Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Nightgaunt Send a message via MSN to Nightgaunt

Old 11-04-2007, 09:58 AM

"Hard to swallow...thats one way to put it." He chuckled in admission, taking the cup. "Well, the refrigerator is in the kitchen. I can show you while I rinse out these cups." He offered, gesturing vaguely with his cup back toward the kitchen. "Thats a start?"
No marshmallows next time, he noted, and had to grin at himself. Next time.
Something about the Engkanto certainly had a way of putting him at ease in a way that he couldn't figure would happen based on the description of his sister. Just one of those kinds of guy, he supposed.
"Sure, I'd like that. I think I could use the hand."

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-04-2007, 11:20 AM

Malaya nodded and stood up, holding the robe closer to his body and followed closely. "After this, I'll go change into some of my everyday clothes. I noted your discomfort at my sleeping clothes. In exchange for no more marshmallows in my chocolate, I won't prance about in my sleeping clothes when you're around."

Then he jokingly added in a whisper, "Unless of course you don't mind anymore..."

The engkanto grinned and then looked about in the kitchen. The first thing that caught his attention was truly the refrigerator. He curiously opened it and looked about. "It's cool in here. Not bad. It's a really nifty way to keep the vegetables and such fresh. Though... doesn't it also ruin the food if not taken cared of?"

He seemed rather interested about the device, though very careful not to touch anything in fear of ruining something. "Now that I remember... I've seen these sorts. Perhaps the older brother of the refrigerator. Freezers. And then they were getting smaller, but I was never able to follow through on that."

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-05-2007, 10:11 AM

Joseph colored again at the joke about the bathrobe, clearing his throat as he rinsed out the cups in the sink.
"...WEll I'm not exactly used to mostly naked people showing up in my lawn, or waking up with them on top of me when I'm pretty sure I wasn't drunk out of my mind the night before. Not...that I tend to do that but you know what I mean...Yeah. Ok. Going to try not to dig myself into a conversational hole there...or...stop digging." He put the rinsed cups in the sink to finish cleaning them later and moved to peer over Malaya's shoulder as he examined the refrigerator. "Well they used to do it with a sort of closet, some ice and sawdust, but they've sorta made things a bit flashier since then, obviously. 'Course the old version didn't loose it's cool when the power went out either."
He still looked a touch flustered, trying to come up with a good answer and reaction to the sleepwear question. Especially with his waking comment back rattling around his head.
God had he actually said that? He must have sounded like an idiot!

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-05-2007, 10:25 AM

Malaya let out a sound of awe as he turned to the human and asked, "So...How do you maintain this? I do get this needs electricity. Goodness...Is everything run by electricity these days or what?"

The engkanto opened the freezer and seemed amused. "Hmm...Interesting. Things are getting smaller, run by electricity and quite more accessible than they used to."

He traced the freezer with his fingers, enjoying the cool texture of it and asked, "You know...this is the sort of weather I like. There are times I actually climb mountains to stay there for some hours to enjoy the chill and---" The long haired spirit chuckled and then looked at Joseph. "So. What else do you have around here? What do you intend to put in here?"

...It was also just the temperature he liked to bite at his pinky white flesh in the company of lovers. But of course, Malaya chose not to say such in the fear of harassing dear Joseph once again.

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-05-2007, 10:45 AM

"Well I'm not run by electricity, but a lot of things are. I've kinda debated putting in a generator, just in case we loose power in a storm, but they're expensive and I think kind of noisy." He shrugged, quirking a smile at Malaya's fascination. "I've gotta make a run into town and get some food, but I've got the television, my computers, my books... Game system..." He grinned sheepishly at this last bit. "Nothing super exciting, I didn't have a lot of room for huge stuff in my apartment, and It's not a great idea to but something super expensive when you're living book to book...
But things will look better unpacked and when I get pictures and stuff on the walls."

