Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-22-2016, 09:49 PM

Banner by Nephila

Spring is just around the corner and love is in the air. It's that time of year where couples show their love and devotion with paper gifts and candy. Gifts from the heart are always best when made with the hands. Please share your lovely crafted gifts with us.
~@~
ALL PARTICIPANTS will be getting a little something. So don't fear about your level of craft prowess. Everyone will get a prize so join in the fun and WIN! :D

There will two categories. One for Cards and General Crafts.

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-13-2016 at 03:16 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-22-2016, 09:49 PM

How to Participate

Make a hand crafted card or gift and post it using the provided form below.

RESTRICTIONS
  • No more than two entries per person, per category.
  • Don't edit your username into your image - it has to be part of the original photo. If you mess up and forget the username, talk to me & we'll see if we can work something out.
  • No storebought items, please! Using recipes or box mixes is fine, as is getting as little bit of help from another person as needed (2 year old "help" decorate? That's fine. Enlisted someone to chop nuts for you? That's ok too.), as long as you've done the majority of the work yourself.
  • The Item MUST be original to this event. basically don't enter something you entered last year/event that didn't win.

ENTRY DEADLINE

All entries must be submitted in this thread by the end of the event.
(Check the Event FAQ for the most current info.)

PRIZES

For each category:
1st Place - 5K gold
2nd Place - 2K gold
Runners-up - 750 gold

Last edited by llonka; 02-12-2016 at 03:32 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-22-2016, 09:51 PM

Cards

ENTRY FORM

[COLOR="red"][B][SIZE="5"]My Card[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]
[B]Comments[/B]: [optional]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clair Voyant View Post
If it still doesn't qualify I understand. :)
I shall go take some pictures! *scurries away*

My Card

SPOILERX

Comments: My fiance, Manny, is a very practical person. He hates Hallmark cards, feeling like they are meaningless and too expensive for what their purpose is. So, with limited resources for buying him gifts this year, I made him "52 cards", each one with a different thing I love about him. I used a deck of cards for several reasons. He loves play-on-words/pun jokes very much and he's a big poker player as a hobby. The cards are from the "Aria Resort" in Las Vegas, Manny's favorite hotel.

Side note- Manny saw me doing this and was rather confused. I explained what it was and he says to tell everyone that I should win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiari View Post
My Card

SPOILERX

Comments: One of two cards I made for valentines day, even though I have nobody to give them to.

My Card

SPOILERX

Comments: The other of two cards I made for valentines day, even though I have nobody to give them to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
My Card

Comments: Here is a Valentine's Day themed card I made! The colors in these photos aren't exact -- the hearts are actually (from top to bottom) neon pink, magenta, and lavender. I included the second photo to show that the origami hearts are 3-D :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
My Card

Comments: just an idea I had to go with my bouquet :3 "I love you more than..." "Voldemort wishes he had a nose! (to smell all these roses!)"

Last edited by Nephila; 02-19-2016 at 06:39 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-22-2016, 09:52 PM

Crafts

ENTRY FORM

[COLOR="red"][B][SIZE="5"]My Craft[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]
[B]Comments[/B]: [optional]

Quote:
Originally Posted by momochan View Post
Okay, here's my entry!

My Craft
<3
Comments: Valentines day is a day of looove~ And if you're single, self love! I am indeed single, so I decided to make myself a little something! I made a needle felted Abel doll~ His base (like a core) is made out of polyester fiber/stuffing, and his everything else is made from wool roving and acrylic fibers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clair Voyant View Post
Oh I'm glad it counts!

My Craft

SPOILERX

Comments: I'm not the greatest sewer, and I don't have a sewing machine- hand sewed entirely. So, there are two rice/oatmeal heating pads. The rice-oatmeal (in the red-white checkered cloth) combo keeps heat in, releases a delicious and soothing scent while delivering heat to a desired area of the body. These two red-white-checkered pads are then placed inside two mini pillow-cases, one is fleece and the other is flannel. A black zipper is sewn into each pillow case and are easily to remove, for heating and cleaning. My fiance, Manny, gets terrible back and neck kinks because his job forces him to sit and stay motionless 8-10 hours a day. These two pads, I made with love, are to ease his aches and pains, enfolding him in a warm embrace when I'm not around. #sickenlysweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
My Craft

(more in spoiler)

SPOILERX

Sorry for so many pictures, I wanted to make sure to show all the angles and features.

