NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-20-2017, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Inn:
A quaint two story inn sits nestled in a grove of trees just a few yards off the main road. The building itself has a cobblestone first floor and a wooden second floor, a cobblestone chimney is often puffing out smoke. A heavy and large wooden door sits in the center of the buildings face a well worn path leads up to twin fences and wooden water troves on either side of the door. Another path leads off to the left side and behind the inn to the barn behind the inn.

Entering the inn through the front door travelers is greeted where the innkeeper has set up a dozen small tables and chairs throughout the large open room. A long bar covers most of the right most wall, just behind that you can see the large hearth that generally has something cooking into. Just beyond the bar tucked away in the far corner are three steps that lead up to the stairs that are sandwiched between the exterior wall and the wall behind the bar.
A tall rather muscular man, 6'5', stands behind the bar. He wears an off-white shirt which he generally has the sleeves rolled up. His shirt is tucked into a rust colored pants, which are tucked into scuffed knee length black boots. He wears a well worn dark brown apron that protects his clothes for when he has to tend to food and fire in the hearth. His dark brown almost black hair is cropped short.

He busies himself wiping down the bar an waits for someone to come in.

Last edited by NightStalker; 05-23-2017 at 01:10 AM..

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 05-23-2017, 01:07 AM

A figure wearing a black hooded cloak enters the inn raindrops dusting the top of their hood and shoulders. The smell of spring rain comes in with the figure. Shaking the rain off they push their hood back and push their cloak back revealing a woman with long dark hair and dressed in leather armor, a long katana style sword hangs from her hip.

Looking around the vacant inn the whole room smells of roasting meat and stew. Spotting the innkeeper she nods and walks over to the bar and has a seat. "Some stew, bread if there's any and water please innkeeper." She says placing a few coins on the bar.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-23-2017, 01:28 AM

Noticing her when she walked him he readied himself for trouble when he first noticed her sword. Subtly reaching for a large bat hidden under the bar he watches her carefully as she comes up and takes a seat. Smiling a bit at her request he lets go of the bat and goes to get her food.

"Not many come by this way. What brings you here stranger?" He asks putting a bowl a stew and a plate with a hunk of bread in front of her and then pulls a cup from behind the bar and fills it with water from a pitcher that was also behind the bar. He puts the pitcher of water within arms reach of her on the bar and scoops up the coins testing them briefly before putting them away.

Last edited by NightStalker; 05-23-2017 at 01:30 AM..

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 05-23-2017, 01:37 AM

Taking a moment to take in the fragrant smell of the stew she takes the bread and rips off a piece and soaks it in the broth. "I'm Raven. I need a place to eat and rest for at least the night. A storm is brewing out there. Nothing anyone should get caught in." Leaning forward she hungrily eats the piece of bread and a few more letting each one soak up broth. "Complements to your cook." She says with a mouth full of bread.

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 11:02 PM..

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-23-2017, 01:43 AM

He grins at her. "You're welcome to stay the night Raven. I've got five empty rooms to chose from upstairs. I'm Hunter and the cook." Moving off to the side a few steps to give her space he leans against the bar. "Do you think it's going to be a bad one?" He asks looking toward the front door.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 05-23-2017, 01:51 AM

"Good to meet you Hunter." She says giving a slight nod and shrugs at his question. "It could get bad, the sky looked angry and the wind has picked up quite a bit. Your inn looks tucked into the trees fairly well I think the surrounding trees will help protect you and the building." She says cupping her chilled hands around the bowl and takes a draw of the broth.

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 11:03 PM..

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-23-2017, 02:03 AM

He nods and notices how she's holding the bowl of stew. "Let me get you some warm tea and once you're done I can show you to a room." He says taking another cup from under the bar and fills it from a kettle in the hearth and places the steaming cup next to the cup of water.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 05-26-2017, 01:21 AM

She smiles at him for the tea. Finishing her meal with pleasant conversation from Hunter. Putting a healthy tip on the bar she gathers her sword and cloak from the stools beside her. "Could you show me to a room now?"

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 11:03 PM..

