Kadrias
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Kadrias Send a message via MSN to Kadrias

Old 01-02-2008, 02:27 AM

Alright, so the other night I started up a sketch of an OC of mine (on the computer, no scanner T_T ), deciding I would try really hard to make my drawings on the comp look more like they do on paper. It turned out kinda big, but I liked the result.

Now I've been working on colouring it, and trying some new things.. Though thats mostly messing around more with watercolour in other places of the picture, namely the hair. So I've done the head, and I'm not sure about the hair.. for the most part..

What do you guys think of it? ^^; For the hair I pretty much just used a few multiply layers and with a watercolour brush, put all the strands in.

I'm using OpenCanvas 4.03Plus, if that matters at all. xD

Chidori
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 01-02-2008, 02:41 AM

wow it looks very very good

looks like you spend some time into it
maybe the face looks a little too glittery compared to the neck
that is all
everything else looks awesome
or maybe a necklace or something
an accessory maybe?

maxiekun
*^_^*

Old 01-02-2008, 02:48 AM

Looks nice.
The detail of the coloring is something I'm envious of.
I can't wait to see the final piece.

Kadrias
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-02-2008, 02:51 AM

@Chidori; Thank you very much! ^////^ I have spent quite a bit of time on it; working on and off. XD
Can you tell me what you mean by glittery? :3 You mean like the shines? I should probably add a small one to te neck.
Ahh, yes, he does indeed have a necklace, I'll be adding it once I colour his shirt, thank you! <3

@maxiekun; Detail? Ooh, thank you >///<
-bows- Hopefully I'll finish it by tomorrow!

edit;; Added another layer for the hair.. I messed around with different layer types and added more strands on the shines, I like how this looks. :3
Time for the shirt!

bride
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-02-2008, 06:42 PM

wow... i love the face, so pretty =] the characters and your shading is really... what can i say, beautiful! the white is a nice touch n 3n
i use oc 1.1 (free) ~ did yours cost? is it really good?
the hair is really nice, maybe add more strokes to make it more realistic and voluminous and add more depth with dark colours but obviously this is just a wip
the eyes are really nice, maybe add a hint of other colours?
alos the left shoulder seems kinda awkward, but maybe just because it is hidden by hair.
I cant wait to see it when it is finished: will you post it here?
all this c/c from me, who couldn't draw half as good XD

Kadrias
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-02-2008, 07:54 PM

Oh please, don't worry, I love c/c!! <333

4.03Plus didn't cost anything for me, but my brother sent me a .exe of the program, so I'm assuming he downloaded it somewhere.. I haven't really used any other programs, so I'm not sure how great it is, but I'm quite attached to it and it suits my purposes. ^^

Ahh, I see what you mean. I think I fixed my problem with the shines, but I could use some more dark strands as well. :]

Other colours? o: Have you any suggestions for that?
Ahah, it does, it tends to look like that when I do a cutoff bust like this. XD

I sure will! <3 This is the first time I've posted here and actually gotten some response, so I'll be sure to do so. XD

Thank you so very much for the in-depth response!! >////< -bow- <3333

bride
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-02-2008, 08:08 PM

no problem ^__^
as for the eyes, i mean make it more detailed because every thing reflects bits off other colours... for example, the picture as a whole has a red feeling, so add some warmer colours in the blue? also, most peoples ayes aren't just blue, or so i like to think~ they may be grey-blue or blue with yellow flicks or green-blue and it's really interesting =]]
does that make sense? XD

Kadrias
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-02-2008, 08:14 PM

Ahh, yes it does. XD Thanks for the tip! <3 I'll put on an extra addition layer and mess with some colours. :]

bride
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-02-2008, 08:15 PM

at the end, will everything be lineless or no?
also, do you do headshot freebies XDD -shot-
and if no, how much do you charge?
not that i can afford it anyway atm... *poor questor* DX

Kadrias
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-02-2008, 08:29 PM

Ahh, nah I usually keep my lines on.. I rely on them too much ;;
I can do you a sketchy one for free, but coloured ones take me a while xDD
Awh -patpat- Whatchoo questing for?

