Death_to_the_reaper
I'm alive. Message me if you rem...

Old 05-22-2012, 04:15 AM

Welcome to the Grey Dove Tavern.
This is an open roleplay. We welcome anyone to join right in.

Rules:
1. Follow the TOS of Mene.
2. Keep it PG-13.
3. No God-modding or Power Playing.
4. Ask before killing another character.
5. No chat speak or ** talk.
6. Have fun.

The Bartender/Owner:

Everest is an elf who loves to be outdoors with her birds, Airey and Aquarius. Her neutral nature lead her to buy the tavern and turn it into a sanctuary for all to enjoy. But today she stands behind the bar making sure that everything is stocked for the day. Airey and Aquarius sat on their perch near the door to let her know if customers arrive.

Last edited by Death_to_the_reaper; 05-27-2012 at 06:51 PM..

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-22-2012, 04:41 AM

Akari pushed open the door of the tavern with a sense of relief. She was terribly thirsty and unfamiliar with this town. The soft sounds of birds caused her to look over to where two white birds were perched. Her own avian companion, Rei, gave a soft screech of greeting. Akari's phoenix stretched her neck towards them and screeched again. Akari patted her, and then patted down her red hair making sure her pigtails weren't a mess. Then she looked down discreetly at her white, red, and gold uniform. Nothing was out of place, and her sword banged gently at her side. She would hate for her first impression on someone in this town to be of untidiness!

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-22-2012, 04:52 AM

Alai Wynter hummed softly as he skipped with delicate and graceful hops happily down the path towards the Tavern. He clutched his book tightly to his chest, a book he took everywhere with him, a journal of sorts. Though he only wrote down things he thought were important, and of course it held recipes for healing salves and potions. As well as ingredients for particular magical rituals of the healing variety. For all of his power and ability with healing spells though, his own magic was rather useless when it came to healing himself. Ah well, everything has a drawback.

With every graceful hop and skip the Tavern came closer. Alai paused to consider the building for a few moments. Would it be a rowdy place like the last one he had visited? Of course it wasn't just drunks. Everyone mistook him for a girl and sometimes Alai would play along. It could be a fun game, sometimes. Blue eyes blinked softly as he started again. Finally approaching the door and opening it just wide enough for his slender, girly frame to slip through. He looked around for a moment, glancing up at the birds perched near the door and smiling brightly at them. They were cute.

His humming had stopped when he entered the Tavern, and he watched the birds for a few moments longer before turning that bright smile to the woman that had entered before him. She had a phoenix, Alai had met a phoenix once, it had had a human form and had been a very sad creature. Thinking of that caused Alai's bright smile to falter for a moment, but only a moment. He watched the phoenix and then the girl that the phoenix seemed to be friends with.

He watched the girl for a moment as she patted down her hair and then he passed her with a very bright smile. Alai moved across the Tavern floor, his footsteps seemed almost delicate. As if he barely even touched the floor with his booted feet when he walked. Alai wasn't an elf or an angel as far as he knew, but he wasn't human either. Alai took a seat on one of the bar stools, crossed one leg over the other at the knee and laid his book down gently in front of him.

Those blue eyes found the woman again, the smile still on his face. "Hello and well met!" The voice that left those lips was more feminine than masculine. As he spoke those words though, Alai turned to look at the girl with the phoenix, to include her in his greeting as well.

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-22-2012, 05:04 AM

Akari smiled back, even though she was confused. The young girl . . . boy? Girl? . . . Well, whatever he or she was, it was a friendly enough being. Well, it it looked like a girl, walked like a girl, and talked like a girl . . . maybe . . .

She inclined her head in acknowledgement of the greeting. "Good evening." Rei was interested in the girl, making a soulful sound of curiosity. Akari walked forwards, less gracefully than the girl, and took the seat beside her. "I am Akari, a wandering swordswoman and this is my faithful companion Rei. May I have the honor of your names?" she asked both the lady behind the bar and the girl beside her.

Death_to_the_reaper

Old 05-22-2012, 05:15 AM

Everest looked up as Airey and Aquarius started to call to her while she turned back towards the door as some guests had arrived at her tavern. "Welcome to the Grey Dove Tavern. I am Everest. Can I get you a beverage or something to eat?" She asked in a soft voice to the feminine male and warrior female that walked in. Her blonde hair was pushed back to reveal her elf ears as Airey and Aquarius started to eat from their little feeder.

