Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 10-08-2013, 01:22 AM

(Davir not david lol)

"Uh yea, if I'm reading then my parents don't bother me to watch my sisters" Davir stated "Why not, don't like it? But, the stories could be interesting depending on what you like" there were mysteries that explained things you never considered till you read them. Horror was a way to bring your fears to life...there were too many genres to choose from "But, I guess some aren't into reading, my sisters like to cause havoc, and they don't like reading" davir stated "Reading takes me on adventures that I normally don't get to go on. Have you ever been on an adventure before?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-08-2013, 02:35 AM

(did my fingers type it wrong? it's not like I ever thought david...)

Gage sighed. Dancing around what he meant wasn't getting him anywhere. He ran a hand over his face although the gesture was just something he had picked up from media. It meant nothing to him. He closed his eyes and didn't bother keeping them open since it was a hassle. "I don't mean I don't like to read. Actually I do since I can pretend I see things from the view of the average person in those moments." Though he could never quite wrap his head around the visual imagery used. It was nothing more than a foreign language and he had come to experience the world by completely different rules and angels that were impossible to explain to others he'd learned. "Actually, I can't and there are never new audio books at places like this," he said finally, trying to resist the urge to put his headphones back on. Then the conversation would no longer exist. "I seriously hate explaining that I'm blind!"

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-11-2013, 03:35 AM

(yep just once lol) (Ooooooh! Kat gave Ranie an idea lol okay wait wrong story XD)

Davir sat there listening to the other boy "Oh is that what you are talking about? I figured that out on the night of Halloween" Davir said smiling "There isn't anything wrong with that, though me asking stupid questions like that probably did seem really stupid" he just laughed it off, he didn't care if a person was different, being blind was just a way of saying you were different from others who consider themselves normal. Even though in his life, normality never existed with his sisters and his own abilities, he had already considered this about the boy and came to the fact that he liked talking to him that night they met. Not sure why exactly, it wasn't even for that long, but, he didn't really question alot of things unless it would totally bug him. Which would take awhile since his patience...unless personal problems attached...was pretty good.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-11-2013, 03:42 AM

"What...seriously?" was all Gage could manage to ask. Davir had realized it? But the other guy hadn't shown any sign of it. Reading people, as well as one could in vocal patterns or in muscles if they were touching, was something he prided himself on. It really surprised him that he hadn't noticed Davir had caught on to his blindness. "You made me say something embarrassing for no reason then. You should have just said something. Most people would," he said. Well, most people would whisper in a corner, forgetting that his hearing was strong. That didn't matter though. Gage was used to some people. He wasn't sure how to think about Davir who reacted so abnormally. He hadn't realized there was a middle ground between people who whispered and people who coddled him.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-11-2013, 03:59 AM

(*ranie still laughing*)

Davir looked at him with a bit of a curious look "Oh, I didn't know that I had to mention it" Davir stated as he looked at the other one "Well, why would anyone want to say something out in the opening if someone else would think it's embarrassing and wouldn't that be rude on my part if I just said 'Oh I know your blind' and not care about how it would effect you?" Davir was enjoying the fact the conversation wasn't awkward anymore "Besides, I thought it was a secret, we all have them, my bad" he smiled sheepishly and crossed his legs, right now he probably acted like a child hanging out with a new friend and didn't care what others thought. Which he didn't care about what others thought or did, just himself.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-11-2013, 04:18 AM

Gage found himself smiling. He couldn't be upset, not when Davir seemed to understand so well the way that Gage thought about his blindness. "It's not really a secret, but I like to act like a normal person sometimes. I can't do that if I'm one of the those people that wears thick sunglasses and carries a white cane. It's stupid really, to use something like blindness as a crutch," he said. He realized he was talking a lot more than usual and had to pause. His voice wasn't one that came out perfectly smooth since he kept to himself most of the time and spoke only when needed. He was comfortable now and found that he didn't mind talking about his being blind. "But still, I'd rather a person give some sign they know, so I don't have to be the one to explain." Because the explaining was what he hated most.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-11-2013, 04:22 AM

"Oh, sorry about that then, I tend to speak or act before thinking, it's a bad habit my family says that runs in the family" which is true considering his sisters were always acting out and never thinking about what they did. Sort of like Halloween night when he realized they had started the issue after the boys tried to talk them, but, with their outfits that night he could understand. "So, mind if I ask, besides music, what do you like to do for fun?" and who in the world said anyone was normal or abnormal? Considering himself, he just thought both of them were extraordinary even though he didn't really know anything about Gage minus the eyesight thing, his name, and the fact he had a sister. Okay there was minor things he took note of, but, considering just the big things.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-11-2013, 04:55 AM

"It's fine. I tend to think too much before I speak," Gage said. He opened his mouth to say what he really did for fun, but then he had to stop himself. Flying. No, that definitely wasn't the right answer. Even if he had the feeling at times that Davir might being something extraordinary himself, Gage didn't feel that he could openly say that he was the sort to go flying around at night as a bat. "I just do the usual things," he said with a shrug. "Music is a big part of my life....I play too. Or I listen to movies and other audios. I eavesdrop on other people when I can, though maybe I shouldn't say something like that? You probably do more interesting things than me though."

