hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-06-2011, 11:57 PM

go to the 'shops' tab and then go to the 'special events shoppe' last page and last item on the page before.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-06-2011, 11:59 PM

not to stress you out but its only going to get harder when you get into college. at least that was my experience and Ive been twice.

:) but as long as your driven to work hard for what you want then itll all work out in the end. Good luck Otto

thanks Hummy I did notice that :)

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 12:01 AM

Yeah I know. In college though I won't have to graduate early or worry about the school administrators screwing me over the way they have my whole high school career. It's a long story, but I think it's all working out now. I'm not really sure. I'd kill for a chance to be able to just do this like a normal high schooler though.

c: Thanks, I'm sure I'll be able to pull through this okay.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 12:05 AM

how is it different for you?

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 12:09 AM

I'm dual enrolled at the local public school and also in an online program. I won't be able to graduate this year unless I complete all of the classes with the online program before January. Unfortunately, the online program continues to change their rules and make things harder for me to get it all done on time. They lied to me when I enrolled with them last year about what classes I would need to graduate through their program. They only just informed me about the other like 5-6 classes I "needed" at the beginning of this year. I technically don't need to take these classes, but they don't do graduation based on how many credits you have. It's actually really dumb. They're making me re-take PreAlgebra, World Geography, Earth Science, etc. They're all very lucky people that they're in a different state or I would be in their offices every day causing them problems for what they're putting me through.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalker View Post
not to stress you out but its only going to get harder when you get into college. at least that was my experience and Ive been twice.

:) but as long as your driven to work hard for what you want then itll all work out in the end. Good luck Otto

thanks Hummy I did notice that :)
yeah, sorry that post took forever to.....post.

:o

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 12:15 AM

wow Otto that really sucks. even though their office is in another state you cant try and talk to someone or either have your parents try to clear things up or maybe your student adviser in high school could do something to help?

:) its ok Hummy thanks for the info

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 12:18 AM

They ignore our calls and emails for as long as they feel possible. It's rather infuriating actually. We've been playing phone tag with one of the lead administrators and she is not happy that we keep calling her. We're going to drive these people up the wall until they get everything in order the right way. In fact, their Earth Science course is so bad that they won't allow anyone new to enroll in it and they're completely overhauling the curriculum, but they're still making the current students suffer through it. NONE of the tests in this class match the material they're having us learn and most of what's on the tests can't even be found in the book.

It's rather infuriating if you can tell. So somehow I think I'm going to enjoy college much more.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 12:24 AM

wow I know this isnt going to help you know and you should really wait until you graduate from your online course so you can your diploma but once you do you should totally report the online school to the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

Is the online school an actual accredited school? They have an actual school set up somewhere that regular students attend or are they basically an online school?

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 12:28 AM

Yeah, I'm going to report them once I'm gone. This is really ridiculous and I've only told you the tip of the ice berg.

The school is all online for now but they're working on building an actual school in the state they're working in. They are actually accredited, much to my disbelief. They're in fact a school that has received honors and they're highly respected by public schools that accept online/homeschool credits. I'd imagine that they only maintain the standings they do because no one's ever had the guts to stand up to their bull the way I am.

Unfortunately I've had really terrible luck all my life with schools. I could sue the district I went through elementary and middle school for all they're worth because of what they did to me. Hell yeah, American education! /sarcasm

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 12:41 AM

wow sorry to hear that. Youre home schooled?

I have a friend how had a raw deal they kicked her out when she was in middle school but the court system insisted that they had to give her an education so when she was 14 they put her in high school in the 'special' class with a boozed up, drug using morons. Two of them told her to she should just kill her self repeatedly during her time there...

she actually did try... and even though they were saying it in front of the teachers the teachers never said anything about it. Thankfully she ended up pushing her self through and graduated with a GED in about 2 and a half years....

Schools and teachers just dont seem to give a dame.... Then they wonder why kids are getting stupider and stupider with each generation...

My friend is dyslexic but they called her retarded through out her time in school because it was easier....

Meh Ish Dum
Devout follower of Jesus Christ

Old 11-07-2011, 12:45 AM

*wanders in to the thread, willingly to partake in light discussion*

How are all of you this fine evening? (better yet, whatever time it is)

I just realized I need to go to the library in the morning to get Forever from the Shiver series by Maggie Stiefvater. Ohmaigosh, the suspense is killing me.

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 12:47 AM

I've been teaching myself in online schooling programs since I was in 8th grade.

Oh my goodness that sounds terrible. Schools seem to get away with just about anything these days. It's really disappointing. I'm glad your friend managed to get through though. A lot of people aren't so fortunate as to actually make it through.

My elementary tried to put me in the special education class just because I was having trouble with my home room teacher. When in fact, it was because she was a drug addict who came to school high all the time.

Hey, Meh! I'm having a great night, what about you? Is that a good series at all? I've never even heard of the author but if it's something exceptionally interesting I might have to pick it up.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 12:47 AM

:) hello friend

What kind of series is that?

Monte Gray
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 12:48 AM

CANDY!!!!

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 12:49 AM

lol same here. Can you give us a small summary and try not to give spoiler alerts?

----------

:) lol hi Gaara

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 12:49 AM

Hey, Gaara. XD You sure seem enthusiastic about the prospect of earning candy.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 12:53 AM

lol candy = sugar. sugar = hyper

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 12:53 AM

Oh yeah, that definitely makes sense. Get a good sugar rush going to your brain cells and suddenly everything is bubbles and sunshine. |D

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 12:54 AM

lol yep

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 12:55 AM

I'm actually really glad they set up the candy earning process the way they did. It's really nice to be able to earn it for posting instead of just using the trick or treat function, since you don't get much candy for that.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 12:56 AM

yea I guess that is nice

Meh Ish Dum
Devout follower of Jesus Christ

Old 11-07-2011, 12:59 AM

Hmm.... Well, give me a moment to summarize with a rough response. ;D

WARNING: (Prologue spoiler) Okay, there is this one girl that grew up in the woods, her name is Grace, and she was very young and naive. She played outside a lot and fed animals in the neighboring woods. (such animals are wolves) When one day she was (how do I put this not so harshly) dumb enough to come up to a very large wolf to hand it food, when it reared out to attack her. She got bitten and cut up severely by the wolf and when she was near death, another wolf jumped in after the attacking wolf. The fight went on for a bit and she was saved by the hero wolf. She comes up to the wolf and stares into his deep yellow eyes and the wolf runs from her.

Basically it is a Werewolf Romance that isn't all about "Woo hoo! I have big abs and I have a 103 degree temperature all the time" soprt of thing like Twilight. I suggest reading it because it goes from thrilling to amorous to heart-breaking within chapters. You will love to read this. :D

Anyway, yeah. Hi everyone! :D

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 01:03 AM

That sounds interesting. If I get the time and access to a library maybe I'll pick it up and see what I think of it. About how long is it though?

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 01:05 AM

:) I made a note on my phone so hopefully when I go they can help me look for it.

I havent read the Twilight books but in my opinion based off the movies Im not sure Id want to. I mean Vamps who sparkle. And why is Bella so special that she has two guys fighting over her?