The elf could sense the magic within the feminine male but said nothing so she did not seem rude. She had her own magic with the nature around her that helps her around the inn from time to time. But Everest usually did the work herself.

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-22-2012, 05:21 AM

Akari smiled with relief. "If I could have a nice mug of ale, I would be your servant forever. I've had a bit of a hard day."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-22-2012, 05:33 AM

Alai squirmed in his seat for just a moment watching Akari as she introduced herself, then those blue eyes moved to Everest as she welcomed them, introduced herself and offered them her services. Alai supposed it was now his turn to introduce himself to these nice ladies. His right hand rested almost delicately atop his left knee while that leg was crossed over his right. With his left hand, Alai flipped the long tendrils of hair that hung beside his face, over his shoulder and caught both girls with his innocent eyed stare. "Alai Wynter; Healer Extraordinaire."

That bright smile never left his lips, and now he rested his left elbow on the bar top and placed his palm against his cheek gently. Watching the two females and wondering if maybe his introduction hadn't been quite as dramatic or as full of flair as he had initially hoped it would be. Still he was sure he would find out depending on how they reacted. Maybe. Though he did have to admit to himself, it hadn't been his best introduction. Actually, in hindsight, that had probably been his lamest introduction in the history of his entire life. Oh well. He just wouldn't do it like that anymore.

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-22-2012, 05:44 AM

Akari watched the dramatic introduction, her smile widening at the girl's theatrics. She was an adorable creature! And a healer too! "So that is why Rei likes you," she said gaily. "She has a fondness for healers."

Rei trilled an agreement and cocked her head towards the girl, obviously hoping for a bit of a scratch. Rei was a great lover of attention.

Death_to_the_reaper

Old 05-22-2012, 05:50 AM

Everest looked to the warrior and smiled as she picked up a chilled mug. A jug of ale was picked up from the floor and some of the ale into the chilled glass before the warrior. She looked at the feminine male as he introduced himself. Though, the dramatics were not noticed by the hostess. "Nice to meet you, Alai. Would you like a beverage? Perhaps some fresh water?" The elf asked as she gave the phoenix a bowl of seed in case it was hungry. Everest always had a soft spot for all animals, especially birds. "What brings you both to my humble tavern?" Although the tavern was near the village, it was rare for the tavern to have visitors.

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-22-2012, 06:03 AM

"My thanks Mistress Everest." Akari sipped the ale with a sigh of enjoyment. "I'm wandering through on my Quest. The young warriors of my village take a year to explore the larger world before we settle down in the village. We call it the Quest."

Rei examined the seed, and then trilled a bit sadly. Akari looked over at her companion, and then back at Everest. "Rei and I appreciate the gesture, but I'm afraid my friend is a carnivore. But thank you for thinking of her. It isn't often that we come across one such as you who would consider both of our comforts."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-22-2012, 06:08 AM

Akari seemed to have enjoyed his introduction, the other hadn't even noticed. Well, it hadn't been a very good one anyway. Alai uncrossed his legs and for a brief moment both hands rested lightly in his lap, and then he was reaching out to touch the phoenix. Gentle fingers reaching out to give the mystical bird a gentle scratching. Alai couldn't help but think that this woman must be somewhat special to be such good friends with a phoenix. Alai scratched the bird gently and then withdrew his hand.

He placed both hands on his book that sat on the bar top in front of him and he looked brightly at Everest. "Fresh water would be lovely!" His bright smile turned to a more toned down smile of sweet innocence. "It looked like such a lovely building, and I was tired of walking around." When he said that last bit his innocent smile turned to a soft pout. Only for a moment though, then that innocent smile was back as he looked at Akari. His expression changing to a thoughtful one "I think it would take more than a year to explore a world as large as this one. Though perhaps exploring isn't the point of the quest. Maybe it's more learning new things and meeting new people, for better or worse."

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-22-2012, 06:19 AM

Akari laughed. "Yes, I do believe that's more the point. Although, we've had some in the past try before. They ended up being away longer than a year though." She watched the girl's facial expressions change at lightning speed. Alai reminded Akari more now of one of her good friends who was a Kitsune. Both of them had quicksilver faces that could change at the drop of a hat.

