Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 02-14-2008, 07:52 AM

She smiled "Sometimes it can get a bit stressful though, they push you pretty hard in classes, but only because you could potentially kill someone if you don't get it right." She shrugged "But it evens out alright. Out of class it's pretty comfortable."

Charlie looked at the photo and smiled "I'm sorry he's gone." She told her "I won't feel uncomfortable." She reassured. In fact she was slightly relieved that it wouldn't hurt her. She knew she'd forget and say something about dads that would only upset her if it did hurt to talk about it. She did have a habbit of wandering around in a day dream after all.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 08:06 AM

Nicole smiled, thankful not to have made the other girl uncomfortable. She picked up her class schedule and examined it. "Wow. When I learned about this place, I expected it to be all about powers. But these are actually the same kind of classes normal school has."

She looked up from her schedule. "The schedule doesn't really say much about power classes, when are those?"

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 08:16 AM

Charlie shrugged "There's a group one every friday last thing, but mainly it's all worked into our scheduals and one on one tutoring when they'll ask for certain students and work with what you need help on. They try and keep things normal, so the parents don't freak out about your education slipping, but during your classes you'll work with powers or learn about them. Like in Physical ed, that's mainly using powers. History you learn about the morality of when to use powers and when not to... As well as the rise of American independance." She smiled "It's pretty nice really, everything works together. 'The way our powers will work within our normal lives'."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 09:28 PM

Nicole listened as Charlie explained the power classes. "Well, that sounds cool," She said.
She stood up from her bed, and walked a few steps to the door. "Ready to continue the tour, oh great tour guide?" She asked with a giggle. "Where to next?"

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 09:30 PM

She nodded and stood up again "Food hall then classes I guess." She replied leading the way back down the staires. "It's on your map anyway if you get lost." She added as an after-thought.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 09:38 PM

"So, how long have you been here?" Asked Nicole, running to catch up with Charlie who had started walking a little faster.
Everything was pretty quiet through the halls, seeing as about everyone was in their classes. Voices could be heard behind various doors, only making Nicole eager to begin classes.

"Ohh, and did I ever ask you what your power is?"

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 09:47 PM

Charlie looked back at Nicole with a slight shrug "I've been here for around three years." She replied absently. "My dad kinda freaked out and sent me here as soon as he could." She sighed and looked away, her face becomming hidden by her long black hair "They call my power Thermokinesis" She didn't sound impressed. "My mother calls it the gift of Sekhmet." She seemed to like this description much better "But whichever name you give it, it all means the same thing. I can manipulate the temperature of liquid molecules." Somewhere during this explaination she had begun playing with the pendant once more.

"So this is the dining hall." She suddenly announced entering a large wood pannelled room lined with tables and chaires.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 09:56 PM

Nicole raised an eyebrow. "So like...You can make things hotter?" She asked, "That sounds really cool. Is it hard to control? I mean, do you ever make things hot without meaning to, or have you learned to control it completely? Is this place really that good at helping control powers?"

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 10:07 PM

Charlie paused, nodded then, with a sigh, spoke "Yes I make things hotter, but only things with liqiud in them. Such as air, a human being, water..." She shrugged "I have almost complete control of it, but...have you ever had that feeling where you feel as though you're about to explode if you don't just vent and let it all out? I loose control then. It can get quite dangerous. And when you're so mentally drained that you just can't do anything? Things get very cold." She smiled and looked at her again.

"See there's this family legend that the goddess Sekhmet herself bestowed her powers on the women of my family as a thank you, for helping her. My mom has them and my gradma has them. But..." She bit her bottom lip, then shook her head, "My mom helped me learn to control my powers. Because she has the same powers she knew exactly what I needed to know so I had a pretty good grasp on them by the time my dad had me in here." She shrugged. "They're working on helping me to control my powers when I get very emotional or drained. It's not working too well. But they've done a pretty good job with everyone else."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 10:12 PM

"I think it's really cool you come from a long line of people with powers," Said Nicole when Charlie was finished. "As far as I know, none of the people in my family had powers...And I really hope you get the hang of them when you're emotional. Maybe we can even help eachother out with our powers- at least once I get to know more about mine, anyway."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 10:16 PM

Charlie nodded "It's pretty cool, a lot to live up to though." She admitted with a shake of the head. She smiled "I'll help you if ever I can, but I don't know too much about other peoples powers." She admitted. "Anyway, Let's got to the rec room and then what class are you due in? Mine's history."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 10:21 PM