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-05-2007, 10:55 AM

Malaya chuckled, "That would be quite something! Humans run by electricity. I wonder when would that be possible. Though I'm frightened that the world wouldn't be in need of trees by then. I won't see it anymore!" He sighed sadly with a hint of amusement nonetheless.

"Oh...you're leaving? Ehh, Joseph... I'm curious though. Do you mind having a shadow, a talking shadow following you around though? I want to see how your town looks like."

The spirit close the refrigerator and rubbed his hands together, "...But it's alright if you say no. Though I'll be a little disappointed if you don't let me help you. I know I'm imposing but I really do intend to help whenever I can."

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-05-2007, 10:31 PM

"Hm? Uh, sure if you really want." He blinked, unable to think of an argument against this request. "Just so long as you wear a seatbelt. I don't want to test people's launching distance if we hit a deer, you know? Not that I'm planning on it, but it's better safe than sorry." He offered, coming over to peer at the poorly supplied refrigerator and freezer. He could probably get by on what he had, but somehow he suspected he might be having a guest for dinner. Which actually didn't make having the Enkanto along a bad thing, since he had no idea what he -ate- exactly.
"Call me Muse if you want." He offered. "Most people do."

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-06-2007, 05:25 AM

Malaya nodded. "I'll also get a change of clothes too. I wouldn't want to embarass your good name while I'm at it." The spirit winked at the human as he shrugged off the Superman robe and handed it back to him. "Just give me a minute or so..."

"Muse? Alright. I'll keep that in mind then."

He bolted out of the door and back into his tree. Wanting to somewhat impress him, the engkanto picked a human set of clothes. It was a simple but elegant blouse from the Renaissance which was still kept in pristine and almost new condition. Long cuffs, not too ornate but with simple lace and tuff where it counted. To match it up, he found a pair of men's pants of deep midnight blue and fitted it over his long legs.

Although what he wore might have been wonderful to behold, Malaya felt that he was somewhat out of place... Somehow.

"Say, Muse... If I went out looking like this, would it be embarrassing on your part", he asked when he made his way back barefoot again.

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-06-2007, 10:07 AM

Muse gave a sound of part startlement, part amusement at Malaya's outfit. It was quite something to look at, if a bit behind the times. Just a bit.
"Well, I don't have a problem with it, but I don't think you'll see many other guys around wearing something similar, unless we go to an historical reenactment. No offense...and you might want some shoes. I think town's going to be a little hard on bare feet, and some of the stores won't let you in unless you have at least sandals on."
So maybe, he thought, amused, there was a definite difference in the culture Malaya was used to living in compared to the way things were here. The Renaissance hadn't happened only fifty years ago after all.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-06-2007, 11:08 AM

"...I thought so." He gave a nervous smile as he scratched his head and had a double take on his clothes. "You wouldn't believe how I got this... My human clothes are mostly of this sort of style but I have plainer versions---" He drawled on the last word before raising his arms up in the air and surrendered, "Fine. I know I'm too backwards. Do you have a something in my size?"

The engkanto shifted uneasily as he touched the back of his neck and then looked at his shirt. "Ehh... If I decided to just wear a long white tunic, I still think I'd be embarrassing you out there anyway. So I can't go for that either. Maybe---Maybe I shouldn't go."

Malaya chuckled and shook his head, "I think I'll manage if you leave me? I think?"

Even he wasn't even sure of what he was saying. A part of him taunted and asked, Who are convincing: him or yourself?

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-06-2007, 11:26 PM

"Backwards isn't quite the word I'd use for it, you should see how some of the goths dress, but thats the city..." He offered, feeling guilty now and trying to make Malaya feel better about his clothing. "...Um. We can figure it out as we go. Did you just want to borrow a shirt and some sandals?" he offered, figiting again in anxiety at the disruption he'd caused. "Hell I think the tunic would even work if you had any jeans. I think mine might be a bit loose but we can always give you a belt. Or something... Would that work by you?" he spread his hands in offering.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-07-2007, 01:23 AM

Goths? When he last heard of them...They were busy taking over Europe. What new movement was this that still used their names up to now? Malaya tilted his head in curious awe at the mention of goths. He didn't voice out his inquiry and simply nodded. He would have to find out some other time, "My tunic's quite simple. It's up to the elbow and made of soft fabric with the embroidery of my rank at the bank. I can assure you it's tasteful. And what are jeans? Sandals would be good though."