Rei enjoyed the the light scratch and trilled a happy response. In her happiness, she began to groom Akari's hair. Akari was used to this, but she sighed all the same. "Really? In public?" She took a swig of ale and then reached up to give Rei another scratch. "She likes being scratched right beneath her beak. Mistress Everest, you're free to touch her as well. Though she is a hunter, she's quite friendly."

Death_to_the_reaper

Old 05-22-2012, 06:50 AM

Her brown eyes went to Akari and smiled before offering the seed to Airey and Aquarius. Their second perch was near the bar so she could watch over them as the day went on. She then put a plate of three different meats in front of the phoenix. "Here, Rei. Try this instead." Everest smiled at Alai before pouring some water into a glass for him. "I agree. Sounds like you both need to rest. Shall I give you each a room key?"

Everest smiled as she watched the phoenix groom her friend. "Rei really trusts you. Airey and Aquarius do that for me sometimes as well." Her finger rubs underneath the phoenix's chin and offers a bowl of water to her as well.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-22-2012, 07:09 AM

When Akari laughed, Alai giggled lightly when Everest set the water in front of him that blue eyed gaze turned to the elf. "Thank you very much!" He wriggled on his stool ever so slightly before reaching for the water. That glass was brought to his lips and Alai took almost delicate sips from it before setting it back down gently on the bar top. When Everest mentioned room keys, Alai's expression turned to a thoughtful one.

It was tempting, to take a room. Alai sat there with that expression on his face for about two and half seconds before making his decision. "I would be delighted to stay the night in this cozy place!" That smile was on his lips again, even though he was wondering how much this place cost and if he could actually afford it. He probably should have asked about prices first, ah. Oh well. He was sure he had enough coin. Probably.

Alai's stomach promptly grumbled, interrupting all of his previous thoughts..and there had been a very many thought running through his head. A slight blush colored his cheeks as he looked down and pressed a hand gently against his flat stomach. Smile still on his lips as he looked up at Everest. "Could I bother you for a hot meal? Something spicy?" His expression had very quickly turned into a hopeful one as he watched Everest.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-22-2012, 07:07 PM

The blue eyed 'woman' entered the tavern, her cat like tail twitching slightly behind her. She wasn't really a woman... Oh, yes she was indeed female but she was not even of this realm. She was an ice spirit beast refered to as 'snow cats', who happened to choose a humanoid form because it made her exile easier. She also had the habit of seeing the best in humans and people in general, not always to her advantage. If one judged by the burn mark over her her eye and part of her face it would seem things had ended badly at least once. She did nothing to hide the scar, wearing it with a grim acceptance. Fire was the only thing which could scar her kind....would have killed many of her kind but she always had an ace up her sleeve.

"May I have some ice tea?" She said in a strange sounding voice as she neared the bar. It was not an ugly sound, but under the feminine, melodious tone there was a whisper of ....something. It put one in mind of ice and crisp mountain air and snow covered peeks. It was beautiful but many found it chilling and refrained from talking to her for this reason. She made no sign she realized the difficulty more fleshy beings might have listening to her voice. She was thirsty, and could do little about her voice anyway...

She preferred cold food and drinks, being made of ice more then flesh so her order was fairly typical. She looked at the others one by one after giving the bartender a smile as she waited. They were quite a group so far... including one that she was puzzled by. He was very feminine and wore the cloths of a woman, yet her cat like nose revealed he smelled like a man. He also smelled of magic, as did the elven bartender but then again most elves did.

Last edited by Staria; 05-22-2012 at 08:32 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-22-2012, 08:28 PM

Those bright blue eyes turned to the woman that entered. Blue orbs widening just a bit as he took in her appearance. Alai was not human nor elven nor any known race of this realm, of course he passed himself off as a human rather marvelously. He watched the woman with cat features, and when she spoke Alai closed his eyes and inhaled deeply.

He could almost feel it, the crisp mountain air, he could nearly see the snow covered peaks. Alai could nearly smell it as well, the scent of ice. A delightful shiver raced down his spine and those eyes snapped open immediately. Alai nearly fell in his haste to get off of his bar stool and put himself closer to this woman.

Alai put himself very close to her. Almost rudely so and completely intruding in her personal space. "Say something else. I want to hear it again, your voice and the lovely things it reminds me of." He fluttered his lashes at her a bit and his feminine voice sounded so sweet as he request more speech from her. The thought that the others in this place wouldn't like the things her voice brought to mind never even occurred to him. "Please? Tell me about you. Where are you from? What kind of things can you do?"

