`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 03-20-2009, 05:04 AM

I'm not feeling creative today, so the truth will have to suffice as an excuse. xD

Even if we had had the gas or a good enough car to attend, seeing as I live in Missouri, my family has been having it hard lately. And I mean HARD.
As anyone who talks to me on a daily basis knows, I'm so frustrated and worried about things that I can't think straight. In fact, I haven't even been keeping track of the days very well.
My mom's been really depressed, so she wouldn't have felt like taking me.
Then the bills started coming in, shut offs of course. Our car for one thing, the only way I had to get to the con. was being threatened to be repossessed. They shut it off electronically and we couldn't even drive it. Its ok now though, my grandparents paid all our bills. Again. ._. But obviously its too late for the convention now. @_@
And then my dad got...sick. I can't really describe it since there's total strangers reading this, but I'll leave it at the fact that he needs us to watch him 24-7. .__.

Top it all off with the fact that since I've been having such horrific migraines from worrying and things, I was given pain pills so I've spent most of some of the past week either sleeping, or kinda in a sleepy state. So even if there was some way I could have gone, I wouldn't have been able to. DX

This is just depressing. xP But its unfortunately the truth. If you choose to give me a shirt CK, I'd like a girl's shirt.

Colours
so cool it's disarming

Old 03-20-2009, 04:35 PM

Please click the previews too see my story!
read from left ---> right

and yes i really do think like this sometimes Dx

(and because my comic skills are horrible!..and my scanner acted funny~
in the sixth panel of the first page, behind colours are 3 Ls and 1 kira~ xDD i always thought it was funny to see 5bajillion Ls huddled in one circle and
colours did steal a ichigo cosplay's sword and tried to use a pokeball to catch the crow
and yes the window in the 4th panel of the second page is a window :D OTL)

THANKS FOR READING :'D

-edit
i forgot to say which shirt~
male shirt please!

Last edited by Colours; 03-20-2009 at 09:20 PM..

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 03-20-2009, 05:06 PM

Well you see I was on my way to the convention when out of nowhere a massive swarm of zombies appeared.

So naturally, all of the townsfolk in the little place I was resting at were freaking out.

I mean seriously? Have they never played Resident Evil?

Well anyways, I couldn't just leave those poor people spazzing like that, so I pulled out my shotgun from the the back of the car, grabbed a couple of boxes of ammo and a Coke, and headed out to help.

Several hours of grueling zombie-butt kicking later, I headed back to my car for a fresh change of clothes and to check the time, and I found that the convention would end in 3 hours - and I had a four hour drive left!

Now I could have just used that ol' hole-in-the-space-time-continuum I have stored in my trunk , but before I could pull it out, the mayor of the town came and begged me to stay the night, as he was afraid that the zombies might regroup and come back.

What could I do? I don't like to see grown men cry over such simple matters as zombie attacks!

So I stayed the night through, slept rather well with the exception of a horde of zombie birds coming in at around 2 am, and sadly drove myself back home the next morning.

Don't believe me? I took a picture of one of the zombies as proof!

It rather happens when I woke up I found that the zombies had stolen my spare change of clothes! D<
Now I am in need of a clean shirt ;-;

And it was all the zombies fault!

(though really, I live 10 hours away from Georgia and mom wouldn't let me drive that far since I've only had my license a few months D;
Next time I'll prolly get to go though because I'll be in COLLEGE! :D

EDIT: oh right, a female shirt would be rather lovely ;-; )

Last edited by WinglessFairy; 03-20-2009 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: Forgot stuff XD

AND LOVE SAiiD NO
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-20-2009, 09:07 PM

Hmm. i have no imagination what so ever D:

Well ;; i wouldve been excited to go to Momocon
but unfortunately i live in NY and was not able to attend :c
If the convention was near me however, i deffinately would've made it
my business to go -nod-
I LOVE mene and I have met so many nice people on here
that it would've been a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet everyone
and i could only imagine how exciting it was to talk to someone and hear their
familiar Usernames and be like OMGGG OMGGGG I KNOW YOUUU!!!!

But, yeah thats my story plain as it may seem =/
& i will look foward to a convention in NY perhaps? :angel:

If i shall win : o
id like the female tee. thanks all (:

sky_angel
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to sky_angel

Old 03-21-2009, 04:32 AM

Well I sadly was not able to go like many others, and probably for the same reason as many others.

