KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-12-2016, 01:15 AM

Thanks to Nephila for the lovely banner!

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-12-2016, 01:16 AM

You hip kids must have worked up quite an appetite out there! Welcome to The Diner, a cookery contest for the coolest of cool cats. Take a break from cookin' on the Sock Hop dancefloor and get cooking in the kitchen!

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-12-2016, 01:18 AM

Rules and guidelines

• The overall theme of this contest is a Mene Diner. Think food you would find in a 50s diner- or perhaps a more modern one- with or without a Menewshan twist. You're welcome to add any comments or explanation with your entry. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the thread or via PM.

• Your username must be physically present in your entry photo i.e. on a piece of paper- it may not be edited in digitally. This evidence can be in the form of an additional proof photo.

• You may use recipes- and I encourage you to share them with us! Entirely store bought entries will not be permitted. Assistance is allowed but I expect you to have done the majority of the work.

• Up to three entries in each of the categories (savouries, sweets and drinks) are permitted per user.

• Entries will be accepted until the end of the event. Check this post for details.

Last edited by KatMagenta; 02-16-2016 at 08:44 PM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-12-2016, 01:22 AM

Copy and paste the form below to enter!

[COLOR="Firebrick"][SIZE="5"][B]Whatcha got cookin'?[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]I've made a:[/b] Savoury/Sweet/Drink
[b]Title:[/b] [What's it called?]
[b]Entry:[/b] [Image or link here]
[b]Comments:[/b]
Example:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Username: KatMagenta
I've made a: Savoury
Title: Creative name
Entry: [nice picture]
Comments: I made a delicious burger based on a family recipe.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-12-2016, 01:25 AM

Savoury

Because food always tastes better when it's served in a basket! Burgers, hot dogs, nachos and fried chicken are just a few examples of possible entries for this category.

Entries
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clair Voyant View Post
Whatcha got cookin'?
Username: Clair Voyant
Title: Too late but so good
Entry:

SPOILERX

Comments: My fiance, Manny, and I got together for the first time on Valentine's Day. He invited me to his place, at the time 70 miles and a boat ride away from me, for the weekend, with the promise of a restaurant dinner I'd never forget. When I arrived at the ferry dock, Manny was waiting there nervously, with a bouquet of roses.
"There's been a problem," he said slowly. My heart sank, sure he had changed his mind and I had come out only to have to turn around again. "I couldn't get us reservations anywhere. It was too late." He looked near tears. "But I can cook well; would you be willing to go to Pike Place Market with me and we'll get fresh food to make dinner at my home?"

We eat that same meal, lemon-basil salmon, blanched green beans with bacon chips, and parmesan cheese-garlic roasted potatoes, every Valentine's day.
Quote:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Username:Nephila
Title: Poutine
Entry:
Comments: The Canadian classic poutine found in many diners and quick stops. Thick cut fries with cheese curd and gravy. Its one of those comfort foods you know is bad but you love it any way.
Quote:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Username:Ava The Vampre
Title: Loveberry Basil Salad
Entry:

SPOILERX

Comments: Nothing says, "I love you" like berries, basil and kale! c: Just a yummy, delicious treat for your body this Valentine's..... year? :D
Anyway, this salad consists of kale, basil, dried cranberries, strawberries, feta cheese, and a nice basil blueberry vinaigrette. :)
And sorry it's in a tupperware. :/ I didn't have any pretty plates to put it on. :C
Quote:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Username:~Longcat ~
Title: Onion and mushroom burger
Entry:
Comments: 100℅ beef patties, with whole seed mustard, sautéed onions and mushrooms, cheese, tomato, all on a sesame bun.
Quote:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Username: Velvet
Title: Heart Healthy Roast
Entry:
Comments: It's cold and nasty out.. The perfect time for a hot, slow cooked roast. This roast was made by me using deer, potatoes, onions, fresh parsley, baby carrots and various spices. It's good for you and tastes delicious.. (Not to toot my own horn or anything. )
Quote:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Username:~Longcat ~
I've made a: Savoury (healthy)
Title: Mozzarella salad pinwheel
Entry:
Comments: tomato, cucumber, spinach, pinwheeled in mozz cheese. Something healthy after all those burgers and sweets.
Quote:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Username: Emma Corrin
Title: Sauburger Sliders
Entry:
Comments: Breakfast Sausage is combined with quality Hamburger in this perfect beast of a burger. Topped with Velveeta Cheese, mayo, ketchup, and onions, this Sauburger Slider is a favorite on the menu!
Sweet

