Assistant Administrator

Old 11-25-2017, 09:09 PM

Oh yeah! It's totally relaxed now! ... *hides the ban-hammer behind my back*

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 11-26-2017, 12:56 AM

Wow monstahh, I have never personally used that feature until now so I didn't think to check to see if it was working. o.O I just tested it and it said that it was working for me, (at least gave me the option to subscribe, and than to unsubscribe) Was it a specific forum that isn't working ?

I tested with the Welcome Lounge and it worked fine for me.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-26-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
Wow monstahh, I have never personally used that feature until now so I didn't think to check to see if it was working. o.O I just tested it and it said that it was working for me, (at least gave me the option to subscribe, and than to unsubscribe) Was it a specific forum that isn't working ?

I tested with the Welcome Lounge and it worked fine for me.
Yes it will let you subscribe or unsubscribe, but when people make new threads it doesn't show them.
I've tried Welcome, Announcements, GD and ....I think the Help desk as well as Site Feedback.
No posts or threads ever showed.

KushyKissez
♤♡Kushy Quinn♢...

Old 11-26-2017, 11:20 AM

So far I've only had problems with my inventory loading.. was able to do trades with mule..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 11-26-2017, 06:06 PM

That's an interesting one. Okay. I'll update it so say exactly what the issue is and get it to our wonderful coders ^^

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-26-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
That's an interesting one. Okay. I'll update it so say exactly what the issue is and get it to our wonderful coders ^^
Was that directed at me?
o:
either way, thanks for keeping things updated! much appreciate

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 11-27-2017, 08:15 PM

yes it was. Sorry about that. :3

Sadly i can't do much with knowing that Kushy kissez is also affected by the loading inventory issues. We're gonna get it sorted out! darn that code breaking. I know its a terrible inconvenience. But that's why we're collecting the information we can on the issue. Troubleshooting is half the battle :D

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 11-27-2017, 08:55 PM

Is there any idea of how much longer the trades will be down for? I feel that should have been one of the first things that was on the list to be fixed.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 11-27-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

I have zero interest for starting new somewhere else.

I guess there's the discord, but it's not really the same beast.

Me either :(
But slowly not coming online here as much - due to the fact I can't do anything really, trading is a commodity lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
I'd be absolutely devastated if Mene went away
I think a lot of us would.

Quote:
Meh. That may just be your perception from a different era of Menewsha. tbh.

As long as it's not complete XXX, full of curse-words/ hate speech or a long direct copy unquoted post it's been a looong time since mene was super strict with what people post. Even then someone has to report you for offending them for any of the more serious actions to be taken. We mostly give friendly warnings now.

Goodness, I remember the 2007-2013 days where I was legit afraid to chat for those same reasons. I didn't feel like I was really being listened to and there were these threads around where cliques would out right snub you if you posted in them. -which is something I can't imagine now, even if it take a day for people to chat back. I felt like I was constantly walking on eggshells and couldn't express my opinions without getting jumped on or asked to leave.

I have a few hits on the ol' Infractions page myself for "spamming" Because I misinterpreted the rules of a staff game.

I think it was the Ninja/Pirate game when getting people into a thread was a part of the game. I blanket responded variations of "Check out the ninjas thread/become a ninja." Mixed in with asking people about their quests. There was a couple that had the same message by sheer volume of what I had sent out, but mostly it was varied, AND I made an effort to chat with the people in their threads before posting the dang thing. A total of 3 strikes from that in rapid succession. Almost got myself banned for trying to play that stupid game. XD (though I loved it)

It was really different back then. Lot's have mellowed when it comes to whom they're starting conversations with. I actually have a way easier time now than I did back then chatting.

I got infractions for not quoting. It was stupid.
And it sent me on a complete melt down - because I got told if you had infractions you couldn't be a mod. So after that I completely gave up on that idea & was angry at the world haha. I could go from ZERO to 100 over very little.
That was a bazillion years ago though. I am a different person now however, those things don't bother me anymore. Actually, I think it's more - I don't give two f's that's the reason it doesn't bother me :P.

Yes things are way more lax now.. Maybe too lax haha.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 11-27-2017, 11:31 PM

I'd like to think there is more to Menewsha than trading. But yes it makes handing out prizes impossible. I'd really like to have it done in time for the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiviInLove View Post
Is there any idea of how much longer the trades will be down for? I feel that should have been one of the first things that was on the list to be fixed.
Sadly, no.