But since I am terrible at telling fantsiful stories off the top of my head that just so happen to wow people...i guess I am stuck with telling the truth.

So the short version of the truth is I just don't have the money to travel to Georgia from Illinois.

And now for the long version....Since I was a young child I have always wanted to go to some sort of comic/fantisy convention, but with my parents being strict like they were I was not allowed to go especially to one without them. Of course they never wanted to go with me to one either. Well when I finally turned 18 and moved out I would have gotten my chance to be able to go to one, but sadly during my senoir year of high school I got hooked up with the wrong kind of friends. Since I had always been shy and always lacked in the friend department, I did anything I could to hang out with them due to the attention I was getting. Because of this I got in to drinking and drugs; I also dropped out of college and moved into government housing. They stole from my family and me, and one day I just hit bottom and got rid of them.

My mother got me a job subbing at the school where she works, and after several years of doing that as well as working in other schools and even at a casey's store. At 23, I am finally at a better place in my life. Even though I have a fulltime job and a better since of self worth; I still live from paycheck to paycheck. In December my car shot craps and up until February I had been borrowing my parents car...well they really needed their car back, so in February I had taken all of my savings and bought a $700 car that seems to run for the meantime. I, ofcorse, do not think it will run for long though.

Well that money was what I had been saving to get my wisdom teeth removed, which I will need $2000 before I can go in and get them removed. Since I have went over a year or more without getting them removed, one of my lower ones have rubbed a large hole in my last molar. whcih I of course definatly don't have the spare cash to get removed. Since I have let the rotting tooth go so long it has cause quite a bit of swelling of my jaw as well as my throught. The swelling and infection has cause quite of bit of respritory problems; I am constantly coughing and coughing up mucus from it.

I just don't have the money to go to a convention in Georgia, and if I did I have several more inportant things to spend it on.

So like I have stated origionally, my story isn't very interesting or creative, but it is the truth. If you by chance feel that I am worthy of a shirt, I would love a female one.

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 03-21-2009, 08:30 AM

well you see, the thing is...
I was going be there for all the awesome fun buuuut...

Just as I was about to board my flight from Australia to the US I was attacked, but the government! I was whisked away to a secret government headquarters were the Australian Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, was waiting for me, to get my advice! He kept me in that tiny, dark room asking me what to do about this financial crisis and so on for what seemed like days... weeks! In fact it was only a couple of hours but by that time the flight was gone you see...

Anyway, I tried to get another flight, but I spent my $900 bonus that KRudd had given everyone in Australia on the first ticket, and no matter now much I tried to explain to KRudd that I needed more money to get on another flight because I was now broke he simply refused to help me out! Rather selfish of him I think, wanting my advice on those tough political matters and refusing to help me in return...

So that's why I couldn't get here, darn Kevin Rudd gave me the money for the flight then dragged me away to grill me just as I was about to fly... and I was too poor to buy another ticket...

Yeah but really I was just too poor to buy a ticket in the first place...

juniper_silver
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2009, 11:22 AM

OK, I really wanted to go to the convention, but I'd promised my mom that I'd go to the zoo with her on March 13th, before the convention. I planned to start driving immediately after leaving the zoo, hoping to get there in time to at least catch the end of the 15th (I live in Illinois). Unfortunately, the gorilla had other things in mind. I guess that's what I get for trying to go to the zoo on Friday the 13th! The gorilla started chucking bananas at me. I know, I know, it seems like bananas wouldn't hurt that bad right? But that gorilla had an arm on him! I saw him hitting people that were clear down on the other end of the zoo, so you can imagine how hard it hit me when I was standing a mere 10 feet away from him. And one of those stupid bananas hit me right on my temple x.X which immediately killed me. Death by banana, I never thought that's how I'd go.

My family got me all prepared for the funeral, but fortunately I have some really good friends who were able to sneak in to the funeral home and resurrect me. (And coincidentally, if you saw me posting around the forums when I was dead, that was the same friends who resurrected me. They can mind read, so they knew my password and knew what I wanted to say.) If it hadn't been Friday the 13th, my friends would have been able to resurrect me that same night. As it was, I had to wait until midnight on the 14th. Now I don't know if you've ever been resurrected yourself, so let me tell you that it's not the kind of thing that you spring up from and speed across several states to get to a convention. Too bad none of these friends that I have with super powers came with the ability to teleport other people around. One of them did have the ability to teleport himself though, so I sent him over to share my story. Please tell me he made it over OK. I posted here too just in case as I haven't seen him since.