Alai blinked.

"Oh!" He jumped back a step, as if he had been burned, or smacked. Whirled around on his booted feet and rushed back to where he had been sitting. Alai snatched up his book and hugged it to his chest, offering Everest and Akari a smile as he turned back and returned to hovering very close to the feline featured woman. "Please please tell me. I want to know everything about you!" Alai bounced on his feet, excitedly. At least he had the decency to not ask about the scar on her face. That would have been extremely rude.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-22-2012, 09:04 PM

As the young man nearly fell she glanced over slightly and tilted her head to the side in cat like curiosity. She twitched an ear, inwardly wondering if her voice had startled him that much. She was tempted to apologize until he began to demand to hear her voice again. That was not a usual reaction. For a moment as he continued with such hyper excitement she seemed to have trouble understanding him as english was not her native tongue and he spoke so fast. She understood it and spoke it well but when people spoke with enough emotion or speed it sometimes made the words 'blur' so to speak. Still, as she focused on each word and pause she soon had what he said sorted out. She had started to speak when he was already moving again and she was left blinking in uncertainty. He was so curious it was rather dizzying!

"...I... Well. I am Uranaya Helceon. You may call me Nara as my name is long... My people call themselves Faelira but most people just call them snow cats and seem uncertain whether or not we exist" She paused, seeming to smile to herself at some inner thought. Her people lived in snowy mountain peaks and shunned other races. Occasionally they were seen in their full cat form, watching the world from their pristine homes. They were not cruel, however, so would occasionally lead travelers out of blizzards, a shadowy white cat ghost against the snow. Accordingly they were regarded more as traveling tales then real creatures and few believed her when she said she was one. The Faelira would be fine with that... once you were out cast you were no longer considered one of 'the spirit people' as the name loosely translated.

"I do not know what else to tell you, however... I know ice magic and water magic and a few special spells but that is all" She added thoughtfully. All of her kind could control ice, most could control water, but she had a few of her own special powers...Including a strange blue force that burned and looked like fire yet produced no heat. This ability had always made her feared but it was not what caused her to be outcast.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-22-2012, 09:22 PM

Alai bounced on his feet and watched her intently when she began speaking. Her voice was so lovely to listen to, it reminded him of things he held dear in his heart. Of course he wasn't about to say anything about that. As she spoke, Alai opened his book, and pulled a pent somewhere from the folds of his long cloak. He began writing, Alai didn't write in English. The language most likely wouldn't be recognized by anyone here. Maybe. Maybe not. He jotted down every word she said, word for word. Bright blue eyes glancing up from his book to her face and then back to the book as she spoke and he wrote.

Alai had never heard the term Faelira before, but the term snow cat was sufficient enough a description for him. Alai's head tilted to the side. "Of course you exist, if you didn't, we wouldn't be talking right now. If one of you is real then there must be others. Common people are stupid about things like that. Especially when the evidence is staring at them or biting their noses." Alai stopped writing, he put his pen away and snapped his book shut and hugged it against his chest again. Alai's smile never wavered. This woman even admitted to being able to do magic, Alai had suspected she might be able to.

Right, now it was time for him to introduce himself. He gripped his book a little bit tighter, holding it against his chest with one hand, while his other hand pulled his skirt out to the side just the slightest bit. Alai twirled around in a complete circle and bowed with a flourish while keeping his book pressed against chest. "Alai Wynter; Healer Extraordinaire." He spoke the words as he straightened from his bow and let go of his skirt. Running that hand over it to smooth it a little bit. His eyes on Uranaya. "You have a very pretty name, and a lovely voice. I could listen to you speak all day long."

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 05-22-2012, 09:27 PM

Silverbeam peered through the window. Was there love anywhere for this little dragon? It looked like a lovely little inn and he wondered if he could perhaps get to know a few people, but he was feeling a little shy, not quite bold enough to go in yet.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-22-2012, 09:39 PM

If only everyone was so easy to convince she thought absently as Alai spoke. It was a rather circular logic though... it was as if he was so naive as to not believe one could lie. She had never really seen someone so innocent, growing up among spirits much older then she and then being dumped among the less noble of human kind when she first entered. It puzzled her really but did not worry her to much...