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-11-2013, 04:58 AM

"Not really, reading books or drawing are hobbies of mine. Walking around and staying away from my bratty sisters is considered a hobby. However, my favorite hobby is adventuring in places I'm not allowed or anyone isn't allowed to" he remembered he always got in so much trouble whenever he would do that and that was if he got caught by people. His parents always knew what he was up to and didn't care what he did as long as he didn't get caught because they didn't want to deal with him. "So you listen to what others say, I see nothing wrong with that. I watch how others react to situations I create" he smiled

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-11-2013, 05:12 AM

For a second, Gage tried to visualize what he thought adventuring would be like. As always though, he visualized things only in words. He let out a little sigh. "You're lucky to have that kind of autonomy. An adventure for me is walking the mall. I've been coming here most of my life, so it's mapped out perfectly in my head. It's not much of an adventure in the end." He envied the kind of life that Davir was able to live, but he wouldn't say that. Instead, he just clenched his fist into the fabric of his pants. Soft yielding fabric, not jeans. He released his hand. "Most people frown on that kind of voyeurism of other people. I'm glad someone shares my interest though."

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-12-2013, 02:07 AM

"Oh! I have an idea" Davir said taking the other boy's hand in excitement then let go "Why don't we find time to go on an adventure?" Davir asked as he suddenly felt the urge to go now "I know new places take time getting used to, but, it would be really fun and give us both a chance to get out of the house" Davir heard his phone ring and he looked at it not answering it as he even pressed the rejected button.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-12-2013, 02:20 AM

Longing burst from within Gage and for a second he thought that Davir's voice was the most beautiful thing he had heard, or was it the words. He could still feel the other boy's hand even after he let go and he hadn't even been surprised by the sudden contact. The sound of a ringing phone brought him back down to reality and the smile on his face fell back into its usual neutral position barely after forming. "It's a nice offer, but I doubt I'd be allowed to go off adventuring with a stranger." He paused. "You shouldn't ignore his phone." He guessed that the the ring had belonged to Davir and that he rejected the call when it didn't ring the normal amount of times.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-12-2013, 02:37 AM

"Don't worry about it, it was just my mother. Well we have plenty of times to become friends, so if later on you change your mind let me know" Davir then asked "What would be a good way to keep contact?" he didn't think texting would be easy for the other and wondered how he normally would keep in contact with others. "How does your family contact you?" he added.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-12-2013, 02:43 AM

Gage nodded his head once. He was surprised, but also pleased that someone wanted to be his friend like this. He spent so much time alone that he had forgotten what it felt like to make a friend. How long had it been? Junior High? Elementary school probably. Certainly all through high school his relationships with people had only been the briefest of acquaintances, but that's what he got for being the only blind freak at a public school. He didn't think that was strange or bothersome since it was to be expected. "I don't keep in contact with people really. I'm rarely out of sight or hearing from my family, but I have a cell phone," he said. "Is this your way of asking for my number?"

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-12-2013, 02:59 AM

(last line in the story of your post made me laugh)

"Yea, I guess so, do you just accept calls I assume?" Davir asked just making sure he would know what to expect, he usually would text, but, calling worked too. He was glad to have his own room and his sisters sharing one. He didn't get why Gage didn't keep in contact with people especially if he had a cellphone. Then again it made him wonder how he checked the cellphone for messages or calls, maybe it was a certain type of one.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-12-2013, 03:10 AM

(it's not supposed to be funny!! XD)

"There aren't any other options besides calls," Gage said with a shrug of one shoulder. He had an old model phone that he'd had for many years. He'd gotten used to the configuration of it, though he preferred less hassling ways of communicating. He didn't hesitate to tell Davir his number though and recited it aloud. "Just make sure to announce who you are, if you do call. There's no way for me to know after all."

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-12-2013, 03:31 AM

(haha it was 'CUTE' as if he was really asking him out XD that's what popped into my head)

"Oh, I always say that to people who I get numbers from the first time" Davir stated being happy until his phone rang again "Oh I gotta go, if I ignore her one more time, I'll get in trouble" Davir smiled patting the boy the shoulder "Sorry this was short and sorry for disrupting your music, I'll call you later once I get the chance" then he walked off with his things he had chosen to buy and went home. Man did he get in trouble for going home later than he wanted to.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-12-2013, 03:47 AM

(that's why I wrote it)

"Okay, that's good. I'll talk to you some other time then." Gage listened to Davir's retreated footsteps. Even after they had disappeared into the ambient noise of the bookstore, he waited another minute listening to the sounds of feet. He wasn't sure why he hesitated at all, but eventually he slipped his headphones back on and focused on the violin and bass flooding into his ears. He still had about fifteen minutes until it was time to leave the mall. He had a good internal clock, but his phone was also set on alarm as well. Then it would be off to the food court to meet up with his family and from there, back to his usual lonesome life.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-14-2013, 12:50 PM

(yay and im getting to some of my posts)

Davir raced home using magic to get closer, but, not too close. He would get yelled at if caught- "Davir Matthew Aarons" his mother began to scold as he sighed 'Damn thought I was in the clear' Davir thought to himself "How many times do I have to tell you NOT to use your magic outside this house!" man was she on the ball tonight as she continued on and on about how dangerous it and his father even joined in saying he shouldn't have left the house to begin with. They might have known things from the past, but, Davir always knew time was changing and that they were only living in the past.

