NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 08-11-2013, 04:20 AM

Hey guys, please do not post in this thread, as it is solely for my story, but feel free to read along and comment/ask questions through PM. Thank you all and I hope you enjoy the story~

Chapter One: A Journey Begins

Aeon woke up at his usual time, his black hair messy from his sleep and his dark brown eyes blurry. He sat and stretched, yawning widely and leaving his bed. He pulled on his clothes and his hat, before leaving his room upstairs to look for his bag. Today he was going to go next door and help Professor Elm, the local Pokemon researcher.

His mother was at the table, eating her breakfast and listening to the radio. She grinned at him as he joined her, helping himself to some toast that she had made for him. "Ready for today?" she asked him, handing him his bag that had been under the table. "Professor Elm needs you to do a task for him." Aeon nodded, checking that everything was in his bag. His Pokegear was still at the store, having been broken when he had accidentally dropped it.

He finished his breakfast and left his house, walking across to the next door neighbour's lab. Before he entered, he noticed a strange red-haired boy looking through the window and muttering to himself. "... So this is the famous Elm Pokemon Lab..." The stranger notices your reflection and turns, giving you an evil glare. "What are you staring at?"

Aeon quickly looked away and entered the Lab, the familiar sterile scent making him feel at home. He often helped Professor Elm in his research, taking notes in the field or looking after abandoned Pokemon. He had always wanted a Pokemon of his own, but he wasn't sure how to start. Poke Balls were usually brought in stores, but you had to battle a Pokemon to weaken it first, else it could break out of the Ball.

He found the Professor sitting at his desk, typing on his computer. Elm glanced up when he heard someone approaching and beamed widely, getting out of his chair. "Hi, Aeon! I've been waiting for you!" He gave Aeon a firm handshake, as though they were meeting for the first time. Aeon smiled, holding back a chuckle.

"Hello Professor, what is it that you need help with today?" Aeon asked him, adjusting his bag on his shoulders.

"Aeon, you know about my research, right? Well, as you know, Pokemon are carried in Poke Balls these days. But before the Poke Ball was invented, people used to walk with Pokemon. Just like your friend Lyra does!"

Aeon thought about the white-hat-wearing girl and smiled. Her and her Marill were constantly playing together in the town, and he often joined in. He was slightly jealous of her, wishing that he could have a Pokemon of his own.

"Poke Balls are great because you can carry many Pokemon. But walking with Pokemon must have some advantages... It could have something to do with how Pokemon grow or evolve... So I am going to give you a Pokemon!" Professor Elm continued to beam at Aeon, as the boy's heart leapt. Give him a Pokemon? Really?

"Can you walk beside this Pokemon, outside of its Poke Ball, to see if this brings any special feelings or bonds between Pokemon and people? The device over there has some Pokemon you could choose from..." The Professor gestured towards a strange table-top that had a computer screen attached to it. Aeon peered over at the screen, noticing that inside the three Poke Balls was a blue crocodile, a green quadruped with a leaf on its head and a small mouse-like creature with a long snout and flames shooting from its back.

"Oh, hey!" Professor Elm exclaimed suddenly, making Aeon start and look away from the Pokemon. The Professor was distracted by his computer, which had just made a beeping noise. "I got an email!" He leant over the computer as he read with intense concentration. He finally finished reading and took his glasses off to rub his eyes. "Hey, listen. I have this acquaintance that people call Mr Pokemon. He keeps finding weird things and raving about his discoveries..." He placed his glasses back on and studied Aeon critically. "Anyway, I just got an email from him saying that this time it's real. It's probably another Pokemon Egg, but we're still so busy with our Pokemon research... Wait! I know! You can go in our place, right? Can we count on you? You can choose one of the Pokemon over there."

Aeon grinned and thanked the Professor, nodding at his request. He went to the table and looked hard at the Pokemon presented on the screen. It seemed he had to choose between water, grass or fire types... Before he could choose, one of the Poke Balls glowed and rocked, spitting out the contents on the ground in front of him. The blue bipedal crocodile smiled widely, staring up at Aeon. "TOTO!" it cried, dancing on its feet.

"Ah, not again... Been having problems with that one," Professor Elm frowned, watching the Totodile dance around Aeon. "So, do you want Totodile, the water-type Pokemon?"

Aeon chuckled at the Totodile and nodded. The Totodile grinned and danced more, seeming happy that it had been chosen. Aeon went over to the Professor and the Totodile followed, almost skipping along behind him.

"How do you like walking with your Pokemon? It's not bad, is it? You can take it all the way to Mr Pokemon's house. If your Totodile gets injured... You should heal it at a Pokemon Center."

"Mr Pokemon goes everywhere and finds rarities. His house is past Cherrygrove City. Go north a little past Cherrygrove. I'm counting on you Aeon!" The Professor nodded and went back to his work at his computer. Aeon turned, looking down at his new partner and friend.

"OK then Toto, are you ready for a little trip?" he asked the Totodile. It grinned and nodded, dancing on the spot once again while crying out "Toto". It seemed to like its nickname.

Aeon grinned, feeling excited to be able to have his own Pokemon. Maybe now he could become a Pokemon Trainer. Though, first he needed to do Professor Elm's errand. Cherrygrove was a small city. Aeon had been there a few times with his mother, avoiding long grass so they weren't jumped by any vicious wild Pokemon. But now he could go there by himself and battle his newly required Totodile. He turned to leave the Lab, being stopped by one of the assistants; a nerdy looking man with a hesitant voice.

"Aeon, I want you to have these to help you with your task," the man said, handing Aeon some purple and white bottles. Aeon took them with a thanks and put them in his bag. "Pokemon are weak in the beginning. Don't hesitate to use a Potion if you think yours is in danger."

Toto growled, seeming offended at being called weak. It charged at the assistant and bite his leg playfully. The nerdy man cried out in shock and pain. Aeon grabbed the Totodile, pulling it off the assistant. "Ah! S-sorry!" he apologised, dragging the Pokemon out of the Lab. "Why'd you do that, Toto?" he scolded the Pokemon, who now looked sad. "You can't just be biting people like that!"

"Aeon!" a female voice made him glance up from the Totodile. He smiled as his childhood friend, Lyra, approached him. Her Marill followed behind her, stopping and hiding shyly behind her legs as it regarded Totodile. "So you picked... A Totodile! That's a cute Pokemon you have!" She bent slightly, carefully petting Toto's scaly head. Marill waved from behind Lyra's legs.

"When you walk with it, it'll become more friendly. You should talk to it sometimes, too. Oh, that's right! Why don't you show it to your mum?" She nodded and looked down at her Marill, who was still watching Toto closely. "Well, see ya later!" She then turned to race off towards her house. Marill stayed, walking closer and hugging Totodile, who seemed to blush. Lyra's Pokemon then giggled and ran off after her.

"Well, well, looks like someone has an admirer," Aeon said. Toto danced on the spot, and sounded like it was singing. "Come on, I want you to meet my mum."

Last edited by NekoLen; 08-12-2013 at 12:41 AM..