Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Squidie64

Old 08-18-2010, 03:46 AM

A tale I hope to get underway very very soon :)

If you're interested, follow the link below!!!!

http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...eval-game.html

----------

It was a day of days for all. Young, old, rich, poor, it didn't matter. There was a tournament being held that day.

Knights had come from near and far to compete in the lists. With them, they brought what looked like their entire life. Wagons packed to the brim with their equipment, their clothes, their horse's clothes and equipment, and anything else they thought they might need.

Squires, young and old, well-fed and half-starved, marched dutifully after their masters, holding the flags of the Knights they served. Some looked generally please, even proud. Some others looked less than happy to be trailing after a well-fed, healthy young knight.

There was one knight in particular that caught the eyes of the fans watching the Knights coming into the camps.

Roderick, son of Phillip, the Duke of Kent, was a fierce Knight on the field. He was known to many for his insatiable appetite for combat, but it was most noted that he had never seen real combat. A mere, insignificant detail to Roderick.

Roderick carried himself as a man of power, for that was what he was, and his physical being carried as much power as his name. He was fit, muscular, and broad. His short black hair spiked up toward the heavens, catching a breeze every now and again. His skin was slightly tanned, as proof of many years training in the sun and his coal black eyes swept over the crowd. He wore the colors of his house, black and gold, in an intricately detailed tunic and black trousers. His leather boots reached the knee with metal shin-guards strapped tightly in place.

He rode a beautiful destrier, black as the night with hooves large enough to squash a man's head. Behind him, a smaller, leaner horse pulled the first wagon in his entourage. It was stuffed with his equipment and other such things. The third horse in his party pulled a covered wagon.

Surrounding the covered wagon, was, obviously, a harem of women. At the moment, they were all elves. Eight in total. Their looks varied. Black hair, golden hair, brown eyes, blue eyes. The group was no longer pale, as most elves were, but they glowed with a healthy tan. Each girl wore a different color, but the clothing was the same between every girl. Strapless, intricately sewn and detailed corsets that dipped dangerously low and gave each woman shapely, but attractive curves. Their skirts, cut in the traditional ways of the harems, exposed their stocking clad legs. They wore silk covered boots on their delicate feet. Their boots and the bottoms of their skirts were dirty, giving away how much walking they had done over the years behind their Master.

This, in and of itself, was Roderick's most prized possession.

-:Just in case, the harem girls where something akin to what my avatar is wearing. Just not pointed boots. Regular boots. :shrug: :) :-

Last edited by Squidie64; 11-15-2010 at 10:57 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-18-2010, 06:28 AM

Tes'shiran Delacroix moved along behind Roderick. His face was impassive, expresionless as it were, it took practice for a look like that. Careful to not give away his true feelings with his facial expression. At least he didn't look half starved. Tes'shiran held Roderick's flag proudly, at least anyone looking at him would think he was doing so proudly. In truth, Tess thought Roderick was a coward. One that didn't deserve to be a knight. However, he always kept such thoughts to himself. Afterall, he was here on the promise of one day being knighted, that and to make his parents proud of him. That impassive expression gave way to a smile as his eyes swept over the crowd. Honestly, on the inside Tes'shiran was conflicted. Oh well.

Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 08-18-2010, 07:00 AM

Range walked behind Yazelina as she walked about the tournamant fields. Yazelina was a countess and neve missed a fight. She did so love to be around people. Range kept her eyes peeled for any people who were looking at them the wrong way. She noticed a guy staring and immediatly sent a firebolt to him. He ran around screaming he was on fire. Range laughed. She did so loveto be a fire elemental.She had fun. She liked to torture humans.

Yazelina glared atRange when she hit the man with fire.
"Do behave yourself dear."
She noticed Roderick up ahead and rolled her eyes. He was such an idiot. Collecting all those girls. She walked by his train with her nose in the air.

Range kept her eye on Roderick as they walked by. She was not stupid. No one was going to catch her by suprise.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-18-2010, 07:28 AM

Roderick didn't seem to notice her until he stopped. A wide smirk split his thin lips and he let out a small laugh.

With a snap of his fingers and a slight wave, two of his girls came forward once both of the wagons had stopped behind him. One carried a tightly rolled scroll. She moved passed her Lord to the tables where she waited to present him. The other, a small framed, slightly paler girl with white blonde hair was given something from Roderick's bags on his horse.

The young woman had moved passed Tess with a nod and a friendly smile to him, as she went to Lord Roderick. She spoke short, hushed words with him for a but a moment or two, then took the token he gave her. She turned and took a few ginger, slow steps away from him, but she nearly lost her balance, making quite the fool of herself. Roderick had set a foot on her back and had given her a shove forward, spitting that she needed to 'beat the second coming.' She moved with haste after Lady Yazelina. Her soft voice called to her over the crowd, "My Lady! I beg you wait, please!"