bride
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-02-2008, 08:45 PM

v-day pendant D:
aka, uber long quest for a poor lil newb like me XD
yay, being daring mebe is a good thing =3
could you do a sketchy of my avatar?
after i got the v-day item + carnival hairpin I think I will save up to buy art of my OC's and hopefully commission you then XD

Kadrias
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-02-2008, 09:21 PM

Ahh, I wish you luck! At least its still in the auctions, so you should be able to get it for a less than if you were to buy it in the exchange. :]
Sure~ I'll do it in a bit, I'm sleepy now.. and GH 10 + KHR 57 AND 58 were released, so I'm downloading those.. and it makes my comp slow. XD;;
Yay! XD I look forward to it~~

Ahh, and I messed around with the eyes, but it looks.. odd. ;0 I shall keep trying..

chibilady18
*^_^*

Old 01-02-2008, 09:33 PM

I love the colors of the skin shading! and the hair looks fantastic! I love the way the light looks in the hair.

-Poisonous Candy-
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-02-2008, 09:37 PM

It's a beautiful picture. I would suggest more layers to the hair and maybe some light tones, but it really is beautiful and I might have to commission you when I become more adept with this site.

Amiiu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-02-2008, 09:53 PM

I love your coloring skills and the shinyness, but to me, it looks like there is too much hair.

bride
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-02-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadrias
Ahh, I wish you luck! At least its still in the auctions, so you should be able to get it for a less than if you were to buy it in the exchange. :]
Sure~ I'll do it in a bit, I'm sleepy now.. and GH 10 + KHR 57 AND 58 were released, so I'm downloading those.. and it makes my comp slow. XD;;
Yay! XD I look forward to it~~

Ahh, and I messed around with the eyes, but it looks.. odd. ;0 I shall keep trying..
I will love it anyway, I'm sure =D

Kadrias
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-02-2008, 11:13 PM

@chibilady18; Uwaaah, thank you so much! >///< <333

@-Poisonous Candy-; More layers to the hair? o3o Thank you very much! -bow- Once I finish up some art I owe, I'll be opening a shop. :]

@Amiiu; Thank you! >w< Too much hair? xDD Could you please tell me what you mean by that? I'm a little confused.

@bride; Hehe, well I watched KHR and its all done and whatnot, I'll do that sketch now.. once I convince my cat that my lap is not the perfect place to sleep at this point in time..

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 01-03-2008, 12:11 AM

The hair looks gorgeous! ^_^.

Kadrias
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-03-2008, 01:20 AM

Thank you, Takuto! >3< <33

Here's an update, I've almost finished, mostly need to touch up the face and maybe add something to the back. :3 Oh, this isn't the most recent, I've fixed up the necklace, but I'm too lazy to save another .png right now. <<;;

Amiiu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-03-2008, 02:22 AM

Um...like, there's hair on your head, right? But it isn't like, an inch off of your head, but it kind of looks like that way in the picture. Did that make sense? ><

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 01-03-2008, 05:38 AM

Kadrias~ -hugs- =D

bride
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-03-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiiu
Um...like, there's hair on your head, right? But it isn't like, an inch off of your head, but it kind of looks like that way in the picture. Did that make sense? ><
I see what you mean now

i like the shading on the shirt very muchly, and the chain looks awesome <3

Kadrias
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-03-2008, 09:08 PM

@Amiiu; Kinda, I sort of see what you mean by it, just not in the picture itself. xD;; I guess I find it confusing since I've never really heard such a comment before. But if I draw his head in, theres not much excess hair, and hair doesn't stick right to your head, either, right? :3 It falls out and curls and whatnot, and it can be really thick as well. x3 Oh well, I guess I just draw fluffy hair? xDD

@Mei-Mei; squee! *tacklehugs* <333

@bride; Thanks! <3 I've actually fixed up that chain and added a black chord necklace under it~~ :3

And, its done, for whoever may want to see~~ xD I've put it on deviantART, right here~! :3

rainbow disfunction
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-03-2008, 09:11 PM

oh my. your ark work is amazing.

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 01-03-2008, 10:30 PM

How are you? =3
Lovely art! =D