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-28-2017, 07:40 PM

He nods taking the tip she left before making his way out from behind the bar and then up the stairs behind the bar. Leading her to the room at the end of the hallway he opens the door and steps aside letting her go in first. Inside is a fair sized room is a queen sized bed sits up against one wall. "There's extra blankets and towels in the trunk." he says pointing at the wooden trunk at the end of the bed. The single window across from the bed offers little light from outside thanks to it being night now. Turning the light on in the room he goes inside to close the drapes rain pelts and runs down the window. "I gave you this room so if anyone else makes it through this you wont be disturbed." He says turning back to her and goes back out into the hall.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 05-29-2017, 12:00 AM

She nods looking around the room as she goes inside. "This will do nicely. Thank you Hunter. I think I'm going to clean up and get some sleep now. See you in the morning." She smiles at him as he goes back out into the hall.

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 11:04 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-29-2017, 01:36 AM

The sky seemed angry, rain was already falling and the clouds were only growing darker by the minute. The rain had soaked through the little bit of clothing he wore without much effort, his clothing wasn't exactly ideal for this type of weather at all. His feet were covered by soft slippers that clearly were not designed for outdoor traveling. They were ornate and delicate looking, instead of wearing pants, he wore a silken cloth that could most aptly be described as a harem type skirt. It was barely little more than a pair of panties with long skirt like cloth hanging down the sides and draping elegantly along the back. It covered all the important bits and still managed to leave some things to the imagination. The only thing holding this bit of cloth in place was the thin string that came together from front and back to tie at his hips.

The young man's top was little more than a triangle of see through cloth. It only covered his front, with strings that tied around the back of his neck and strings that tied around his back to hold it into place. The top left nothing to the imagination, as it was see through. Golden rings attached the bottom corners of the top to the skirt like part of his bottom. Solid gold bands adorned both his upper arms, and both his upper thighs. A golden necklace rested around his throat, with several gems inlaid in it, rubies and a sapphire in the center. The young man moved as quickly as he could, not on the road, but not too far from it. When his crystalline blue eyes landed on the Inn, he altered his course to take him there.

He needed shelter from the storm, he wouldn't survive long out here on his own regardless but the storm made his chances of survival even smaller. Finally his feet brought him to the door, he lifted both hands to push the door open gently. His wrists both encircled with solid gold bands that were linked together with golden links. His heart pounded hard in his chest, fear and uncertainty seemed to radiate from his form in palpable waves. Hesitantly he stepped into the building, water running down his silver hair and dripping onto the floor. This young man couldn't have been older than 18 or so, and he stood there like a frightened rabbit.

Somewhere in the distance lightning flashed, the storm was edging ever closer.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-29-2017, 01:55 AM

Rain. It just had to be rain of all things!

Viridis thumped her staff against the ground as the weather turned even nastier than it had been before. She was grateful her father had insisted she wear a waterproof cloak; at the very least it meant her head was dry, though she couldn't quite say the same for her poor feet. Worn leather boots might have been comfortable, but their resistance to mud and muck had been sorely tested to the limits that evening.

Her donkey, laden with carefuly covered packs, followed along dutifully. If not for the weather, the chancy terrain, Viridis would have been riding Gusty instead of holding the reins and guiding the animal. It simply couldn't be risked. The books in those packs were too valuable to be trusted to an overbudened donkey, though Gusty was the very best even if she did look a bit worse for wear. Gusty was also the very steadiest of creatures, not even flinching when lightning flashed or thunder boomed.

Reliefe flooded the obsidian haired woman when she noticed another figure on the path, and beyond them an inn. She picked up the pace, and soon after finding some space for her animal, Virids found herself standing behind a barely clothed young man.

Spring green eyes flashing, she whisked her cloak off and wrapped it around the shivering stranger. "What possessed you, going outside in clothes like these?" Gently chiding, she tried to encourage the paled haired youth deeper into the comforting warmth of the inn. "Now, why don't we both settle down at a table. I'll pay for your meal, if you'll let me, and we can have a nice chat." Probably about the kind of situation that would drive anyone outside with barely any clothing to their name.

Hopefully she would be able to do something to help, thought Viridis. Soon after, she wondered if the innkeeper was even still awake.