Roderick snapped his fingers again and waved to Tess. "I'm almost regretting purchasing that one."
Roderick sighed and slowly climbed down from the horse to stretch his legs. He looked at the younger man and heaved a sigh, "You will unpack faster than you did in Rouen, won't you?"

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-18-2010, 07:44 AM

When that girl moved past him with a friendly smile and nod, Tes'shiran gave a polite smile in return. Though it was quick, he did not let that smile linger, lest Roderick see and think he were trying to make a pass or move on said female. He frowned slightly when Roderick set his foot upon her back and shoved. Such a thing, it did not seem so honorable to him, and knights were supposed to be honorable.

A light sigh passed Tess' lips when Roderick motioned for him, and he hastened to put himself by his knight's side. Bowing his head slightly in respect to Roderick. "Yes m'lord." A short answer and right to the point..after all, there was no need for him to make a long winded retort about how he would unpack things very quickly. He reached out to hold the horse's reigns, it wouldn't do if Roderick's horse decided it wished to be done with it's master and run off somewhere.

Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 08-18-2010, 07:56 AM

Yazelina head someone calling and looked behind her stopping. Range jumped up and immediatly intercepted the girl.
"State your buisness with the lady Yazelina." Range had a tough voice. It was the kind of voice that was alluring but at the same time demanded obediance.

"Range stand back my dear. Let the girl through. How may I help you young lady?"
Yazelina had a lovely friendly face. She was a nice person after all. She had a melodious voice.

Unlmtd_Cassimir
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-18-2010, 09:17 AM

Cassimir went in the procession of knights though most might think him out of place. He was probably known better by the nobles than the people. He did not wave or make a spectacle as the others did. He merely moved in line with his horse, who was carrying most of his baggage, small in comparison to the nobles.

The squandering of wealth, and the exploitation of people filled him with disgust. He had seen one person near the front. He had a harem with him. He guessed that they were not there of their own choosing. While he hoped the be prosperous, he sincerely hoped he never wasted money to that extent. He looked around, eying the nobles not in line to see if he recognized any.

He saw a few nobles he had had dealings with in the past, though they did not see him now they would understandably be uneasy around him. He also saw a woman, presumably nobility, with a body guard. He did not remember her from any of his past dealings. He sighed at the prospect of having to do the big charade of 'greeting' everyone. It was so stilted socially. He hoped this would be over soon.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-18-2010, 09:29 PM

She bowed her head slightly and offered the lady a rose. It was made of silver, from what anyone could tell. The rose petals were gilded at the tips. It was quite pretty, "My Lord wishes me to give this to you, " She was soft spoken with a sweet voice. Her amber eyes remained on the ground before her, however. She didn't make eye contact with either the guard, nor the Lady.

Roderick looked to Tess and pouted his lips slightly. He glanced back at the wagon, then looked to the sky, "I'm wagering you will, somehow, muck it up. ..I'm going to be late for banquet," he grumbled, climbing back atop his horse. When his lady returned, she gave him a gentle nod and returned to the covered wagon. Roderick moved passed the lists, nodding to the noble men taking patents of nobility needed to enter the tournament.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-19-2010, 06:34 AM

Tes'shiran nodded slightly. It was always best to just agree with Roderick and keep his tongue in check. As it was, he really didn't have anything to say to the Knight anyway, well nothing nice at least. Once Roderick was back on his horse, he relinquished the reins to him. Since the horse wouldn't be wandering off now, not without direction from it's rider. There was a soft sigh on his lips as he moved back to his place in the obnoxious procession that Roderick insisted upon having. Things usually worked out for the better if he just went about his duties silently.

Unlmtd_Cassimir
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-19-2010, 07:11 AM

Cassimir gritted his teeth as he watched everything around him. It was loud and noisy, but no battle. Such things made him on edge as he didn't like large crowds. He walked on and as he did he thought he was reaching the end of the procession, much to his relief. He saw that he hadn't dealt with the female noble before. It could be a new opportunity, or another chance to be disappointed in nobles behavior. Either way he would find out soon. another day another noble he thought to himself. A thought did occur to him about the tournament, one he had previously stifled, but it did resurface again.

The nobles viewed tournaments as a chance to show off. Surely they would want to win certain events. However they might want to win by a bigger margin, a job which he could help. He supposed he could act as a skulk around here if the events became too challenging. A skulk, a spy . . . an assassin. such events were common with blue bloods and the favors exchanged would mean another noble he could call upon for favors. This could pose to be a most interesting event indeed. It may be in his best intrests to aquaint himself with the currently unfamiliar noble.

Last edited by Unlmtd_Cassimir; 08-19-2010 at 07:16 AM..

