Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 06-03-2014, 01:24 AM

Andrew nodded slowly. He'd gotten lost in the desert once, a year before. He'd run out of water fast, and his life had started flashing through his eyes. That had been nearly as terrifying as being imprisoned and harmed daily, but White had led him here. Perhaps this oasis had saved more than just a few people in its existence. Maybe it was the source of life for many. Since then White had never been lost, she had always found the place time and time again.

Andrew grimaced hard, looking down. "I don't know... I'm afraid of guns... My fa... my... I mean, what if... I shoot you? Or myself? Then I'd slow you down more..." Guns terrified him ever since he'd seen his mother's life drain away. He didn't want to see that happen again, especially not from his own doing.

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 06-04-2014, 08:22 AM

Joey chuckled and shook his head. "We'd be careful. You shouldn't be afraid of guns, only the man behind it. If you can protect yourself, I will be happy. Besides," Joey gave him a hard look. "I want you to be safe. If you refuse, I'm afraid you can't come along with me... I don't want what happened to Jake, happen to you... I'd... It'd be too painful to have to go through that again."

He sipped his own soup, waiting for Andrew to decide. "Andy... I only want to know you can be useful, and also safe." Because I have fallen for you... he wished he could say it, but it felt silly. What would Andrew say? What would he think of the white man falling in love with him?

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:20 AM

Andrew sighed and closed his eyes, trying and failing to see himself accurately hold a gun. A shotgun looked too big for him, and any type of pistol just seemed clunky in his long-fingered hands. Perhaps he had the perfect hands for a small gun, and that terrified him even more. "Fine." He sighed, reaching into the little bowl in his hand and sucking the liquid from his fingers. "But I tried to warn you." Inside he grimaced at the idea of hurting Joey without realizing it. Misfiring, or dropping it and letting it go off.

Setting the bowl aside, near the fire, Andrew stretched and grimaced at the pull on his back. "Ah... Joey... Do you think they should be checked again?" He worried about his wounds' healing process. Especially the one that had been infected. And when he moved, the stitches pulled uncomfortably, but not overly painful. He was just glad Joey was around to help, even if he used the threat of abandonment too much to set Andrew's conscious at ease.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 06-13-2014, 12:46 AM

"Yes, I will take a look at them." Joey put his bowl to aside and motioned for Andy to lie on his stomach. As he did so, the white horse came immediately to the man's side. "Your horse seems to be concerned about you. I wish Night was this loving..." He threw a glance over at his horse, which was casually drinking from the water. "He's loyal, a great horse, don't get me wrong."

He slowly unwrapped the bandages and peered at Andrew's wounds, sighing in relief. They were healing nicely and the one that looked infected yesterday wasn't swollen and red any longer. "They are good," he said, his relief in his tone. "Not infected. the stitches are holding together nicely too. Does it still hurt?" He lightly touched the young man's back, feeling the silky smooth skin that was interrupted by the nasty scars. He quickly moved his hand away and gulped, feeling shaky.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:30 AM

Andrew smiled at Tide and reached out as he stretched himself on the ground, petting her hoof reassuringly. She bent down, nuzzling his hand as Joey started on his back. "Well, perhaps he knows you're strong enough to take care of yourself." He offered, hopefully in a helpful manner. He wasn't sure, since all horses had their own personalities and he was glad to have one that was sweet and motherly toward him.

He grimaced when the air hit the wounds, but it was more of surprise than pain. The gentle touches from Joey's rough hands was easy, and he hummed lightly. "Aah... Nnnn... no, it... doesn't hurt." He sighed, burying his face in his arms. What was wrong with him? The pain was there, but it wasn't uncomfortable now. The solid, focused pain was more of an overt stinging, and the stinging didn't hurt. "Not at all actually... Am I... am I.. sick?" Concern for his body was pushed into the forefront of his mind. Why did he not hate the pain? Or the stimulating touches? He was probably more of a freak, so he bit his lip to shut himself up.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 06-21-2014, 04:02 AM

"You'll be fine. They have healed up quite good, actually. Could ride into town with me, if you wanted." Joey took his hands from Andy, smiling in relief. "Not fit for long rides, but short ones will be fine. We can get some food for dinner and maybe some other things." Joey longed to visit the brothel house in Darkwater. There was a young man that secretly did services for those inclined. He rubbed his hand over the stubble on his chin. Perhaps see a barber too. He wasn't sure how much money he had left, but he was certain he'd have enough.