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 05-29-2017 at 02:00 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-29-2017, 02:26 AM

Mira had been oblivious to the traveler behind him until he suddenly found a cloak wrapped around him. He nearly jumped out of his skin, making the slightest startled noise as he turned to face the woman. Those blue eyes wide with fear, then a brief flash of relief that was quickly replaced by uncertainty. The chains that linked his wrists together clinked softly as he moved his hands, grasping at the cloak with slender fingers. Holding it tight around him, glad for the warmth but not quite sure what was expected of him in return.

The woman had spoken to him also, and he looked her over carefully. Trying to determine what social standing she held, certainly above him but not by much. She couldn't have possibly been sent to recapture him, she didn't look the type...or did she? Mira really couldn't tell. Certainly soldiers wouldn't have been hired. Mercenaries probably. This woman could be a mercenary, as he really didn't know what a mercenary might look like. She had asked him a question though, and he was most certainly expected to answer, wasn't he?

Mira was uncertain of what kind of rules he was supposed to follow now that he was far from his master. He bit his bottom lip and took a few steps away from her, quite suddenly averting his gaze to the floor. He had been staring at her for far more time than was proper for one of his standing. But did those rules apply out here? He didn't know. He didn't know anything at all.

"These are my only clothes, Lady." His voice was soft, gentle and full of uncertainty and fear. She had mentioned food, but no one would buy him a full meal, that just wasn't how things were done. Was it? He had wanted to escape that world of rules, restrictions and punishments. Almost certain that beyond the walls of his master's estate those rules didn't exist, but now. Face to face with another person, Mira was not certain of anything anymore.

He lifted his gaze a bit, to chance a glance at her face. She seemed sincere, and that only made him more uncertain. That crystal blue gaze dropped back to the floor and he shifted on his feet slightly. "I am happy with whatever you deem appropriate for me to eat, Lady." His heart was hammering hard in his chest, was that the proper response? He didn't know, no one inside the estate would offer to buy a slave a meal. They would generally offer scraps.

The woman had also said something about a chat. People didn't tend to chat with slaves, could that be a normal occurrence beyond the walls that had kept him prisoner for his whole life? Mira seemed more confused with every passing second. He glanced at the tables for a moment, trying to figure out which one would be the most pleasing for this woman to sit at.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-29-2017, 02:39 AM

Viridis stayed still beneath that uncertain gaze, wondering what the stranger made of her handsome features. She's wasn't conventionaly beautiful, and sometimes hated, sometimes adored, the spattering of freckles across her face.

The clinking of metal drew her eyes, and she had to fight hard not to show even the tiniest of reaction at the sight of golden shackles binding delicate wrists. If it wouldn't have frightened the poor runaway, for he had to be that, she would have slammed her staff to the ground or done something to show just how hot her anger burned. Instead, she let out a long breath, and inhaled. Viridis counted to four, then released the air straining to be free from her lungs. She repeated the process a few more times until she thought she could speak without showing too much of what had flashed through her.

"Well then, as much as you can eat it is, and perhaps a change of clothes can be scrounged up for you too." How was she supposed to make a runaway slave feel comfortable? He would probably be suspicious if he thought he was getting so many things for nothing. Then again, who knew what was going through his mind? "Of course, I would like your help with bringing my packs inside and rubbing down my donkey. The poor thing, I was in such a rush to pay for a room that I forgot to take care of her as I should have."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-29-2017, 03:10 AM

When the woman drew in that breath and held it, Mira felt as if he had done something to anger her. He didn't move though, if he had made her angry with his words, skittering away from her might only increase that anger. She let out that breath after a few seconds and then did it again a few more times. He wanted to dart past her and back out into the storm, if only to escape this situation that he had no idea of how to handle. He didn't dare move though. When she spoke again she mentioned clothing and Mira's head jerked up, his eyes locking with hers for the briefest of moments. He looked very startled.

His gaze had dropped to the floor again, food and clothes. There had to be something more to it than that. She did mention carrying her packs and rubbing her donkey down...but those were minor things and certainly not worth food and different clothes. Not worth it at all. However, Mira did not hesitate, as he wasn't certain he should follow her orders or not, it was just best to fall into the set of rules he knew. If they were inside the walls of the estate, he would be expected to do as she said. Out here where he had no idea of the rules, he would just follow the ones he was used to.

Those chains clinked lightly as he adjusted the cloak slightly. It seemed she wanted him to wear it, so he kept it on, and without a word he slipped lithely past her and out the door. Mira moved to the donkey with an easy grace, a subtle confidence, now that he had some duty or objective to complete. He touched the donkey gently on the nose and offered soft words and soothing noises to it before he moved around to it's side.

