YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 01-10-2019, 09:15 PM

Hi!

When I try to use "Contact Us" before logging in, I can't send anything because it requires an Image Verification CAPTCHA that either doesn't display or displays as "reCAPTCHA1.0 HAS SHUT DOWN" instead. Can this Image Verification check be removed or changed to a newer version of reCAPTCHA?

I tried to change my e-mail yesterday (see my (RESOLVED) e-mail issue) and I ran into a bunch of complications, one of which was this captcha issue.

0) The confirmation e-mail never went through (as of 12 hours later, no luck).
1) When (0) happens it's very hard navigate the site because of a giant CHECK YOUR E-MAIL pop-up.
(I'm a computer science major and I know enough CSS/HTML to get past it with a Stylus style)
2) When (1) happens and you CAN get past it, you have to make space in your inbox. Registered users (who cans tore 5000 messages) become "e-mail not confirmed!!" users who can only store 50 messages. I had to do a LOT of clean-up to even begin to resolve this issue.
3) When (1) happens and you CAN'T get past the pop-up, you can try to use private browsing (to log out) and try "Contact Us" for help. This runs into the "reCAPTCHA 1.0 SHUTDOWN" or completely absent image verification issue.

If you're a new user and you can't confirm your account and your every guess at a fix is blocked by some issue, I can see that this is a very easy way to shut out new users.

The issue for this thread is the captcha but is there anything else we can do to lessen the effects of the complications above?