Jeanemon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-18-2008, 02:26 AM

Name: Veli Järvinen
Height: 5'11
Eye color: Blue
Hair: Brown, with green streaks
Style: straight and somewhat fine, mid back, usually pulled into a ponytail.
Other: Sometimes sports a goatee. Usually shaves it off.
Unique traits: Webbed fingers and toes, green and blue 'Tattoos' covering most of his back, lower chest, and thighs. Not a tattoo, persay, more like mottled skin. Good lips, strong nose and chin.
Relations: Sisko (Sister) Taika (Mother) Taavi (Father)

Merman form:

Head: Covered in scales, somewhat resembling the face of an angler fish with large, luminous eyes and a mouth full of jagged, protruding teeth, not much of a nose with two slitted nostrils. Not really ears, but sort of flared fins on the side of his head. Little angler doodad. It lights up, too.

Upper Torso: Scaled, resembling a humans. Upper arms have fins, as do lower arms. Hands have two 'fingers' and a 'thumb', all having large claws.

Lower body: Fishtail. Blue and green scales, very flashy and opalescent. The one 'true' part of his merman heritage. Traditional mermaid tail.

Transformation: A complete submersion in water causes the transformation to fishman, while drying him out turns him into the human form.

Talents: Anything to do with music or art Veli is good at. Pool, too.

Weakness: money. He doesn't understand bills. Coins he does well enough with. Not too good with math, either. Don't even try him on politics.

Ermine
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Ermine Send a message via MSN to Ermine Send a message via Yahoo to Ermine

Old 01-18-2008, 02:33 AM

Name: Noah James
Height: 6'2"
Eye color: Blue, small and almond-shaped
Hair: Probably once dirty blonde, but shaved close
Build: Tall and buff (not to the point of body-builder-esque, but well-built from years of work).
Other: Well-tanned, often grumpy with a 5 o'clock shadow, frequents bars and proclaims heterosexuality. He's a construction and DE-constructon worker!

Relations: Well, God knows...

Jeanemon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-18-2008, 02:39 AM

Bars like this were the best kind.

Sure, wasn't high class or anything. But Veli wouldn't have it any other way. Those bastards were full of themselves. These guys were more often drunk than not, and half the time they didn't even act like they heard any music being played.

That part kinda miffed him. But, hey. At least they were fun to watch after he was done singing.

Signing was what he did. Didn't play any instrument, just sang the lyrics to songs written almost before he was out of adolescence. He was good, but then again, it didn't matter when your audience was drunk and old and crotchety. He didn't hear any complaints, though.

Currently, he sat at the bar, peeling off the label on his bottle and waiting for a pool table to open up.

Ermine
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Ermine Send a message via MSN to Ermine Send a message via Yahoo to Ermine

Old 01-18-2008, 02:44 AM

It was about then that Noah entered. He took the stool a few down from Veli an ordered his usual brand of beer. He sat, breathing heavily, and sipped.

Huh! It seemed that he had run here.

Jeanemon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-18-2008, 03:00 AM

Noticing the newcomer, Veli turned his head slightly, watching him from the corner of his eye. He had pretty good side vision.

. . . Nice. It took something fine in a man to make his heartbeat to pick up like that.

Turning his attentions back to the pool table, Veli finished removing his label, idly tipping back what was left in the bottle.

Now... What would be the best way to introduce yourself...

Ermine
*^_^*

Old 01-18-2008, 03:02 AM

Carefully, of course, as Noah had just been approached by a lithe young thing. She giggled and sat beside him, ordering some kind of hideous fruity thing. Not his kind of woman, that was for sure.

"I'm Ginaaa!"

"Noah."

"How CUUUUTE!"

"Mom thought so."

Jeanemon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-18-2008, 03:14 AM

Ew. Girlthing, and it was drinking a girly drink. Veli wrinkled his nose and- Aha, table open!

"Hey!" He called, leaning towards Noah. "You play pool? I need someone to play against."

Ermine
*^_^*

Old 01-18-2008, 03:17 AM

At first, Noah looked confused. Why would someone he'd never seen in his entire goddamn life be asking him to play pool?

...and then he realized that anything was better than "Giiinaaaaa" with the broken nose.