Talitha001

Old 08-19-2010, 07:28 AM

Yazelina took the flower smiling sweetly. She pulled out a handkerchief and handed it to the girl.
"Would you please bring this to Sir Roderick."
She curtsied to her and then turned to Range.
"Walk with her dear so that if he has a message or anything you may bring it."

Range growled under her breath. She did not like this man Roderick. He seemed a knight who was not interested in being a family man but rather one who went through many pastures. Range did not want him associating with Yazelina.
"As you wish madam." was all she said though.
She followed the girl silently.

Last edited by Talitha001; 08-19-2010 at 07:33 AM..

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-20-2010, 06:45 AM

She bowed her head once more, "It will be done, My Lady," and with that said, she turned and headed off. She glanced over her shoulder at the guardian following her, but quickly looked away. She looked slightly uncomfortable and when she finally reached Roderick, she gave him the token quickly and scurried off to the wagon where the other girls were.

Roderick took the token from his slave and looked up across the crowds. He smiled toward Yazelina and looked down to her guardian. His eyes wandered over her frame momentarily before meeting her eyes, "Inform your lady that I expect to see her at banquet tonight. Include, also, in that message that I expect her to wear colors to match. Or, in the least, to compliment my own colors." After stuffing the handkerchief into his tunic, he picked up the pace before the bodyguard could argue, comment, or even say something akin to 'Yes, my Lord.' He hurried off toward the camping grounds to get his things unpacked. ...Or rather..to take a female or two from his harem and go get a drink while the others unpacked.

Talitha001

Old 08-20-2010, 08:36 AM

Range growled softly and took off back to Yazelina. She relayed the message hurriedly.
"I do not know who he thinks he is to boss you around like that. If I were you I would not even go the the banquet let alone blend in with him. Hes a jerk and you can do so much better than him."

Yazelina stared at Range amoment and then smiled at her.
"Honey you do not harm a bad egg by beating it. You must help it become a good egg. I will go to the banquet and we shall see what happens."
She started walking to her seat. She wished to see the joust before preparing for the banquet.

(what are his colors?)

Unlmtd_Cassimir
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 PM

Cassimir stood by and watches some sort of exchange between the bodyguard and this knight. To be honest the knight did not seem very interested in much of anything. In his opinion a man jaded by the things he acquired. He was pretty typical from what he had seen of royalty.

He approached the noble woman but made sure as to keep his distance so as not to upset the bodyguard. He heard the last bit of the noble speaking to her guard and thought it might be humorous to comment. He was not sure what they were talking about, or at least who.

"Ah! but tell me, have you ever seen an egg turn fresh after it has soaked in the sun for so long it becomes sour and rotten? I have not had the luxury of seeing such a sight, but it would be most impressive if such a thing were possible."

He bowed to the lady, hoping he had not intruded too much.

Talitha001

Old 08-20-2010, 10:13 PM

Yazelina looked at him a moment with a sideways glance. He talked like a scholar yet did not wear a scholars outfit.
"Pray tell of what class are you sir?"

Range ever watchful kept her hand on her sword hilt but did not interfear with the exchange. She knew very well that Lina could take care of herself if it came down to that. She growled silently under her breath. She did not like the idea of Lina talking to any man yet alone one so smart.

Unlmtd_Cassimir
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-21-2010, 12:51 AM

Cassimir frowned at the question. It was going to be one of those days. He was asked that frequently and he supposed it was a difficult position even by their standards. If class was a measure of wealth then he was merely a mercenary, but if it was by influence he could be more perhaps. At least kings and dukes would listen if he had something to say. He supposed he could go with that.

"Think of me as an artisan, though I am here for more than trading some woven tapestry. I am here by the order of a duke. He had no one to send here before, and now . . ." He motioned to himself briefly, "here I am." He glanced over to gauge the bodyguard's appraisal of him. He was probably fairing ill under her watch. "I am merely here to compete, nothing more."

Talitha001

Old 08-21-2010, 01:42 AM

Yazelina smiled. She liked the way he talked. He was quite interesting.
"Would you care to accompany us to our seats dear artesian? I would love to hear you speak some more for you have a very witty tongue."

Range kept her hand on her hilt but growled. She was not happy with this guy at all. She whispered to Lina
"No please dont invite him. I do not like the way he is or the way he acts. I do not wish us to have anymore to do with him."

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-21-2010, 02:15 AM

When Roderick reached a spot he found suitable, he climbed down from his horse. Taking a breath, he peaked into the wagon loaded with his belongings and equipment.

"Tess," he said, looking to his squire, "..You did pack my good tunic, yes?" Roderick peeked under the blanket they strapped over his things, but he made no move to actually move anything or unpack or anything of the sort. He simply stood there, staring at his squire as he waited for an answer.