" Ira Saynara Cray'Neer, Alai Wynter. Uh... I mean, It is nice to meet you, Yet.... My voice does not make you cold or uncomfortable?" She responded slightly puzzled and gave a bow of her own. Shocked by his formality and dramatics she accidentally used the formal way her people would have used upon meeting someone new for the first time... well usually. There was a ruder way to put it then the loosely translated as either 'I'm happy to meet you' or 'Meeting you brings me happiness' that she had used but that was only used for someone you wished to insult.

It was also their custom to add the name of the person after the greeting, not doing so was only for extremely informal meetings between friends introducing one friend to another or as a subtle insult of one higher stationed to one lower. She sensed magic near one of the windows and glanced out to see the dragon boy but saw no reason to comment. He would either enter or he would not.

Last edited by Staria; 05-22-2012 at 09:53 PM..

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 PM

-Enters the tavern, a gust of chilled night air and a few stray leaves making their in as well as a solid footfall closes the door behind him. Tall, dressed in a long trenchcoat, and having an odd aura about him he makes his way to the dark corner, sweeping all of the refuse, including the glass to the floor with a single swipe of his hand, save for the single candle that illuminates his table. From here, he watches, eyes as dark as the night itself, skin as pale as the full moon outside-

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-22-2012, 09:57 PM

Immune to the cold itself it was more the sudden lift of her snow white hair that caught the young Fealira's attention. She glanced to the door, expecting the dragon to have decided to enter only to see the mysterious man. He did not have the aura of one who wished to be approached at this point so she shrugged and let her own crystal blue eyes slip to the more feminine man in front of her. They were quite a contrast already, really she thought absently. She was more curious, however, how Alai would react to her slip. Her native tongue was still far easier for her... even if no one who was not Fealira born and raised knew it.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-22-2012, 10:00 PM

Alai looked extremely delighted when she spoke in that other language. It made him feel more giddy than normal and he bounced on his feet with a soft giggle. "Oh, that was so pretty. Say it again, please?" The look of delight turned to a hopeful look as he stared at her with his wide blue eyes. His right hand held his book tightly and close against his chest, and with his left hand he tugged ever so slightly on his long skirt. The hopeful look faded quickly though, turning to a look of momentary bashfulness as a slight blush colored his cheeks. "I'm a child of winter light. Ice and snow are my brothers and sisters, your voice reminds me of my home and all the things I hold dear in my heart."

When she glanced off in a direction, Alai followed her gaze for a moment, curious as to what had caught her attention. He smiled and shrugged, his gaze settling on Uranaya again. "Does your voice make other's cold?" A thoughtful look settled on his features and his head tilted to the side slightly. "Oh!" He jumped slightly and opened his book back to the page he had been writing on earlier when she had been talking. He began to write again. "It does make sense, considering how I feel when I hear your voice that it would make others cold and uncomfortable. Humans especially, I'm sure." He finished writing and closed his book again, replacing his pen in the folds of his cloak once more before hugging that book this chest with both arms now.

Of course, Alai's attention was caught by the newcomer entering the Tavern. He turned to watch the male as he entered, he was tall. The feminine male blinked those bright blue eyes as the man knocked everything off the table except the candle. Alai wanted to run up to the man and ask him questions, he didn't do that though, he just stood and watched the man. Something about the male made Alai hesitate, but he did smile brightly at the tall man.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-22-2012, 10:09 PM

Uranaya was puzzled a moment as he asked her to repeat herself and blushed a moment as he called it pretty. It was pleasing to find someone who liked it rather then yelled at her for 'speaking gibberish'. She had been called crazy before... it didn't help that she really did talk to herself when she was puzzling something out. She pushed away the thought, however, and began to answer only for him to ask another question and speak. She nodded yes and listened softly. A child of winter's light? Where had she heard that before? She shrugged off the thought and instead focused on his formal plea as she could not refuse such a hopeful look.

" Ira Saynara Cray'Neer? It.. It is a simple greeting. It means 'I am happy to meet you' or 'Meeting you brings me happiness'...either is equally accurate" She responded softly in that gentle, winter inducing voice of hers. She was having trouble keeping up with him really... He changed gears so fast! and he spoke so quickly! She was tempted to ask him to slow down a bit but she wasn't entirely certain he could.

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 05-22-2012, 10:14 PM

Plucking up some courage, he was a dragon after all, Silver enters the Tavern, giving a nod to those already inside. Quickly he looses courage and ducks into a small booth.