Ice cream sundaes, pancakes or a slice of pie. Just some of the potential desserts to satisfy the sweet toothed amongst us!

Entries
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearzy View Post
Whatcha got cookin'?
Username: Bearzy
I've made a: Sweet
Title: Chocoholic Choccie Cake with icing and a sprinkling of chocolate chips
Entry:
Comments: Beware, this cake will make you fall in love... with the cake that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
Whatcha got cookin'?
Username: Woodlandnymph
Title: Perfect Puddin' Cup
Entry:

SPOILERX

Comments: The perfect way to end your heavy, fried meal at a diner! Now, I'm not on a paleo diet, vegan, or any special diet... but I wanted to use my chia seeds in interesting recipes. This one worked out great. It tastes just like regular chocolate pudding! I substituted the fig in the original recipe I found for agave nectar since I knew my blender wouldn't be able to puree it as well as I'd like. Here's the recipe if anyone is interested: Chocolate Chia Pudding
Quote:
[/COLOR]Whatcha got cookin'?
Title: Eclair Cake
Entry:
Comments: Most recipes call for premade chocolate icing that you melt in the microwave because it is quicker and easier. But for my eclair cakes I use unsweetened cocoa powder, butter, water, and powdered sugar for the chocolate icing. Of course, you have to let the cake sit in the fridge longer for the icing to become solid. I also add an extra layer to mine because I love the flavor the graham crackers give the cake. And yup, those are sugar cookies I baked today next to the cake. Too much sugar... @_@
Quote:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Username: For-Chan Cookie
Title: Ooey Gooey Love Bites
Entry:
Comments: A valentine's twist on the gooey bars that my friends are all obsessed with. These are Ooey Gooey Love Bites! Strawberry flavored bites made nice and gooey chewy with a combination of sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate and sprinkles! Lots of red sprinkles :D You can never have just one of these things!

Hmm, didn't realize my pictures was sideways and now I'm too lazy to fix it.
Quote:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Title: Rose on a cookie.
Entry:
Comments: An icing rose I made at work and put it on a cookie. Originally I made it for my husband... but our one year old loved it.
Quote:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Title: Sweet Heart Cookie Pie
Entry:
Comments: Sugar cookie mix, M&Ms, and Peanut Butter M&Ms mixed together to form dough, topped with Fudge Filled Chocolate Hearts before baking. Once sliced we pop it on a plate while it's still hot, pipe some whipped cream on top, and serve it with vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate syrup!
Quote:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Username:xoGIZMOOX
I've made a:Sweet
Title: Molten LOVEn Dark Chocolate Brownie [What's it called?]
Entry: [Image or link here]Comments: It's Dark Chocolate Brownies with chocolate iceing and heart sprinkles and I put chocolate chips in the batter so that it has like a molten lava cake type effect to it for added funness ^.^
Drinks

Found your inspiration at the Malt Shop? Or if milkshakes aren't to your taste there's always floats or making your own soda drink.

