star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 05-19-2016, 04:08 AM

Asha let the bow of the violin dance across the strings as he played it, barely even noticing that he'd begun to gather a crowed. he had a violin already but it was an old one..this one had a bit more kick to it, played a bit more true as the notes danced through the air. a slow intricate melody that seemed to dance up through the air. almost like the music was 'dancing' with the listener. Almost like the notes where alive. coming to the end of his song asha 'came back' to himself and blinked at the crowed around him his cheeks heating up as he swallowed. "Um..Hi.." gripping the violin and bow he shifted suddenly wishing he could disappear. 'i shouldn't of tested it out in the store I know better.' he swallowed and edged back a few steps trying to find his way to the store check out counter, it took a moment but the crowed finally parted.. once he reached the desk he paid for the violin and its case. he made his way towards the door of the store and came to a stop as he saw Gage. feeling a wash of relief for a moment. "Gage?" his voice was a bit shakier then the night they'd run into each other but a thread of relief laced it at seeing ONE person he knew. he fought the urge to latch on to the other, worried it might make Gage uncomfortable. 'I hate moving to new places..' the thought was laced with bitterness but maybe he'd be able to stay in one place this time. who knew.

moving forward he absently hummed, trying to calm himself down. of course it also sent vibrations into the air which where allowing Gage to see. not that Asha was aware of that.. he was trying to center himself and he did that best with music. his voice was lilting and seemed to cut through all the noise around them easily. not that Asha liked to sing in front of people, believing his voice wasn't that good. "Here for a shopping trip?" he asked.. hoping the other wouldn't mind him talking to him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-19-2016, 07:00 PM

Gage listened to the violin, aware of the crowd, but not who played the song. He almost wanted to fade away when he heard the low chatter of other listeners, but in the entrance at least, he was somewhat alone. She the song ended, he hesitated as the others started to filter away. He stayed though, perhaps wanting a taste of more of that song, if not to know who played. No, he couldn't be sure the music wouldn't start up again and that's what he wanted.

When someone's footsteps moved toward him instead of around though, he turned his attention without letting go of the wall. "A....sha....??" he asked in response. A shiver went through him. This wasn't just so stranger. This was the shifter he ran away from the night previous and possibly the player of that beautiful song. "Did you play that violin?" Although he felt small, his voice came out strong and perhaps a little rougher than he meant.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 05-19-2016, 08:24 PM

Asha shifted back from the sharp tone swallowing. "I..Y..yeah I..I did.." how on earth had he ticked the other off now..'maybe I should just leave the mall, who needs more clothes..' even though he only had a few to his name.. he hated malls and he hated crowds and obviously asking Gage to stay near him so he could feel a bit safer wasn't going to happen.. 'the other's probably busy anyways..'

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-20-2016, 10:50 PM

There was no turning back now; he needed to know more about this musician adn the violin's sound wss good. He thought he knew the brand it was. Gage hesitated, but didn't back down. Slipping away from the wall, he held out one hand, judging by sound that he was close enough for it. "Can I see the violin?" he asked. Maybe he didn't do so well with words, but he more often than not knew what to say with music. Hearing Asha play made him want to play himself.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 05-21-2016, 04:50 AM

Asha hesitated then handed his newly acquired violin over to the other, and instinctively shifted so he could buffer the other from the people around them. now that he was focused on keeping people away from Gage without invading the other's space he felt some of the tension die down. he absently clicked the heel of his foot without really thinking about it, letting the sound he'd made show his own ears where things where behind him. while keeping his eyes on the people behind Gage to make sure none of them moved to close to the other. "Uh sure.. why not.." Asha wasn't aware Gage was blind, but he'd noticed the other used his hearing to tell where things where. and he was instinctively aiding the other.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-21-2016, 05:23 PM

Gage took the violin and fingered over the strings and the wood, getting to know their feel. Finally, he positioned it and started a quiet melody that bellied his hesitation. Letting the notes wander, he picked up a violin concerto that he played for a minute before letting the bow slid away from the strings. "It's a good violin," he murmured after a few seconds of silence. A part of him felt self conscious, but he felt comfortable when playing and that leaked over now, adding to his confidence. Gage handed the instrument back, or rather, held out his hands, waiting for the other to take it so it didn't get injured by him missing his mark. "Which kind was it? It's not the one that I have."

