Robot Jane
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Robot Jane

Old 04-14-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Von Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alegretto
I totally don't get Vasquez, though. His art is awesome, but he's just so disgustingly full of himself. He's so annoying about it, though.
He really is. I find his stuff hilarious and his art style unique, but for as much crap as he gives the goth crowd, he sure mopes and moans about himself a lot. Not to mention he looks like such a little weiner. And the bastard hasn't done a damn thing since ZIM. Lazy jerk.
Plus, ZIM wasn't even that great. He's had better stuff. He's so ceoncerned with his image as some ass-hole, anti-goth shit, that he's refusing to make good comcis. I really did like JtHM, though.

I think someone mentioned Y: the Last Man. That's amazing. The art is so great, and I can't wait for the next one to come out.

I'm also a huge Buffy fan, and so any comics involving the Buffyverse have my thumbs up. I just read the first part to the 8th season, and it's classic Joss Whedon.

Someone also mentioned Miller. Yeah, the guy's crazy now, but some of his stuff was AMAZING. The Batman comics he did just blew me away.

Sandman's a given. Gaiman is always ready to serve up something interesting and slightly derenged.

ROSIE
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-15-2007, 07:13 PM

I was never a really big comic book fan........until I reached the age of 10 of so......I met this gurl named Crystal, who introduced me to the Marvel comics. I started out reading, Spider Man, The Fantastic Four , X-Men, and Spawn. I enjoyed reading them so......much, I began to Collect Many Comic Books...... In time I stopped reading them, when I thought they were no longer cool. So I gave them all to my younger brother, who started to animate his own. Then I started doing so myself..........

Tech
*^_^*
Banned
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Tech

Old 05-11-2007, 05:59 AM

I like a lot of different comics, but my current fix is the Silent Hill comics, and oddly enough, the Drow Trilogy comics. I really like the way they illustrate the drows in those comics, even though it was somewhat a weak execution as a comic, when compared to the book.

But they do what they can, I suppose. I'm a big fan of Michael Turners comics. I like the way he draws a lot. And of course I'm a die hard Spiderman fan. The new gen ones are pretty, but the storyline is a little... lame. Didn't care too much for it, but they're trying to make it appealing to the new generation.

vaccutter
Banned
n/a

Old 05-19-2007, 08:22 PM

I like just about anyhting in the Marvel realm.
DC sucks hardcore. I hate it
Who else hates DC?

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 05-30-2007, 03:07 AM

Pah. Maybe you haven't read any good DC titles. Or are just too opinionated for your own good.

Try reading some Starman or Transmetropolitan. That's some awesome shit right there.

Mrs. Unstable Joker
(-.-)zzZ
Banned
n/a

Old 06-07-2007, 11:32 PM

Ultimate X-men >_>

Akemi
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-12-2007, 01:41 AM

David Mack's Kabuki is my favorite. It's Japanese themed but western styled?
It's a great mix of watercolor, collage, sketch, and traditional comic style.

When I was raised on Archie comics, and also read some X-Men, Gen13 and Wildcats. I also read all of Neil Gaiman's Sandman series which I wasn't overly fond of the artists but I loved the story.

chauu

Old 06-12-2007, 02:32 AM

Lenore, the cute little dead girl :D

Degnne
Child of Atom

Old 06-20-2007, 07:38 PM

Y: The Last Man
Fables
Astonishing X-Men
Mike Carey's current run on X-Men
New X-Men
Runaways
Young Avengers

I plan to try Crossing Midnight since I have a feeling it will be joining this list, as well.

Akemi
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-22-2007, 02:19 AM

Oh! I forgot about Runaways. I'm completely hooked on that one too :D

Hidari
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Hidari

Old 07-20-2007, 10:33 PM

Runaways, hands down.

I've only read the first 6, but I can't wait to read the rest. I re-read them all the time.

Spatterdash
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-23-2007, 08:56 PM

Oh god, so many different ones I love - V for Vendetta, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Sandman, Action Philosophers, Ghost World, Fantastic Four, the Flash, JSA, Starman, Green Lantern Corps, Tank Girl, 2000AD, Nextwave, and there's so many more on my to-buy list. Really want to get my hands on DC: The New Frontier, I've heard it's great.
Superhero-wise, I usually go for what I've heard is well-written rather than specific characters, but there's a few exceptions. I'll read absolutely anything with the Golden Age Flash in. C'mon, supersonic pensioner in a stylish hat, what's not to love?

