Gory Little Horror
The Lurker
Send a message via MSN to Gory Little Horror

Old 02-22-2008, 07:44 PM

Yes so ... I can't really draw anything xD Especially not animals, people or even anime people :3 That's how bad I am. However today I random decided to try to draw my avatar ^_^; And this is what came out of it:

Clicky!

So as you can see I've already put my own comments on it. I don't think they're really that good. So I need tips and things because -.-' I want to be able to draw, I'm willing to spend time trying and that so yeah, tips and techniques were be really good ^_^ Also comments on my drawings so far like what I can improve and how I can improve it because I find it hard >.<'

Manseutus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Manseutus Send a message via MSN to Manseutus Send a message via Yahoo to Manseutus

Old 02-22-2008, 08:11 PM

Well the first thing is to get a lot of reference pictures. They really help with the anatmy of things. other than that looks like you just ned to draw more and youll get better. Also there are a lot of tutorials out there you just got to look for them. By the way the picture isnt half bad

Gory Little Horror
The Lurker

Old 02-22-2008, 08:23 PM

-.-' Anatmy ... The thing I'm most likely to mess up xD And I tried a turorial ... it really didn't help. Just made me annoyed because I still couldn't do it even though the instructions were right in front of me xp
And which picture? I personalyly thing they're all half bad xD

Manseutus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Manseutus Send a message via MSN to Manseutus Send a message via Yahoo to Manseutus

Old 02-22-2008, 09:02 PM

Uhm both pictures of her arent really that bad. they are actually pretty good for some one who doesnt draw often. really if i posted my first drawings id show you. youll get good just gotta practice

Gory Little Horror
The Lurker

Old 02-22-2008, 09:03 PM

Actually I don't draw at all xD Cos of the crappy drawings I do and okay I'll keep practising but I think they may of just been some lucky thing :/

Manseutus
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-22-2008, 09:07 PM

Good you keep trying

Also you can go to my SA gallery. you can see the change in my art. That is if you feel the need to see how much you will improve :) be warned i didnt upload them in order sorry

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-22-2008, 09:08 PM

I don't really know what I'm doing but I think for the first one maybe elongate the neck and the arms are too skinny

the second one I the hair is at different lengths unless you want it that way.. I think the chest is ok because you chest is bigger than your head. the arms bnd kinda awkwardly... is that a word? xD

and as for the third the legs are kinda short and kinda strangely shaped. I think you should try to elongate them and theres a weird gap between the legs.

I hope that helped

:3

♥

Manseutus
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-22-2008, 09:13 PM

hmmm.. Usuri very good assesment and advice on solving the problem. and yes awkwardly is a word. :) Really reference pics help with all those things becuase you can see what it should look like

Gory Little Horror
The Lurker

Old 02-22-2008, 09:16 PM

xxD If I don't get better with you twos advice I'll (blame you, naturally xp) give up and keep to abstract art and photography lol

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-22-2008, 09:18 PM

@ Manseutus: thankies?

xD

@ Gory: Don't blame me~~

I'm just an innocent ... person?

xD

* U *

Goodluck

♥

EDIT: ask someone to take a picture of yourself in one of those poses and that should help you understand

:3

Manseutus
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-22-2008, 09:22 PM

@usuri- You are very welcome

@gory- Blame me entirely. :) nah youll get better itll take time but you will

Gory Little Horror
The Lurker

Old 02-22-2008, 09:29 PM

lol Thanks for the encouragment and kind words. =] Cos I really did need niceness at this time

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-22-2008, 11:05 PM

The lines are a little too light to see, so try to fix that first of all.

Now onto the actual art...

For the headshots, I suggest you try to work a little more on the proportions of the face. Also, the hair needs a little work. Hair is not just a mass on your head, its made up of a lot of layers and strands and junk. Don't feel bad if you can't get that, I assure you that my hair might as well have been glued to to my drawings' foreheads and then the walls behind them. >.>;

Also, the arms are much too thin. And they don't curve like those weird plastic dolls, they bend like door hinges.

For the lowers, the shape of the legs are off. The triangle created by the skirt and legs shouldn't be there.

Good luck improving!

katla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-23-2008, 02:42 AM

I don't know if it would work for you, but what I've been doing is renting the 'How to Draw Manga' books from the library. they help a lot if you just take the time to read all the tips and stuff. I'm just learning how to draw too and I've been getting better thanks to those books.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Leona of the Zodiac

Old 02-23-2008, 03:52 AM

Basically, what I can tell you to do is practice, practice, practice. Its true, the more one draws the better they get. Perhaps set up one of those 100 doodle challenges for yourself?

As mentioned above, refs are your best friend. Don't feel embarassed to use a good stock pic, thats what they are tehre for! Even an artists anatomy, or how to draw manga book would help out greatly!

Most of all, experiment as you draw, twist soemthing around, develop your style and let it flow. It doesnt come instant, but with time things could very well go your way. *nods*