"Just so ya know, Andy, Darkwater is the only place left that trusts me. I am friends with the sheriff. He saved my life a few years back, and I have great respect for the man. While we are in the town, I don't want ya to upset any of the folk... Though I doubt you'd be the type to cause trouble..." He chuckled slightly. "Ah... Don't worry about it. Also, the folk there are amazingly kind. There are even a few natives that work in the farms and stores around here. So don't need to fear them, boy."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:40 AM

Andrew sat up when he was allowed, his tongue poking out the side of his mouth as he moaned and stretched upwards, letting the pull of his skin become just enough to acknowledge the wounds on his back, but not open them. "I'd like to see the town." He said after a moment, with a little smile. "Maybe... maybe I could find a bit of work while we're there? That way I could... get some clothes... new clothes." He managed to stand and stumbled just a bit, enough for Tide to jump onto her hooves and nudged him. "These are... not good."

Gesturing to his pants, Andrew glanced down at them. They were threadbare and ragged, barely enough to be even slightly modest. The elastic in the waistband was snapped and kept sliding down on his thin waist, falling even as he managed to stand on his own two feet. That he had no shoes or shirt didn't help him feel more secure, and that meant he was able to show off his wounds, which he wasn't exactly proud of. "J-Joey, I promise I won't... be a nuisance, or... a thief. I'm no thief, I swear!" He clasped his hands in front of him, almost in a prayer. "And I'll keep my head down. I won't say anything out of place, unless I'm spoken to." He bowed his head submissively.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 06-28-2014, 10:47 PM

"Andy, I know you ain't a thief. And you don't have to worry about the money. I still have quite a bit left from the big heist I did..." The one that killed his pretty boy. He shook his head, trying not to think about it. "Yeah, you need new clothes. I can lend you my jacket for now, so you don't have to show them ugly scars."

Joey picked up his jacket and handed it to the young man, smiling at the white horse that stood nearby. "Looks like she wants to ride too." He glanced over to Night as saw that the stallion seemed restless, pawing the grassy earth beneath his massive hooves. "Get yourself ready, we'll ride into town and buy some things."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:56 PM

Andrew nodded slowly, standing up straight and accepting the jacket when it was handed to him. It was heavy, a protective type of garment, and much larger than he was. He glanced up to Joey, but didn't remark on the item, instead pulling it on and feeling five pounds heavier. Andrew had to roll the sleeves up several times and even then they nearly overtook his hands, and smiled meekly at Joey. "It's, ehm, a bit... large." He admitted finally, which was a stupid thing to say since Joey was only blind on one eye and could still shoot better than most men with both.

He stepped away, toward White, and stroked her mane. "I'm ready whenever you are." He looked back to Joey. True, he had nothing else but White Tide, a comb in his pocket, and now, a borrowed jacket that was much too large on him. So he wriggled his way onto White's back, and she shook her mane slightly to accommodate him. His back barely pulled, but it was only the slightest bit uncomfortable when he egged White into taking a few steps.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-03-2014, 02:44 AM

Joey grinned as Andy got on his horse, thinking how silly his jacket looked on the much smaller man. His thoughts wondered and he shook them out of his mind, climbing easily on Night and leading the horse into a slow walk towards the town. Night kept pace with White Tide easily, and the two rode into Darkwater after only a few minutes on the go. Joey led Andrew to the grocers, dismounting from Night and tying the horse next to a brown stallion. "Here's some money, you go in and buy whatever you need from this here store. There's a tailors just over there and also a barbers..." He doubted Andy would want to visit a barber.

"I'm just going to the bar for a drink." And some company, he thought as he handed the young man a few notes. "Um... I'll be about an hour. We'll meet up here, OK?"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:27 AM

Andrew thought he did wonderfully in hiding his discomfort as they rode into the town. He did manage a smile, though, as they entered the place and he followed Night and Joey to a post, where he slid from Tide's back and simply pointed to the ground. She knew what it meant and wouldn't leave unless he was with her. Nodding at Joey, he pushed the sleeves up and accepted the money. "Okay... T-thanks, I... I won't be long." He watched Joey go, and stood there for a moment before shoving the money he'd been given into his pants' pocket, crossing the dirt road to the tailor. He needed clothes first and foremost, and a bit more than a single set. The tailor in the small shop had premade clothing on shelves and hanging about, but requested Andrew be measured until he stuttered out that he didn't want to make a fuss and he preferred things that were a bit too large. When asked what happened to his clothes, Andrew mentioned that they'd been in a fire as casually as he could, and that he'd only had the pants left. The jacket seemed to be recognized, however, and Andrew didn't doubt that. He simply said that Joey was a friend he was traveling with for now, which seemed to be accepted.

