Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 01-12-2015, 05:06 AM

I've really gotten into free RPG Horror Games lately, and wondered if anyone else here liked them. A couple of my favorites are..
  • Ib
  • The Witch's House
  • Mad Father
  • Misao
  • The Crooked Man
  • Hello Hell...o

Anyone else have other good ones I can try? I have downloaded, but have yet to play Paranoiac, Mermaid Swamp, ReKinder, and Sandman.

zyne
they/them

Old 01-12-2015, 05:36 AM

i actually get freaked out really easily but ive been meaning to play a few
ive heard good things about yume nikki and ive played some of alice mare before getting to noided to continue lmao
also there's .flow and ultra violet which i think are based of/spun from yume nikki in some way? those are pretty well known too

found a list here if youre interested!

Pandora's Box

Old 01-13-2015, 05:47 AM

There's so many... I think I might die of happiness! :D Thank you!

I watched a playthrough of Yume Nikki recently, and although I like the mystery behind it, I prefer games that have more of a plot.

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 01-14-2015, 07:57 PM

If I remember correctly, One of the Corpse Party games was an RPG. I think it was a remake if I remember correctly(Might of been a fan made remake if i remember correctly) but I would say that was a good one. I wish RPG Horror games were more abundant. That would be amazing to me.

Pandora's Box

Old 01-14-2015, 10:50 PM

I think all the corpse party games are technically RPG games. I have a friend who has the game, but I've never played it. I've wanted to though.

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 01-15-2015, 04:22 AM

I played one of the really old Corpse Party games which was a remake of the first one. I 'almost' bought the PSP remakes when they were on sale for five bucks for both. I regret not doing so.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-19-2015, 11:26 PM

I've only played Mad Father, but would definitely be interested in playing other free horror RPGs. ;D

Pandora's Box

Old 01-21-2015, 02:56 PM

You'd probably like Ib if you liked Mad Father. As well as Misao, since it's made by the same people. The Witch's House is a good one too, except you die...a lot.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-22-2015, 07:26 AM

I just remembered that I never actually finished Mad Father. I got to the end, I assume, and a certain someone was chasing me, but I keep getting cornered in a room.

But i'll make a note to look those up. ;D

Pandora's Box

Old 01-26-2015, 06:10 PM

You can look up playthroughs to see how to get past the end. I'd be very lost without those playthroughs.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 01-30-2015, 01:39 PM

I love your list! I don't have anything to add to it though. I've played the ones you have Pandora and the ones you're planning on playing. Rekindled was quite fun. Terrifying but fun.

HeavenlySatanic
Jack of Many Trades
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to HeavenlySatanic

Old 02-04-2015, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora's Box View Post
I've really gotten into free RPG Horror Games lately, and wondered if anyone else here liked them. A couple of my favorites are..
  • Ib
  • The Witch's House
  • Mad Father
  • Misao
  • The Crooked Man
  • Hello Hell...o

Anyone else have other good ones I can try? I have downloaded, but have yet to play Paranoiac, Mermaid Swamp, ReKinder, and Sandman.
Paranoiac is really hard (because memorising places to hide in with high speed monsters and vague puzzles)
Mermaid Swamp might not be worth the playthrough
Sandman is less scary and more just quirky
In terms of RPG horrors you should check out, Dreaming Mary, Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea, Cloe's Requiem, Akemi Tan, The LiEat series, The Forest of Drizzling Rain, Alice Mare, Paranormal Syndrome, Mogeko Castle, Hand in Hand, Happy Birthday (more of a puzzle game than anything but still kinda good), Infectious Nightmare and Bury are some relatively good ones

I don't really recommend playing Yume Nikki fangames but one that really stands out is Fleshchild. I don't know if it's finished but it's quite impressive as a fangame
Fangames are usually good to avoid in general they're mostly disappointing

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2015, 12:00 AM

Played Misao last night, and it was pretty fun. I liked the reference to Mad Father.

I got the normal and bad endings, and might give Truth a play tonight. ;D

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-19-2015, 03:50 AM

Oh, and thank for recommending The Witch's House.

It was so good.

Kitty Paine
Gamer Kitty

Old 04-09-2015, 11:17 PM

Does The Evil Within count?

xPastelBishx
Too Kawaii
Send a message via AIM to xPastelBishx

Old 08-02-2015, 08:22 AM

I don't think I ever played a game with horror in it.. lol
I know my brother has xDD

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 08-04-2015, 03:34 AM

I like watching other people play horror games on youtube. And seeing the story of the game without playing. Plus it's like you're experiencing it together. My Nephew likes creepy games too. So we'll watch them together then prank people. XD

Woot100
hail satan

Old 08-11-2015, 09:48 PM

Last edited by Woot100; 07-08-2020 at 12:28 AM..

Nurse Valentine Purple

Old 10-21-2015, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora's Box View Post
  • Ib
  • The Witch's House
  • Mad Father
  • Misao
  • The Crooked Man
  • Hello Hell...o

I have Misao and Mad Father and started playing them a bit. I already know what all happens with both as well as the one I'm addicted to, Undertale, in both the pacifist and genocide, I plan to do neutral as soon as I'm done with pacifist, which may take a while because of Undyne mostly.

VixieMooCow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-30-2015, 05:21 PM

i've never actually played a horror RPG..... they sound funky though

CrotchetyCrab
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2015, 05:45 PM

I've played a few, like Ib and Mad Father, but I get too scared and stop. I prefer watching gameplays of horror RPGs. Much easier on the heart attacks, haha.

They are really fun to watch. Especially if the person's reactions are genuine and good. Or if they are unfazed and just don't care. Sometimes those are better to watch with, because they calm you down.

It's really hard making a horror game or RPG, so give the developers lots of credit!