The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 05-19-2014, 11:26 AM

Ah.... the downside of the location....

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 07-16-2014, 09:45 AM

So I realise its been a FUCKING long time since I updated this thing! So much has happened I cant even remember some of it!

Heres what I do remember:

I got 2 new couches. A 4 seater cream looking thing that is SOOOOPAH comfy and a brown L-shaped one thats not as comfy as I'd like. Thankfully that one smells less like cigarettes than it used to. Other one is brilliant. I can lay down on it and not touch either end when stretching! BEST. COUCH. EVER!

Umm, I did a road trip with my new tattooist out into the country to check out an abandoned flavoured milk factory... its not so abandoned. Turns out its a wine bottling plant now. Was good fun though. Ended up getting hold of a cow skull that I can use to try some scrimshaw (bone carving) on, which should be a lot of fun.

I went to Sydney a couple weeks ago to see the Game of Thrones exhibit while it was there. Found out that during the week there was a 5hr wait to get into the place, so on the weekend it was going to be a fucking nightmare. Decided fuck that shit and spent time with a friend down there instead. Said friend also came up to my place the weekend prior too and introduced me to the most amazing combination of foods too! Ice cream and sweet chilli sauce! Its fantasmagorical on vanilla ice cream, and great on either chocolate or strawberry, cant remember?

Last weekend I helped my best mate building his new shed with a couple of other mates, and then we all went up to his farm for Boys Weekend and his bday for drinking and shenanigans. We also made a new fire box that we took up with us. It works REALLY well so we're very happy with it! We did make it fucking solid though. Like, overkill solid. I ended up getting fucking munted too. An entire bottle of rum to myself, and I remember 3 drinks, the last of which I think was about 60/40 rum:coke mix. I didnt believe it, but there was video evidence that I actually DID do a streak during the night... Dont remember it, but its certainly me running around in boots and undies in what we're pretty sure were negative temperatures (*C) which explains why I've got a cold now. Apparently I was also diving in and out of the paddock bashers windows rather than using the doors. The paddock basher is a jacked up 60's series Toyota Land Cruiser, so not a small vehicle by any stretch of the imagination. The boys also told me that I went "Dukes of Hazzard" over the bonnet as I called it, which consisted not so much of sliding across the bonnet on my ass, as it did making it half way on my stomach, pulling myself the rest of the way, and face planting off the other side. My second attempt was on an up hill slope and apparently I threw myself on it, fell off, and that was that. There was other stuff we did, but I'm not posting that online as its less than legal and no one needs to get in trouble for that.

In other news, the RMS (vehicle registration authority in Aus) fucked up sending my registration renewal letter. I only found out the day before it was due to run out. I took yesterday off work to get that all sorted out, but the actual registration process hasnt been done until tonight, so heres hoping that I dont get any fines for driving around unregistered!

Now, I think its time I STFU and go get dinner then go to sleep!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-18-2014, 03:51 AM

I found some footage of droopy helping with all that building.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 07-18-2014, 07:01 AM

What? Isnt that how everyone does it?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-18-2014, 08:23 AM

I don't know, when I do it it's more like

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 07-18-2014, 09:11 AM

Hahahaha! Nice one!

I think this is more my style though:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-19-2014, 04:27 AM

That's how I put things together as a kid! Now I go "hey, this doesn't fit... oh well, I give up, bye."

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 07-19-2014, 11:25 PM

I was always the kid that 'modified' the part A that needed to go into socket B because it didnt quite fit right... only to find I was holding part F instead of part A, and now the whole thing was going to be weird because the main part was borked!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 07-29-2014, 03:54 AM

Bwahahahaha... the stuff you get up to Drop Bear is hilarious.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 07-29-2014, 06:41 AM

glad it amuses you so much LingLing! ^_^

Lets see, since last time I posted, I've bought myself a new picture that a friend has drawn. This makes two of her pieces I've bought to date.

I've also started making a basic studio in the largest of my spare rooms too. Im looking forward to getting my hands dirty with the creative stuffs again! I wont be fabricating or spray painting/air brushing in there though, as its a room in the house. IF I get power to the shed (probably not) then I'll be doing all that stuff in there instead. I'll at least be able to do some sculpting, painting, drawing and some of the really minor fabrication stuff in the studio though. Im looking forward to that!

I've also started applying for new jobs. Not that theres anything wrong with my current job at all, I fucking love it and today was a perfect example, which I'll explain later. But that job has limited options for unskilled workers, and I've been wanting to get a trade for a while now. I've decided that I want to be a fitter machinist, or I'd settle for a plant mechanic even, because with a certified welders qualification too, they can make REALLY good money. So yeah, as much as I love my job, it doesnt give me any skills really, so its time to start putting in because now is when companies are looking for apprentices for next year.

As for today, today was great. A bit of car washing, plenty of driving around. I've discovered we actually send some of our off site work to a mates fathers business, so I have a chat to him the rare times I'm in there! I had to take a part in to there this morning actually, and as I was re-entering the site, the boss called me asking where I was. He was annoyed I'd gotten back so quick because he was hoping that I'd still be in town and could get him some lunch! They'd finished work on the part just after lunch though so back into town I went, and sure enough, after joking that I'd have to get some KFC for him on the way back, he actually told me to and gave me some cash and an order hahaha! So, for the first time ever, I've technically been paid to go to a fast food place to get a feed! Its things like that that make me love my job!

In other news, I should be ordering new glasses on thursday. I did recently get some new prescription ones, but they were darkened sunglasses lenses. I need clear ones for night driving and such. And on thursday, I'll be putting the new stereo in my car too! Pics of that to come, so stay tuned kids!

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 08-01-2014, 01:01 PM

OK, so the last post was done on monday or tuesday night. Since then, the week has been a rollercoaster!

