to make each one. He turned as he heard commotion coming from the palace wondering what was all the fuss about not that it really bothered him. He had done his task and was ready to go home. Though honestly he was ready to get back to his masterpiece he had been working on for weeks now. He had not found a girl to his liking and so he had deiced to draw his own against his dear brothers advice. Such things went against the gods he knew but he had the gift to bring what he drew to life why not draw something to please him? If the pharaoh had a issue he could just draw the man away or a monster to teach him a lessen. He had never been one for politics so such concerns of the palace didn't concern him. He made his money and had all the power he needed in his own hands.

Zet sat at his desk as he stared at the new crown he had finished. It had been a order from the palace that a new crown was to be made. Horus had asked for it and had some specification that he wanted on this one. It had took a little longer than Zet was use to. He looked up as something caught his eyes. He was shocked as he put the crown down in the golden case he had made for it as he rose from his table slamming the lid shut. He walked to the piece of wall hidden by the Reid screen that showed a little of the new drawing his brother was working on it. He shook his head as he cursed staring at the half necked women on the wall. He would have a word with his brother about this as he pulled the screen over it hiding it completely. His shop was not the place for his brothers abominations.

Last edited by Lady Chello; 11-01-2011 at 01:33 AM..

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-26-2011, 06:17 PM

"I'll come with you, it'll only take a moment of your time." She offered up a smile, indeed it wouldn't take too long. It was important but very short. I wonder what Horus is up to now a days she thought as she looked over to him, he seemed to be in a hurry.