Drexy4ever
Don't start nothin', won't be no...

Old 04-06-2012, 11:33 AM

No one knows how it started. Not the scientists, not the government, not anyone. All we do know is that we woke up one day, and zombies, also known as the walking dead, were among us on Earth trying to eat our faces off. We also know that the only way to kill them is to get them in the heads, and that the only places that they are not are in specific safe houses located over the US. Some cities are overrun, some are barely functioning. How will we stay alive in this post-apocalyptic world?

Rules:
Post at least two good paragraphs or one largely sized one. A paragraph is 5 sentences in my world, and a large one is 8.
No god-modding.
If you won't be on, PM me and tell me or post it somewhere on your post.
Try and keep your storyline realistic. You can't evade danger at all times. That's not fun. Just try and have one near-death experience in at least one post a week.
If you want to kill someone, you have to ask them first.

Skells:
Alright, here is what to be included in your skeleton which you will send to me under the title "Zombies Were People Too". Some skells will be declined. Just know that from the get-go. And even though (currently) this post is under construction, you can begin to send me your skells now so I can begin posting them.

Name:
Description of Appearance or Picture:
Post Colour and Font:

Last edited by Drexy4ever; 04-09-2012 at 10:57 PM..

Drexy4ever

Old 04-09-2012, 10:50 PM

~Accepted Profiles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexy4ever
Name: Kiv Holiday

Bio: Kiv had a very plain life before the outbreak. She worked as a manager at a local clothing store, she had occasional boyfriends and breakups. The most exciting thing she ever really got to do was read funny emails from the few friends that she had. And then, the first infection was reported on the news. Then the second, and soon, there were no other survivors in the area. None that she knew of, at least.

Kiv isn't a real rough person, and the only reason she's alive now is because of her stealth. She can't fight very well, and she barely knows how to shoot a gun. Kiv loves to fantasize about things. Things like love stories, or places where she could do every day things. Sometimes she likes to just think about water, or flying in the air, or old TV shows that she used to watch. She's a very nostalgic person.

People constantly want to label Kiv as a "dumb blonde" because of the fact that she is constantly daydreaming, and because her hair is naturally platinum blonde, but it isn't true. She's always been pretty book-smart. Not good with math, but she's always been lyrically gifted and very good at writing and reading. She's a very logical girl, and is good at rationing, problem-solving, and planning. But even though she's smart, it doesn't mean that she's very uptight. She's actually kind of opinionated, and stubborn, too.

Post Colour and Font: Century Gothic in Hot Pink
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX
Name: Miranda "Milo" Simmons

Age: 25, as of her last celebrated birth upon the day of June 7th

Bio: Milo started college early in hopes to become a successful surgeon, not that that really matters any longer. She's been a surgeon for over three years now, up until the outbreak started--she's definitely into saving those that can be saved by sheer nature and instinct. The kicker is she wears a Ghillie Suit that has been sprayed with superhydrophobic spray.

With that she carries various tools and surprising only a couple of weapons ((multi-purpose demolition hammer, rechargeable stun gun, zombie slingshot with hammer, and a revolver)).

Resources such as: vinegar, medical kit, bleach, a few unopened tooth brushes, utility knife, fire starter, extra clothing sprayed with superhydrophobic spray, an extra pair of goggles, few tubes of tooth paste w/ bags of baking soda, small ultrasound device, extra superhydrophobic spray, whet stone, medium sized solar panel w/ equipment, non-perishable food (the military stuff), three gallons of water, rechargeable flashlight w/ extra bulbs, an extra pair of boots, gorilla glue, medical book, and a length of chain with a lock.

You would be surprised at all the things she knows, building up and compiling the knowledge over years of preparation and all the crazy zombie site she found. Not to mention she's not bat-shit crazy, just incredibly smart and extremely prepared--and rather nice too. She come to be a wonderful shoulder to cry on and a person with great advice.

Likes, Dislikes, ETC: She likes playing hide and seek, though she can only laugh hysterically after she's in a completely secured facility.

She dislikes standing or running (due to asthma also) for long periods of time (due to being flat footed), ignorance, having to overly advise anything, thieves, and liars.