Razor Sharp Kisses
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-26-2007, 10:30 PM

The Uncanny X-Men for sure~

When I was younger I read Gen¹³. I don't read like, any comics anymore though. That's a bummer.

A Scanner Darkly
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to A Scanner Darkly

Old 09-01-2007, 05:26 PM

Ultimate X-Men, Giant Size Wolverine, Marvel Zombies, Ultimate Ironman, X Academy...

Yeah...>,>

I like myself some Marvel.

ReinedeLutin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-06-2007, 10:40 PM

Return to Labyrinth!!! Cover drawn by Japan man, but the inside by american. Anything about the Labyrinth, no matter how I wish Jareth and Sarah were together even though the series is about Toby, I love anyway.

Jayms
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-16-2007, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akemi
David Mack's Kabuki is my favorite. It's Japanese themed but western styled?
It's a great mix of watercolor, collage, sketch, and traditional comic style.

When I was raised on Archie comics, and also read some X-Men, Gen13 and Wildcats. I also read all of Neil Gaiman's Sandman series which I wasn't overly fond of the artists but I loved the story.
When you say "David Mack" do you mean Dave McKean? I only ask because your discripsion of his art style sounds just like a discripsion of Dave McKeans work.

I love comics. i'm a big comic nerd. mainly marvel but thats more because of the fact i grew up with the TV shows and it's alot easier to find Marvel stuff than anything else. I do however love DC charcters a little more and my fave publishers seem to be Vertigo.

Niel Gaiman is AWSOME. He's my fave author of both novels and Graphic novels. And i love his film scripts. I will admit sandman isn't my cup of tea, although one of my fave short storys is in there.

Eserel
8U CHARGIN MA LAZERS

Old 10-07-2007, 04:48 PM

Every Sunday, I have to read Garfield and Pearl's Before Swine. I absolutely love PBS! The humor is so odd, but totally childish and random! XD <333

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-10-2007, 06:16 PM

Batman and the X-Men series, I also have some Spiderman. Its all the old stuff so I try not to read it, its more of a hobby.

Fuzzorz
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Fuzzorz

Old 10-12-2007, 12:14 AM

Cable and Deadpool. I love the series, also love Ultimate Spiderman and Ultimate X-Men

Northawke
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-12-2007, 10:11 AM

I'm a huge Hellboy fan and also crazy about The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Kathryn Lacey
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Kathryn Lacey Send a message via MSN to Kathryn Lacey Send a message via Yahoo to Kathryn Lacey

Old 10-13-2007, 07:59 AM

My favorite comics include:

"The Crow"
"Razor"
"X-Men"

They're amazing and addicting. I can't get enough of them, nor have I yet to get enough.

Smiley160
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 10-14-2007, 05:11 AM

i do its naruto comics its real hard to find them in english

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Nightgaunt Send a message via MSN to Nightgaunt

Old 10-14-2007, 01:05 PM

I like Powers, BPRD, Hellboy, the -new- Conan stuff, "Sadhu", and Nightmares and Fairy tales.

Is it really that hard to find them, Smiley? Every time I turn around here I see a new horde of Naruto stuff.

Nahalethe
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-14-2007, 06:21 PM

I only like a couple of the hardcopy published titles, but I have tons of favorite webcomics.

Published Comics

Runaways
BPRD
Hellboy
The Amory Wars

Webcomics

Lackadaisy Cats
Octopus Pie
Digger
The Zombie Hunters
Demonology 101
Gunnerkrigg Court
Templar, AZ
A Softer World
Elsie Hooper
Bang Barstal
Ballad
Elf Only Inn

And dear god, so many others. xD

Roth Keahi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-18-2007, 06:16 PM

Lets see... Comics I read...
Well, I have a subscription to Amazing Spider-Man and have been collecting it for I believe 6 years. after the current arc i will have the whole Strazinski run.
Other than that I read Invincible, Exiles, Y: The Last Man, Runaways, and all of the Marvel Zombies stuff that I can get my hands on.