"Ohh, well...I was actually planning on starting classes tomorrow. I really need to get washed up, It's been a while since I've showered. I was planning on taking one after the tour," Said Nicole. She hoped it was okay that she didn't do classes that day. She had had a long few days, and she mostly just wanted to relax and get to know the school a bit before actually working.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 10:27 PM

She nodded "The shower room is at the end of the hall our bedroom is on. It's labled." She told her "The showers are in cubicals so don't worry about everyone showering together." She smiled. Leading her into another room she announced "This is the rec room. As you can see, television, stereo, books sofas... just gaining control of them is a little bit of a battle. Mostly people go outside."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 10:32 PM

Nicole nodded when Charlie told her where the shower was. "So like, is there a special training room, where people can go in at any time to practice? Because I'd really like to be able to practice by myself, not just in a class," She said, shrugging. "I don't mind having to practice in a class, it'd just be nice to have somewhere I can go whenever."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 10:39 PM

She shrugged and smiled "You're allowed to use your powers whenever you like so long as you don't try to hurt each other. I use mine a lot at breakfast. In fact so do a lot of people. Flying toast is a regular sighting. But if you want to go somewhere by yourself, just find an empty room." She explained.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 10:48 PM

"Ohh," Said Nicole, disappointed in the lack of official training rooms. "Well if I'm going to practice my flight, I'll need plenty of pillows," She said with a laugh.
"Well, if you have class soon, I'm going to go have my shower now," She said. "I'll meet you back in the room later, okay? Wish me luck on not getting lost!"
With a wave, she started heading in the direction of the bathrooms.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 10:52 PM

"Use your map" She advised. "Good luck" She slouched against the door frame for a moment before slowly heading back towards class. She took her seat in silence and leant back, listening to the discussion going on around her, but not really taking part in it. This was normal. No one really expected her to anymore.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 10:55 PM

About an hour and a good scrub later, Nicole had finished her shower and was on her way back to the room. She had to use her map to reach the bathroom, as she ended up going the wrong direction twice.

She entered the room, enjoying the peace and quiete as she sat down on her bed, feeling the effects of her journey to the school taking affect. It had been days since she had been in an actual bed.

She lay down on her bed, feeling sleep take over almost instantly.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 11:05 PM

Classes finished and a wave of chatter filled the lower hallways as the students met up with their friends and went their own ways to do their own thing. Charlie headed back upstairs. The commotion of downstairs was strangely deadened in the upper bedroom hallways, Charlie smiled, she'd never noticed this before, she rarely came up here before the rest of the student body began trickling up.

Entering the bedroom Charlie glanced around, noticing Nicole asleep she paused. Should she wake her? It may be an idea. She doubted Nicole had eaten properly since she was so tired. She nodded and went over, sitting on the edge of the bed and placing her hand on Nicoles arm. "Hey. Time to wake up."

Slowly her hand began to cool, little by little. Very few people could sleep with a cold hand on them. A trick she had found when waking her brother up. However with her brother she usually went straight to freezing. She wasn't that cruel with Nicole.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 11:08 PM

Nicole shivered as she opened her eyes, feeling something cold on her arm. Seeing Charlie, she sat up. "What happ'm, what time izzit?" She asked groggily, wiping her eyes.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 11:10 PM

It's about time for dinner." Charlie replied, her hand returning promptly to normal temperature, warming Nicoles arm once more before removing it. "I figured you'd be hungry."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 11:15 PM

Nicole actually hadn't realied just how hungry she was until the mention of food. She put a hand to her stomach just as it let out a low growl. "Starving," She said, still sounding kind of tired, but she let out a giggle at her stomach. "Tummy says yes to food."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 11:17 PM

Charlie nodded "I thought so. Come on then, there's a few minutes to kill before food. About enough time for you to wake up completly I think" She laughed standing up. "Did you find the showers alright?"

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 11:20 PM

"Actually I got lost twice," She said, standing up from her bed and stretching. "The map's pretty useful though. How was class?"

She reached inside of her backpack and pulled out a brush, trying to tame her mess of bed hair. "Did anything interesting happen?"

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 11:23 PM

Charlie shook her head. "Not really, an interesting debate on ethics, but that's all really." She brushed her hair from her face. "You'll see what classes are like though tomorrow."