Post Colour and Font: Bolded Dark Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriemedesan
Name: William T. Murnane

Description of Appearance or Picture: 5’10”, built like a blocky bull, pale enough to reflect light like a funhouse mirror, golden blond hair with touches of strawberry and a fiery orange beard, sky-blue eyes, large skull, heavy brow, broad forehead, straight nose, pouty lips, nails bitten to the quip, stretch marks from previous weight before outbreak

Bio: Country-folks background with poor initial life in the city as a child, before his parents moved. Took to that lifestyle more comfortably, but still remained shy from previous experiences and an overbearing, older sister, the typical gentle giant. He has a funny bone, but many times his execution falls short from lack of conversational skills, resulting in jokes against him or a magnified response when he delivers perfectly. He speaks slowly and is very passive aggressive, including hiding things, avoiding answers and just going silent. He can be absolutely, but quietly, stubborn on things and too easily can crawl back into his shell. He is very protective of his family and other people, to the point of putting them above his own life.

His hobbies included historical and weapon-based information, including fighting styles. In an effort to lose weight, he actually chose a Chinese wrestling style to work it off. He owns a couple of swords and a gun, but he is great hand-to-hand because of his body-shape. However, he is also very clumsy and, again with his natural build, can hurt people on accident. He also tends to go into shock when someone is screaming at him and is not able to fully comprehend what to do, or at least not quickly. He has also displayed signs of intense anger that overwhelm other people, but they really, really have to push him.

He has worked in warehouses before, but ended up working as a security guard-slash-cleaner at a local hospital for the terminally ill, the very one his grandfather was sent to. He saw firsthand a lot of mistakes that included a staph infection in his father when he did not properly clean up biological waste and eventually the transformation of his own family when his granddad had been sent to the worst hospital in the area because of overcrowding. As a result, he ended up in a bed of piss from an infected character, which took advantage of his health and transformed him. However, this was not before he was sent home, where he killed his wife and oldest daughter. Seeing the gentlest, loving man in his life, one who he actually took after in looks, mentally scarred him and he is unwilling to be that, zombie or not.

Post Colour and Font: Underlined Book Antiqua Rich Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriemedesan
Name: Jan Schuler

Description of Appearance or Picture: Androgynous to the point that he fools even anthropologists and artists alike, though he is not through puberty yet. He has dark blue, saucer-like eyes, whenever he opens them wide enough, of course. Most of the time he smiles and it reaches all the way to his eyes. He has thin, but malleable lips, a perky nose, a fine jawbone and a smooth brow. He is stretched from growth, willowy, but his older brother has a good set of shoulders and is well above average height, as is his father. While light-skinned, he is very good at tanning, unlike William.

Bio: Not much yet, just high school. He is friendly, talkative, playful, funny and very flirtatious with the girls. He is a goofball, but very strategic and able to think well outside the box. He is genuinely innocent about many things, but eager to learn. He is looked down on because of his behavior and treated like a child, especially by certain, arrogant individuals, but he shines when thinking on his feet. To pass the time whenever they are pinned down or unable to do other things, he plays games against himself with these instructions: forge plans, make moves, forget plans, switch sides and repeat.

Jan is very curious and picks up things easily, though he does not try to understand anything deep. He loves reading, especially romance books, though he hides that away. He is an optimist. He already had issues with guys asking him out, but now his father and brother are extra protective because of the craziness of people. While they prepared for this, among other disasters, he always lived in the moment. While it may have killed him to begin with, he actually keeps people sane, if not by his attitude then by his willingness to help, so he does his part.

He loves technology and gathers information all the time from abandoned computers, where he compiles it together. He uses local radio stations to send out messages until they run out of power or until they leave the area, changing the message or leaving signs to direct people to their travels. He and William, though having no relation except for being Floridians, met up along with their families on their way to escape the population dense areas. William’s family had managed to secure several warehouses along the same road, somewhat away from populations. Not knowing the area, they follow the locals’ leads, including the radio stations about down. However, William, along with several others, know how few people are in the Midwest, so they plan to go there.

Post Colour and Font: Times New Roman Purple

Last edited by Drexy4ever; 04-13-2012 at 12:35 AM..

Drexy4ever

Old 04-25-2012, 08:30 PM

(XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX:
Kriemedesan:
We're starting now! I hope you guys are ready! Don't forget to subscribe.)

Kiv looked at her surroundings. The rooftop was splattered with brown blood spots, and small droplets from the previous drizzle. She could feel the humidity on her skin, and knew that if she didn't find shelter soon, she'd be soaked. Kiv wandered around in a circle thinking about what she was going to do. If she were to stay in the rain, her clothes would become too heavy to fight in, and if she were to go inside the building, she'd be attacked once again by the horde that she'd just previously fought through.