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 05-21-2016, 06:17 PM

Asha blinked as he came back from the music the other had been playing then incredulously. "Right..Your coming with me..the orchestra would LOVE you.." then he had to blink. "I.. a.. a viola violin.." he mumbled struggling to get over his shock. "You do know any orchestra worth it's salt.. would snap you up in a heart beat.."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-23-2016, 04:39 PM

Gage blinked, surprised by the other's outburst. He struggled to put his heartbeat back into place, but it didn't want to. People were around him; he knew it, but the noise only turned to confusion, quickening his heart beat even more. It wasn't normally like this. Normally he was so in control. "I...I can't go anyway. I never wanted to play with anyone, in front of anyone..." he managed to say. Never mind that he did that just now. It wasn't that he minded the eyes, but it wasn't his place. He'd never even really considered doing music for a living, though he also had no idea what else he would, or even could do. He was blind. He couldn't live in the normal world.

Turning away, Gage tried to exit the store, but stumbled against a shelf set against the entryway where he steadied himself. "Like I said, I can't really go anywhere."

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 05-23-2016, 09:28 PM

Asha didn't think he hummed, he'd noticed the other needed sharp noises to 'see' where he needed to go and it was instinctive. he shifted so he was between the other and the crush of the crowed going from placid and shocked to sending off an aura that told the people around them to back the hell off before he ripped into them. "Bullshit people just need to learn to let you live." the humming he did between talking was high enough Gage could hear it and that it sent out 'pings' around them for the other so that Gage could 'see' where everything was including Asha who was working the crowed back away from his new..what friend? he wasn't sure. though suddenly he did want gage as a friend. "Heck you could audition with me at the new orchestra group.."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-25-2016, 01:17 AM

Gage turned toward Asha, still not feeling calm. He was beginning to notice the constant humming though and it helped him see even if his own attention was faulty. Hearing was one thing, but listening was another when feeling so frazzled and angry. Well, maybe angry wasn't the right word, but he didn't think Asha was getting what he was saying and this closeness was weird and annoying. A stranger shouldn't want to help. "I don't know if you're pretending you don't notice so I'll feel better or if you're just an idiot, but I'm blind," he hissed, low, but angry. It was the thing he hated to share most, but he couldn't stand being told he should do things he couldn't either. "I just play music because I happen to have good ears. And orchestra is...." He trailed off, his voice going soft again. An orchestra was strange, scary, a direction. And right now, he didn't have a hint of direction for his life.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 05-25-2016, 07:53 AM

Asha glanced at him. "I can name a dozen blind musicians off the top of my head." asha said irritated. "Stop feeling sorry for yourself, you can move, you can talk, and if you tried you'd know you'd be able to do normal things as well. there's tons of deaf or blind people who live very normal lives. your not an invalid." okay maybe he shouldn't of said that but seeing the other act as if he couldn't LIVE ..it annoyed asha. and he wasn't sure WHY he wanted to help the other so badly. he just did. 'stop it you know why he's the first person you ran into. who DIDN'T chase you off.' all though Gage was sure trying right now. maybe he should give the other his space? "You didn't need to get upset if you didn't want me around you could of just said so. don't need to act like just because your blind you can't live, you could of just told me no thanks." he forced out calmer stopping the almost low thrumming in his throat. "I'll just..leave you be I'm obviously upsetting you and that wasn't my intentions."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-28-2016, 12:58 AM

