Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-15-2013, 07:45 PM

Gage paused, taking a second to reply. Actually, he was really happy to talk to Davir and even happier that he wanted to hang out. How to respond though? It wasn't in Gage's nature to sound overly excited about things even if he was. Finally he said, "Oh...sure. I have no social life, you know. No plans. What do you want to do?" he asked, only a little hesitant since he didn't know what exactly 'hanging out' constituted. And even less so, the kinds of hanging out that he could participate in. He didn't want to go any place he wasn't that familiar with.

Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 10-15-2013, 07:50 PM

Davir thought that sounded a bit odd when the other said he had no social life or plans and so he hesitated "Well, if you're sure you aren't doing anything, I figured your folks won't let you go on a nightly adventure, so maybe walking around somewhere...the only places I know of are considered haunted or no one ever goes to...those are somewhat my adventures for the day..." he should have thought this through a little better.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-15-2013, 08:04 PM

Gage wanted to chuckle at the idea of a nightly adventure. Any adventure was something prohibited by his parents, night time made no difference. "It's always night for me. It's just warmer during the day, but doesn't the night smell and sound better?" he said, then hesitated as he considered the rest of what Gage said. "If a place is haunted, isn't it just dangerous?" he asked, as that did generally seem to be the way of things. Parent's made up those sorts of tales to keep children and blind people from wandering into certain areas. "...I don't know..."

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-15-2013, 08:07 PM

"Yea, but, not all are dangerous. There is this really old house which is filled with secret passageways I heard and no one lives in it. It's been abandoned for more than sixty years...I lost track after that, but, the rumor that is going around is said to have a surprise or treasure within the house. I love mysteries so I always am trying to find it, but, haven't. Want to do that tomorrow night? I have practice in the morning throughout the day and taking care of my sisters until my 'rents get home. If you don't want to, just pick something you want to do, I'll be cool with it either way" of course he really wanted to check this house out with someone else.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-15-2013, 08:12 PM

"Er...well." Finally Gage just sighed though. "Yeah, we can do that tomorrow night." In reality Gage was feeling a little uncomfortable with this, but he did say that he wanted to go on an adventure. The problem was, as a place like that, he would have to rely mostly on another person. He thought Davir was nicer than anyone he'd met in a while to accept his blindness to easily, but that didn't mean he could trust the guy to lead him in moments that his own senses weren't enough. "But I doubt I'm the sort of person that's fun to explore with. I can't share the delight in whatever cool things you see. It's fine though, if that's what you want to do."

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-16-2013, 12:59 PM

Davir wasn't going to admit that he was afraid of ghosts, the sense of adventure was more to him than his fear, and it was a pretty lame fear since he kept telling himself and others he didn't believe in ghosts. Which wasn't completely true; Davir got a little excited and didn't bother to show it "Really? Cool!" Davir wasn't expecting him to agree to it or say yes. On his end he sort of did a pouting expression "You know, you can see in more than one way, and that's still sharing the experience with. Besides, the lights don't work, so we can help each other out." Davir was trying to make him a little more at ease on the subject, but, he wasn't the best at that. "Oh I have to go, I have to get my practice in before bed. See you tomorrow night at 8pm?" Davir asked knowing that it got dark around seven during the autumn times even if it was still a bit early.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-16-2013, 06:07 PM

Gage was happy when Davir pointed out that there were more than one kind of seeing. It was so true and someone he knew all too well from the first time he took bat form and 'saw' the room around him. This wasn't a kind of view that many other people shared though. Culture and media only focused on the visual and so many other people forgot they had four other senses to experience things with. A full smile pulled onto his face. "I'll see you then. Hopefully this will go well," he said. He said a quick good bye, then hung up. For a second, he sat still, thinking. He was going to go on an adventure. A hum of excitement and fear trembled through him. He could only hope that he didn't end up in trouble or worse because this sounded too good to pass up on.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-16-2013, 07:08 PM

(I have a new OC, can't wait to use him lol)

"I'll pick you up at eight then, at the graveyard" Davir said his goodbye as he hung up the phone placing it to the side on his phone charger. He moved to the middle of his floor where a pentagram was drawn (a circle with a star in the middle) sitting there in silence he focused himself and dove into training as he called it. After a few hours he went to sleep without being bothered until the next day.

He had slept past noon since he trained for six hours straight. That was the long he was able to train without any breaks or sleep. After he went downstairs to get his breakfast, he headed back up to his room, and finished it there. Always drinking his mixed vegetable or fruit drinks that he made himself, he then threw away the trash, and went back into training mode. Even if his phone would go off he wouldn't be able to hear it, not even if anyone called to him, or tried to get into the circle with him. His imagination was powerful, his dreams were great, and he was able to control both as well as he would wish to.

