Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-20-2015, 11:40 AM

Nico sat in a cafe people watching. He wished he had people to hang out with but there was nothing he could do about it. ::Neal?:: He sent tentatively. He didn't want to startle his love but he needed somebody to talk to. He knew it was midafternoon where Neal was. He just needed some sort of contact. He was starting to hate being alone. He was so close to getting to the States and he was tempted to sell some of his nicer things at a pawn shop to make up the missing money.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-20-2015, 05:12 PM

Neal startled, but only because he'd been about to initiate contact as well. The voice in his head seemed conjured up by just his longings. ::Nico? Are you done with work for today?:: he asked as he finished the rest of his walk down to the lake. Abita Springs was a tiny town and though hot and humid already in the spring, a person could easily walk wherever they wanted to go. Leaning down, he stared at his reflection in the water. Other voices carried from the distance, but in this little alcove, he stood alone.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-29-2015, 07:10 PM

::Yeah I'm off work today.:: Nico said as he wandered the streets. It was raining a bit but that was nothing new for him. ::How has your day been?:: He hoped Neal had had a good day. He worried about Neal a lot.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-29-2015, 10:46 PM

::It's been alright:: Neal answered as he stared down into the lake's water. His reflection stared back and he turned away to avoid looking at it. ::I drew something. Actually, I wonder if it's your face my pencil decided to render:: Not that there was any way to tell for sure until they met.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-29-2015, 11:11 PM

::Well I wanted to send you my picture... if you were willing to give me your address. If not I am close to having enough to make it there. I'm just glad I have been keeping up my passport every year. One less expense. I am actually going to sell some of my nicer stuff.:: He said finally getting home. He started to go through his stuff to find anything that might be worth some money at the pawn shop.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-29-2015, 11:46 PM

Neal sighed. They were back to that. ::I can give it to you. Just let me know when you send it:: Dropping onto his back in the damp, warm grass, he stared at the sky that always looked so blue here. Blue and hot. How could a sky look hot? He didn't know, but somehow this place managed it. ::I dislike you giving so much stuff up for me. It should be fine if we just wait a little longer...:: No matter what Nico said, it still weighed on his conscious.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-30-2015, 12:50 AM

Nico knew he was giving up a lot. He knew it might not work out. But he had to believe it would. But how could he make Neal understand that he was so alone. That he had nobody to talk to. ::I know.:: He found somethings he could get a bit of money for. He pulled out his grandfather's old coins. He knew for a fact that several of these were worth a goodly amount of money. Though it hurt him to think of selling any of the collection.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-30-2015, 01:13 AM

Neal sighed and sat up again, feeling a little irritated with Nico. ::I don't want you to give up anymore:: He didn't want the other man to argue his way out of this with compassionate reasonings. It wasn't fair and Neal would never be happy with that. The sky started to darken and he stuffed his hands into his pockets before heading home again. He could remember a time when even coming down to the lake and laying like that might bring a daymare on it, but now at least, he could rest in peace. How long until the visions left his dreams entirely?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-31-2015, 01:43 PM

But he was so close. He was so close to not being alone anymore. Nico wished there was away he could make Neal understand that. He had nobody in this world except Neal. He took a deep calming breath. ::Alright.:: He paused a moment. ::You're lucky to have your dad.:: He sunk to his bed. His own dad had walked out on him and his mother when Nico was only three. He had lost his grandfather when he was ten and his mother when he was thirteen. For five years he had been bounced from foster family to foster family until he was to old for the system. From that time on he had been by himself.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-31-2015, 03:21 PM

Neal paused before he shook himself and continued home. ::I know. At least part of my family is good:: His father could be overbearing at times, but he was an amazing man and all that Neal had. The love couldn't be stronger. Once home, he smiled at his father out of the blue before sitting on a couch. ::But if you get rid of all you have left of your family, won't you feel sad too? That's what you plan to do right?::

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-31-2015, 10:30 PM

::No. I told you I wouldn't.:: He said laying on the bed staring at the ceiling. He would keep his promise to Neal. He would do almost anything for Neal and the two of them hadn't even met yet. He also promised himself he wouldn't ask about the address again.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-01-2015, 02:22 AM

::You would if I didn't make you stop though...:: Neal sighed. But he dropped it because this was pointless to argue. They would just have to wait until they could meet for real and in that time, he would try to make himself into someone worth seeing. Since Nico hadn't seen him, he didn't know. As much as he wanted them to meet, a part of him wasn't ready yet.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-01-2015, 12:32 PM