And if I win a shirt, I'd like the female version please .^_^

[N]ightmare
I'm gonna show you crazy.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:42 PM

Reasons for not attending Georgia's Momocon.
[I personally prefer take two... >.>;]

Take One::

1 - My residnecy is California.
2 - My job is the suck. [see 'they don't let me do anything fun']
3 - My job doesn't pay enough.
4 - My job doesn't let me do anything fun. [especially if it makes me not go to work for a few days]
5 - I have a lack of funds. [see excuse 6-8]
6 - I pay $600.00 to my ex-husband for child support.
7 - I have to fix TWO cars before June.
8 - I have an ex boyfriend that drains my bank account for his band equipment. [he knows I still love him =-=;;]
9 - I would get a tan there!! [not likely, seeing as I would be careful, same as I am here in California]
10 - I'd rather take time off of work to go see my son. [sorry I love him more]
11 - I'd rather fly to Hawaii to see my ex. [sorry I love him more... too... >.>;]
12 - I didn't find out about the convention in time.

Take Two::

1 - A lemur ran away with my tickets.
2 - A lemur attended in my place, dressed as a racoon. >.>;
3 - The Academy of Lemur's for Better Treatment made me thier next target.
4 - Agent 009 [that's how many rings he has on his tail] distracted me with thier patented 'Lemur Tail Tickle' while Agent 003 [that's how many limbs she had] stole the ticket's from my hand.
5 - Agent 003 handed off my tickets to Agent 12,007 [apparently that's how many pieces of hair she has].
6 - Agent 12,007 vaulted through the trees and snuck across Airport Security to sneak onto a plane headed for Georgia.
7 - Secret Agent 12,007 hypnotized a boy outside the convention and made him carry her in as a 'toy' racoon. >.>;
8 - My hair was all messed up and took weeks to fix. [thanks to the 'Lemur Tail Tickle']
9 - My brush was stolen by Alpacas!!
10 - I had to cross the country on FOOT to retrieve my hairbrush from Peru. [where the Alpacas live]
11 - There was an epic fight between the Alpacas and my crew of scurvy pirate Sugar Gliders! The Alpaca's won.
12 - I bought a new brush and fixed my hair, thus depleting all other funds, and thus making it impossible to make it to Momocon.

And that's how it all went down... seriously... >.> ...okay maybe I exageratted a wee bit. But uh... shush! It's how my estranged brain works these days!!
[Oh!!! ...I ish a female, so a female shirt would be awesome to have... but the Lemur's will likely take that too.. or perhaps the Alpacas!! Or maybe those scurvy Sugar Gliders... since they mutinied against me when we lost to the Alpacas! D:]

Last edited by [N]ightmare; 03-21-2009 at 05:49 PM..

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 03-21-2009, 06:26 PM

*sigh* I was hoping to have to keep this to myself, for fear of the punishments but I'm letting it all out, so if you don't see me for a while it's because said people from my story prevented me from returning...

JUST as I was about to walk through the doors of the convention I get stopped by Insomniac and Mr. Mayor! They start babbling on about the most random things! They asked me about the weather in Canada, then went on about the economy issues around the world! It was so absolutely random and I was getting annoyed by the second -- all I wanted to do was go straight to Menewsha's table and gawk and stare at their fantabulousness (best word ever eh?) So anyways, Inso and the Mayor take me by the arms and tell me that before I can enter I have to get dressed up (uhh wtf!)...where do they lead me to? AIMEE! There she was in the flesh with her credit card and cellphone. "OMG! WE ARE GOING TO BE BEST FRIENDS!" Did I already mention how absolutely weird it was? I didn't have any other choice but to walk around with Aimee all afternoon. She wouldn't let me leave! By the time I finally got back to the convention, everyone was gone :(;;