He bought a series of cream-colored clothing, five shirts and five pairs of pants, and several underthings, including some very thick longjohns that he was told would keep him warm in the evenings, which sounded pleasant enough. When he paid, the number didn't look quite right for everything he'd bought, including a large bag to store everything and the extra set of clothes and shoes he was wearing now. But the tailor just smiled, nudging him out the door and telling him to say hello to Joey when they got together next. With the bag over his shoulder, off his injuries, Andrew felt a bit flush. What did they think of him traveling with Joey? He looked like a loner, the man, and here he was, mentioning him without warning. Did these people know him enough to understand that he was a loner type? Or did they have wrong thoughts about what Andrew was to Joey? He decided not to think about it as he entered the general store with the intention to get some of his own gear so he didn't have to rely solely on Joey. A knife, a bedroll and blanket, a canteen for water. A bag of dried fruit. A brush that worked better for his hair than the flimsy comb.

He found his way back to the black and white horses, and set his bag between his feet to wait for Joey and stroke White Tide calmingly. He was a patient young man, he could wait even if Joey ran over the hour he'd given them.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-09-2014, 11:49 PM

Joey watched Andrew walk away before slipping into the tavern, a large old building that sat in the middle of the town. It was simply known as Darkwater, like the town it resided in. The barkeep noticed Joey as he walked in and smiled, pulling down a bottle of whiskey. "Wet your whistle, sir?" the man asked, taking out a shot glass and placing it on the bar. Joey shook his head, glancing about the dark building. A group of men gambled at one of the tables, trying not to seem like they had been staring at him. Everyone here knew who he was, or at least what he was. He knew none would start a quarrel with him in fear of being shot.

"I'm looking for Gin... Is he around?" Joey asked as he got closer to the barkeep. He hoped no one was eavesdropping. The barman nodded and pointed upstairs. "Room 10. He's not occupied right now. I'm sure he'll love to see you again."

Joey nodded and tilted his hat at the man, turning left and walking up the almost hidden stairs. Once on the top floor, he walked down the musty hallway, passing many beautiful women who lay on their beds, either with guests or by themselves. He found room 10 at the end of the hallway, and smiled as the door was open and Gin sat on his bed.

The young man was beautiful, with long soft brown hair and dark green eyes. His pale face cracked into a warming grin when he saw who his guest was. "Joey! Oh, it's been forever!" he exclaimed, jumping from his bed and into Joey's arms. Joey didn't reply, simply kissing that pretty face passionately.

It may have been over an hour when he staggered from the tavern, finding Andrew waiting patiently by their horses. Joey straightened his hat and grinned. Smelling of whiskey and Gin, he approached the native. "I see you got yourself some good clothes and some supplies."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:58 PM

While he waited, Andy avoided the gaze of others as he focused on putting the extra weight on White so she could handle it without stress. He evenly placed everything so she could walk well and still hold him, and when he cooed kindly at her, she snorted and nudged him, and he felt confident that she would be fine. Then he wasted the rest of his time straddling the roping log, which held his weight easily, and he brushed out his hair with the new brush. It felt wonderful over his hair, never catching, or pulling. He smiled and closed his eyes, humming in appreciation at the simple luxury he had now, and no one could take that away. Not right now. Sighing, Andy decided to leave it loose and glanced up when the breeze changed and he caught a rather intoxicating smell on the wind. He didn't comment on it, but smiled, relieved that he had a familiar human to speak to now.

"Oh, yes..." He returned the smile gently. "I... got everything I thought I'd need... Clothes... And some underthings... And a bedroll and blanket of my own, so you don't have to share with me..." He kicked his leg over the log and sat right, facing Joey. "S-so... Um, are we... going on, or are we going to stay here...? For the night, I mean?" He looked down, but he didn't know why. Maybe because that habit was burned into his memory, his psyche. And his back was aching, though he didn't want to admit that beyond a grimace. The movement of White Tide under him had irritated the injuries.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-19-2014, 01:11 AM

Joey nodded, glad to hear how practical Andy had been with the money. He glanced at the horses and then back at the bar. How long had he been with Gin? Was it just him or was the sky darkening already? Andy definitely needed at least one more day of rest before they traveled. He had been good at disguising his hurt, but Joey knew the ride to Darkwater had been uncomfortable for his injuries.