Nico just lays there not sure what to say. He yearned to meet Neal but perhaps he was moving to fast for the other. All he knew was he was tired of being alone. But he did his best to keep those emotions out of his thoughts. He didn't want to burden Neal with them. He let out a sigh. ::I'm sorry.:: He finally sent.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2015, 11:23 PM

Neal sighed, but didn't respond back to that last apology. He was sorry too for acting like this. Maybe he was making Nico unhappy like this, but he wouldn't budge so easily. Going back to his day, he spent the rest of the night with his father, just watching tv together and talking about music, before he went to sleep. This time, he didn't dream which left him refreshed for an early day of college classes.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-08-2015, 08:48 PM

(Mind if I skip ahead.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-19-2015, 05:09 PM

(go ahead)

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-20-2015, 02:48 AM

It's been three months and for the last two Nico had been living in a homeless shelter. When his lease had expired on his apartment he had decided not to renew it. And in doing that was able to earn enough money to get to the states. He couldn't wait to tell Neal. ::Love are you busy?::

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-24-2015, 03:51 AM

Neal was walking home from class at the time, trying to ignore the muggy air that shouldn't have been so hot at this time of year. The school year went by so fast and he found it almost at a close now. Finals would be a few weeks away and he tried not to get caught up in the thought of them. Unsurprisingly, nothing much had happened in the little town he now called home. Nor had all that much happened with him and Nico. Perhaps he over analyzed it, but he thought they 'talked' less, like something might have come between them? Less interest on Nico's part? A secret? Because Neal really thought he would press much harder to come visit him.

So when Nico's voice echoed in his head, Neal was surprised to say the least? ::No. Just walking home. You?:: he asked, careful not to show hesitation. As always, it was easy to hide emotions over this telepathic link.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-24-2015, 08:07 PM

::I have some rather exciting news.:: He said sitting on his cot in the shelter he had called home the last few months. He knew he and Neal hadn't talked much. He hoped Neal hadn't thought he was avoiding him. Because that wasn't the case. He had just been working hard to save money. ::I have enough money to come and visit.:: He did wonder how the other would react to to hearing that.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-25-2015, 04:49 PM

Neal blinked and froze in front of an intersection, despite the walking sign read green. The two other students slipped past him and he just stared straight ahead. ::You do? How did you even...?:: No, he didn't want to question that right now. It was such a surprise because he felt so sure that Nico gave up on this dream and now, so suddenly. ::Sorry, I'm happen. When do you plan to come?:: he asked before he finally hurried across the street.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-25-2015, 10:26 PM

::When works for you?:: He was fairly flexible in his schedule. ::Oh and don't worry. I didn't sell any of my stuff to get the money.:: Though he wasn't sure how Neil would take him living in a homeless shelter to save money.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-03-2015, 05:03 PM

For a minute, Neal didn't respond. He focused on walking because he felt like he had to. He might end up in an entirely different city otherwise with how much attention his conversation with Nico took up. ::Oh. I don't really know? I guess it doesn't matter when you come:: he answered with. It really didn't. He had nothing concrete that would say, don't come! Shaking his head, he reached home and decided to sit down in the driveway because his conversation felt more private that way. Though it really shouldn't matter. ::Did you really not sell anything?:: The thought made him hopeful, but doubtful as well.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-03-2015, 08:15 PM

::I really didn't. My lease on my apartment was up a few months ago. I moved in to a shelter so all my money could go to saving to see you.:: Nico replied. He was a little worried with how Neal was going to react. He hoped it wouldn't be negatively.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-04-2015, 05:10 AM

Neal let out a sound somewhere between a groan and a scream as he fell onto his back, staring up at the sky. If anyone happened to be nearby, they surely would give him a strange look. Though it wouldn't be the first time he screamed out of the blue like he had the first day he moved to the small town, having woken from a nightmare in public. The folks here left him alone now. ::I hardly say that's better:: he thought, adding on a sigh. How could Nico think it was right to just dump everything in his life like that? A shelter was a shitty place to live no matter how you looked at it.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-05-2015, 12:20 PM

Nico ran his fingers through his hair. ::Actually the shelter is a dozen steps up from the hole I was living in.:: He knew he had disappointed Neal and he hated it but wouldn't have changed what he had chosen to do. He just hoped that Neal still wanted him to come. ::So when should I come?::