-: Roderick's colors are black and gold :) Sorry it took so long for me to post. I tried earlier and failed miserably at avoiding ADD:-

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-21-2010, 03:25 AM

"Yes m'lord." Tes'shiran spoke softly as he maneuvered himself around Roderick, once they had stopped and the knight at made his way over to nose about in the wagon and just generally get in the way. Tess had already begun to set up Roderick's tent, it didn't take him long but in Roderick's eyes it was probably too long. Once that was all situated and straightened out, he began to unload all of Roderick's stuff. Clothes and what not. His own things he would unpack last.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-21-2010, 04:13 AM

Roderick watched Tess bustle back and forth with his arms crossed. Not once did he offer help. Though, it should have been expected by now. Had Roderick had a watch, he would have checked it every minute or so. Instead, he would glance to the sky, watching the sun's position. Though it couldn't give Roderick an accurate count of minutes, he guessed Tess used too many.

"I am not getting younger," Roderick spat as Tess moved passed him with clothes and what not. Roderick moved away once he got bored and climbed up into the covered wagon that housed his harem.

Naerwen hopped out of the wagon as Sir Roderick climbed in and moved to the wagon stuffed with all of Roderick and Tess's belongings. She picked up a few bits and pieces and carried them to Roderick's tent, giving Tess a cheerful 'hello' as she passed him.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-21-2010, 04:28 AM

Stepping down from the wagon with the help of her maid Dutchess Azara shook out her silk skirts so that they settled around her. The Dutchess was wearing a dark green dress with electric blue accents. The top was constructed like a corset and had a low neckline. It had a high collar that spanned out like a fan behind her neck. The skirts of the dress were smooth and brushed the ground, with a little tail in the back. Her petticoats underneath the dress made the skirts more fuller. The sleeves were long and came to her wrists. Azara's blood red wavy hair was piled up on her head with green beads woven into the elegant up do. She had a few stray curls artfully placed around her face. For jewlery Azara wore a big emerald on a silver chain that hung around her neck just above her top. She also had on a ring, earrings, and a bracelet to match. Looking around herself Azara smiled when her trusted guardian came to stand by her side. Turning to her maid she finally spoke, her voice like a thousand bells ringing. "Have everyone set up camp Shanta." After the maid curtsied and left Azara turned her attention back to Striker. "Good evening my dear Striker. I had begun to worry when I did not see you." The Dutchess stated with a frown.

"You know that I have to check everything while your getting ready to be out in the open. It's my job Azara and you know I take your safety seriously." Striker didn't even bother with the usual formalitiez. The two of them had been friends since young children and that if he even tried to call Azara by anything to do with her rank she would slice open his stomach and leave him to the wolves. That's why he loved her so much and why she was his best friend. Kind but also the devil.

Unlmtd_Cassimir
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-21-2010, 07:56 AM

Cassimir turned to her guard. She was somewhat striking. Red hair, matching eyes, it was something new to him. He had seen what people called 'red' hair, but this was a clearer red. He reminded himself to answer.

"It is quite all right. I assure you I have no interest in cunning or chicanerie tonight. I am simply here for a tournament and such things that it brings."

Honesty was rarely beneficial to Cassimir, but it seemed that this was technically so as tournaments held many things and he did plan on entering and engaging in the tournament legitimately. Such might just change afterwards however. He could hope to at least survive through a single meal without an skulduggery. He turned back to Yazelina and smiled, albeit he was sure it appeared strained to the bodyguard.

"I would be more than happy to accompany you and your guard to the banquet. It, would be an honor."

Talitha001

Old 08-21-2010, 08:35 AM

Range coninued to study this guy. He was interesting but she did not like nor trust him. She stared at him a moment. hmmmmm She knew there had to be a way to show that he was not as smart as he seemed.
"If your so smart then tell us who will win the tournamant? As far as I am concerned it will be Roderick."

Yazelina watched Range with a grin. She picked fights when she liked someone. She got a kick out of stuff likethis.

Unlmtd_Cassimir
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-21-2010, 08:46 AM

He enjoyed this little game of back and forth, but he looked back over to the noble. They were often impatient so he supposed he did this to annoy them. To show them that even if they had all of the gold and land in the world that someone as low as him could still make them uncomfortable. In either case this was a welcome distraction. It was dangerous to upset them, but defending an unknown person was more so.

"If you mean the one over there, well I would disagree, but I haven't seen any other contestants. I don't suppose you have heard that phrase 'it takes a castle to raise a king, but it takes a pack to raise a rat'?"

He chose not to smile, but did look the bodyguard directly in the eye when he said it. He hoped she would not take such a joke personally, but few nobles had any camaraderie for the others.

Talitha001

Old 08-21-2010, 08:54 AM

Range growled and lifting a hand she launched a fireball at him. She aimed it for his behind.
"This is my responce to that boy."

When range attacked him Lina smiled more. She must really like him. Range never acted nice to anyone but if she really liked them she would do her best to make them mad at her. She seemed to like the attention. Lina never bothered with it herself. She did want to get to there seats though.