It was a little awkward, unloading the donkey with those clinking golden chains keeping him from moving his arms widely apart. Though the way he moved and dealt with that restriction made it seem like he was rather used to working with that golden restriction. He didn't expect the woman to come help either, after all, why should she do a slave's job? So Mira practically ignored that woman as he carried the packs from the donkey to inside the inn. He brought the packs over to near the fireplace, as they were damp from the rain.

Setting them close enough to the fire place to hopefully dry them well enough without them being so close to result in any damage. Once he was done with unloading the donkey, he would begin to lead the creature towards the barn he had glimpsed behind the Inn when he was first approaching the building. He would find a place for the donkey in the barn before working at removing the tack and then brushing the beat down. He couldn't help but wonder and worry over what this woman truly expected and wanted from him.

It would be so easy for her to either return him to his master for a nice reward, or even sell him to a different master for some kind of profit. She could even keep him for herself. Though technically she hadn't really caught him. He glanced around as he brushed the donkey and those chains clinked softly with every motion of his hands, briefly wondering if he should run away right now.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-29-2017, 03:43 AM

Hearing the door open twice and then voices downstairs he nods at Raven and quickly makes his way back down stairs. "Welcome." He says reaching the ground floor just as one of the travelers goes back out into the storm. He can't help but notice the splayed packages sitting around the fire in the hearth. "It's a terrible night to be out can I offer you and your companion stew or tea?" he asks looking at the woman. "There's plenty of room for both of you." he adds when the man in the cloak doesn't come back inside.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-29-2017, 09:53 AM

As the stranger took care of Gusty, Viridis wondered what to do about those pesky chains. She certianly didn't have they keys necessary to remove them, but she did have a little practice at picking locks. Sometimes it was necessary to use lockpicks to open an old tome withough its original key, and she had turned out to be far nimbler at it then her father, though he was an expert at repairing books.

When the paled haired young man returned with her packs, she went to them and smiled at her helper. He was gone before she could thank him, though maybe that was pushing it. Was he used to being thanked? She rather thought not.

Viridis busied herself checking the books, and only turned away from them when she heard stairs creaking a new voice. The young woman adjust her plaid skirt as she stood, twitcing it back into order. "Both would be perfect. I hope you don't mind, but my... Viridis hesitated. "... my friend has gone out to put my donkey in your stables.

She plucked a pouch from her belt and counted out enough coins to pay for two meals, or what she thought would be enough, and held them out to the tall innkeeper. She suspected her neck would hurt soon if she tried looking up at him for too long. "Some rooms would be nice too, but I have no idea for how long. And I wonder if you have an extra cloak, and some clothes, I could buy?"

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 05-29-2017 at 03:11 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-29-2017, 01:55 PM

Mira took his time with brushing the donkey, he did not belong to the woman, but he had been told to do something and he would do it right. Besides, the donkey deserved tender care as well. He was frowning as he worked, rubbing the brush gently over the donkey's hide as he tried to make sense of everything that had happened. He wasn't sure how far he was from the estate, he wasn't sure of this woman's intentions nor of the intentions of anyone else that might be staying in the inn.

What had at first seemed like a good idea, was not beginning to feel like a bad one. Seeking shelter in an inn that would be full of people. He needed to be smarter about these kinds of things. Finally when he was done brushing the donkey, he stroked her nose for a moment. It would be easy to slip away, he was out in the barn and the woman hadn't followed to make sure he did as asked. Mira shifted on his feet. That woman seemed different though, different than the people we was used to being around.

Maybe she could or would actually help him, but at what price? Nothing was given for free, it was earned, and for a slave to earn anything, well that was already highly difficult. A sigh passed his lips, and he gripped that cloak tighter around him before venturing back out into the rain. His chains clinked softly but the sound was mostly masked by the noise from the heavy rain and the occasional crashes of thunder that grew louder.

Soon he was stepping back into the inn. Hesitantly he moved over towards the woman, his blue eyes were watching the inn keeper now though. Would that man turn him back over for the reward money? His gaze shifted a bit uncertainly to the woman, what did she want of him now? How could he even begin to ask her for help? Was that even a good idea? He supposed he wouldn't get anywhere at all if he didn't try.