Ten seconds passed by in utter silence. "I'm not invalid," Gage finally ground out, his voice quiet, but harsh. His anger had turned inward though, leaving his face reddened as he bit his lip and stood there stock still. He didn't need someone to tell him that. It was why he lived his life the way he did, so intent on not being different. He couldn't change that he was different and some day, he didn't mind it, but other days, he wanted more than anything to be someone else. "I'm sorry," he breathed out. Gage forced himself to breathe and bury the emotions. He shouldn't let himself get carried away like this. "But I've never thought about doing music for anyone besides me. I don't do well when I'm pushed..." He took a step toward Asha, then remembered he needed to echolocate since he'd oddly not been doing it for some time now. He found Asha easily, but didn't make another step.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 05-28-2016, 02:33 AM

Asha eyed the other warily for a moment. "Then I'm sorry, it's just your so good that I sometimes forget not everyone lives breaths or thinks in music like I do." shrugging he absently tapped the two bracelets he wore together sending out a sharp note that cut through a lot of the noise and re-vibrated off of anything near them. "I..Would you care to grab something to eat or drink? i think there's a restaurant int here some where.."
yeah he was still trying to reach out to the other he didn't know WHY, clearly Gage didn't need him as a friend but..the other made asha not feel quite the outsider and it had been such a long time since he'd felt..normal .

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-01-2016, 12:09 AM

After a second of hesitation, Gage nodded his head. "I wanted to check if there were any new CD's to buy, but I was going to meet my sister back at the food court later. Do you want to look for music and then go there...?" he asked. Though his voice wasn't loud or sure, he didn't sound as biting as he had before. After so long not conversing with anyone but his family, he was easing back into the habit of it. He rubbed his wrist, feeling a little nervous still, but at least he didn't feel threatened or bothered by Asha. "I mean, if you really still want to hang out with me..."

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-01-2016, 03:36 AM

Asha hummed. "Music could be good. might pick up a cd or two myself." asha said nodding even though he knew the other couldn't see it. though he'd absently flicked a nail Against one of the metal bracelets he wore. kind of like meditation beads, but done in metal, three rows, they could deflect swords or knives. but with asha he tended to use them to send out a low 'tinging' sound that painted out images behind him so he didn't get twitchy and let him see if someone was behind him or not. sort of like echolocation but more. it would also help gage 'see' of course.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-02-2016, 02:32 PM

With a small hum in answer himself, Gage started toward the store which was only a few down from the one they were at, tapping his bracelet the entire time. It was an easy trip and as well as he knew the mall, he walked with confidence between those passing through the halls, avoiding a sunglasses kiosk like water parting around a stone. Once he reached the store, a quietness settled over them. It gave a hole in the wall feeling, which really, the place was despite being in the mall. Having heard Asha's footsteps follow him, Gage turned to address him. "So, what sort of music do you listen to?"

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-02-2016, 06:29 PM

Asha tilted his head absently humming. "Hmm well anything really, I like Celtic and instrumental a lot..." Asha said and tried to ignore how nice the other looked.. well when he wasn't self conscious anyways.. the less people around the less tense asha himself was. then again he wasn't a fan of crowds, even if he could see. they made him uncomfortable.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-04-2016, 12:57 AM

"Me too," Gage hummed. Slower now, though still with ease, he moved among the aisles of the music store, counting in his head to the second one to the right from the entry. Good, they hadn't changed their layout since he was last here. And though he wouldn't admit it, it would be easier to look for music with someone to be his eyes. Otherwise he had to ask whoever worked the front. Most of them knew him by now at least. "Classical, or metal...the kind with violins and piano and a choir in the background. Just something different from the classic use of those instruments. I'll pick up piano from songs on the radio if it's intricate. I prefer something more challenging though." Vocal heavy and overly typical and formulaic songs didn't suit his playing or listening.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-04-2016, 02:45 PM