"Sure, kid," he nodded, taking his beer with him. Hope ya don't mind bein' beaten." He grinned, heading for the cues with Gina close behind.

Jeanemon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-18-2008, 03:25 AM

"Psh, don't be so full of yourself, old man." Veli said, grinning. He picked up a cue and then checked the balls over, making sure that they were set up right.

"Wanna break?"

Ermine
*^_^*

Old 01-18-2008, 07:28 PM

Noah said nothing, but smiled and motioned for the table. No, he'd prefer to not. Now, people were beginning to crowd around to watch.

Jeanemon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-18-2008, 10:43 PM

Humming slightly, Veli leaned over the table, eying the balls for a moment. Somewhat like a cat getting ready to pounce, he wiggled slightly. He shot the ball, breaking the rest, and stood, cue in hand.

"Stripes." He said, looking over the break.

Ermine
*^_^*

Old 01-18-2008, 10:56 PM

"Mmhm," Noah said vaguely, crouching to get at eye-level with the table. He stood and made the next move..and so the game had begun!

Jeanemon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-19-2008, 12:00 AM

And, like he'd said, Veli was good at pool. Very good. Hell, he didn't do much else anymore...

He sunk another shot, moving in the second to last ball. While he played he looked ever so serious, occasionally trying to chat, but mostly just watching the game and the man from the corner of his eyes.

Ermine
*^_^*

Old 01-19-2008, 12:13 AM

Noah really didn't seem to care. He leaned on his cue, one ankle crossed over the other, smiling slightly. This game was the least of his worries.

"Looks like you're gettin' your ASS whupped!" a very, very drunk Gina laughed, stumbling into her new-found date.

Jeanemon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-19-2008, 12:17 AM

"And it looks like you shouldn't have had those last few fruity things." Veli laughed, sinking the last ball. "Besides, he's probably got himself a life. I spend too much time playin' pool."

Ermine
*^_^*

Old 01-19-2008, 12:25 AM

"Just a full-time job, Rocker Boy," Noah snorted and purposefully knocked a ball in front of the 8-ball. Huh! Apparently he'd seen Veli perform before...

"Now go ahead and kick an old man's ass."

Jeanemon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-19-2008, 12:38 AM

"Yeah, well, I got singing and pool. Good life." Veli snorted, moving slightly, ricocheting the white ball off of the side of the table and knocking the eight ball neatly into the corner pocket.

"Done and done. You're not that old, though."

Ermine
*^_^*

Old 01-19-2008, 12:39 AM

"You didn't call it, but I'll let you slide," Noah snorted and shook his head, sipping at his second beer.

"Good game," he said, offering his hand.

Jeanemon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-19-2008, 12:56 AM

Veli smiled, shaking his hand. Mmm, warm human.

"Thanks for joining me." He said, grinning. "Let me buy you another drink when you get done with that one."

Ermine
*^_^*

Old 01-19-2008, 12:58 AM

"Pity, I see," Noah said, finishing the shake and not seeming to notice Veli's lack of body heat, "Not that I'm complaining."

He began back toward the bar and looked over his shoulder.

"What's your name?" he asked as he mounted a stool, Gina following.

Jeanemon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-19-2008, 01:05 AM

Veli returned to the bar as well. "Veli." He said, ordering himself another beer. The man drank like a fish, he did.

Ermine
*^_^*

Old 01-19-2008, 01:12 AM

"Nice to meet you," Noah nodded and took a final swig. He wiggled his now-empty beer bottle in front of Veli's face, chuckling slightly to himself.

Jeanemon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-19-2008, 01:22 AM

"The pleasure's mine." Veli nodding, ordering Noah another drink on his tab.

Oh, he wished the pleasure was all his.

Ermine
*^_^*

Old 01-19-2008, 01:33 AM

"Thanks," Noah said to the barkeep as he was handed a beer, and then he turned to Veli and gave a more sincere "thanks".

"You're real good at pool," he commented casually.

Jeanemon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-19-2008, 01:42 AM

At the thanks, Veli grinned, raising his bottle in a sort of salute.

"Like I said. When I'm not up on stage I'm either at the bar or on the tables. I'm not too complicated."