Proof of craft lol

Comments: This year was my first Valentines Day with my beau and he LOVES leopard print, so I made him a bouquet of duct tape roses. There are 7 total (3 leopard, 4 red) and they all double as usable pens (shown in spoiler) The vase is filled with foil shreds and the card, which I also made and pasted to cardboard (the heart was glued separately), is tied on with velvet leopard print ribbon. Everything is made by me other than the vase (obviously).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastriel View Post
My Craft

Comments: I made some kawaii valentines charms, all about the size of my thumb nail or a little bigger. Everything is made from polymer clay, even the mouths. :)

Last edited by Nephila; 02-20-2016 at 01:55 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-22-2016, 09:52 PM

Welcome to the event. :D

Last edited by Nephila; 02-06-2016 at 12:44 AM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-13-2016, 06:47 AM

CraFtie Nephie

star2000fire
Star2000shadow's Mule

Old 02-13-2016, 08:35 PM

hmm if i jus thad a way to take ap icture I'd so do a card for mene 'nods'

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-13-2016, 08:44 PM

*puts on her craftie thinking cap*

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 12:13 AM

I love your outfit Star. :)

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 02-14-2016, 02:20 AM

I already have an idea!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 04:00 AM

Excellent! :D

Your just about the cutest lil mouse I ever did see.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 02-14-2016, 05:14 AM

Hmmm...I want to use the gift I made for my fiance this year as an entry...but it used a deck of cards as part of the gift....does that disqualify it? :)

Last edited by Clair Voyant; 02-14-2016 at 05:22 AM..

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 02-14-2016, 06:05 AM

Hmmm... interesting...
i wanna make a card too
when is the event ending?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 08:42 AM

This contest is for hand crafted stuff, Cards or other crafts. If it's a set of playing cards or something you bought then yes it's disqualified. If you made the card you can submit the card under that category.

As for the event. As far as I know it's going to last a week.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 02-14-2016, 05:59 PM

I made the item, but used a deck of playing cards to create it.
Sorry for the confusion. Does that still disqualify it? It has to be completely hand made? :)

---edit

Oo! Can I submit some sewing?

Last edited by Clair Voyant; 02-14-2016 at 06:07 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 07:24 PM

Oh if they were used to make then then yes that should be ok. I'm curious to see what it is now. :D Also yes sewing is allowed.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 02-14-2016, 10:03 PM

If it still doesn't qualify I understand. :)
I shall go take some pictures! *scurries away*

My Card

SPOILERX

Comments: My fiance, Manny, is a very practical person. He hates Hallmark cards, feeling like they are meaningless and too expensive for what their purpose is. So, with limited resources for buying him gifts this year, I made him "52 cards", each one with a different thing I love about him. I used a deck of cards for several reasons. He loves play-on-words/pun jokes very much and he's a big poker player as a hobby. The cards are from the "Aria Resort" in Las Vegas, Manny's favorite hotel.

Side note- Manny saw me doing this and was rather confused. I explained what it was and he says to tell everyone that I should win.

Last edited by Clair Voyant; 02-15-2016 at 12:02 AM..

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-15-2016, 12:24 AM

Clair Voyant, that is adorable

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 02-15-2016, 03:41 AM

Okay, here's my entry!

My Craft
<3
Comments: Valentines day is a day of looove~ And if you're single, self love! I am indeed single, so I decided to make myself a little something! I made a needle felted Abel doll~ His base (like a core) is made out of polyester fiber/stuffing, and his everything else is made from wool roving and acrylic fibers.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 03:49 AM

Oh those are some great first entries. Cute idea for the cars. :D

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 02-15-2016, 04:08 AM

Oh I'm glad it counts!

My Craft

SPOILERX

Comments: I'm not the greatest sewer, and I don't have a sewing machine- hand sewed entirely. So, there are two rice/oatmeal heating pads. The rice-oatmeal (in the red-white checkered cloth) combo keeps heat in, releases a delicious and soothing scent while delivering heat to a desired area of the body. These two red-white-checkered pads are then placed inside two mini pillow-cases, one is fleece and the other is flannel. A black zipper is sewn into each pillow case and are easily to remove, for heating and cleaning. My fiance, Manny, gets terrible back and neck kinks because his job forces him to sit and stay motionless 8-10 hours a day. These two pads, I made with love, are to ease his aches and pains, enfolding him in a warm embrace when I'm not around. #sickenlysweet

Last edited by Clair Voyant; 02-15-2016 at 05:10 AM..

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-15-2016, 05:20 AM

Those are some great handmade crafts, Clair Voyant. Very sweet of you to make those for manny

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 02-15-2016, 08:30 AM

Oh my god Clair that is sweet af <3 sO CUTTEEE

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 02-15-2016, 05:44 PM

Hehe thank you. I enjoyed making them, too!
Manny is afraid our house will soon be overfilled with crafts.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 08:37 PM

over-filled with love <3