I'm sure it probably was, however some things are just easier to fix than others.

I'm looking forward to when this is all a bump in the road. Hoping for a better new year.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 11-28-2017, 01:03 AM

I agree with Nephy about how it was kind of off-putting before to post in certain areas. There were certainly a handful of users that we had on here that sort of went around causing drama and driving some people away from thread. I know that there were some users that if they were on a thread I would typically avoid it, or really monitor what I said because I knew they got set off easily.

But I think it's unfortunate the many really good losers we have lost too :( It bums me out looking at old threads and seeing so many familiar names, going to their profiles, and seeing they haven't been active in a few years. It doesn't seem like we get many new users these days. I wonder what's a good way to advertise to get people to come here without getting kicked off other sites.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-28-2017, 01:22 AM

I'd say facebook, but not only would they need an active page, they'd probably also have to pay to even have people SEE their posts in the first place.
:(

I'll think more on it during my next few days in bed....

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 11-28-2017, 01:27 AM

I'm kinda on the fence about more people knowing about us. Obviously it would be great for Menewsha to have more active users. As a way of making it a better place and keeping it around longer due to activity/donations.
But at the same time, and these is just my personal feelings, there are a lot of people from other sites that are on numerous ones that are known to cause drama and I'm always glad that it hasn't made it's way here. Menewsha is much more lo-key and feels more like a family to me and I really enjoy that. So in short, I'm not saying we should add and accept new people into our family, I'll always do my best to make friends here and make people feel welcome because I love Menewsha so much and I want others to as well. I just want it to stay away from drama as long as it can.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 11-28-2017, 04:55 AM

I have a problem!
My computer runs on: Windows
I use this web browser: Google Chrome
My Problem: I am unsure if this was something staff removed intentionally, or if it glitched away with the server. Next to the number that dictates our post, there use to be the word "permalink" that you could click and it would alter the web address to link to the thread and that post directly. That word has been missing for quite some time now, and thus that option. You can only click the post number itself and be directed to a new page with that one post alone. Not sure if that might also be linked to our pings doing that too.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 11-28-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I'd like to think there is more to Menewsha than trading. But yes it makes handing out prizes impossible. I'd really like to have it done in time for the event.

Sadly, no.

I'm sure it probably was, however some things are just easier to fix than others.

I'm looking forward to when this is all a bump in the road. Hoping for a better new year.

I know there Is more then trading. But when it feels like you should have completed something - but haven't. I dunno, it feels dirty.

I'm suppose to be doing a joint xmas thread for the xmas event (if there is one). However I don't want too, if I haven't handed out prizes from Halloween. As I don't know what I have or haven't got...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
I agree with Nephy about how it was kind of off-putting before to post in certain areas. There were certainly a handful of users that we had on here that sort of went around causing drama and driving some people away from thread. I know that there were some users that if they were on a thread I would typically avoid it, or really monitor what I said because I knew they got set off easily.

But I think it's unfortunate the many really good losers we have lost too :( It bums me out looking at old threads and seeing so many familiar names, going to their profiles, and seeing they haven't been active in a few years. It doesn't seem like we get many new users these days. I wonder what's a good way to advertise to get people to come here without getting kicked off other sites.
It is sad. But also I think that people just grow older and move on from this stuff. A small minority stay - like us. But I can understand how others would drift away. And the kids of today are different to the ones back then. In my opinion anyway. Mene just isn't as important when you start having your own life, career, marriage, kids etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahh` View Post
I'd say facebook, but not only would they need an active page, they'd probably also have to pay to even have people SEE their posts in the first place.
:(

I'll think more on it during my next few days in bed....
I see the posts on FB from mene. But I rarely see any responses on the posts.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-29-2017, 08:33 AM

Oh, I don't see mene's posts and I'm pretty sure I have them followed. Did they change pages again or anything? o-o

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 11-29-2017, 02:57 PM

Roachi, there was a moment the other day when the husband and I were driving back from Colorado that I freaked out thinking that I hadn't sent out the prizes for the raffle at Halloween and then realized, I couldn't.

Blown away that trading still is not working for a majority of the people here.

Nephila, trading is a commodity of the Menewsha site for some, like Roachi and I. It's how we generate gold and gain items for our giveaways during the events.