The engkanto had tied his hair in a low ponytail, pulling away his hair from his face, giving a better view of his oval shaped face, long bridge nose and gray eyes. The spirit's face was more of a sculpted sort of oval. Curves, dips and some soft lines to it.

He smiled and took the man's hand. "Thank you, Muse."

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-07-2007, 10:13 AM

"Jeans are like what I'm wearing." he explained, gesturing vaguely at his own faded denim. He'd almost given up on trying to second guess weather or not Malaya would, or should, know about any of these things that seemed to simple and normal to him. "I doubt anyone's going to recognize the rank mark but I'm sure it'll look fine..."
He trailed off to a smile as Malaya took his hand, giving Malaya's a somewhat uncertain squeeze.
"Hey no prob. You're in a new place, you need a hand."He would have added that he was just 'playing' good neighbor, but somehow suspected it wouldn't quite be taken right. "Lets go see what we've got that fits, huh?"

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-07-2007, 10:22 AM

Malaya smiled, nodding as he followed suit. He was out of words, finding that simple words would not be enough to express what he felt right now. The spirit was thankful, blessed feeling and still lost. But there was a strange sense of excitement that filled him as each moment passed.

As if he had been given a second chance at things.

"The most people might probably think it's something groovy or psychedelic I suppose... But that's fine by me. At least I'm clothed."

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-07-2007, 09:52 PM

"Yeah well, there's worse things than being accused of reviving sixties fashion. At least it's not tie-dye. That style just needs buried somewhere deep if you ask me." He laughed a little, offering a wider grin than before as he gestured Malaya back toward the bedroom.
Some subtle change had affected his mood also, and he felt...for no particular reason, considerably happier.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-08-2007, 09:30 AM

Malaya nodded, "I...definitely have a lot to learn from your generation then. To think I'm considered one of the best sources about human existence where I'm from." He followed the brunet back to the bedroom and waited on him. Really, if he was one of the best, that was really something to be worried about now right?

He removed the bind on his hair and allowed it fall past his shoulder blades then sat by the window, looking out at his home. It felt surreal to him.

"Joseph...I mean Muse. What's it like when you're out there? In the city, is there anything I need to know before venturing out---precautions perhaps?"

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-08-2007, 10:22 AM

"In a world of the blind, the man with one eye is king. I think thats how the expression goes. It means that even if you're not fully informed, you're doing better than the people who aren't informed at all." He walked back into the bedroom, sorting around a bit and popping open another box, and the closet door, rooting around for a pair of jeans that might fit. It took him a moment or so, but he emerged from the closet with a pair of jeans, and pulled a belt from the box. Supposedly it was made with something odd like Horsehair, he'd bought it while out on a signing trip out west, and thought it was fun.
"OK, here we go. I think you should be able to wear these..." He offered, as he walked back. "Lets get you some sandals. The City? It's about an hour away, so a bit of a long haul. I'll probably get groceries in town which is a lot smaller, a lot less busy. The City's very...very big. Skyscrapers and a lot of people. Barely pays off to have a car there unless you're out of town a lot. Costs too much to keep it in a garage and costs even more to be sitting in traffic burning fuel. Out here you kind of need one. The City's good if you like being around people a lot, or if you get, I guess, inspired by it. There's always a lot to do at any hour of the morning or night. All sorts of crazy fashions people will wear, it's kinda fun just to sit back and people watch even."

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-08-2007, 10:39 AM

All the things that had been imparted to him did not help but make him curious all the more. Malaya nodded and looked at the clothes that had been offered to him. "Thank you. Muse... I'm curious though. Can I dress here or would I need to go some place private for this?" It was a silly question... A bit of a taunt and a tease at the same time.