After awhile he retired to his room upstairs thankful he had a balcony and a sound sealed (proof) room which no one could hear him. Not always the best choice for a room, but, he loved it without end. He could use his magic freely, talk to others...'Oh crap it's ten thirty six' he thought to himself thinking that Gage was probably asleep by now, but, he wanted to try anyways. Because his parents spelled his room while he was out, Davir passed out before he could make any calls, and a week or so passed after he finally found some time to make a call. Dialing the number that was given he waited to see if the other would pick up letting it ring.

He was messing with his hair, his parents made him get it cut, he never did like his step mother for any reason since his real mother wasn't known since he was a child. He always acted out and now he was thinking he hated her for making him get it cut. He looked way different than normal, yet that wasn't a bad thing He still had his blue eyes same as usual with a bit of silver to indictate he was a magic user, but, it probably looked better this way.

Last edited by Immy; 10-14-2013 at 12:54 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-14-2013, 06:49 PM

Gage passed his time in his usual way, living mostly in his own dark world for a week. He went out flying at nights and ate dinner with his family, and played music in the rest of his time. He had forgotten about giving Davir his number after the second day because already the time since the mall seemed very far away.

Still, he was downstairs playing on the grand piano set just to the side of the foyer when he heard a distant trill. A phone? No...it wasn't just any phone. Everyone in the family used different ring tones for his sake and Gage knew it was his phone. So he quickly and efficiently made his way up the stairs and to his room, answering the phone on the last ring. "Hello?" he asked, half expecting it to be a telemarketer.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-15-2013, 02:31 AM

"Gage? Hey, it's Davir" Davir said hearing his sisters taunting him from his side of the phone line "Awe Davi made a friiiiiiend" they said in unison as Davir yelled back pulling the phone to his chest "Get out!" and the door slammed with the use of his magic Then he put the phone back to his ear "Sorry, twin sisters are annoying, what are you up to? Is it okay for me to call you?" he was almost about to hang up thinking maybe he shouldn't be calling. However, Gage picked up at the last minute, and then he didn't know what to say.

Davir didn't plan what to say and he honestly was afraid to say the wrong thing. He didn't want to be hung up on, but, if Gage had something else to do or if he was... "Were you sleeping? Did I wake you?" he probably sounded more nervous than anything else right now.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-15-2013, 03:01 AM

Gage tilted his head in surprise when he realized it was not a telemarketer calling him. He perked up from his overly relaxed state in the desk chair he had plopped into. "Oh! Hello Davir," he said, the surprise showing in his voice. He chuckled as he heard commotion in the background, though it was distorted by the phone line. Davir's sister's reminded him of Maria and that made him smile.

"I forgot that I gave you my number, but I'm happy to talk to you." He ran a hand over the smooth and clean wood of his desk as he talked. Because he had been playing music until now, it was hard for his fingers to stay still. On a whim, he reached out until his hand met the keyboard that sat on his desk up against the wall. He pressed his fingers against the keys without turning it on so no sound came out. This was good enough. "You sound nervous...don't worry, I'm nocturnal by nature. I wouldn't be sleeping at an hour like this."

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-15-2013, 02:02 PM

Davir was embarrassed now that the other could tell he was nervous for calling or for freaking out. Not saying anything for a moment he said "Oh? well I could see why. The night is more welcoming than the day and there aren't as many idiots" he laughed knowing that part was true, all the idiots were asleep or wasted in some sort of way. "So...what are you doing so late at night? Wait, will you get in trouble for being on the phone so late?" Davir asked wondering if the other would, he wouldn't be able to tell if the other was being honest or not, but, he truly didn't want to get him in trouble.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-15-2013, 05:25 PM

A half smile drifted over Gage's face. Actually, he thought there were more idiots out at night because that's when the teenagers reigned instead of the child. He decided it wasn't worth it to say that though. Even more than face to face, he tended to be brief and quiet on the phone. It wasn't like he had a lot of practice with phone chatting. "I was playing piano," he said simply. "I'm not in elementary school. I can talk on the phone when I want." He boredly turned the keyboard on and switched the volume down to a level he expected Davir wouldn't be able to over the phone and started to play scales with one hand.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-15-2013, 07:12 PM

Davir figured there wasn't much to say now that he had the other pick up the phone. He only called to say hello and now he felt a bit silly "I know it gets busy during the season, but, want to hang out tomorrow?" Davir asked Gage as he waited for a response. His mother was yelling at him from downstairs since the attic was where his room was. Quite large too even if they weren't the wealthiest of people. Davir knew they were middle class, but, he had his own job once a week he had to do. Which they gave him 'allowance' as others would call it. "I understand if you're busy or don't want to"