His lips parted ever so slightly, but fear kept the words still in his throat, so instead of speaking his tongue flicked out to moisten his lips for the briefest of moments.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-30-2017, 12:20 AM

Taking coins and quickly counting them he nods starting to go back behind the bar, he stops when her companion returns. "I was just about to bring your friend some tea and stew." He says motioning towards the woman. "Would you like the same? I also have roasted boar and fresh bread staying warm in the heath." He says looking at the man as he pockets the coins.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-30-2017, 01:44 AM

Mira looked to the innkeeper when the man spoke, uncertainty clear in his blue eyes. A bit of confusion when the man referred to that woman as Mira's friend and he glanced at her. Questioning, wondering what words had been exchanged between the two before he had returned. He blinked, almost stunned at the offer of such lavish food.

He wasn't good enough to eat roasted boar, or fresh bread, or even warm stew. His heart was pounding hard in his chest again from fear. Was this a trap? But didn't this only help to prove that the rules beyond those walls were different? Mira wasn't so sure. Everything was far too different, he had expected small differences. Gradual change, but this was too much and far to fast.

Surely even beyond the walls of the estate, fresh cooked food wasn't to be wasted on the likes of him? Was that a normal thing out here? Those golden chains clinked softly as he raised his hands to cover his face. "Sir, I am not worthy." If this was a test, or a trap, his response was proper. He had no idea how these people might react to those words if they had been sincere in their offer of fresh food though.

Mira dropped to his knees, those hands still hiding his face. As if he were afraid to look upon these people anymore than he already had. His voice was filled with fear when next he spoke. "I have done nothing to deserve fresh food...I am happy and eager to accept the scraps and leftovers that are more fitting to be served to one of my station."

He lowered his hands, his eyes on the floor and his body seemed to tremble the slightest bit. Fresh food would be wonderful, but he dare not think about that. Even thinking about such a thing was not for one such as him. Mira was feeling very overwhelmed and very unsure of how to deal with any of this. Why had he ever thought he could survive beyond the walls of the only home he'd ever known?

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-30-2017, 02:04 AM

He couldn't help his surprise at the mans reaction. Owning and running this and he's long since learned to keep his opinion to himself regardless of the station or situation that brought someone through his door. "She paid for two meals and only told me what she wanted. I maybe just a humble innkeeper but I have pride enough not to serve scraps to anyone who enters I don't care if you're a king or a slave. Please get up. The storm seems to have gotten worse since I last looked some nice roasted boar will give you strength and some tea to warm you." He offers him a hand up. "Come sit here." He says motioning towards a table and chairs about a yard from the hearth. "The fire will warm you from the outside while my food warms you from the inside." He says with a kind smile.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-30-2017, 02:58 AM

Mira glanced at the woman, she had already paid for two meals...A meal for him? She had said she would if he helped with her packs and donkey, but honestly Mira had still only expected scraps. For a moment he seemed bewildered, slowly recovering from that emotion when the man stood in front of him and offered him a hand up. Hesitantly and with those golden chains clinking around his wrists, Mira took the offered hand and got to his feet slowly. Stunned. Positively stunned.

Someone had helped him to his feet. Such a thing never would have happened within his master's estate. No one would ever have done such a thing for a slave. Mira released the man's hand as soon as he was on his feet, too stunned to say anything he only nodded dumbly at the chair and table indicated. Everything seemed so surreal at the moment, and Mira moved hesitantly towards that table and chair. Slowly he sat down in one of the chairs at the table, his mind a bit numb at everything that was happening. He felt dizzy all of a sudden, but at least he was already sitting.

All of this, whatever this was, it was too much. He didn't know what he should do at all. Those blue eyes blinked as if he were coming out of a dream and he shook his head slightly, before his gaze settled on the innkeeper, and then the woman. "Thank you." The sincere words left his lips in a breathless whisper. Still there was a little uncertainty in his tone, as if he expected this to be some sort of trap. It could be. However he did have his doubts. Already these people had treated him far better than any he had ever known within that estate.