There was a strange sense of amusement he felt when he shocked the brunet with his manners. Yes, he was an eccentric geek after all.

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-09-2007, 10:47 AM

If that was what he was aiming for, Malaya certainly seemed to have mastered the art of catching Muse somewhat off guard, if not with the actual question, then with the way he asked them. He appeared back out of the closet with a pair of sandals in hand, blinking as he digested this statement, and trying to be certain that he'd taken that tone the right way.
"Well...I guess thats up to you..." He offered, holding out the shoes and leaning on the closet door. "You want me to clear out for a minute?"

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-09-2007, 12:35 PM

"If possible though if otherwise I really wouldn't mind," smiled the spirit. He chuckled inwardly over the little taunt he made. This would only be the beginning. He liked Joseph. Hence the mischievous child in him came out so easily and took liberty over the situation.

The sandals he received from the brunet made him ooh in awe. Simple and more towards usefulness than vanity, Malaya liked the way they were designed. Although they wouldn't show his nicely shaped feet, at least for a guy.

Everything he noticed about the things Muse owned was very efficient. Although not very extravagant, they looked like they would last long.

"I like your accommodations. Very comfortable and efficient. It's such a break from everything so beautiful, sparkling and tedious in use way back home."

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-10-2007, 12:49 PM

Muse raised his eyebrows again at Malaya's comment, then he laughed. He still looked flustered, but he was starting to realize when he was being poked at just to see him turn color.
"You know thats a first, usually I get griped at for being a bit too spartan, but I kinda like knowing my stuff isn't going to fall apart if it looks at something other than a sidewalk.
Although I think it's fair to point out if you keep teasing me I'm going to start teasing back?"

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-10-2007, 01:31 PM

Chuckling to himself as he slowly undid the drawstrings of his pants behind a cabinet door away from Joseph's eyes, Malaya chuckled, "Now do they? Simplicity has it's merits. I don't know if it has already happened or has yet to happen but I can feel the trend towards simplicity, lines and curves coming. From all the earlier era's emphasis on flamboyance and elegance, surely people are going to tire of it..." He slipped them off his legs and hanged it over the door.

"Hmm, you catch on quick. I like that a lot." Once he was done, the foreign spirit closed the door and lifted his blouse to look at the fit of the denim jeans on him.
"Not too tight or loose. Just right. I like this..."

Then he looked at the brunet and rose an eyebrow in contemplation, "Well... You're more than welcome then. I'd like to see your humor in action as well, Joseph."

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-12-2007, 10:24 AM

"Oh you'll see it." Joe grinned, folding his arms and leaning on the wall as Malaya changed. "I think that trend comes and goes. People go through 'moods' I guess on what they like. It feels like every other year people swing back and forth between flashing and simple, or some weird combination of both. Some people are just more fad-ish than others I guess." He spread his hands in a gesture of being unable to explain some of the frivolity of human behavior and shrugged. "Think you're about ready?" He asked, tucking his hands partially into his pockets as he looked over Malaya in his borrowed clothing. "Looks good."

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-12-2007, 11:02 AM

Hmmm, mused the engkanto as he admired himself in front of the mirror, Perfect...It masks my behind and makes me look baggy even less slender on the bottom even.

Turning to Joseph, he gave the mortal a smile and nodded, "Cyclical eh? Not too surprising. And done? Oh yes. I am. I'll just---" Malaya paused to take in the insides of the man's spartan cabinet, "You're a shirt guy..."

He looked at the shirts and wondered if he could borrow instead of getting a tunic.

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-14-2007, 10:47 AM

"...Yeah a bit I guess." He admitted, figiting with his hair as he stepped forward to glance at the inside of the closet. "...Most jeans look kind of the same to me and there's only so many pairs of dress pants a guy needs..." He shrugged, somehow faintly embarrassed to have this discrepancy in his wardrobe pointed out. "I dunno. Thats just how I see it."