Kiv felt a fat raindrop land on her pert nose. She looked up to see a ginormous charcoal raincloud above her head. Panicking, Kiv looked over the edge of the building to see if there were any umbrellas on the ground, but of course, she found none. Kiv scolded herself for thinking she'd find one, and decided to try looking for an escape route out of the city instead of something to keep her dry. Although she was on one of the tallest skyscrapers of Chicago, she saw none. The other buildings blocked her way. The only seeable road was the one that lead to the Field Museum, and going anywhere near there would be stupid.

Ever since the very first outbreak, the mayor had decided that the Field Museum would become the safe center for people in the city if the disease reached Chicago. Well, eventually, it had reached Chicago, and the first place everyone decided to go was to the museum. Even people who were already infected. Soon, everyone in the place had gotten it. All of the seven-hundred and something people who'd taken refuge there. And they were still there, wandering around inside waiting for prey, their decayed bodies slowly rotting more and more and their continuous growls audible through the city. Yeah, going anywhere near there would be a bad move.

Kiv looked around again wondering what she'd do when she came across the fire escape. She could definitely get down that way and maybe try to make her way through the alleys till she made it out of town, but would she run across a horde? The ground below looked pretty bare and vacant. Kiv took a breath, glancing at the clouds and not knowing what to do.

Last edited by Drexy4ever; 05-08-2012 at 01:51 AM..

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX
Forever Questioning the Unknown

Old 04-25-2012, 11:22 PM

Milo woke up from the nap she was taking one of the alley's nearest the Trump International Hotel and Tower. She knew she would need to get in there eventually for the chlorine they had in their supply closets. Not to mention the large quantities of water just waiting to be used. It would be an ideal place to hold up, she got up tired and slowly made her way to the fire escape. Thinking it through and monitoring the roads and remaining stretches of alley nearby--they were clear for once, thankfully.

She pulled down the escape, which came down gently then ascending it once on the first level she carefully pulled is up. After which she locked and chained it in place, then continuing on wards. Knowing that they were doing renovations before the out break she hadn't seen a single broken pane of glass anywhere which was absolutely fantastic. As she continued upwards, she clinched her fists her legs had already decided to start giving her a fit.

Hopefully, I run into an uninfected being soon--it would be rather nice. I also need to take a trip to one of the army surplus stores that I located on the outskirts of town. The one my uncle run's--that crazy bastard is sure to still be alive and kicking. The dead-heads wouldn't keep him down for long, not to mention he never let his army training go to waste. From the last time I saw of him--we sparred and I couldn't get close to him. Damn it he better be alive, he's the only blood I've probably go left, Milo thought tiredly as she was making it up her fourth flight of stairs.

Kriemedesan
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 AM

__________________________________________________ _________
How do I subscribe and where is the story taking place (if a real place)?

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 04-27-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriemedesan View Post
How do I subscribe and where is the story taking place (if a real place)?
((Answered.))

Kriemedesan
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX View Post
((We're in Chicago, Illinois))
((Because of this, I had to rethink my start. I have an idea, but I am looking for a certain point to post. Do not feel the need to provide it. I will be reading and waiting for what I think will be the best point. I am waiting for your persons to at least meet and once so far into their chat, if they do either or both, I will post a part. The only thing I can think of is something dramatic and seems like a cheap move from me to just jump into it without allowing the dust to settle. Is that okay?))

Last edited by Kriemedesan; 04-28-2012 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: spelling

Drexy4ever

Old 05-04-2012, 03:55 AM

Kiv heard a creaking sound coming from below her and instinctively pulled out her jackknife. Walking carefully back over to the side of the building containing the fire escape and looked down, surprised to see someone who appeared to be living pulling down the fire escape. Kiv excitedly smiled and began to walk down it, talking to the fellow survivor as she went.

Kiv met the girl in the middle of the stairs, happy to see her. The woman seemed kind of groggy, and she looked as if she'd either just woken up or if she'd been in a losing fight with a blowdryer. Kiv put it aside and stuck out her hand for the girl to shake. "Hello. I'm Kiv." she said, formally. Pushing a strand of blond hair out of her eyes, she continued. "Are you trying to get into this building? I'll tell you right now that it's infested." she babbled. Kiv felt her heart begin beating fast in her chest. Being in the presence of another human was as rare to her as going somewhere without seeing at least one zombie. Kiv looked giddily into the girl's eyes with excitement, wanting to smile but unsure if she should.