The day went by quickly for him, he wasn't like others so they day through meditation always went by as if it never began. Almost forgetting about that night after having flashbacks of memories he didn't possess, he realized it was eight-thirty now, and quickly fell out of his trance grabbing his phone "Crap crap, I'm late, I'm late" he ran all the way to graveyard they met hoping that Gage would remember where that was, then he stopped "What the hell am I doing!?" he ran back to get his bike, he didn't have any helmets to use, and raced to the graveyard slowing down a bit parking outside the gates.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-16-2013, 07:36 PM

Gage played the keyboard until he fell asleep half way through the night, not bothering to move to his bed. He was more comfortable in the desk chair near his instruments anyway. He passed the day in his usual way, the only difference being that he set an alarm to warn him when 8pm was nearing. That and he paid Maria a dollar and swore her to secrecy after asking her to take a set of his clothes to the graveyard and hide them behind the angel statue in the center. If she followed his instructions exactly, he should be able to find them later.

When Gage's alarm went off, he stuck his head out of his room and yelled down in the direction of the stairs. "I'm going for a fly!"

A macaw's clipped reply floated back up to him. "Have fun, yah. Have fun!"

This house was too much like a zoo, Gage thought as he stripped and pushed open his window. It was for the best that they rarely got visitors considering the possibility of a macaw or a deer running through the house. Or perhaps a snow leopard sleeping on the couch. He was the only one that rarely took animal form inside because houses were poor places for bats. He jumped out of the window, turning to a bat as he did so, using the height of the second story to his advantage. Bats couldn't fly straight up like a bird after all.

As quickly as a bat could, Gage set off for the graveyard. He really hoped that he had set the alarm early enough to give him time to get to the graveyard by eight, but he had the feeling he had set the alarm at eight exactly. The second the echos of the angel statue reached his large ears, he circled down and dropped to the ground behind it. He took human form grabbed the clothes that were thankfully there. He didn't think Davir was here yet. It would be a mess if the other boy found him half naked though.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-16-2013, 07:53 PM

Davir had arrived a little after eight thirty "Hey Gage you out here?" he asked in a normal tone figuring the other would hear him by now if he didn't. He walked into the graveyard looking for the other boy not seeing him until he looked over "Uh what are you doing?" Davir raised an eye brow at the boy who seemed to be a bit not fully dressed "Aren't you cold?" it didn't occur to him what Gage was doing besides changing clothes nor did any reasons pop into his head.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-16-2013, 07:59 PM

Gage jumped when he heard Davir's voice nearby. He'd been so intent on pulling his clothes on quickly that he hadn't heard the other approach. He turned to stare in the voice's direction as he pulled on his shirt without bothering to feel for where the tag was. He wasn't thinking about if he was putting it on the right way or not. "There you are. I'm just...never mind. Give me a minute," he said. He stood so that he could button his pants which he had not gotten to yet and gathered up his shoes. He was remarkably unflustered for someone in this situation, but Gage had very little sense of shame. It was probably because he couldn't see all eyes turned to stare at him. Unless it was in a voice, what was there to feel shame over? He had read somewhere that shame was based entirely upon another person's reaction. He started feeling along the ground for his belt and the bracelet he always wore.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 10-16-2013 at 10:21 PM..

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-16-2013, 10:52 PM

Davir hadn't paid much attention to Gage's body, it would have been rude if he did, and he wasn't in the mood to be rude right now. Leaning over he picked up the belt and bracelet which was next to each other "Here" Davir said placing the bracelet on the same wrist the boy had worn it on the night of Halloween. "When you're done, we'll head out" luckily his shirt was on the right way at least. He handed the belt over for Gage to do though "Ever ridden on a motor bike before?" he asked changing the subject.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-16-2013, 11:00 PM

"Thanks," Gage muttered as he accepted the belt and bracelet, putting them on quickly. He instantly felt better when he had their familiar weight on him. He felt most helpless when he was without them. "A motor bike? That's how you intend to get around?" Well, he couldn't say that it bothered him, but he was a bit surprised. He hadn't pegged Davir as the type. "I haven't been on any kind of bike before. The pace of my own feet is the only one I know."

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-17-2013, 12:24 AM

"Well the house is a little bit away...so the bike is the only way that..." Davir thought for a moment he didn't know if it was a good idea or not, so he figured he would give it a shot. Worse comes to worse they wouldn't be friends afterwards. "Alright Gage, are you against the motor bike or would you prefer a more nature like way to get there?" he knew that had to sound weird, but, he wanted to hear what he had to say before trying anything.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-17-2013, 01:43 AM

After a pause, Gage said, "I'm not against the bike. I was just surprised. Riding a motor bike isn't anything special right? As long as I know what to do..." He didn't really know anything about motor bikes. He was familiar with the smell and sound of one, but he didn't even know what one 'looked' like. He'd had no opportunity to touch one and it hadn't been explained to him in detail before. He wondered if it was much different from a bicycle.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-17-2013, 01:49 AM

"Would you like to...uh see it with your hands...to know what it feels like?" Davir suggested as he stood there waiting for the answer thinking it would be easier on the bike "It has more metal and a motor at most" he shrugged not sure what to say about it, he had got it as a birthday present one year. Way cheaper than a car or truck and it would need less gas which was expensive this day and age.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-17-2013, 01:59 AM