Tuesday night late, I got a text message from a boss telling me not to go to work wednesday, but instead there was a meeting at one of the workshops. This didnt bode well as far as I was concerned, but since we have negotiations underway for our workplace contract, I thought it may have been due to this. So after confirming that everyone got the message, not just me and another guy I thought it might have applied to, I got hold of the union representative we've got for our negotiations to see if he was aware of anything. Once that was all sorted it was off to bed for a nice sleep in.

Next morning, off to the workshop as instructed, and met most of the other boys there. After talking about options for what we thought was going on, we figured it was to do with the sale of the company.

Turns out the actual situation was that the company that owned ours had gone belly up. The day before their trading on the stock market had been frozen. As a result of their potentially going into liquidation, we were going down with their sinking ship. They'd called us all in there last night, to give us termination letters that morning. But at the 11th hour (read wednesday morning early) the investors of the parent company poured some more funds into it, which meant that we survived and had a job for a while longer at least. This means that the sale of our company can proceed and we wont lose any jobs.

Now, that was the extreme downside. I faced losing my job that morning.

The upside was that they told us we'd be paid for the day. So a few of us went to the pub for a beer and a couple games of pool, which meant that technically we were getting paid to do that!

So that was an extremely high point in my entire working career!

The rest of the week has been pretty good, busy work days but i prefer busy over standing around.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 08-04-2014, 08:16 AM

Well fuck me sideways with a cactus if the story of the 'not-belly-up belly up company' doesnt continue today!

Just after lunch, we found out that the company had gone into liquidation. Not rumour, but confirmed fact. Im guessing we're not getting paid for last week now. On top of that, theyre moving the contract to another company, and tomorrow afternoon, all of us have to go and reapply for our own jobs in an interview.

No guarantee that we'll get them, and if we do, the positions are 100% casual, no permanent positions. FUCKING BALLS!

Seems we're all applying for the jobs, and looking for something else as soon as we can get out!

For me, I think it looks like I'll be moving inland to an area that seems to be a good place to be at the moment for work. Hopefully something pops up there.

After all the shit thats gone on the last fortnight, right now, I feel like a combination of these two:

Last edited by Drop Bear; 08-04-2014 at 08:22 AM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-05-2014, 05:46 AM

Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. Best of luck finding a good job with a more stable company!

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 08-07-2014, 08:26 AM

Cheers Cherry!

Theres an update today. I got my letter of offer, so my job is official now. I got a pay rise of $6 an hour which sounds fucking amazing, until you realise that theyre not giving us many hours now, so any overtime or anything like that which I was getting, is now gone.

And so, at the end of the week, I'm now worse off than I was before, based on the current shituation.

New jobs are being applied for pronto! Infact, back to it! *dashes off*

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-07-2014, 08:27 AM

Ugh. Well, I'm glad you at least have some work for this interrim period. Certainly better than losing the job entirely!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 08-10-2014, 07:19 AM

Damn...sorry to hear that Drop Bear, good luck with the job hunt!

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 08-11-2014, 07:53 AM

Well, its now Monday, and today has been a stark counterpoint to last week already.

I put in for an apprenticeship in a remote part of another state last week. Applications for the position are still open for the rest of the month, and they called me today for a phone interview! THAT is a damned good sign. I've got aptitude testing to do now, and then we'll see how I go from there.

If I get this job, I'll be moving away for a minimum of 4 years to get a trade. But its an incredible opportunity and hopefully really good money to be on too, despite the remote location!

I repeat again, this year is MY year! I'm fucking stepping up this year!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-11-2014, 09:27 PM

Woohoo! Happy for you!!

So does that mean you would have to move out of the house you just got?

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 08-14-2014, 07:26 AM

Yeah, and the state I live in. To move (according to google maps) 25hrs away in Queensland, the state above New South Wales where I am now. Or its a 6.5hr flight, but I think I'd struggle to get all my stuff on the plane

Dont get me wrong, if I get that job, I'm more than happy to move up there... but I'd rather have something here where its amidst everyone I know sorta thing.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-14-2014, 07:29 AM

QLD is where all the cool people live.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 08-15-2014, 05:29 AM

I dunno about that, you Canadians are a bit funny...

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-20-2014, 03:23 AM

Ya sure? You southerners come up here and go to our waterparks in the middle of winter!

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 08-20-2014, 06:28 AM

Yeah, you're all a bunch of sissies hahaha!

In other news, I did my aptitude testing last night. That shit was actually pretty hard when it came to the spatial perception stuff! But, two hours later, and it was all over. Now, hopefully, I hear back from them!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-21-2014, 12:19 AM

Fingers crossed for you!

Side note, neat avi.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 08-24-2014, 02:17 AM

Cheers Cherry! Hey, you're not a Mod any more? Am I just extremely unobservant, or is this a new thing?

So, theres a hook up app thats getting pretty popular here called 'tinder'. I went to a party at a mates place last night where a few of us were on it so we were joking around about messing up bad pick up lines this morning, and using them on people on tinder do see what would happen. One of the women I'm matched with has an awesome sense of humour!

(Bad pickup line: Are you a speeding ticket? Because you've got Fine written all over you!)

ME: You iz fine.
ME: Speeding ticket.
HER: Are your parents beavers? Because DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN boy!

(Bad pickup line: Did you fall from heaven, because you look like an angel!)

ME: Did you fall from heaven?
ME: Because ow.
HER: That shirt is very becoming on you. But then again, if I was on you, I'd be coming too!

Had us all in stitches, absolutely made my morning! Apparently her favourite is "Do you like dragons? Because I'm gonna be dragon my balls across your face later!"

Gotta love a woman with a dirty mind and a sense of humour to compliment it!