Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-09-2016, 01:13 AM

Has anyone else seen this yet? What did you think?
I feel like I need to see it again to get a proper idea of my theories on it but I did really enjoy it.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 09:22 PM

i haven't seen it yet, carebear
did you like it, would you recomment it

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-13-2016, 08:52 AM

I would recommend it to anyone who either likes action movies or is familiar with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's good, but a lot of its emotional punches come from knowing the characters from other films.

MeIshCutie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-22-2016, 11:59 AM

the movie was great. However, on the part where (spoiler) ironman found out who killed his parents. I was so upset that Captain America can't even give ironman some time grieve especially for all those years. I get how buck isn't himself but still I felt so sorry for ironman x)..

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-22-2016, 12:36 PM

You can tag spoilers with a [ HIDE ] [ /HIDE ] tag (no spaces).

SPOILERX

Yeah I feel bad for Tony as well. I really believe he was doing his best, and doing what he thought was right. And then to find out that the man Steve had been protecting was the one who had killed his mother...

Last edited by Bearzy; 05-23-2016 at 03:58 AM..

MeIshCutie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-22-2016, 10:11 PM

ooh! i meant to say spoiler alert. XD but i should have about hiding the message inside the spoiler :P. good thinking ;)

yeah, that part really got into me.. XD i talked about it to my partner for days in hopes that the movie will magically change into my favor and then re-watch it haha.. x]

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 06-06-2016, 03:40 PM

Having read the Civil War storyline ages ago I was both excited and scared for this one. Mainly I was curious to see how they would adapt the scenario to the world that they've created in the MCU. I already called the fact that they wouldn't end it the way the comic's storyline ended because American movies definitely shy away from killing heroes. Especially in superhero movies (don't talk to me about the end of The Dark Knight. Or do.). Also I was really hoping that they were going to include one of my favorite things Captain America has ever said, the "No you move" line.

I actually really enjoyed the film...even though I still feel like Marvel owes me an actual Captain America film since this was basically a team up movie. I was lowkey disappointed in the fact that they gave the "No you move" line to someone else and it actually felt like it had a lot less impact than it did in the comics. Which is unfortunate because like I said that has always been one of my favorites.

I was also lowkey disappointed that my favorite scene involving Peter Parker wasn't in the movie. I won't go into too much detail because spoilers, but a big part of Peter's motivation in the comics involve what happened at the end of The Amazing Spiderman 2 with Gwen Stacy. Going into it I knew that this was a new Spidey so the chances of The Scene happening were slim, hence the lowkey disappointment. All was made well by how freaking adorable and in character the new Spiderman was. Wow what a delightful little nerd.

Major freaking heart eyes for T'Challa. I couldn't have been more pleased with him. I need the Black Panther movie in my life. He is so wonderful. Wow.

I could say more, but I've already gone on for a while.

APBCole
BUGS CAUSING ME UNABLE TO POST

Old 06-06-2016, 09:51 PM

SPOILERX

Tony was at the wrong end of the whole debate though because he traded one evil(Hydra controlled SHIELD) for another(The world governments who happened to have a stake in SHIELD before its collapse in the public eye). Plus Bucky was being controlled by Hydra and it wasn't "him" that killed Tonys parents. It was the mind controlled part of him that killed his parents. Sure, the person was Bucky but it wasn't Bucky.

All in all, Cap was on the right side and did what he needed to do. Tony came out the bad guy as he always does because his character is basically always instigating trouble.