Gage had finished putting on his shoes and had himself situated by now. "Yes," he said simply. He tapped his bracelet a few times to get his bearings, though he didn't think he had the motorcycle in his view. Or he just didn't recognize the shape this way. He sighed a bit. "Which way is it? Oh...this tapping I do is for something like echolocation. In case you were wondering and thinking I'm weird," he decided to explain.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-17-2013, 02:34 AM

"Compared to me, you're quite normal" Davir said taking the boy by his hand leading him easily towards the motor bike "Ever been close up to one before?" he figured he hadn't been, he just wondered if the sound would scare the boy, but, sooner or later he would have to get on it. Davir took his hand placing it on the side of the bike "I only ride it at midnight, guess you can say that's how it got it's name" he thought it was lame to name it, but, he couldn't help it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-17-2013, 02:50 AM

Quite normal compared to another person? Gage laughed just slightly, the sound more of a breath than a laugh. He decided that Davir's words were just platitudes though because what could possibly make Davir stranger than a blind guy who showed up at the graveyard half clothed and clicking like a mad man? He let himself be led to the bike silently, not complaining about having to rely on another for once. "I only know the sound from the side of the street and from tv. This is the first time I've been close or been able to touch one," he said as he ran his hand lightly along the metal. He touch in every detail with his long fingers. The texture, the metal not yet chilled all the way through from being ridden recently. "It feels....powerful."

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 10-17-2013 at 03:02 AM..

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-17-2013, 03:23 AM

"It can be, I haven't finished updating it yet with the things I want to, it takes time to update a machine" Davir used the 'machine' word so easily, those who normally rode them introduced them with names, not the one word they didn't want to use as if they believe the machine would come to life. Davir gets on the bike holding his hand out near where the other's hand could feel his "Come on, I don't have a helmet for either of us, so if you don't want to ride. Let me know, there is more than one way to get there" he stated with a hidden intent.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-17-2013, 03:34 AM

"I don't care about things like helmets. This is better than walking right?" Gage said. He didn't understand how Davir could update this beast into anything more powerful, but he supposed such things were always possible. He could feel that the other had climbed onto the bike by the shift in weight distribution where his hand still lay on the bike. When he felt Davir's hand bump against his, he took hold of it and let the other boy help him onto the bike. The feeling of sitting there was strange. That's the only thing that he thought.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-17-2013, 03:40 AM

Davir looked behind him smiling even though he didn't care if he could be seen or not "Works for me, walking is slower, here" he took Gage's hands wrapping them around his waist so he could hold on "You might want to hold on, she still goes pretty fast" he looked towards he road in front of them, revved the engine a minute to make sure it could start, and started the bike up speeding down the road like he had always.

The wind in his hair felt great, the light of the moonlight felt exhilarating (making him feel stronger), and the way everything rushed by without a care in the world...well it was great. They sped through the open country side and into a bad city going right through it without stopping. Davir made sure to keep an eye on Gage so he wouldn't fall off.

Soon they arrived and he slowed the bike then stopped it, it had been a full fifteen minutes since they originally left the graveyard. That's how long the drive took them and the bike was faster than Davir was. "You okay?" he asked as the bike stopped in an abandoned driveway right next to the house, but, hidden in the bushes.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-17-2013, 03:57 AM

Gage held onto Davir, his grip tightening when the engine revved. Even with just that, he could feel the energy and vibrations coming from beneath him. Then they were speeding off with little warning. A silent 'wow' escaped Gage's lips and was thrown away by the wind. He leaned his head against Davir's back and twisted his fingers in his shirt. Wind tore at his clothes and hair and he felt like he could feel it in his every pore. Such power. Never before had he encountered anything quite like this, so untamed. Even the roar of it was more beastly than the roar of a leopard or the howls of rottweiler. In this way, he lost track of time.

Only when they rolled to a stop and the engine was cut did Gage lift his head and leave his world that existed only of feeling. "I really like it!" he exclaimed in a breathy way. He unwound his hands from around Davir and sat for a second, laughing just for the thrill of it.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-17-2013, 04:14 AM

Davir didn't move until the hands were removed from around his waist, then he slid off the bike easily after putting the kickstand up, and looked at Gage. Davir couldn't help, but, chuckle at the reaction he got from Gage. "Haha, I'm sorry, that was a priceless...uh interesting reaction for a first time rider" none of the others he met that rid on bikes or he let ride his ever reacted in that way. It was too fast for them and they often said no to a ride no matter what the weather conditions were like. "Do you want some water?" he asked, Davir had a bag under the seat of the motor bike, and he had filled it with just about everything in case of random adventures would occur.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-17-2013, 04:40 AM

Gage managed to slid off of the bike and stand after his laughter died down. He didn't care if his reaction was priceless. Riding the motor bike was exactly how he imagined a peregrine falcon must feel when it was diving at incredible speeds toward the earth, and he had often thought about what that would feel like. "I'm fine. I'm excited for this house now. I want to hurry up and go on this adventure," he said, declining the water. He supposed they must have arrived at the house, but so far, he knew nothing about the place.