zombietwinkie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-27-2015, 01:46 AM

I'm trying to name my story but i am no good at titles. The story is about a serial killers life from childhood to her capture and eventual execution. I am completely stumped on what to call it. i've been calling it "female serial killer" but frankly i hate it. Any and all suggestions welcome!

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 03-27-2015, 01:49 AM

I have a story I am writing about a boy's childhood and the strong memories associated with his godfather visiting. I have two titles "When Sammy Comes Home" and "Raising Snakes"

Sometimes a title comes from a theme in the story or a specific but strong point in the story, or sometimes has nearly nothing to do with the story's plot.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 03-27-2015, 08:14 PM

I have trouble with title too.
But, rather than fretting and bombarding my head with trying to find the perfect title, I would put my attention to the storybuilding itself, which I enjoyed more.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-28-2015, 08:52 PM

I almost always have an easy time with titles. Sometimes you just got to not try so hard though. Don't try to say exactly what the story is, but just pick something significant. If there is a recurring symbol, a place, or something about the serial killer or her MO itself, it might make a good title.

SeaSaltEyes
Professional Napper

Old 05-01-2015, 01:55 AM

Titles are my favorite! I usually try to pick a title based on what I think the most important aspect of the story is as well or play on character names. Two that I've recently come up with are "Roses Are Red"--my MC's name is Violet (who is called Flower by the girl she falls for) and it's about her falling in love for the first time, and "Chasing Jess"--my MC, Chase, tries to romance the girl of her dreams, Jess (see what I did there?!). So, think about what a major aspect of your story is. If it's generally just about the life of a serial killer you could try something like "Living and Killing" or "Deadly Woman". Those probably aren't great but maybe a place to start?

heavenlyangel_013

Old 08-02-2015, 04:14 AM

how about BLOOD RED? or A KILLER'S CONFESSION?