The next day I tried again -- IN MY NEW CLOTHING. (haha they wouldn't have an excuse today!) just as I was walking in the doors, jellysundae and jurupamae leap out in front of me. This time they weren't friendly and sweet like the boys the day before. They gave me THE LOOK. Seriously, THE look! Obviously I was afraid, sweating even. They took me by the arm and lead me to a back alley, whispering to each other on the way there -- still holding THE look. Finally they turn to me and say "Look Randeh, we know who you are. We know that you're here to ruin the convention, we heard all about it from CK. We know you're both in on this, but we can't do anything to CK, so we'll stop you instead." At this point I was SO confused, so all I could manage to say was "Ruin the convention?!"
"That's right Randeh. CK told us about how you were going to expose all of us as great people. We can't afford that, you can't ruin our reputations. None of us want to be known as awesome, so don't try it."
"..."
"What Randeh? What did you think? We'd let you walk in there and tell everyone that the staff at Menewsha is really nice and friendly? NOOOOO. We cannot be exposed Randeh, this is vital."
"But everyone already knows...it's not like you guys put up a mean version of yourselves...all I wanted was to see everyone...T___T;;"
"I don't care what you think Randeh, if you ever come back...EVER, we'll have to make sure your name isn't seen at Mene again, we aren't rainbows and sunshine like you want to tell everyone. Stay away."

So in the end CK, you are the reason I didn't get to go to the Convention :(! You told them that I thought you were all super fantabulous (best word ever) and so they didn't want that getting out. They think everyone thinks their mean! How retarded I know, but seriously, you're the reason I couldn't go :(;; Now I'll probably be shunned for giving out all these details, but I thought the world should know .____.;; (Oh yeah and those shirts are freakin' awesome obviously.)

---------------------------------

;D Hope you enjoy! If I win I'd love a female shirt please ^____^;;

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-22-2009, 02:40 AM

Fuck, Momocon was in Atlanta?! Goddammit I live there!

This is what I get for not reading con announcements. FML.

padfootsy
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to padfootsy

Old 03-22-2009, 08:51 AM

I was not able to attend momocon 2009 because my parents were killed by a rhinoceros, and I was forced to live with my evil aunts. While I was exploring in the woods one day, a wizard gave me magic green crystals that he said would make my horrible life better, but I dropped them onto a peach accidentally. When I woke up the next morning, I found that the peach, and the bugs living inside of it, had grown to an absolutely enormous size! I decided to escape my horrid aunts, so I climbed into the peach with the bugs, and we rolled into the safety of the ocean. We lived off the peach for days, but discovered that we were going nowhere, very slowly. So, we decided to tie the peach to a thousand seagulls, and fly to New York! On our way there, we fought against many obstacles, including sea pirates, and the rhinoceros that killed my parents. Eventually, we made it to new york, and I was free from my evil aunts forever! But I was in New york, and not Georgia, so i couldn't go.

Really though, I live in California, and I had midterms. I'm in my last semester before I get my AA degree, and I don't want to fail my classes. D:

I would love also love a female shirt, because I love peaches!

Millions of peaches, peaches for me...
Millions of peaches, peaches for free.
A peachy mene shirt, mene shirt for me...
A peachy mene shirt, mene shirt for free.

BettyBeat
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-23-2009, 12:18 AM

Sadly, I was unable to attend Momocon this year. As I was packing up my suitcase for the trip, giant peach monsters picked the lock to my apartment and swallowed up my plane tickets. By that point, even if I could have found my way to Georgia, I would not have wanted to. I have developed a fear of peaches since the incident.

However, my shrink says that I should slowly re-introduce peaches back into my life, and that Momocon tee shirt is just the thing I need to re-integrate myself with peach-loving society.

(I suppose if I have to wear something with peaches on it *shudder*, I'd like it to fit me, so female shirt please.)

Tension
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2009, 02:03 AM

My wife wouldn't let me go. She wears the pants with a lock for a buckle on her belt. No gettin those off..

Female shirt please.

(Male shirt ;])

Lokis
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-23-2009, 03:11 AM

Im sorry I wasn't able to attend I live In Montana and My broom wont fly that far! Im not allowed to leave the State for fear Ill corrupt someone, and Ive looked all over this thing for the gas nozzle but I just can't find it! I'm not sure who to blame for this at all, bad engineering im sure. Well I have to go now, its time for me to go to sleep and I don't get very much of that, maybe once every ten days hanging from the bar in the hall closet.

Dyl@nD!shaw
is a lvl 31 Cleric on Maple Stor...