Not sure about Roachi, but I know for myself, I have not made any purchases of Mennies since the onslaught of the trade feature breaking, which is a loss of revenue for the site. Not saying that my money is the only thing keeping Menewsha up and running, but there are others that are likely doing the same, which is in turn affecting Menewsha down the line.

The longer this goes on, the more likely others will drop off that are active. My activity level has dwindled to practically nothing, partially due to real life getting crazy at work and partially due to the fact that I can't send trades and transact business to my customers and winners of a raffle. Starts becoming an out of sight, out of mind situation.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 11-29-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Andais View Post

Nephila, trading is a commodity of the Menewsha site for some, like Roachi and I. It's how we generate gold and gain items for our giveaways during the events.

I realize that. Trust me, I'm just as frustrated as you guys are with this situation.

I still have the last day of prizes to give out from Jeryck's hangout thread and a few idea's in my head for next event that simply can't be done without trades being back up.

Unfortunately there is literally nothing I or 90% of the staff can do about it. If the coders don't have the time, or care enough to get these things done in a timely matter I'm not going to lose any sleep over a drop off in sales or activity.

As bad as this lot is, I'm choosing not to dwell on it and I'm putting all my energy into what little I can do to make it better around here. Namely making pixels for the next event, trying to fix some old layering issues, and chatting with people that are still around time permiting.

If trades being down makes you personally not want to chat, or causes you not to donate during this hard time that's up to you. And I wouldn't blame anyone for feeling that way.

In the end all I can do is hope for the best, apologize, and thank you all for your patience.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 11-29-2017, 10:54 PM

You're doing a great job, Neph, and we super appreciate how much time you're putting in during all this.

I've seen you all over the forums and working on a lot of little projects that need to be addressed and working them out. I think that's great, and shows that you're paying attention and listening to the users.

Like you said, most of our staff can't do anything about the coding issues, so it wouldn't be fare to blame you guys or take it out on you. I do hope they can fix it soon and take it seriously, but I'll still be spending time here in the meantime

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-30-2017, 02:15 AM

Nephila: Staff of the Year

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-30-2017, 04:17 AM

Nephie equals love. Period

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 11-30-2017, 09:35 AM

Nephila blinded me with science!

R u b y

Old 12-01-2017, 06:34 AM

Yes, not being able to trade sucks. And I understand that some of us make gold here that way, but in my opinion that's no reason to stop being active (unless it's for real life reasons.) Basically boycotting because one thing isn't fixed. We're still ABLE to post and chat with friends and be social. I don't see why that's not something we should keep up until this gets resolved. Mene needs community more than ever right now.

Besides, posting will also generate revenue. Especially since none of us can buy things from each other right now

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-02-2017, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Yes, not being able to trade sucks. And I understand that some of us make gold here that way, but in my opinion that's no reason to stop being active (unless it's for real life reasons.) Basically boycotting because one thing isn't fixed. We're still ABLE to post and chat with friends and be social. I don't see why that's not something we should keep up until this gets resolved. Mene needs community more than ever right now.

Besides, posting will also generate revenue. Especially since none of us can buy things from each other right now
Why should I purchase CI's that I cannot distribute? When one faces facts, the reason we come to Menewsha is because of the nifty item's. Folks have come to Menewsha due soley to the fact that Menewsha is an avatar site with nifty items. And quite frankly, many have left Menewsha due to the site's nifty item's, or rather because many items are so ridiculously rare or expensive.

As for being social, I'm sociable when I choose to be. Seeing as how most of my social interactions here occur in the Menewsha marketplace, this has died down accordingly. This neglect has me thinking WE are the ones being boycotted.

R u b y

Old 12-02-2017, 07:02 AM

I wasn't saying you should still donate when your sole purpose for doing so is to sell them in the marketplace/exchange. It's your money and you have every right to spend or not spend it on what you wish. ALL I was stating is that the hangouts and such still have some activity. It's slow, but it's always slow.
I come to Menewsha for the community. I guess that makes me the minority in your eyes. But I come here for the friendships I have made and the only social interaction I really get. Menewsha is more than an item catalog. I for one plan to support the users by continuing to chat. As it's not their fault this is happening.

---------- Post added 12-02-2017 at 02:04 AM ----------

Also, while there are some items that you would be likely to never get unless you were here in 2007, there are lots of other items that are available and not so out there. When you compare that to the inflation rate/number of items that a place like Gaia has, this is NOTHING near that level and anyone that leaves because they can't have a kings/queens crown (or other top rares) probably isn't good for the community anyway.