Kiv felt the stairway shake gently as lightning struck somewhere down the road. Soon after, rain began to fall, making Kiv antsy. Even though rain seemed to make the zeds fall apart, it still was an inconvenience. Still having no form of shelter, Kiv put her hands above her head to keep her hair dry. Kiv bit her lip, not ready to bolt and leave the fellow survivor but wanting to get out of the rain.

Last edited by Drexy4ever; 05-08-2012 at 01:51 AM..

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 05-04-2012, 07:16 PM

"Well, damn, I guess the idea of a decent sleep and fresh water is out of the option. I'm Milo, nice to meet you, Kiv," Milo grinned as she pulled the hood away from her Ghillie Suit, then shaking Kiv's hand. "You wouldn't happen to have a Vicodin or Ibuprofen 800 on you, would you? I know pain pills are sparse, but I've got flat feet. I also must tell you, I'm asthmatic. I'm extremely useful--I was a surgeon, I still am. I kept my tools and I've got a large medics kit on hand. I also know how to purify water, with both an ultrasound and bleach. I came here to get a hold of some of the housekeeping supplies and a couple jugs of water. I'm sure you wouldn't mind a bit of water either. That or we can head into one of the local apartment buildings, there's a couple near by. Where are you headed? I myself am headed towards the outskirts of town, my Uncle owns a large army surplus store."

Milo added as she adjusted her pack, "Any who, I can help you camouflage a bit--you stick out like a sore thumb. If I had a spare Ghillie suit I would give it to you. There's a few army surplus around, though breaking into them is a bad idea. We could try knocking or their fire escapes. I came from a Military family, I myself am not, but I was kept in the loop. Scientific developments and such, though if you try any funny business--I do have a stun gun. I really don't wants to have to use it because that would mean having to charge it again. I'll unlock the fire escape, so we can get down as soon as we sort everything out. I wouldn't want to see you go in the wrong direction, god knows the dead heads have started to get a bit smarter."

Last edited by XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX; 05-04-2012 at 07:19 PM..

Kriemedesan
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-05-2012, 11:43 PM

Interrupting their introduction, the “Hey!” of a young boy’s voice shrieked from across the street on a sidewalk from the alleyway. The rain made it difficult to see and muffled the sound, but he ran closer in the blink of an eye. Skidding beneath the ladder and catching himself with a nearbydumpster, he called out again through the metal of the fire-escape, “Hey, are you alive?” The pitter-patter of water around them and its tinkle on the rusted iron still stifled his words, not that he should have been screaming anyway. He attracted the attention of several unwanted spectators already from before he crossed the road. They were stumbling toward the noise out of sight, but on their way.
He climbed atop the trash and leapt, catching the bottom and swinging off onto his bum. With a curse to the rain, he tried again. This time, he got several higher and, when he slid down, he managed to catch one, using that to drag himself up. Flipping a leg over the rail, he started up the stairs, glancing up every now and again to make sure they were still there.
For what the women could see, the crisscross of the fire-escape hid his image, but they could make out his distinct movements by how the colors shifted through the holes of their platform’s floors. He slipped several times, but was in such a hurry that he picked himself up in an instant. His rush was easily explained by how he continued to shout for them, terrified that they would depart without him and he would lose them. His quick scurrying got him halfway up in no time at all, but he stopped and leaned onto the railing so that they could see he was no threat. Really, he looked pathetic; like a wet dog, those sunny strands clung to his lightly tanned skin with two saucer-sized, dark blue eyes staring widely at them beneath straight, thin eyebrows. While they were not arched very much, they were high on a smooth brow, enlarging his eyes.
Due to the shady clouds and curtain of rain, his coloring dulled, but they could make out his blond hair. He raised a hand so that his palm and slender fingers blocked the hard drops from hitting him, putting more weight on the banister. They saw through the digits a narrow nose framed by high cheekbones and the smooth lines of his jaw coming together to a tiny chin.
He wore tight brown pants and a slightly baggy, tarnished yellow shirt. The limbs that extended out of them were that of a dancer’s; what was once featureless now was lean and muscled, which just seemed to emphasize how little fat he had on him, the rises having to eventually dip back to what seemed like his very bones. The clothes stuck to him and brought out more of that willowy shape, saved only by tone that came from being on his own. He just barely won out over androgyny overall.
“I do not have any weapons,” he swore and then corrected himself. “Well, I have a crossbow, slingshot, a handgun and some knives, but I ain’t going to use them.” He was from the south, but it was faint and only that word gave him away. “My name is Brian. I lost my people and I am trying to get back to them. Are you heading to New Hampshire or Wyoming?”
A few corpses huddled around beneath him, a couple reaching up longingly like nauseating fangirls. He glimpsed down only at their moans, but he was too eager to meet the living than to care about the dead. “I am harmless. I just need help and I can help out, too. Can I come up?” He realized there were two of them, but they were both girls, so he did not want to alarm.
He was trying his hardest to make a good first impression. Unfortunately, his weight, however slight from lack of food, caused the bar to give way and swing outwards. He gave a yelp as his center of balance went backwards, but he swung forward enough to catch the side railing and floor, dangling and eyes all the wider. More arms reached up, but he was too high and scrambling to crawl back onto the escape. It turned out to be more useful against zombies than fires, but it was so slick and small that it was strenuous to swing a leg up. He pulled himself up several times before dropping back into his stuck position, exhausted and clutching for dear life.
Still in the clear, he calmed himself just enough to force himself in a roll to safety, lying flat and tired. Groaning, he rolled and started up slowly, before his enthusiasm got the better of him again. He jumped up several cases and came to a halt as he spotted them above, stunned in worry of what they were thinking to do. He had no idea what they were like or how long they had known each other, but he knew he had not helped their predicament.

Last edited by Kriemedesan; 05-07-2012 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: ladder

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 05-07-2012, 01:29 AM

((I hate to be a total nark, but the ladder is pulled up and locked. Attached link is a rough estimation of how far it is form the ground. Unless you have superpower's you're not up on the fire escape and neither is the zombie. Those zombies would have to form a human ladder to get up--even then it's still pretty impossible. Link to chacha question and answer.))

Last edited by XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX; 05-07-2012 at 01:31 AM..

Kriemedesan
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-07-2012, 10:01 AM

((No, my fault. I missed that. I will edit.

There we go, though the link would not work for me and I could not locate, but I am assuming that the bottom floor of the fire escape is at the second floor level. I hope dumpster is okay.))

Last edited by Kriemedesan; 05-07-2012 at 10:28 AM..

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 05-07-2012, 11:24 AM

((My link crapped out, but the Dumpster will do, I'm done narking for now--I guess :P You made made an effort--GOLD STAR FOR YOU ;3))

"Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in, a man. I thought they had all become zombies," Milo spoke softly--not intending to say it out loud, as she was still rather half asleep. "At least this one is intelligent enough to ask for help, unlike the other ones I've come across. They thought they didn't need any and thought they were stealthy and smart. Were they dead wrong--quite interesting to watch them try though."

"We're more than alive we're Fan-fucking-tastic. Would you like to know more," She questioned loudly. "Come on up, just don't try any funny business--I have a tazer and it's charged. It's fine by me if you have weapons, just don't use them on us, I mean you should have weapons. Trust me you wouldn't be able to survive without them. I got to see some of the starts of the outbreak and they were not pretty at all. The only reason I'm alive is because I knew my way around the the ventilation ducts at the Hospital I worked at. I myself am going up to the Beartooth Mountains around Billings, Montana--I'm not sure where Kiv is going though. My Grand-Dad was living there, I'm hoping he's alive and well. You're welcome to accompany me in the travels, if you want--though I'm making a pit stop at a few Army Surplus stores along the way. What do you need help with? I may be of assistance, that is--if you haven't been bitten, scratched, or shared any open wounds with those bastards. Your accent, it's Southern--where are you from? I'm going to go ahead and ask you this--you wouldn't happen to fave any form of pain medication on you, would you? Otherwise, I'm going to have to take a time out, that or I've got food as an incentive to carry me for a while. I thought about giving myself the surgery, but figured I might need to walk so it isn't such a good idea.."

Last edited by XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX; 05-07-2012 at 11:26 AM..

Drexy4ever

Old 05-08-2012, 01:50 AM

Kiv watched the girl talk, her mind drifting away as she babbled on about where she was headed. She'd only known one other person who talked as much as this chick had, and that person was herself. Of course, the girl didn't babble with other people. She'd been told by her mother that that was rude. No, Kiv babbled with herself. She talked of all kinds of things. The weather, old TV shows, what she'd be doing later... everything. And that's what she did as Milo talked for the first 10 seconds. She decided she was a sweet person, someone not to be afraid of, and began to tune back in to what she was saying. Nodding no, to the girl's current idea, Kiv began to speak. "I'm fine. I don't think that they really care whether my clothes match or not. I've been getting around fine in these." she said, pinching her light pink blouse and feeling the fabric between her fingers.

Her head jolting up at the sound of another voice, Kiv, looked around to see a frail boy calling out to Milo and herself. Kiv watched as he struggled to stay away from the zeds as he made his way to the two of them. After Milo greeted him, Kiv decided to take her turn. "Hi. I'm Kiv. I'm headed to... um... somewhere safe..." she said, not sure if she should just inform a strange man of where she'd be going. The last time she'd done that, she'd almost been killed by his crazy girlfriend, but that was another story. Kiv strained to concentrate on what Milo was saying and once she was done, decided to speak again. "Yeah, uh, I have my knife." she said, awkwardly flipping her jackknife open, unsure of what else to do between the two others. They were so outgoing and she was sooo... aloof. She'd never been one to be eager to jump into conversations with strangers.

Kriemedesan
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2012, 11:02 PM

“I’m not wounded, except for scratches from falling,” he shrugged, hoping they would trust him there. “You are welcome to check them or I can stay a ways ahead, if it makes you uncomfortable.” He looked sad and tattered, pants too short from growth. He was just at the end of puberty, shoulders and stronger features just coming in, if late. “I am from Kissimmee, Florida and I don’t have any medication; sorry,” he murmured and shivered, rubbing his arms. “Do you think we can get into the building? It’s freezing out here.”
Brian went toward the nearest window and bounced back as teeth slammed against the glass. He glanced from it to the girls and, with full but subdued alarm, mentioned, “If a stronger one comes, that glass will give and there are not many options left. Should we go down or in? How many are inside?” The blond was very pointed in what he had to ask and, although he was a blabbermouth enough to annoy anyone, this was just not the time.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 05-09-2012, 05:13 AM

Milo took the demolition hammer from her side and handed it to Kiv, "This is by far better than the knife, you don't have to be half as close. Which is probably fantastic in your case, you'll be less likely to have physical contact with the mindless undead. You're more than welcome to join me then if you'd like; I'm sure you won't run into any other Doctor during these times. So, I'm great to keep around, also I don't mind if you talk more. So long as you do it when nothings around."

"Well, if you finish coming up to where we are we can speak face to face, that and I need some help up there stairs. They'll be some food in it for you. I also know that there's a fire escape on the other side of the building. It's safest to go up the fire escape, over the top of the building, and down the other side. We could rest there for a while, there's a pool house on top that will give you time to dry off any warm up. I'm glad you're not scratched or bitten, I hate having to off people--it's saddening and a bit depressing. I myself am from Newport News, Virginia, I've been in the north for years though. The Everglades in Florida are lovely swam with the manatee's quite a few times, if this uprising ever ends--I'm going to open up a clinic down there. The building isn't such a good idea, I myself wanted to go in it--but there a Goodwill a few blocks from here, we could get water resistant winter jackets for the both of you. They might have a pack or two there if we're lucky, if we can find decent electronics like a heater or something--I've got a solar panel."

Kriemedesan
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-09-2012, 03:12 PM

“Oh, thank God,” he praised in a whisper, dropping his head and meaning every word. He tiptoed up the stairs gingerly to not instigate the corpse making faces against the glass. As he came closer, his age really started to show. Development had lagged behind for something between male and female, but his latter teen year were just started to rectify that mistake. Nose still perky and eyes frames by fluffy, golden feathers, he was at least five-nine, five-ten, and might get taller before any more masculinity arrived.
“Warmth, food and safety sound like great ideas. I have been stuffing my face with nothing except the occasional rotted mush I find and the weather up here sucks,” he noted with a frown, wiping the water off his brow. “Florida rains often, but it is not nearly as cold and the population up here is denser with them,” he tipped his wet head at their undead audience. “Montana is right above Wyoming,” he noted, having looks at the map enough to know by now. “Perhaps after we find them, you would like to go there. It has the least dense population and there is a group prospering there.”
Brian really only wanted to go there so that he could restock and head to New Hampshire. Heaven knew he would needed and maybe others would want to go with him, if they did not want to stay in Wyoming. New Hampshire was surrounded by the densest populations of zeds, but they were the original branch from which Wyoming’s group originated from. They had been doing a great job and he hoped it had remained that way after communication was lost. On his way there, zombies forced his separation from those he traveled with before. Buoyant by what Milo had said and the thought of returning to his friends, he went to go first, but paused and waved politely, learned on women and yet not quite sure they would take the offer.

Kriemedesan
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-26-2012, 10:47 PM

((Drexy4ever: ...Did I kill the thread?))