Old 03-23-2009, 04:33 AM

well i couldent make it because
i was taken by little green men ridding mouton lions
who only eat foods with blue in the name
and thy love MALE shirts
with peaches on them
that are BLUE
and after thy took me to there BLUE MALE PEACH SHIRT filled cave
thy tied me down and forced me to eat food with BLUE in the name
and i told them
NOOO I NEED TO GET TO MOMOCON TO SUPPORT MENE!!!!!!
but thy dident let me and i was sad

Last edited by Dyl@nD!shaw; 03-23-2009 at 04:36 AM..

tirethminet
the leenie
Send a message via AIM to tirethminet

Old 03-23-2009, 08:06 AM

i couldn't go because my friend was visiting me for a week.
we were getting ready to dye my hair pretty colors. it's been auburn and bleached for a while.
then a leprechaun kidnapped me because he thought my hair was gold he could add to his pot.
my friend had to kidnap me back to dye my hair, but the leprechaun had thrown up all over my head since he was so drunk.
and now i have green and aqua and auburn and blonde hair.

(i am actually not kidding about everything except for the existence of the actual leprechaun. he never came to visit)

if i win could i please get a female shirt? :]

Peanut
Banned

Old 03-23-2009, 03:56 PM

I dunno if we can edit posts, but I forgot to mention, if I win, I'd like a male shirt. x.x;

Amurita
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-23-2009, 09:23 PM

I was planning to go...really! Because you see, even though I live in Canada I stumbled across this thread for Menewshans who live here and were planning a road trip to Momocon. At first I was a bit hesitant because it's still the internet and I didn't know these people, but after talking to them for a while I thought they seemed nice and trustworthy. And besides, if they weren't, the thread would serve as a written record of evidence if anything funny happened D:<

So I ran around the house wondering what I'd need to bring since I'd never attended a con before. Knowing that 'momo' means 'peach' in Japanese, I decided to glue a bunch of cotton balls together and spray paint it orange so that it became a giant peach costume.

When the bus finally came I clambered on awkwardly and avoided making eye contact with all the passengers wondering why a giant peach was there. But I began to feel more comfortable as more menewshans got on dressed up as various anime characters and even menewshan NPCs.

I found myself in an arguement with another person as to who was the better NPC, Nalin or Cain. It got so heated that someone who looked a lot like Magnus had to hold us apart, while someone who looked a lot like Mr. Mayor tried to mediate.

Getting off at the next rest stop to cool off, when I came out of the bathroom I saw the bus speeding off without me! Obviously the scheming of those dubious Nalin fans! I ran off after it, hoping they would see me and stop, but before I got close to them, I stumbled on some loose gravel, and began rolling down the road due to the roundness of my peach costume. Eventually I found myself passing out due to intense dizziness.

When I awoke I found myself in a prison cell, apparently, there had been something on the news about a thief who had been obsessed with peaches who routinely dressed up in a peach costume before they went out to do crime. After hours of intense investigation I convinced them I was innocent and even got them to drive me to Momocon.

Sadly though, it turns out I'd been passed out for 2 days and missed the entire con.

...either that, or I just couldn't find a way to get there since I live in canada and don't have any money to get there ^^;

And if i somehow win, i'd love to get a female peach shirt.

Strawberry Octopus
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-23-2009, 10:15 PM

I, Strawberry Octopus could not attend Momo con, because of one simple reson. Octopi of a strawberry orientation can not drive! I mean, honestly, where would all our legs go?
For instance, I, as a strawberry octopus, attempted to travel to an art convention one time, and almost became the worlds first strawberry octopus sushi roll! Not only do our legs get in the way, but our taste is far to tempting to the public. But I mean, who can blame those poor deprived individuals that have yet to taste a strawberry octopus? I also failed to appear at Momocon, because well..what would you do if five-foot-four inches of octopus entered your lovely convention building? To make it even more disturbing, I'm Pink! Think of what my suction cups would do as I graced your lovely art with them. Oh and the merch! What a horrible thought. I do hope you realize that I did not attend Momocon for the safety of the innocent attendees!

If I win, I'd like a female shirt, please. :]

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2009, 11:38 PM

Thank you so much for participating everyone. :3

I'm going to start sending out shirts to my favorites tonight.... But wait, there's more!

I've asked the staff to vote for some of their favorites. A select number of you will win more than one shirt. :)

I'll keep you posted and let you know when all shirts have been awarded.

Good luck! :heart: