Risque
bing chilling

Old 01-04-2019, 01:23 AM

Hey all, I just found a quick workaround that allows us to preview single-equip items again.

I used the Stylus add-on for Chrome which allows you to automatically hide certain html elements. In this case we want to hide the curtain, so you just create a new style with Stylus and add this:
Code:
#curtain {display: none !important;}
Feel free to slap me or delete the thread if this has already been posted somewhere else. (I tried to search)

Risque
bing chilling

Old 01-04-2019, 07:49 AM

Also, a small workaround for the DAC on Chrome.
  1. Equip the items you want to see
  2. Right-click the Afrodonkey image and then select "inspect element" (Or just Ctrl + Shift + I) to bring up Chrome Dev Tools
  3. You screen should look like the image below
  4. Right-click the link that comes after "src=" and open in new tab.

I was dicking around to try and make the process more smooth but opening the image with scripts triggers the hotlink warning, so this is all I have :(

( Inso, sorry if this uses up bandwidth )

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 01-04-2019, 01:20 PM

Kent also posted this great workaround for the DAC and previews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I've noticed you can right click and open the image for the DAC in a new tab and you'll see your avi. But you have to keep opening it in a new tab for every item you equip to it. So the DAC sorta works?? At least it works without having to load unsafe scripts.

You can also see previews through the marketplace for every CI if you right click on the icons for the item in the preview and open them in a new tab. You have to load unsafe scripts for that though. I use google chrome for that.
I tried it and it worked perfectly for the previews! I didn't try the DAC though.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 01-04-2019, 10:10 PM

Oh nice. Opening in a the DAC image outside of dev tools still gave me the afrodonkey image so I figured I’d share my workaround.

Good to know about the CI previews in the marketplace! I haven’t had a chance to look at all the CIs I missed because so many were multi equip and they don’t have previews in the rare item guide.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 01-05-2019, 04:37 AM

Yeah, I spent an hour just going through all the CIs I'd missed and trying on all the poses.