Mira shifted slightly in his seat, that crystal blue gaze turning downwards, to focus on the table. He still didn't know what these people expected of him. What did they want from him in return for all of this?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-30-2017, 10:15 AM

Whoever had treated her new companion so horribly ... oh they would pay someday, she make sure of that! No one had a right to make another person feel like a piece of trash, to be used and discared when all was over and done with.

Viridis's white knuckled grip upon her staff relaxed when the innkeeper treated her guest with all the kind compassion she could have wished. The young woman smiled at the tall man. If not for the runaway's presence, she would have done more than slip a few more coins into the inn keeper's hand.

She joined the pale haired, scantily clad, young man. Wood knocked against wood as Virids settled her staff against the table. Now that all of that is settled, we should take care of those." Viridis pointed at the golden shackles with a small smile, though the thought of even touching them revulsed her. What kind of horrid person would force anything like that onto a person, onto anything? She could barely tolerate menageries, and this was so much worse ... Worse even than the workhouses some had created where debtors worked.

Viridis fussed with something upon her belt; her hand emerged from beneath the table holding a cloth roll. Once the ribbon was unbound, lockpicks were revealed, all in a neat protected row. "Some books are locked, with the key long lost,"explained the young woman,"and then it's necessary to find another way to reveal the pages inside." Should she pull out an example? She didn't want the inn keeper to think she was some kind of thief.

"Oh, my name is Viridis!" She grinned as she said it, a little ruefuly because she had forgotten so important a detail.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-30-2017, 04:45 PM

Mira jumped the slightest bit when the woman's staff knocked against the table. He had been far to busy staring at the table's surface to notice her approach. His body tensed for the briefest of moments, then relaxed a bit as he slowly brought his gaze up to look at the woman. When she pointed at the gold that encircled his wrists and were linked together with more gold, he frowned. If she removed them without damaging them they could be sold for a pretty sum.

The gold armbands on his upper arms, the ones around his thighs and that gold necklace with gemstones inlaid in it would all fetch a rather handsome sum. There's no telling what kind of fate would have befallen Mira if some unsavory bandits had happened upon him on the road. He had been lucky in that regard, perhaps it wast he storm that had kept such people from being so active this evening. His eyes stared at the gold bands, his frown deepening. She was going to take them from him.

True they got in the way of some of his duties, and would probably continue to do so, but..."They were a gift, Lady Viridis." He spoke the words so softly, and with fear. Not quite sure how he should feel about her want to take away the few things his master had ever given him. Not to mention they were pretty. None of the other slaves in his master's estate had been adorned with gold. They had all been given silver, and only very little of it. Only Mira had been the favorite, had earned the gold jewelry he wore.

He did understand that they were in the way, and a sign of his captivity but for one who rarely ever got lavish gifts from a cruel master, they were special. Mira's frown deepened as he stared down at the gold binding his wrists, his brow furrowed in thought. Then ever so slowly, he held his wrists out towards her. They were a gift, but even he could understand the cruelty of such a gift. Still, he was hesitant.

His gaze had dropped down to stare at the table between his outstretched arms. "I am called Mira, if it pleases you, Lady Viridis." That statement was meant to be taken to mean that she could call him whatever she liked if she did not wish to use his name.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-30-2017, 08:20 PM

Viridis busied herself with the shackles, not trusting herself to speak just yet. A gift? She worried at her lower lip as she peered at the keyholes. Gentle hands manipulated Mira's wrists, turning them so the firelight illuminated the physical symbol of his captivity.

Finally, Viridis chose one of her smaller picks. The piece of metal slid into the ornate shackles. With a few jiggles and twists, there was an audible click and one of the cuffs fell to the table. Soon the other joined it. The book seller's daughter disappeared form sight for a few seconds and popped back above the table with a plain canvas drawstring bag. She slid the gold inside, pulled the rope tight, and handed it all to Mira with a soft smile.

"Mira is a wonderful name; it suits you."The dark haired woman glanced at the table, a little embarrassed by the title Mira had given her now that she had a moment to think about it. "As for calling me a lady... I'm flattered, but I'm no more than a book merchant's daughter, so please just call me Viridis."

Her mother would have had a fit. That woman would have loved being bowed and catered to. Viridis on the other hand was more like her father, concerned more with books than titles and riches. The eldest daughter of two, with a younger brother as well, Viridis had long ago decided to let her siblings worry about their mother's ambitions.