Asha slowly relaxed as he fallowed the other a smile lighting his face as he looked over the selections. absently reading them off as they walked down the isle, and alright he was also asking Gage about the artist. as none of these where known to him. it was. nice. for once Asha felt comfortable in his skin around someone. the out of place feeling faded to a barely there feeling as long as he was around Gage and he made a mental note to find out where the other lived so he could go and get him to go on walks with him. as they walked he never touched the other unless absently nudging him around people in front of him. so to anyone else it didn't look as if Gage needed the help. just that asha was getting his attention for something. "I know I like Lindsey Stirling, she has some pretty good music..mostly a mix of Instrumental with the occasional singing.. I rather like it.. Especially her Roundtable Rival song." Asha talked on about different artist's he'd listened to. seeming to open up now that he was more relaxed then before.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-04-2016, 04:58 PM

Gage let Asha help him 'look' through the albums offered, trying to see what was knew and what he actually wanted. "I like her music too. The instrumentals for sure, but the singing is fine. I can't sing; don't like it much anyway," he admitted. Even with his voice soft, he sounded more at ease. He'd already picked out one album and walked slowly with his fingers trailed against the CD edges, feeling the ridges and the corners of the plastic smoothing around the pads of his fingers. It looked like just an idle gesture as he walked, but it offered him a wealth of information most people would never notice with a simple touch. Surprisingly, he didn't chaff too much at Asha's help either. "Do you play anything besides violin?"

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 06-06-2016 at 05:34 PM..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-04-2016, 08:29 PM

Asha hummed. "Yeah, Violin, a few other instruments. I can even play Harp, i rather find that one can be soothing when I've had a bad day or feel out of place. problem is its currently packed away in a storage unit until I find a place to live so all I really have out is my Violin which is easier to transport without damage and all." now that the isle ahead of them was clear h e stopped nudging the other and just walked next to him, just enjoying the calmness that was around them. it felt..Nice. a lot more comfortable then he'd felt since he'd been there anyways. maybe if he was lucky he'd find a few more people like Gage to hang around.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-06-2016, 05:35 PM

"Harp? I don't know much about it. I have a guitar and flute, but I don't play them as much." Gage bit the inside of his lip, not admitting that he stopped playing the flute for a reason. At the time when he first heard it, he just liked the sound. The conception that it was a 'female' instrument never reached him. This is, until he played it at school. But those days were far behind him now. "I've got one CD here which is probably good. Did you find anything?" he asked after they'd looked for some minutes. He could keep time pretty well in his head so he knew he should head back to the food court before too long especially if he wanted to grab a bite with someone besides his family.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-07-2016, 02:19 AM

Asha smiled as he slide the CD's against the other's hands so he could feel all three. "Yep.. all set to go if you are.." two of them had harp and piano music another had flute, harp and some type of lap harp that was deeper sounding then the stand up harps where. "So uh..where's the best place to grab food in here?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-08-2016, 05:28 PM

After they paid for the cd's, Gage slowly navigated toward the first floor of the mall where the food court was. He shrugged one shoulder as he walked, careful to not let the gesture distract him. "Depends on what you like. I eat at the chinese place of get chicken usually. Sandwiches, salads...there's all the usual mall fare, so whatever." As far as he knew, malls more of less had the same sort of food court. Maybe not the same exact places, but you knew what to expect when you went in. "It should be around one right now. That leaves a little more than five minutes before Maria comes and finds me. Another five before our parents show. We can eat together until then."

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-09-2016, 03:02 AM

Asha nodded. "I'd like that." he agreed as he fallowed the other to the food vendor he was going to buy from. after they'd both gotten ther food he carefully nudged the other towards a table, only slight touches on his arm. he never fully grabbed Gage, or even really touched him much beyond a finger to his arm to let him know where to move. a slight tug with his finger against the arm would have the other moving around people and to anyone else. gage did it on his own. Hell asha wasn't really a touchy type of person but he didn't mind touching gage. the other was.. soothing some how.