Quote:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Username:Nephila
I've made a: Drink
Title:Chocolate Banana Milkshakes!
Entry:
Comments: My daughter and mom had the same priceless expression when I brought these out the other night. The sprinkles are so much fun makes me feel younger. :D It's nice to surprise loved ones with treats.
Quote:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Username: Arinia Dreamdancer
Title: Love Potion for Two
Entry:
Comments: In honor of Valentine's day I made a milkshake made with as many different aphrodisiacs as I could fit in it and still have it taste good.
It's got chocolate, banana, honey, strawberries, walnuts, vanilla and it's topped with more chocolate and whipped cream
Quote:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Title: Spiced Coffee Float
Entry:
Comments: Fresh brewed Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll coffee combined with steamed milk and caramel syrup, then iced and poured over vanilla bean ice cream, then topped with whipped cream and dusted with cinnamon!
Quote:
Whatcha got cookin'?
Title: Apple-Berry Cham-Float
Entry:
Comments: This summertime favorite is a must for any adult coming into our Diner. Being in the ritzy part of New York, we get a little fancy with our floats! The Apple-Berry Cham-Float features spice apple cider and a splash of Barefoot Berry Champagne poured over black raspberry ice cream, topped with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and a fresh red delicious apple.

Last edited by KatMagenta; 02-26-2016 at 07:56 PM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-12-2016, 01:32 AM

Prizes

For each category:
3rd place: 2500g
2nd place: 4000g
1st place: 5000g + Special Delivery CI

If there are enough entries overall prizes will be rewarded in addition to the above!

Last edited by KatMagenta; 02-12-2016 at 01:36 AM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-12-2016, 01:34 AM

~Reserved~

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-13-2016, 06:39 AM

Hey good lookin'

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-13-2016, 07:14 PM

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't drop by to welcome you in any earlier because I've been at work today.

Sooo if you want to tempt me with some nice comfort food it would be a good time.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-13-2016, 07:17 PM

I have a Valentine's Day cupcake I decorated, but honestly my friend was the one who baked it.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-13-2016, 07:23 PM

i have no clue what i want to do.....eat my mistakes ;p

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-13-2016, 07:23 PM

Thanks for your honesty, salvete. I'd still love to see it if you have any pictures!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-13-2016, 07:26 PM

RAK could offer some prizes
for a 'decoration' catagory, KittieKat

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-13-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

Hey good lookin'
Hummy - you missed a rhyming opportunity. You could have said "hey good lookin' whatcha cookin'?"

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-13-2016, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearzy View Post
Hummy - you missed a rhyming opportunity. You could have said "hey good lookin' whatcha cookin'?"

that was my inspiration *hugs*
i plan to enter something
if i can come up with it

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-14-2016, 01:10 AM

Aww hummy I just saw your post. It is okay, I will just eat the cupcake, haha, but you are so nice! :)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 01:21 AM

i have already sent the prize to KittieKat
just post us a picture, pretty please <3

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 02-14-2016, 02:19 AM

Get in the kitchen you say... I suppose I can whip something up!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 04:45 AM

Tomorrows diner is going to be SO fun. XD The bf and I are planing it now. hehe.

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 02-14-2016, 06:07 AM

i wanna make cupcakes

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 06:32 AM

I will make something! If I can be arsed going down the shop for baking ingredients!

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-14-2016, 10:06 AM

Yay! Fauxreal, Maha, Bearzy you can do it!

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 02-15-2016, 01:28 AM

Ohh! I have the perfect idea for what to make for this.

I haven't entered a cooking contest before on here, so I'm a little nervous, but I have been meaning to make some sweets anyway, this would be the perfect opportunity to make something yummy.
Provided I can get the ingredients before the contest is over!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 02:19 AM

Ok I have a thing, I just need to get it online now. #thestruggleisreal

---------- Post added 02-15-2016 at 03:21 PM ----------

Whatcha got cookin'?
Username: Bearzy
Title: Chocoholic Choccie Cake with icing and a sprinkling of chocolate chips
Entry:
Comments: Beware, this cake will make you fall in love... with the cake that is.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-15-2016, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

i have already sent the prize to KittieKat
just post us a picture, pretty please <3
Ahh hummy you don't need to do that! <3 But I will upload some photos in just a sec for you <3