"We can go back to the oasis and camp out, or stay at the hotel for the night. Either way, I want to teach you how to shoot a gun," Joey said, scratching his chin. "The hotel is nice and warm, but at least at the oasis we have plenty of room to learn."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:53 AM

He had a choice? Andy didn't like that. He'd spent his life not making choices. Deciding to let the wind control where he went, allowing White Tide to pull him along, sometimes out of danger, other times away from towns and settlements. He'd nearly met some of his own kind, but had scared himself out of it. "Um... I don't mind." He shrugged at last, staring at the ground beneath his hanging feet. "I haven't slept on a bed in... a few years... S-so I wouldn't... miss it." And then there was learning how to shoot. He wasn't looking forward to that. He couldn't say no, though. Joey would leave him if he refused to learn and he couldn't stand the thought of being abandoned. Again.

"We can go back." He said after a moment, contemplating his choices. "If you want me to learn. I mean, since. Since you want me to learn..."

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-23-2014, 09:42 PM

Joey scratched his chin and regarded the young native. So beautiful he would be desired by even a straight man. And now he was speaking as if he was Joey's slave. Even though a small feeling deep within him liked the idea, he shook his head and sighed. "I want you to learn in case we have to defend ourselves. I want you to understand you still have a say in the matter. I wont be forcing you to shoot guys or anything. I just... You have to know how to fight." Because you can't die like Jake. he added in his mind.

He untied Night from the stand, petting his horse's nose. "But we should head back before it gets too dark... I trust you bought some food as well? We used up all that snake." He grinned as he remembered how useful Andy had been killing a rattlesnake instead of running away like a coward. "Then we can bathe and practice shooting when the sun is going down. The long shadows help you track your target and shoot better."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:12 AM

Andy nodded a little; he felt steady on his feet, though the pain was still there in his back, feeling as if it reached down to the core of himself. He grasped a handful of Tide's mane and she responded to the gentle tug, turning around and shaking herself under the new weight on either side of her. One thing Andy refused to fit her with were horseshoes, a bit, tack, or anything that he didn't need. Tide was perfectly capable of listening to him without all that rigging and leather. He paused and looked up, the only way he could look at Joey at all. Did he regret what he did? Killing others. Did he regret it? Andy couldn't bring himself to ask such a personal question so he waited until they were on their respective horses and nearing the edge of town.

"I... killed a man." He muttered finally, loud enough so Joey could hear but soft enough so his voice wouldn't break.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-25-2014, 10:54 PM

Joey glanced over at Andy, wondering why he had said what he had said. He didn't say anything until they were safely back at the oasis. He go off Night and let the horse go to the water's edge to flop down in the cool shallows. He watched the horse for awhile before turning to gaze at Andy. "I didn't need to know that. I don't care how many men you have killed. I've killed hundreds. But you don't need to tell me..." He rubbed his temples. "Why did you want to tell me this, kid?"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:46 PM

Andy was silent while Joey was. Was what he said boiling down in Joey's head now? Was he changing, morphing into something beyond the innocent little weakling Joey thought he might have understood Andy to be? He wished he could go back, stop himself from saying something he'd regret, and he was regretting it all the way back to their quiet little camp, regretting it as he took his things off Tide's back and set them where he was going to call home for the night. Then when Joey spoke, Andy was sure he were swallowing glass with how painful his throat was.

"I... I don't..." He sighed, going rigid and standing up as straight as he dared. "Because... I wanted you to know that I can kill too. Just... not with guns... That if I get mad enough I... I... I'm... not... safe to be around." He lost all his sudden resolve and sagged. "Because maybe I don't like you thinking you're a Godless monster because it doesn't matter if you kill one or a hundred, your hands are stained and you can't take it back no matter how much you want to or how much you justify the deaths in your own mind. Because I killed someone too. Even if he deserved it... it doesn't mean I'm innocent." He went silent, breathing in a shuddering breath and letting it out in defeat, falling to his knees despite the sharp pain in his back and starting to unroll the bedroll he had so there would be no more unnecessary sharing.

Last edited by Tachigami; 07-26-2014 at 06:53 AM..